Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals (25408 Views)

Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List / Is Bitcoin Mining More Profitable Than MMM 50% / List Of Active Stock Brokerage Firms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by seeker121(m): 7:29am On May 05, 2015
Sign of hatred and pain,even for romance section you dey write this thrash,thunder wey go fire you still dey gym by the time the thing gather muscle u go hear am mtschew.

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Emdee590(m): 7:31am On May 05, 2015
Senator1974:
If it were to be our patriots that is doing it in their country, they will kill them by firing-squad.
But their's are here miliking us.

And my greatest annoyance is that they will even be the director in the mining field, while our brothers will be the jobman "monkey dey work baboon they chop" at the end of the day, the yellow men will travel back to their various countries with the lion-share.

Infact they should be jailed for illegal mining!
In addition , na like so most of these foreign construction company dae do too...They wicked gaaan
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 7:33am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Blame it on Buhari
I love transformation
I hate "change"
. Why are you fast forwarding your life please I want you to be a life to witness the best government coming inn
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Emdee590(m): 7:34am On May 05, 2015
BlackTechnology:

What is Baba One Chance view on Resource Control. cool
Wat a silly question just like urself . Na for im govt. Dae start d milking ?
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by kelvyn7: 7:39am On May 05, 2015
what do u expect from a country that is lawless
mtchwwwwww
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Emdee590(m): 7:41am On May 05, 2015
Freelancer00:
Who is Nigeria's president. All u do is blame Everything on Buhaari
May be na him ass him dae use dae reason naa .
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 7:57am On May 05, 2015
Rawani:
This is quite true ibnsultan, I have heard reliable accounts of Chinese trucks and choppers flying out of the hills of Anka in Zamfara state as a result of a large tantalite and gold mining operation in the area, protected by Soldiers who should be fighting insurgents in Sambisa, not surprising considering the manner of their commander-in-chief. This was the same area that suffered severe lead poisoning a few years ago, possibly as a result of their unregulated operations.

It's no wonder solid mineral exploitation and development sits at the top rungs of General Buhari's agenda. The era of impunity is over.

This is crazy.. The ediots are even posing with the very people who rob them and their country....chai stupidity in some of our solders and military na bad thing.. the military needs total holistic overhaul..and stupid brigands and corrupt ignoramus should be taken care of...they should be an intensive educational training, mental tutoring, civilized and educative breeding of all members of the nigerian military wether new or old..to give most of them a sense of belonging and knowledge of what is right and what should not be done in a society. so they can realize when them and their country are being insulted and ridiculed indirectly b4 their very eyes and how they are being stewpidly cajoled to be a part of it while they are busy smiling at the camera....

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by condralbede(m): 8:18am On May 05, 2015
[quote author=IbnSultaan post=33414018[/quote]Talk no do,did u just read ur signature before u quote that dude, anyways I forgot that ppl from ur region hardly keep a promise.....that's u ppl code of conduct not what u wrote on ur signature!!!
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by trapQ: 8:20am On May 05, 2015
I weep for my country.... This is so disheartening. GEJ and all the other past head of states have failed us immensely. Looting at its height... Stealing from us, and reselling our stolen goods to us. When will this stop? When will these criminals be brought to justice. Dear able youths of NIGERIA, now is the time for us to unanimously evacuate corruption from this country. Without all of this looting and stealing, our lives will be better, there will be more disposable income for us and obviously we would enjoy a better standard of living. That's why I like my Niger Delta youths, they take laws into their hands when situations like this arise
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by kaelz(m): 8:23am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Blame it on Buhari
I love transformation
I hate "change"
Oga u no get sense? Na stupid comments u juz dey make here... U should please grow up at least once..
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Ayus34(m): 8:27am On May 05, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
And you think there isn't someone who gives them the go ahead?

Why not arrest them?
dont mind them,the truth is that Nigeria govt and senior politicians know more about this,they are part and parcel of the illegal mining......with my little experience In solid minerals in a state like bauchi,Jos,kano etc,we 've a lot of Chinese in all these states backed by one top govt officials in partnership with their local people and emir,to mine.....and u can also asked who cleared them for export and where is the route they export if not still same govt officials.
YEYE DEY SMELL
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Intendy: 8:28am On May 05, 2015
nothing that will not happen in Nigeria.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Azo(m): 8:37am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Blame it on Buhari
I love transformation
I hate "change"
u must be a bastardt alongside all ur likers. Its just clear how undirectionally stupeed u are for claiming u dont know jonathans non challance cluelesness is responsible. And if truly ur beleive is dat buhari that has no say in Nig governance and economy at least not until may 29, then u are not worth being a human since all humans must hav brains. Hope u get me?
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Lionhearted: 8:41am On May 05, 2015
So true...I have work with some of them as a Geoscientist.

And the govt will do nothing because they are expatriates.

I and some buddy tried floating a Mining coy few years ago. The bureacracy bottleneck na die. All because we are Nigerians and no connections.

Attempts to extracts without 'due process', what that is is blurry, results in something else. But for foreigners the rules are different.

How wouldn't there be unemployment?
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Banter1(m): 8:46am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Blame it on Buhari I love transformation I hate "change"
shame
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Banter1(m): 8:47am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
shame
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Banter1(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

1 Share

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by eaglechild: 8:53am On May 05, 2015
Illegal mining is fuelled by the local community leaders who get rich off these activities.

They will rather have control of the resource with the help of the fraudulent foreign companies than allow the federal government access.

It has always been that way in the north.

A lot of rare earth metals and minerals are mined covertly with the Emirs in control.

Yet everyone wants to get a taste of the oil from the Niger delta.

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by yommyuk: 9:06am On May 05, 2015
When you read headlines like this, it makes one want to disown Naija completely. angry
It is a disgrace!
Shame to all those involved
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by omoeso(m): 9:15am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Blame it on Buhari
I love transformation
I hate "change"

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Fellonigerians: 9:36am On May 05, 2015
IbnSultaan:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/chinese-indian-firms-illegally-mining-nigeria-s-solid-minerals/133873/

This has been going on for years... Obviously, someone is not doing their job, but we are still paying their salaries...

Btw, how many MDAs are given targets, and then assessed based on their accomplishment at the end of every quarter or year??
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Litmus: 9:46am On May 05, 2015
Same with oil down south. These things are not new. We fight ourselves they steal our resources. They use some of the wealth from the resources stolen from us to ferment more problems by arming factions and creating warlords. The appearance of warlords in any African nation is almost always a sign of foreigners stealing your resources somewhere somehow. These warlords endure because they play on ethnic sentiments. If you ever track down the sponsors of these warlords in Mumbai,Riyadh, London,Honk kong or wherever and provided irrefutable evidence as to their association, they would cry blood, probably even can convince themselves, that they are helping the oppressed ethnic group of the Warlord against the corrupt leaders of the relevant African government. This is the open history of so many African wars, which is why it surprises me that in a sophisticated Nation like Nigeria, Warlords are again cropping up.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 9:49am On May 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

You must be stupid for saying this to nigerians. When you should have swung into action with the necessary security outfit and get them apprehend.

Must all our leaders complain? Why kind of govt are we running anyway? Yet u sit in ur exalted office and get paid for being silly without and sense of initiative or ownership

Immigration officers collect bribe and allow them roam free in this country. Go to huawei and see if all the chinese there have papers

You should not be in this position in the first place
should I ans u
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by mbulela: 9:54am On May 05, 2015
slap1:
Just like MTN and DSTV. There are many illegalities perpetrated by foreign firms with the shameless connivance of some unpatriotic Nigerians.
We need to stop spouting all these beer parlor crap.
I wish to pay less for Dstv and for my mtn calls but you need to be specific when you accuse them of illegalities.
There is nothing both do that is outside the gambit of the law. You are free to use startimes and airtel

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by GodMode: 9:57am On May 05, 2015
Lionhearted:
So true...I have work with some of them as a Geoscientist.

And the govt will do nothing because they are expatriates.

I and some buddy tried floating a Mining coy few years ago. The bureacracy bottleneck na die. All because we are Nigerians and no connections.

Attempts to extracts without 'due process', what that is is blurry, results in something else. But for foreigners the rules are different.

How wouldn't there be unemployment?

Don't you need a license before u begin extraction

Pls start explaining...
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by donodion(m): 9:57am On May 05, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Dear Nigerians, as we FOCUS our attention on Oil,
the Chinese Miners are looting US dry through
illegal mining all over Nigeria.
Much thanks to the "stealing is not corruption" government crew.
They gave these opportunists the free hand and will to do as they please at the detriment of our nations success and well being,simply because of their corrupt nature and schemes.

Nigeria have various materials qnd mineral resources to keep the nation and the citizens living a progressive lives but they don't Care nor have mental willpower to make the right decision,which eventually would benefit the citizens.

Mining alone in Nigeria could yield what Oil proceeds is equally providing if proper investment Is channelled towards it.

I hate the lootacrats in Nigerian government from councillors to presidency.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Lionhearted: 10:01am On May 05, 2015
GodMode:

Don't you need a license before u begin extraction

Pls start explaining...

Definitely you need a license, which you can infer from my earlier post, but getting it is a different ball game.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by LastProphet: 10:02am On May 05, 2015
Demburrows:
This is part of the conspiracy, why the whites would never want Africa to develop. Blacks we are too dumb to know this.
Go to the north and see illegal mining everywhere under the watchdog of some polithievcians they have giving crumbs and the people are too naïve, uneducated to question these illegalities unlike Niger deltans that do sometimes protest against the activities of this foreign companies.

My brother the whites do not have our time for more than 2 seconds, pls dont waste your time thinking on that line because even those that sponsored that thinking have made a u-turn. WE ARE OUR PROBLEM, PERIOD!
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by donodion(m): 10:03am On May 05, 2015
persius555:
There are lots of west african countries citizens involved in this business.They are mostly senegalese, guineans, beneniose, malians,lebanese etcThey are in the business as third party middlemen dealers.OBJ had all the framework in place to have a vibrant mining sector in place, but for whatevr reason he lost focus afte oby ezekwesili was removed. I cry for this darling country, our leaders are the ones killing us. The rot in this mining sector has been there since colonial days. Maybe buhari should consider bringing mrs oby ezekwesili back to that sector, she did an excellent job in the few years she served as minister of solid minerals.
Precisely.put the right people who are patriots in the relevant field of their expertise and watch them deliver.

I pray Buhari makes good selection of people to work with and not political position nonsense like the disgraced incumbent. Else same fate awaits him.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by GodMode: 10:05am On May 05, 2015
Lionhearted:

Definitely you need a license, which you can infer from my earlier post, but getting it is a different ball game.

What are the procedures
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Lionhearted: 10:11am On May 05, 2015
GodMode:

What are the procedures
This is not the right place to enumerate on that.
Btw, I think there is a thread or two on Nairaland where you can get such info.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 10:31am On May 05, 2015
Hmm. Words on my mind but can't get them out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things You Really Need To Know About Ponzi Schemes / We Put Our School Fees, Project Money In Mmm,varsity Students Lament(photo) / Invest In Paint Production And Marketing To Make Income.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.