Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (53899 Views)

A Nairalander Visit To The Moremi Statue Of Liberty.(With Pictures ) / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / My Visit To Olumirin Water Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by chaberry(m): 10:35pm On May 04, 2015
Yoruba again?? Why are this people obsess with anything Igbo?

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by FreeGlobe(f): 10:35pm On May 04, 2015
eaglechild:
this thread will soon catch fire.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 04, 2015
My friend was surprised when he traveled with me, the guy saw edifies and mighty structures. When he stepped in my dads house, he wondered if I was from a royal family. I said no, my dad actually invested and took his time building his house.

35 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by hardywaltz(m): 10:35pm On May 04, 2015
Ok ooh
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 04, 2015
Another Igbo thread ***sighs*** when would this end?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by tobtap: 10:36pm On May 04, 2015
cool wink
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 10:36pm On May 04, 2015
How are we sure you are really Yoruba...u may be igbo trying to blow your trumpet for those of us whho don't know wat a trip tO igboland is.....neverthheless I appreciate your effort...be gud..I would have really apprciate your piece if you didn't put your tribe there..just a trip to anambra will have been better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by bbdd: 10:36pm On May 04, 2015
Nigeria needs more of this.

These tribal warlords need to be put to shame.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by mstik(f): 10:36pm On May 04, 2015
Good post. embarassed
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Mcowubaba: 10:37pm On May 04, 2015
If this thread no end up with Yoruba vs Igbo E-warcheesy..
I go trek from yaba market to national stadium Surulere

Anyway I dey do am steady cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by slinkman(m): 10:37pm On May 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by redcliff: 10:38pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:
Yorubas must validate Igbos existence before igbos feel a sense of "self".

And be more specific, he was talking about Anambra state. So if it's like Lagos, why do Igbos troop to Yorubaland?

Ans why do your houses look run-down anytime someone post pictures of Igboland? Just asking ni o

You need to go yourself and see what is happening there in terms of builfing aesthetics in rural areas. You would bow..

19 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by PureWays(m): 10:38pm On May 04, 2015
Nice..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by ideykwum: 10:38pm On May 04, 2015
I wonder why you never get banned with your vitriolic and inane writings! Hmmm! Weird!!

You're surely one abusive cookie!!

Ilekeh:
Yorubas must validate Igbos existence before igbos feel a sense of "self".

And be more specific, he was talking about Anambra state. So if it's like Lagos, why do Igbos troop to Yorubaland?

Ans why do your houses look run-down anytime someone post pictures of Igboland? Just asking ni o

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by phazotron(m): 10:38pm On May 04, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
How are we sure you are really Yoruba...u may be igbo trying to blow your trumpet for those of us whho don't know wat a trip tO igboland is.....neverthheless I appreciate your effort...be gud..I would have really apprciate your piece if you didn't put your tribe there..just a trip to anambra will have been better

thank you joor one crate of orijin for u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by redcliff: 10:38pm On May 04, 2015
mstik:
Is it just me, or does he sound sort of condescending? Especially in his point 5?

Did you just learn that word and felt like using it?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by realjoker(m): 10:38pm On May 04, 2015
i am a tribal E-warior in making, am semi-tribal warlord. Nevertheless, Nice one op more of that, but, well, i love my eastern dudes. Even though the op lied about some of his reasons.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Strongfaze(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2015
While I was in the East I tried to look for those old thatched houses and the cultural dressing of the Igbos. To my dismay, I found non. *OP you try small*

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by emorse(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2015
saintfizzo:
When U look for the good in ur fellow man rather than looking for mistakes... life tastes a lot betta... it's fun crossing over to enjoy other cultures, tribalism wld only rob us the joy of sharing our diversity... thumbs up OP

God bless you!

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by levelszik(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh,thunder fire your left ball cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by BizBayo: 10:41pm On May 04, 2015
bookings everywhere
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by highmood(m): 10:41pm On May 04, 2015
Nice one man. Now you can attest to the fact that traveling is a form of education which can quickly kill ones ignorance. I love listening to honest Yorubas who willingly travel to other part of the country to live or associate with people there. Many times they sound different from those who think Lagos is the only place in Nigeria.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 04, 2015
Congratulations to the new couple. Tnx @op for being honest.

I'm sure more foreigners are warming up but I have a bad news for you.

The SE governors forum just met and increased our daughters' brideprice. If I dey lie, ask Ozoigbondu and Origin101 grin

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:

o

Forgive me I have to pick this one out since it interest me most. Given that I have seen this remark more often than I have seen a Fulani man without his stick and cow. As long as Lagos remain the commercial hub of Nigeria Igbo people and other tribes will keep flooding to Lagos. Just like it happens else where in the world. It is something both the Yoruba and every other Nigerians have to deal with.

19 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 04, 2015
Ala igbo amaka!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by mstik(f): 10:42pm On May 04, 2015
Yep
You know this. You saw me reading it from the dictionary.
Perhaps you misunderstood me. His fifth point actually sounded like he was making a mockery out of the kolanut issue
You don't have to be sarcastic, you know
Maybe I should modify the post before I get a host of other mentions undecided
redcliff:

Did you just learn that word and felt like using it?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 10:43pm On May 04, 2015
phazotron:

thank you joor one crate of orijin for u
your lordship I appreciate...may you never see death
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by STEVENcrack(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2015
The best time to enjoy a visit to any igbo land is during XMAS or NEW YEAR..u wud see how money is stoned..u wud see different masquerades .. So guys would even beg u to help dem spend dis money because its too much.

But on the other note igbos can play with your intelligence esp when u are note an igbo..dem go use ur brain finish and u go still Thank dem

18 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Ilekeh(f): 10:44pm On May 04, 2015
levelszik:
Ilekeh,thunder fire your left ball cheesy grin

What happens to my right ball undecided
You go suck am?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 04, 2015
Wefiak1414:
God bless Yoruba man. kiy len sheh leh

Omo Yoruba lemi
iro lo pa.... lol. nice try

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by okooloyun1(m): 10:45pm On May 04, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) / Damage Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Lagos Today / British Airways Plane's Nose Collapses At Heathrow Airport (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.