Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (53897 Views)

A Nairalander Visit To The Moremi Statue Of Liberty.(With Pictures ) / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / My Visit To Olumirin Water Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by ogawisdom(m): 7:05am On May 05, 2015
FreeGlobe:

https://blogaces./2015/05/04/10-things-i-learnt-about-anambra/

Op u r welcomed to igboland d biafran nation, a land of milk and honey grin

Ndi banyi kwenu, wish we had our dream biafra already

Its good to hear sth positive frm our yoruba bros them, may b dt could b d beginning of rebuilding our rship recently bathered by d drunk oba of lagos

Well I didn't kw I will live to see a thread like this on NL on frontpage. A yoruba man praising igbos, I ve never seen it chai things r getting beta I guess wink

Seun tnx 4 lettin this hit fp u r a detribalized naija, tot u r a tribal bigot b4 nw

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by ethicalUser(m): 7:07am On May 05, 2015
Most people think Igbo live in holes that's the reason why they flock to Lagos. But y'all should know that there are great number of business men in the east as much as we have in Lagos. If u visit nnewi, Onitsha , aba , owerri and umuahia u will be amazed. I don't think there is any state in Nigeria apart from Lagos that can out number anambra in terms of importers. I stand to be corrected.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by EbuGeneral(m): 7:07am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:
Yorubas must validate Igbos existence before igbos feel a sense of "self".

And be more specific, he was talking about Anambra state. So if it's like Lagos, why do Igbos troop to Yorubaland?

Ans why do your houses look run-down anytime someone post pictures of Igboland? Just asking ni o
igbo troop to yoruba lands or igbo go to lagos? which other yoruba state is popular? ndi ara

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by help3852: 7:07am On May 05, 2015
donttouch:

Na wa 4 u oo. Person dey try run away from generational curses, u come dey add join am.

U no do well at all
that babe Is a pain in the ass. she abuses people a lot, if you have heard of berem, she's the one.
Just imagine this thread, she tried to trivialize it.

Nairaland should employ her, she spends all her life here.

Bashing is not what I do, folks like her brought this.

My sincere apologies to all Nlders.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by stan4guy6(m): 7:08am On May 05, 2015
eaglechild:
This thread will soon catch fire.

This is an eye opener for the narrator.

I think the Swesterners are the least travelled in Southern Nigeria. Many of them. know nothing about life outside their region.

I will encourage them to try and explore the world outside their cocoon.

Thank goodness for NYSC.
It helps for some exposure though a little.
brother u no get am the north no dey travel at all

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 7:14am On May 05, 2015
saintfizzo:
When U look for the good in ur fellow man rather than looking for mistakes... life tastes a lot betta... it's fun crossing over to enjoy other cultures, tribalism wld only rob us the joy of sharing our diversity... thumbs up OP

God bless you for this comments.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Omam4life: 7:14am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

And be more specific, he was talking about Anambra state. So if it's like Lagos, why do Igbos troop to Yorubaland?

Ans why do your houses look run-down anytime someone post pictures of Igboland? Just asking ni o

Are u not very stupid? Ans me.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Jobneeded12: 7:15am On May 05, 2015
zendy:
It is a very rare thing to find a Yoruba person in Igbo land. On the converse side,most Igbo men would have visited at least one Yoruba state or Lagos before the age of 20.

South west is London to them
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Vikky014(f): 7:16am On May 05, 2015
BlackPencil:
Ok let me tell you a little about my visit to osuh ,nnewi LGA.My dad actually named me after his close ibo friend, Uchenna. D man almost gave his life for dad. Ibos r loyal tho.

D man's wife died N we had to travel to his place. I was amazed! Trust me, no village in any region of naija matches Igbo villages. I saw beautiful mansions that can b likened to those in abuja. They tar their roads themselves, never waiting on govt. Village roads o! I realised d owners of Bolton white, top rank, onyx hotels , prince n princess estate,r from that small village. I saw d house of d owner of efab N my tongue almost fell out, d ukahchukus hv their houses inside 1 compound,about 6 beautiful mansions.

Believe me, I didn't see 1 thatched house in dat village, don't know about other ibo villages. Some compounds have expensive cars parked inside,nobody driving them. Ibos gat money mehn!
Holding my family friend so close cos he has so much vision N biz ideas. He's always got ideas.
I respect Ibos so much.they hv d heart to make money N live well
Well said. i like honest people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Jobneeded12: 7:16am On May 05, 2015
ethicalUser:
Most people think Igbo live in holes that's the reason why they flock to Lagos. But y'all should know that there are great number of business men in the east as much as we have in Lagos. If u visit nnewi, Onitsha , aba , owerri and umuahia u will be amazed. I don't think there is any state in Nigeria apart from Lagos that can out number anambra in terms of importers. I stand to be corrected.

Igbos are so small minded ? You think it's only spare parts Nigeria imports chai
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by nzeobi(m): 7:20am On May 05, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Who doesn't know the second niger bridge is a scam?

Mtscheeew!
Its not a scam, if you really wish to see its location I will direct you.
It links umunede in delta state to oba in anambra state, its a sort of bye pass. So that those going to the east must not necessarily enter onitsha.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by zendy: 7:21am On May 05, 2015
peppyluv02:
Apart from Lagos which I won't deny is more developed than the east but that doesn't include the ghettos, no part of your south west can compete with the east!
Stop hating!

Don't mind that ofe mmanu. The major reason why the Yoruba man fights over Lagos is because aside Lagos,there's nothing in the SW. While I can give it to Yorubas that they are academicians and captains of industries, it is incredible that besides Lagos,there is no commercial hub-city in all of Yoruba land. You cant find the equivalent of Onitsha,Nnewi or Aba in Yorubaland. Oh well, everyone has his own area of strenght I guess.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by generalissimo(m): 7:23am On May 05, 2015
plusteam:
First time in my life I have seen a Yoruba saying something good about the Igbos
U be houseboy? That shows u no dey go out be dat o. At least Yoruba people prefer Igbo to Hausa....lets forget any other sentiments
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by matrixme(m): 7:25am On May 05, 2015
You Forgot to add the fact that they are so full of 'bad mind' towards themselves and their neighbors. They also like to put themselves first in everything, howbeit selfishly. Ask them and they will tell you they are the best tribe in Nigeria to swell their ego. Like as if anyone cares.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 7:27am On May 05, 2015
LordExecutioner:
If Yibhoeland is that nice; why do you need a Yoruba man to tell you?

You won't even want to die in Lagos.

Silly yibhoe cannibals, nobody wants to visit your land.

onye nzuzus. cheesy
Sunnybobo3 please come and handle this mofo, Buddahmonk stay on the sidelines and observe for anyone that might come to help him
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Obynolee(f): 7:32am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

Will it be a crime if you travell?, at least to satisfy your inquisitiveness,I don't want to believe that you are one of those that will sit here and tell you for sure what is happening in America.Travel and get first hand information.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Vikky014(f): 7:34am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

let me be honest with you, today if Igbos want to pack their Gh-must-go bags, no one will stop them if the Ijaws want to stay in Nigeria. If we let igbos go, so will the Ijaws and their oil grin Not really a secret. Igbos are non-consequential.

see what happens when that oil dries up. wink Our politicians, the ones that benefit from ND oil, make the decisions on who to let go. The common citizens don't.
i learnt you are a lady. is like your igbo boy friend treated you badly. forgive him biko

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by 49cents(m): 7:35am On May 05, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
I pity yoruba girls they re the least wanted in nigeria nowonder they bleach to look like igbo women

Will u shut up

Who told you they are the least respected

Ingact yoruba girls are far more loving and respectful than the averafe igbo girl

Just igbo wives tend to stick out around with their husbands even when fortunes dwindle

Education plays a central roile. In both

I am an igbo man and I think yoruba woman have more freedom of spirit than igbo ladies and for that I admire them a lot mre
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Vikky014(f): 7:40am On May 05, 2015
Paentera:
i served in Abia State and enjoyed myself thoroughly through my stay. Had my share of romances, adventures and all you can think of. I
didn't even feel I was anywhere but home. I'm still friends with many of those I met there to date. Kini big deal?
Corper so na you impregnant nkechi den

hmmmmm@ romances tongue
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Jobneeded12: 7:43am On May 05, 2015
Fun facts
There are 32 markets in Lagos
Of this 32 4 are majorly igbo markets
Yoruba traders are innovative we don't go abroad to import while we drain our Naira and create jobs oversea we develop the country by offering services in security, governance, banking, imports and exports
And yorubas are the biggest exporters in the country we export cocoa, cassava, garri, chicken to nearby neighbours we are the biggest farmers in Nigeria go to Ogun & Oyo alone see farming.
This is what gives us a huge buyers power and that's why you see igbo traders running to SW.yorubas aren't noise markers we are majorly traders and professionals difference is in SME we dominate look at most hair salon, mechanica, beauty business, even cream business these igbo women use massively na we dey use am, Kwara is a land locked area with yoruba people there's no state in SE that is richer than Kwara so you Igbos need to study the yoruba civilisation and stop generalising. Just observe this generation and see the tribe getting the most achivements this time around you can't say indiginisation caused it the playing field is leveled and yorubas are still leading
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Vikky014(f): 7:46am On May 05, 2015
LordExecutioner:
Yibhoes will always need Yoruba to certify anything about them before they can be secured.

Yoruba on the other hand don't care what Yibhoes think and don't want anything to do with Yibhoe-land.

Yibhoes are accursed! cheesy
YABA LEFT PATIENT

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by oneast: 7:49am On May 05, 2015
Stop being stup1d. Nobody leaves Onitsha to Owerre for any nonsense. There is enough fun in Anambra particular in Awka and Onitsha. The only reason people stop for a minute in Owerre is because of the cheap imo prostitutes that are abound in that area and nothing more. Stop being silly.

ahizih:
Nice one,you got it all right, but please find time and visit owerri or next time you visit Anambra go to onitsha you'll see how dudes are rushing during weekends only to spend their weekends in owerri,but don't forget to ask them why? Owerri is home of fun! Note: an average igbo man is fun loving,we bear no qualms with anyone, we are jolly good fellows. Thanks and God bless you for your true confession

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Obynolee(f): 7:51am On May 05, 2015
FreeGlobe:

https://blogaces./2015/05/04/10-things-i-learnt-about-anambra/

Op that cola they said that it only understands Igbo is not the same as the one eaten by the Hausas,it is smaller compare gworo(the one eaten up North)and when you break it,some are in 2,3,4,5,6 etc pieces and they signifies something while gworo is only 2 pieces when broken.For instance,the 5 pieces Igbo kola means that we have escaped danger,4 pieces represents 4 market days in Igbo,Afor,Nkwo,Eke and Orie etc

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 7:53am On May 05, 2015
well I like my ibo guys,sometimes!sometimes!! they sell me authe clothes.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 7:55am On May 05, 2015
help3852:
that babe Is a pain in the ass. she abuses people a lot, if you have heard of berem, she's the one.
Just imagine this thread, she tried to trivialize it.

Nairaland should employ her, she spends all her life here.

Bashing is not what I do, folks like her brought this.

My sincere apologies to all Nlders.

Berem is not a woman. Berem is a yoruba man. As with most accounts on Nairaland that identify as females, 50% of them are grown Azz yoruba men.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Ujupsy: 7:57am On May 05, 2015
Did you visit Nnewi one of the commercial town in Anambra
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Wislet(f): 8:00am On May 05, 2015
woodcook:
Ilekeh:

o

Forgive me I have to pick this one out since it interest me most. Given that I have seen this remark more often than I have seen a Fulani man without his stick and cow. As long as Lagos remain the commercial hub of Nigeria Igbo people and other tribes will keep flooding to Lagos. Just like it happens else where in the world. It is something both the Yoruba and every other Nigerians have to deal with.
Same way if Abuja/Anambra/ Cross River/Abia/ Akwa Ibom etc becomes the commercial hub of Nigeria, people will troop there en masse to work.

It's not about Lagos. That's where some people get it wrong. Lagos due to its ports and having been Nigeria's capital enjoys certain privileges. If Anambra or Enugu should overtake Lagos tomorrow, it's the same people that say 'Leave our land' that'll watch in dismay as people leave en masse.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by 0ldirtybastard(m): 8:00am On May 05, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Who doesn't know the second niger bridge is a scam?

Mtscheeew!

I had a feeling an idiot would be here soon.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Nobody: 8:04am On May 05, 2015
new2020:

Berem is not a woman. Berem is a yoruba man. As with most accounts on Nairaland that identify as females, 50% of them are grown Azz yoruba men.
berem is a woman from Imo state, she is so vain in character that she will throw tantrums @ me for this mention.

N/B she said she is *married* but I doubt that mother
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Ruffychuks: 8:09am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

Lol if the oil depletes, Igbos presence in Nigeria will be inconsequential. Not because of the tiny drops of oil in igboland. Igbos are stuck because if we let you go, we'll have to let Ijaws go. We can't have that now, can we?
u dey mad ne? wetin concern Igbo with ijaw.
Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by FreeGlobe(f): 8:12am On May 05, 2015
49cents:

[s]
Will u shut up

Who told you they are the least respected

Ingact yoruba girls are far more loving and respectful than the averafe igbo girl

Just igbo wives tend to stick out around with their husbands even when fortunes dwindle

Education plays a central roile. In both

I am an igbo man and I think yoruba woman have more freedom of spirit than igbo ladies and for that I admire them a lot mre[/s]
all these nonsense because you married a yoruba lady?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland by Caseless: 8:15am On May 05, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) / Damage Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Lagos Today / British Airways Plane's Nose Collapses At Heathrow Airport (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.