Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Do Pastors Fall Sick? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Pastors Fall Sick? (13197 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Why Do Pastors Sell Their Sermons? / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by damygurl(f): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2006
as someone already said this question is really dumb. of cuz they fall sick and they also die.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Babybee(f): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2006
well, pastors are not spirits, they are human beings like you and i, so i see no reason y they should not fall sick. They do ! ! !
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by waleleader(m): 12:46am On Sep 12, 2006
@KDK, are u a pastor at apostolic faith?
cos they are the only people that believe that christians should not fall sick.
Pastors fall sick WELL, i mean very WELL.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by dennylove(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2006
KDK, shocked shocked :opls change this ur MENTALITY,remember that GOD is the creator of evil and good,and,DOES THAT,WHICH PLEASES HIM,
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 8:38am On Sep 12, 2006
walelead:

@KDK, are u a pastor at apostolic faith?
because they are the only people that believe that christians should not fall sick.
Pastors fall sick WELL, i mean very WELL.

Does it matter what denomination I belong to?The basic truth remains that a REAL child of God is not suppose to fall sick and that is an exclusive right to true children of the Ancient of Days.

Babybee:

well, pastors are not spirits, they are human beings like you and i, so i see no reason y they should not fall sick. They do ! ! !

We are not human beings like you and "them" or else why do you think no harm can come to us (John 10:19) ?[color=#006600] MARK16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
/color] We have transcended into the realms of the supernatural and as such we are a peculiar people. Deut 14:2, Titus 2:14  (Do you even notice the uniqueness of this 2 verses?). Neways, if you don't know, now you know. grin
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2006
@ Dennylove,
I understand what you are saying but God's sovereignty is not the issue at the moment. It takes another level of understanding to fuse these basic truths: 1 you can not be sick 2. God can allow you to be sick according to how HE wills.
We are simply discussing the 1st truth at the moment.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by waleleader(m): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2006
the word of God is true and we do not deny or disagree with it, but the bible never categorically said that you shall not fall sick.
Exodus 15:26 which says, "If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee."
Note, none of the egyptian diseases, not no diseaeses at all.

Also consider the words of Jeremiah, Jer. 8:22. "Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of my people been restored?"
it means that you could get sick but the balm of Gilead (Jesus Christ) can make you whole again
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by stillkay(m): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2006
damygurl:

as someone already said this question is really dumb. of because they fall sick and they also die.

For someone like KDK to have contrary view doesn't make the question dumb cool

Express yourself.

This is a question i have always thought of.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by yombaloggz(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2006
Whether or not Pastors fall sick, all I know is that the world would have been a much better place without all these religions.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by waleleader(m): 9:06am On Sep 12, 2006
yombaloggz:

Whether or not Pastors fall sick, all I know is that the world would have been a much better place without all these religions.

Brov, are you an atheist or what, the world will not exist without God talk less of being a better place
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by yombaloggz(m): 9:53am On Sep 12, 2006
You see. That points at something. The phenomenon called God, god, goddesses and so forth is actually beyond the scope of what religions portray. Im actually a serious critic of religions.
Im sorry this makes some people uncomfortable, but I think Im entitled to my opininions.

But let me ak you a question. Who is an atheist?

I hope this gets interesting.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 10:02am On Sep 12, 2006
stillkay:

For someone like KDK to have contrary view doesn't make the question dumb cool

Express yourself.

This is a question i have always thought of.

STILLKAY, no mind dem. I see nothing redundant in this question;infact, I see it as a very fundamental question for those of us that are christians 'cos it classses the type of faith we have in God.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 10:28am On Sep 12, 2006
@ WALELEADS,
I can see you are going theological but for the benefit of the public readers I wouldn't want you to dig into what "diseases of the Egyptians" that you rightly quoted stands for; reason for this is that some of them may not be spiritually mature enough to distinguish between meats so let us stick to the milk we are trying to distinguish just in accordance with 1 cor 3:2
But I will be grateful if we could discuss privately so that we can rub minds on "meatly" matters rather than basic principles of christianity in accordance with HEB 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

However,I want you to analyse your quotes yourself.
1. Were the children of Isreal in the land of Egypt when God gave this decree in exodus? And what was the condition for this immunity from illness?What do you understand by the diseases of the Egyptians?
2. Was Moses or Joshua recorded to be ill when they took up leadership?
3. How many of the leaders in the bible fell ill and why did they fall ill? How many leaders are recorded in the bible?
4. About Jer 8:22, Who are those Jeremiah was referring to? Can you name a prophet that needed healing and if so, why was he ill in the 1st place?
I have more questions to aid you in your analysis but they are not for public view as they are "meatly" issues like I stated above. One really has to be careful when trying to understand scriptures with one's own wisdom, rather allow the Holyspirit to lead one.
I strongly advise that one begin using bible commentaries such as STRONG'S BIBLE COMMENTARIES. But most importantly, always ask God to give one deep [i][/i]understanding.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2006
@ yombaloggz ,
Believe it or not; as a Pastor,I am also a very serious critic of religion.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by yombaloggz(m): 10:42am On Sep 12, 2006
@KDK

I f I may ask. Who is a pastor? A superhuman or what?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Ynot(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2006
I think someone here seriously need to get laid. That will clear the clogged brain and make you see reality.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2006
yombaloggz:

@KDK

I f I may ask. Who is a pastor? A superhuman or what?
Something in that vicinity but not really. A superhuman seems logical but a pastor being not a normal human is beyond logic (That is the difference). grin

Ynot:

I think someone here seriously need to get laid. That will clear the clogged brain and make you see reality.

@ Ynot, shocked getting laid before / outside marriage is a direct disobedience to the word of GOD.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by yombaloggz(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2006
@Ynot

It's a pitty that people have been so much blinfolded by religious dogmas that they often see others as ignoramuses.
Anyway, It's understandable.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by deb(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2006
Honestly Pastors dont fall sick.

Remember they are not human being.

They are angels who cannot even commit sin.

Dumb question grin
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2006
grin @ deb,
I like your sense of humour, infact you cracked me up but to be sincere, the question is not dumb and contrary to what you think or believe, angels are below us which is why angels are subject to me.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by candylips(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2006
pastors are messengers of God so theoritically they are God so theoritically they cant fall sick
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2006
candylips:

pastors are messengers of God so theoritically they are God so theoritically they can't fall sick

Theorethically we are not GOD but gods and practically we are gods too. Please, don't mix it up grin
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Babybee(f): 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2006
KDK, i still don't get ur argument. R u saying pastors don't fall sick? yes / no
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2006
@ babybee
Hey!!!! My baby. It is me daddy. Why is your messenger not on? You dey hide from daddy abi?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Coco29(f): 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2006
KDK:

@ babybee
Hey!!!! My baby. It is me daddy. Why is your messenger not on? You dey hide from daddy abi?
u are a pasterhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Babybee(f): 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2006
whao, good to knw u r there.Ur baby is good o,just came bak from skool.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Babybee(f): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2006
so u wanna tell me abt this pastor thing?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2006
Coco29:

u are a pasterhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

@ COCO29,
Why do you ask, is it a crime to have a daughter? I love my daughter and my daughter loves me. grin

p.s, U didn't read my mail properly yesterday or where you just trying to play me?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Babybee(f): 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2006
Tell em dad
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Coco29(f): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2006
please do not use THE MOST HIGH as a game if you can not respect it do not go to the religous section that is why i stay away you should consider it.

i give you my email for one reason, not so that we can chit chat about my life i told you i bite and bite hard too.
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by Babybee(f): 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2006
@coco, who is dat for?
Re: Do Pastors Fall Sick? by KDK(m): 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2006
Coco29:

please do not use THE MOST HIGH as a game if you can not respect it do not go to the religous section that is why i stay away you should consider it.

i give you my email for one reason, not so that we can chit chat about my life i told you i bite and bite hard too.

We were not meant to chit chat but to make me see things from a circumspective view. How will I understand your new opinion about the bible if I don't know the cause? There must be a reason and it is the reason I want to know. You can bite me if you wish, as long as it is for the gospel, I will bear it. Who am I? All that I am is what God gave me so what will it cost me to receive a bite from you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Funny Beliefs We Had As Children / Sermon By Benson Idahosa Part1 / Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.