Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,987 members, 7,852,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:18 PM

Whats The Big Deal About Valentines - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats The Big Deal About Valentines (768 Views)

A Funny Conversation Between Two Lovers About Valentines Day / Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day / What's The Big Deal About Kissing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Big Deal About Valentines by drlizzy(f): 10:30am On Feb 05, 2009
Are you ready for love?

People enter relationships for different reasons but until you are happy as single, on your own, you will not be happy in a relationship either. Those who tasted it, say that loneliness in two is much worse than being alone by yourself!

"Learning to love takes a lifetime, and it’s not for the spiritually asthmatic. I often wondered why I wasn’t ready earlier for my true love. The truth was, I needed to make God my truer love first. I thought he was, but it took years of training to help me wake up to a few crucial realities about being satisfied in Christ. He stretched my endurance because he knew I could have the marriage I longed for only when I found my wholeness in a relationship with him." Erin Keeley Marshall
This is a truth that is often times ignored, indeed, marrying or being in a relationship just because you feel miserable alone, is not a good enough reason. Think about it, if you are not happy alone, do you think that another human being can bring in your life the happiness you dream of?

What if a desperate guy/girl would want to depend on you for his/her happiness, wouldn’t that be too much of a load for you? Even if you might not realize the pressure you’d have to live with, after a while it is suffocating and you just want a break!

That’s why, before entering a serious relationship, you need to learn to be happy on your own. If you are happy on your own, you maximize your chances of being happy in a relationship.

It is a lie to think that you cannot be content unless you are in a relationship. To be in love with the "in-love concept" is very different from being in love with a certain individual. Try to see if your motivation to be in that relationship is not only a circumstantial one like "all my friends have someone" or "I hate being alone" or any other reason except really admiring that person you want to be with.

Betty Banks
http://love-tipsnsecrets..com/

Re: Whats The Big Deal About Valentines by smooooooth: 10:36am On Feb 05, 2009
stop psyching your self up,this is just a resultant of frequent heartbreaks, there is so much in a relationship, and nofin in being lonely, everyone needs somebody, thats why God made everything in twos. so berra pair up, expecially this valentine. if u dnt have a date, call me, i got one for ya!
Re: Whats The Big Deal About Valentines by tamai(f): 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2009
smooooooth:

stop psyching your self up,this is just a resultant of frequent heartbreaks, there is so much in a relationship, and nofin in being lonely, everyone needs somebody, thats why God made everything in twos. so berra pair up, expecially this valentine. if u dnt have a date, call me, i got one for ya!

This is to show how low your level of reasoning is.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Need A Girlfriend When I Can Easily Masturbate? / Can They Ever Come Back Together As One Again? / I Need A Chatmate Between The Age Of 18 And 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.