Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: (1846 Views)

What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. / Women & Biological Clock, Men & Economical Clock... What's Fair? / Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2009
Think about it
If nature did not have restrictions on when a woman was most fertile . Let's say fertility was to reduce at age 50 in women, what difference do you think that would make in the society and in your life

For instance

1. Would you have continued with a past relationship?
2. Would you have married when u did
3. Would you have had ur kids that early if u knew ur wife could still be very fertile with no danger to her health in her late thirties
4 Would you consider dating someone younger?

What do u guys think?

for me it would be a sigh of relief
would get married in my mid-twenties, have my kids in my thirties
definitely would date younger men wink

1 Like

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Busybody2(f): 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2009
I have never ruled out adoption as an option, so I guess it does not make one jot of a difference to me wink

1 Like

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by sistawoman: 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2009
Late 50's are you crazy.

I am 34 and cant wait for this ovulating thing to end. . . . heres one sista looking forward to menopause.

1 Like

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Sissy3(f): 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2009
sistawoman:

Late 50's are you crazy.

I am 34 and cant wait for this ovulating thing to end. . . . heres one sista l[b]ooking forward to menopause.[/b]

and hot flashes cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ topic

it would really make a difference cox then some women wouldn't be so desperate to marry any man when they reach 30yrs

1 Like

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by hotstuff06(f): 10:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
50 ke, no It wouldn't have made any difference to me, at 50 my youngest will be 24yrs old.
So ready to get to that stage of no kids and just my and my husband. 50 NO WAY OH. I would rather got though menopause and hot flashes that run after a 1yr old at that age.
Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 05, 2009
i'm sure u know what i mean

this biological clock thing is wielded like a big stick everywhere in NL

u hear pple saying they saying they cant date older women because they wont be able to birth kids or they make comments ' u don dey old beta go and marry'

so i just wondered if fertility was not an issue- what difference would it make to pple's mindsets
Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by spoilt(f): 1:15am On Feb 05, 2009
I hate the biological clock talk. angry
All you have to do is attend a relative's wedding and all the older aunties would stir the conversation towards your biological clock. Women are almost made to believe that at 23 their eggs are rotten. Women in their late thirties are popping kids out left right and center everyday . I dont know why the pressure on single girls. I believe you are the only one that can activate your inner biological clock no one can do it for you. After all the snide comments in your head you hear it ticking like a time bomb. grin
Face your life and live afterall when those kids finally come, your life as you knew it , is over.

1 Like

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 05, 2009
It wouldn't change anything for me.

1 Like

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Sapphic: 3:15am On Feb 05, 2009
None whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by theboy0808(m): 5:11am On Feb 05, 2009
Hmmm,
Comment reserved
Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2009
@spoilt

how u been??

i thot i was the only that got fed up wiv it
they don turn women in walking 'timepiece'

u shud read some comments in the health section- after asking for gynae advice the next thing u hear is 'time is not on my side o doctor'

sometimes it seems ur marriage takes second place to ur having a child

@theboy0808

reserving it for who?
Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Doncharlie: 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2009
its not a factor,but in the african context it is
So lets take it.love is not a function of age
procreation is*ladies*

1 Like

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Doncharlie: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2009
its not a factor,but in the african context it is
So lets take it.love is not a function of age
procreation is*ladies*
Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by NegroNtns(m): 6:17pm On Feb 06, 2009

u hear pple saying they saying they cant date older women because they wont be able to birth kids or they make comments ' u don dey old beta go and marry'

so i just wondered if fertility was not an issue- what difference would it make to pple's mindsets

There are certain aspects of social living that will never be stopped - prostitution, homosexuality, rape, polygamy, infidelity. . . or men desiring younger women. It's unfortunate but there it is. It has nothing to do with your child birth or fertility. Nonetheless, there is not a woman that is not desirable. If you are in your 20s, there are men in their 30s and 40s coming after you. If you are in your 30s there are men in their 40s and 50s coming after you. When you get to 40s men in 50s, 60s come for you. If you are 30yr old woman and you are hoping for a man in his 20s or 30s to propose marriage then be open minded to the possibilities of dissapointment. It can happen but the odds against you are stacked high.

2 Likes

Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Youngpo413: 1:26am On Jul 04, 2015
salsera:

ladies will have more years to fucck around,to them,different dicks is the spice of life.
Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by Youngpo413: 1:32am On Jul 04, 2015
30 year old is too old for marriage,its better for a lady to marry earlier,when is a lady is 26,she should be talking about husband not boyfriends.
Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by tpiander: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hm
Re: If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: by davidif: 11:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Youngpo413:
30 year old is too old for marriage,its better for a lady to marry earlier,when is a lady is 26,she should be talking about husband not boyfriends.

And who exactly made that arbitrary rule?

(1) (Reply)

You Hardly See Virgins Nowadays / Does Masturbate". Has Any Side Effect / Ladies Please Advise Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.