Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,490 members, 7,954,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:51 AM

Do Pastors Fall Sick? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Pastors Fall Sick? (13432 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Why Do Pastors Sell Their Sermons? / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by pilgrim1(f): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2007
@Infourmer,

Infourmer:

he clearly shows it and that is not me judging him because what he said plainly along with you was that,Christians should sometimes experience sickness,thats what you believe innit? because you said it all.

Nope, that's not what we believe. You would still need to calm down and try not forcing yourself to deliberately misread issues into people's posts. This is the second time I've clarified and clearly stated that what you're assuming is not what is my persuasions. Do go back and read the distinctions I made in mine; and it would help us a bit more if you don't try to force misreadings just because you're not happy the way you have been handling discussions here.

Warmest regards.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by ulohomuno: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2007
hello, all,

the problem with today christians is that they are not sincere. and to the best of my knowledge that is the reason why it seems as if following Jesus is difficult.

We are human with blood and if we fail to take care of our self we can be sick. Timonthy leave with an ailment ( paul wrote a letter to him and said take a little wine for your stomach sake). i don't know among us who is better than paul or timonthy. even paul has  thorn in his flesh.

Let be realistic and stop being deceived by pastors who are puffed up by there own knowledge rather than God's.

those who warship God must do so with the spirit and truth ( truth is a function of sincerity).
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by mekoyo(m): 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2007
The body has a normal feeling. There are times in which we have breakdowns, when the body needs some rest it happens to everyone.

You dont expect a pastor to come out and tell you he is sick and that he cant minister today then how do you expect the members to feel.  Pastors have faith and they believe in the healing power of Christ on the cross of calvary.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by spora(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2007
We are all living by the grace of God.

I have seen "unbeliever" ([s]That word again? Is there anything like unbeliever? Even he who believes there is no God, is a "believer" that there is no God?) [/s] who has never fallen sick and I have seen great men of God in a protracted illness.

We live by HIS grace.

Let me conclude by saying that on the earth here, whether you serve God or not, God extends His blessing to everybody, equally. The reward of a believer is in heaven.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by mekoyo(m): 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2007
The body has a normal feeling. There are times in which we have breakdowns, when the body needs some rest it happens to everyone.

You dont expect a pastor to come out and tell you he is sick and that he cant minister today then how do you expect the members to feel.  Pastors have faith and they believe in the healing power of Christ on the cross of calvary.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by mekaboy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
They are Human .

Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by deezzle(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2007
Dumbest question!!!!
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by ghettochyk(f): 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2007
deezzle:

Dumbest question!!!!

You aint neva lied.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Carlosein(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2007
hey, dem don come again o grin
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by ayasco(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2007
plz let change the question to 'does pastors die'?
The pastor way never sick for a long time na AA. let be realistic pastors are flesh and blood like everyother person they might just be stronger in spirit
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by shinystar(m): 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2007
I am close to a couple of top pastors in Nigeria as a christian journalist of over six years. Let us not deceive ourselves. The fact is they do get sick. Whoever claims he is a pastor and does not fall sick is a blantant liar. I challenge any to make such a claim. Hope this will put the contention to rest. It is needless in the first place if most men of God are truly sincere with us. Thanks
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Ndipe(m): 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2007
Why wont they fall sick when they are humans? Or are you trying to be sarcastic?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by chrisoml(m): 12:28am On Sep 22, 2007
Hey there is no one who doesn't fall ill once in a while even with cold/flu
u guys must remember one thing that we must know is that we are noting but a mere mortal human beings
people should stop deceiving themselves.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by osisi5: 1:42am On Sep 22, 2007
No they don't fall sick.
Arch Bishop Idahosa is my pool man
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by saintneo(m): 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2007
Wht is d diff b/w I & a pastor.
I am nt a Pastor bt I dnt fall sick
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by princessV1: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2007
sorry oga,there is no true pastor they are all memebers of babylon.say true christian.we grow old, get sick,and die because
-inherited sin
-unforeseen occurences
-our personal decision[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by sammyzacks(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2007
i think the question shd have been " do born-again christians fall sick?"

the answer is simple: born -again christian should not fall sick but should in case they do, God has provided healing for them through faith in the name of Jesus. a pastor is just a born agian child of God occupying an office in the vineyard.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by opokonwa(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2007
Do Pastors fall sick?!

No be human beings dem be?!!

Abi your own pastor na spirit?!!!

Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by toksdam(m): 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2007
pls guys, every normal physiological human being get tired after a hard days job,if u xpose ur self to germs u could have an infection,pastor or person,wat i know of is that pastors prefer to pray for thier healing or pray to stay healthy,i.e divine healing and divine haelth respectively,to take ill does not proof anything,i know a lot of heavily anoited pastor who fall ill but b4 u know it they are up because they pray their healing down easily,medicaly speaking we dont have those set of humans who will never feel a pain or two from the pressure of the day,most people who stay healthy just know their warnig signs,they eat well and rest well,that it ,common sense and proper hygine can keep u healthy
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by nigeria1: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2007
Any Pastor that tell you he does not fall sick is a fake man of God. God have design the human body in sure a way that men fall sick for better perform.
Alot of Nigeria Pastor lie, and some of this so call men of God are 419 . Yes God can heal. but even in the bible men of God fall sick.

The reason some of this  Nigeria Pastor lie about healing , is because they want you to come to their church, so that they can take your money. Sometime, they arrange this miracle.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2007
nigeria1:

Sometime, they arrange this miracle.
i don't like the sound of that, although its true
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Enigma(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2007
For those spouting the line that "pastors" or so-called "matured-christians" do not fall sick:

1. Do you know any 'pastor' or 'mature-christian' that wears recommended glasses? If so, why is that pastor/matured-christian's faith not sufficient for them not to need glasses?

2. Do you know any of them that takes vitamin tablets and such like? If so, why is that necessary.

3. Why are some so-called pastors etc hawking vitamins and other medication on so-called "christian TV"?

4. Does any pastor/matured-christian die of illness? Or do they all only die of old age?

5. What do you make of Galatians 4:13 (as below taken from NLT deliberately for clarity)?

Apostle Paul said:
Surely you remember that I was sick when I first brought you the Good News of Christ.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Bamiprof(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2007
Pastor's do have small sicknesses but you'll never see a good a pastor.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by kempo(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2007
Real Pastors don't fall sick. Only fake pastors do

Dont be deceived by these fake pastors. No body born of a woman will say he dont fall sick.
Any body that tells you that he can not fall sick is a lair and you should not go ahead listeneing to whatever he preaches because he is a lair.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by zukkie4eva(f): 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2007
Sickness, like every other thing in life is a matter of choice.

You can choose to allow sickness, OR choose to live in divine health. Since the day i caught a hold of this truth, i've never been ill again. This is like 3 years running.

God has made provision for divine health to all who believe in him, so you can choose to keep accomodating sickness in your body or say no to it.

Really, it should't be a subject for arguement, believe whatever you will, it doesn't really matter, however, what you believe would work for you.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by pilgrim1(f): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2007
kempo:

Real Pastors don't fall sick. Only fake pastors do

Please consider this:

Enigma:

Apostle Paul said:
Surely you remember that I was sick when I first brought you the Good News of Christ.

Can you please let us know if Paul also was a "fake pastor/apostle"?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by pilgrim1(f): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2007
zukkie4eva:

Sickness, like every other thing in life is a matter of choice.

Okay, we hear. So, did Paul and his fellowlabourers "choose" to be sick? And why would they have done that?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2007
sure they do! my pastor fell terribly ill some time ago, its just that they hide it
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Sweetaura1(f): 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2007
Why not? They're human beings like you & I. As long as they live in this same ecosystem. You might as well ask if they go to the loo, lie or steal. Apologies to the righteous amongst them.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by lawuyi(m): 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2007
hmmmm KDK, do not cast ur pearls before swine. U cannot make everyone understand. U know the truth and trying to convince people won't work cos this issue goes beyond the natural.
The truth is that REAL Pastors like all real SONS of God are not mere men but are gods, sons of the one true God.
We are not subject to a lot of things and sickness and disease is one of them. By the stripes of Jesus we are healed. Sometimes we forget this and do not take our rightful place in the world.

As Jesus bore away our sins he also bore away disease and suffering for those that will accept him as Lord ans Saviour. When u feel sickness or disease coming upon you do you reach for God or reach for the hospital??

It's not this simple but it's a faith issue. About Paul, it was said that he had a thorn which God allowed to be with him to teach him how the grace of God was sufficient in his life and with the grace he could do much more than he ever could imagine.

Point is Pastors getting ill is a spiritual matter. If u believe they do fine and if you believe they don't fine too what's most important is when you read the Bible and it tells you that sickness has no authority over you do you think that's a lie?? Remember that the Word of God cannot be broken.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by ghettochyk(f): 4:02am On Sep 25, 2007
Damn. Some folks are ridiculous. So if a pastor get hit by a car and gets sick he's "fake"? wtf is "fake"? Is he then fake because he got hit by da car or is he fake because he got sick from getting hit by da car? damn, stop wit da retarded ass questions for real.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by avsnet: 8:52am On Sep 25, 2007
my little contribution is, everybody including the pastors can fall sick, and everybody including the common man may not fall sick. it is all a function of your vibration which we like to call spiritual development.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. / Is It Proper For A Christian To Be Using Internet Cheat? / Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.