Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here (53456 Views)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / I'm Confused On What Kind Of Phone To Get. Need A Lil Help Here. / My Itel 1503 Is Malfunctioning. Engineers Please Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 10:54am On May 10, 2015
youngwiz:
Bros, this aint my first time of rooting n unrooting. I unrooted it before upgrading the software update just that it refused to come up. Anyway, i was able to unbrick successfully it by simply restoring another backup i got elsewhere. Thanks for ur input.

Aii

But my advice before you do an upgrade cck for the comments and ratings of the users.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 11:00am On May 10, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:
Pls I downloaded beat by dre apk on my Phantom z mini, since then my phone has started displaying "unfortunately dirac has stopped" every time. I can't do anything on the phone now. I have tried doing factory reset, but no success. Please help

The launcher is corrupted.

The launcher software is responsible for navigation to calls, messages games and other apps.

You use a Phantom so it's easier for me to explain.

Make sure you are online.
Press the home button for 5 seconds you will see the Google search icon.
Click on it.. And go to play store.

Download and install dodol launcher.
If the system prompts you to choose your default launcher choose dodol and select 'always'

That will fix the problem.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Godwin978(m): 11:26am On May 10, 2015
Bennyzino:
OK am a bit of a developer and a programmer.

So if your Android phone or tablet is behaving funny we can trash it out here.
happy sunday sir.please am using tecno b3 the problem am having is.my phone always hang most especially when I insert memory card. but when I remove the mc it will still hang.but not much.pls help
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2015
Bennyzino:

The launcher is corrupted.
The launcher software is responsible for navigation to calls, messages games and other apps.
You use a Phantom so it's easier for me to explain.
Make sure you are online.
Press the home button for 5 seconds you will see the Google search icon.
Click on it.. And go to play store.
Download and install dodol launcher.
If the system prompts you to choose your default launcher choose dodol and select 'always'
That will fix the problem.
thanks . but i have flash the phone before i saw you comment. after successfuly flash using spflash tool,my phantom z mini stuck at bootloop. what can i do
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 10, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:
thanks . but i have flash the phone before i saw you comment. after successfuly flash using spflash tool,my phantom z mini stuck at bootloop. what can i do

Do Factory reset.
I always recommend this because this process doesn't brick the phone.
Follow my procedure I aforementioned
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 10, 2015
Godwin978:
happy sunday sir.please am using tecno b3 the problem am having is.my phone always hang most especially when I insert memory card. but when I remove the mc it will still hang.but not much.pls help

The RAM of your phone is low.
Don't use a memory card with high storage use a memory card that is less than 1gig.

And download UC speed to always clear files that slows down the RAM.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by ifypoly(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2015
Pls y is it dat anytym i move my app to my memory card d file will get korrpt?

Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2015
Bennyzino:

Do Factory reset.
Bennyzino:

Do Factory reset.
Bennyzino:

Do Factory reset.
I Just did factory reset. still the same thing .
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 10, 2015
ifypoly:
Pls y is it dat anytym i move my app to my memory card d file will get korrpt?

My best guess is that your SD card is corrupt.

It could be damaged without you knowing it.

Try to backup your files on your memory card and format it.
If this doesn't work try using a different sd card.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Davidfrank19: 1:40pm On May 10, 2015
Please am using tecno h6, how do I change my imei number?
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 10, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:
I Just did factory reset. still the same thing .

The OS is corrupt.

Install a new stock.
Install either slim bean or paranoid Android.. Make sure you back up your phone so you can do a system restore if there's any complication
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 10, 2015
Davidfrank19:
Please am using tecno h6, how do I change my imei number?

The first step is to root your phone.

Do that first.. Remember to do a thorough back up
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 2:54pm On May 10, 2015
Bennyzino:

The OS is corrupt.
Install a new stock.
Install either slim bean or paranoid Android.. Make sure you back up your phone so you can do a system restore if there's any complication
Thanks for your help. please where can i get the new stock? Because i just installed a rom got from similar phone.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 10, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:

Thanks for your help. please where can i get the new stock? Because i just installed a rom got from similar phone.

It's on Google play
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by valnicholas(f): 4:28pm On May 10, 2015
I use a Gionee M2. 6 months after purchase,the phone stops vibrating.I've checked the settings I dunno what else to do.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 10, 2015
valnicholas:
I use a Gionee M2. 6 months after purchase,the phone stops vibrating.I've checked the settings I dunno what else to do.

It's hardware problem.

You have fallen the phone too much smiley

The motor has lost contact with the circuit. Get it to a repairer and tell him you need to 'solder' the motor cus it's not vibrating .
It won't cost you much
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by valnicholas(f): 2:57pm On May 11, 2015
Bennyzino:

It's hardware problem.
You have fallen the phone too much smiley
The motor has lost contact with the circuit. Get it to a repairer and tell him you need to 'solder' the motor cus it's not vibrating .
It won't cost you much
thanks a lot dear.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Kaybaba5(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2015
Pls help ne no advance settings ooh and i cant wipe cos no yes to delete all.
The problem is that the phone uts pressing itself thats y i want to flash it

Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Deblow: 5:00pm On May 11, 2015
My own complaint are two
1. My 64Gig mem card wen inserted into my Samsung galaxy note 3 or into my s4, it will at one time accept and see it and later wen I open the phone again it will reject it asking me to insert a new one. This process is on and off all the time
2. I have flashfox browser on my phone and weneva I type in the comment box on Facebook, it writes jargons and not exactly what I write. I have uninstalled and reinstalled severally but same thing happens and only on fb comment boxes
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 11, 2015
Kaybaba5:
Pls help ne no advance settings ooh and i cant wipe cos no yes to delete all.
The problem is that the phone uts pressing itself thats y i want to flash it

The phone is not displaying the cache and that's the reason you can't see yes.

Don't really know how far you have gone in the recovery mode that has led to this.

I advise you taking it to slot.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 11, 2015
Deblow:
My own complaint are two
1. My 64Gig mem card wen inserted into my Samsung galaxy note 3 or into my s4, it will at one time accept and see it and later wen I open the phone again it will reject it asking me to insert a new one. This process is on and off all the time
2. I have flashfox browser on my phone and weneva I type in the comment box on Facebook, it writes jargons and not exactly what I write. I have uninstalled and reinstalled severally but same thing happens and only on fb comment boxes

1. That is obviously a hardware problem. Since you said that it behaves same way in another phone the problem must be from the SD card. Try cleaning the contact panel of the SD card if it doesn't help try testing the phone with another SD card.

2. Flashfox is a mimic of Firefox except that it has an inbuilt flash player. The developers are still fixing bugs that might arise due to its incapability to read some scripts.
Try to check if a new update is out.. It will fix that bug
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 8:46am On May 12, 2015
Please I just got a lenovo A316i and the phone takes ages to power on. When it finally does it might just go off on its own. I was told to flash the phone which I had done but the problem still persists. What should I do?
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 9:52am On May 12, 2015
cheenway:
Please I just got a lenovo A316i and the phone takes ages to power on. When it finally does it might just go off on its own. I was told to flash the phone which I had done but the problem still persists. What should I do?

Hope the phone doesn't get hot when charging if it does the cells of the battery are dead.

Try charging the phone till 100% then allow it to discharge to 4% or even 2%. Then charge it to 100 % again and discharge it to 2%. Repeat this process 3 or 4 times.. It will bring the cells back to health.

Also try installing battery doctor and DU battery.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 10:28am On May 12, 2015
Bennyzino:

Hope the phone doesn't get hot when charging if it does the cells of the battery are dead.

Try charging the phone till 100% then allow it to discharge to 4% or even 2%. Then charge it to 100 % again and discharge it to 2%. Repeat this process 3 or 4 times.. It will bring the cells back to health.

Also try installing battery doctor and DU battery.

It keeps vibrating while it is taking time to boot. I was told it is a hardware problem. The battery is in good condition o. And I don't think it has any other issue
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 11:19am On May 12, 2015
cheenway:

It keeps vibrating while it is taking time to boot. I was told it is a hardware problem. The battery is in good condition o. And I don't think it has any other issue

Well you didn't mention that earlier.

It's sure hardware problem.
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by ifypoly(m): 11:53am On May 12, 2015
Bennyzino:

My best guess is that your SD card is corrupt.

It could be damaged without you knowing it.

Try to backup your files on your memory card and format it.
If this doesn't work try using a different sd card.
av tried using anoda SD card n my case still remain d same....n I jus encounter anoda problem wen I try to installed an app it keep showing me dis

Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 11:55am On May 12, 2015
Bennyzino:

Well you didn't mention that earlier.

It's sure hardware problem.

So what do I do na? I'm tired of my BB. I really nid an android fast. Now dat I have one...so what might it cost me to fix dat
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 12, 2015
ifypoly:
av tried using anoda SD card n my case still remain d same....n I jus encounter anoda problem wen I try to installed an app it keep showing me dis

Try sending the screen shot again couldn't see it
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 12, 2015
cheenway:

So what do I do na? I'm tired of my BB. I really nid an android fast. Now dat I have one...so what might it cost me to fix dat

It's caused mostly by sticky buttons especially the power button.

It needs to be open cleaned with a liquid and recoupled.
Am looking at 1k to 15oo
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by ifypoly(m): 3:39pm On May 12, 2015
Bennyzino:

Try sending the screen shot again couldn't see it
dis is it

Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 12, 2015
For the first problem you the seat for the memory might be out of place or dirty. Try cleaning the panels both the memory and the seat of the phone.

For your second problem follow these steps.

Step 1- Go to device Settings(icon) menu
Step 2- Tap on Security
Step 3- Device administration
Step 4- Unknown sources – Check mark Unknown
Sources
Re: Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here by damola44(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2015
Pls guys, I have a rooted infinix zero but anytime I try to enter google play store it says no connection. But I have a strong data connection. I tried using hosts files from adaway app. But it was only temporary. Pls help I do I go about it. cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tecno Spark K7 Full Review: Cheap Does Not Always Mean Crab!!! / My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! / South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.