Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals (25382 Views)

Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List / Is Bitcoin Mining More Profitable Than MMM 50% / List Of Active Stock Brokerage Firms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 10:50am On May 05, 2015
Rawani:
This is quite true ibnsultan, I have heard reliable accounts of Chinese trucks and choppers flying out of the hills of Anka in Zamfara state as a result of a large tantalite and gold mining operation in the area, protected by Soldiers who should be fighting insurgents in Sambisa, not surprising considering the manner of their commander-in-chief. This was the same area that suffered severe lead poisoning a few years ago, possibly as a result of their unregulated operations.

It's no wonder solid mineral exploitation and development sits at the top rungs of General Buhari's agenda. The era of impunity is over.

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 10:53am On May 05, 2015
Rawani:
This is quite true ibnsultan, I have heard reliable accounts of Chinese trucks and choppers flying out of the hills of Anka in Zamfara state as a result of a large tantalite and gold mining operation in the area, protected by Soldiers who should be fighting insurgents in Sambisa, not surprising considering the manner of their commander-in-chief. This was the same area that suffered severe lead poisoning a few years ago, possibly as a result of their unregulated operations.

It's no wonder solid mineral exploitation and development sits at the top rungs of General Buhari's agenda. The era of impunity is over.

impunity. some thing must be done

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by dsquare33: 11:09am On May 05, 2015
These are the things I expect the likes of Senator David Mark who was the senate president senators, house of rep members to delibrate upon but they are just too greedy and self conceited all they think of is how they will milk the country dry. Ever since the National Assembly was establish I have never seen any tangible bill that was pass to favour the average Nigerian. Indeed there is a country
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by seuntoyo: 11:36am On May 05, 2015
Wow... Just can't believe this. Over four years of being a graduate of geology with no job and some foreign oaf are milking my country dry of it's natural resources/treasury where people like me ought to earn a living. It's really a shame on us all. The problem of this country are the people called Nigerians. When will the Nigerian youths ever make their voice to be heard even if it will result to killing some of those greedy leaders and foreigners alike. We hide under the pretence of being conform with the ugly situation in our country. Our leaders and foreigners have been milking the wealth of this country since pre-cambrian era. This can only be stopped when the youth make their voice to be heard and request a halt on all the unwholesome rule. Scold me or criticise me, but I will make my submission know here that I quite support the xenophobia act in south-Africa recently. The youths did make their voice heard after much neglect by their government. That's the spirit Nigerian youths need to adopt. Over 130 Nigerians awaiting death sentence in china, indonesia and other country while the same citizens of those country killing Nigerians looking for means of livelihood are stealing our wealth here like sey nah dia papa get am. I await a day the Nigerian youths will wake from their slumber just as it was exemplified at during Nigerian Immigration service test venue at National stadium sometimes last year, those present and involve in the struggle that day will understand what I mean......... Whether dem like or not, Nigeria go better.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Babacele: 12:05pm On May 05, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
And you think there isn't someone who gives them the go ahead?

Why not arrest them?
dear I'm on mine fields now n I can tell you that our politician n security agents are licking Chinese n Indian as*s** while the communities are just damn too poor. we want change.

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by kraftykc(m): 12:58pm On May 05, 2015
Senator1974:
If it were to be our patriots that is doing it in their country, they will kill them by firing-squad.
But their's are here miliking us.

And my greatest annoyance is that they will even be the director in the mining field, while our brothers will be the jobman "monkey dey work baboon they chop" at the end of the day, the yellow men will travel back to their various countries with the lion-share.

Infact they should be jailed for illegal mining!

Jailed? How? Why?

Kill those people. I call them people because I realize they are humans with wives, husbands, kids and other loved ones.

Still, kill them.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by zeongeon: 1:20pm On May 05, 2015
And all we the youths do is sit down and be tribalistic and hate while strangers loot the country and treat us like shit in our father land...if we so love our tribe that much that we bash other tribes then does it make sense that foreigners come here and treat our "tribes men" like dogs and we turn blind eyes

No one can help nigeria except the youths our fathers have failed and are still failing.

Nigerians selling themselves out and u wonder why these foreign firms maltreat nigerians..yes because they have come to note that d leaders don't care and with money our leaders will sell the pple.

We are still in the slave trade era but this time they aren't shipping us out they slaving us in our own country and shipping raw materials out.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by ernie1234(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Blame it on Buhari
I love transformation
I hate "change"

You seriously have a problem
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by nelandrewz(m): 1:51pm On May 05, 2015
BlackTechnology:

What is Baba One Chance view on Resource Control. cool

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by fashiajones(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2015
naija is indeed blessed with solid resources according to what I was thought in ssce and till now, I still wonder y d solid minerals are neglected... the Neiti did research and discover all these irregularities and yet no arrest is made, no picture or video prove or evidence, no plan is been implemented to curb this menace, and you didn't talk about the plans u have for the resources... to my own understanding this report is a commit fallacy till u come out with proves...meanwhile, the govt must do something and stop monopolizing the economy on oil.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by amanikondo: 4:01pm On May 05, 2015
IbnSultaan:
the present govt allowed the stealing by failing to arrest the situation
[size=13pt]When Jonathan collected $3 Billion from China, what do you expect?[/size]
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by iamord(m): 4:49pm On May 05, 2015
dayodare49o:

We were told few years ago that Ghana was stealing gold that Worth 5 trillion naira in Osun state and this same Ghana does not have any thing in return for what they are stealing from us except they were asking Nigerians doing business there to deposit
$100 thousand before they can do business in Ghana.

China has been a blessing to Nigeria since some decade, China has added much values to us than anyone else, if China steals Jonathan, I will not mind.

I am satisfied with China like this than those who are stealing our crude oil and still using out children to test drugs. If China can reduce importation of fake products and reduce price of their goods, if they kidnap Buhari plus Jonathan, I will not mind.

India does not add much value to us has China added but why should we stop them? if you have resources abandoned and someone else needs it, I will not stop him from using it.
smh... Where do I start from with u

2 Likes

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by dayodare49o: 5:01pm On May 05, 2015
iamord:
smh... Where do I start from with u
No matter where you start from ready-made answers are waiting for you inside cooler. Choose but wisely or else I will attack you from your weakest point.

I am waiting please.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by iamord(m): 5:20pm On May 05, 2015
dayodare49o:
No matter where you start from ready-made answers are waiting for you inside cooler. Choose but wisely or else I will attack you from your weakest point.

I am waiting please.
I am not fighting with anyone. So I wonder where the weak point came about . U Made some a statement about Ghana stealing gold from osun state, if I am not mistaken. It would be nice if you can elaborate more on that with facts
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by jcccccc: 7:20pm On May 05, 2015
[size=8pt][size=8pt]IF IT IS IN THEIR COUNTRY NOW, THEY WILL EXECUTE THE PEOPLE PUBLICLY, CRUEL ANIMALS.
NIGERIANS WILL BE BUSY HATING THEMSELVES WHILE FOREIGNERS EXPLOIT THIS NATION.
I WISH ANAMBRA WAS NOT BLACKS SO THAT OUR COLOR WOULD DIFFERENTIATE US FROM
[/size][/size][color=#990000]
[/color]
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by dayodare49o: 8:36pm On May 05, 2015
iamord:
I am not fighting with anyone. So I wonder where the weak point came about . U Made some a statement about Ghana stealing gold from osun state, if I am not mistaken. It would be nice if you can elaborate more on that with facts
Send the sentence to Google it would find it out for you. I don't say what is not real. Google will surely give you more detail if you want more info.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Jlow2: 11:30am On May 23, 2015
indians and chinese re milking ebonyi state dry, with there illegal minning activities...
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by mickey45: 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jlow2:
indians and chinese re milking ebonyi state dry, with there illegal minning activities...

You mean even Ebonyi too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme: Nigerian Sues EFCC, Others For Defamation, Harassment / Things You Really Need To Know About Ponzi Schemes / We Put Our School Fees, Project Money In Mmm,varsity Students Lament(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.