Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,601 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die (12670 Views)

6 BILLION NAIRA BRIBE ; Amaechi Must Mention Names. / Legislators Demand 2.5 Billion Naira Bribe To Pass Petroleum Industry Bill And Swfb-investigation / N50 Million Naira Bribe: Where Are Efcc & Icpc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by blacksta(m): 10:02am On Feb 07, 2009
chemical T:

Its a shame to the entire police force. I will urge the ogas to call their people to d correct way.

I dont think you leave in Nigeria. Is not the oga that sent the police to go mount  road block to collect bribe
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by PurestBoy(m): 10:48am On Feb 07, 2009
Shame on Nigerian Police, That's an old news
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by bigben3: 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2009
A beg,na today!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by spikedcylinder: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2009
Spikedcylinder:

I know what you are talking about I am a Nigerian and have been leaving there for more than 40yrs, I have had some very raw deals with police too,1998 when I bought my first car, police arrested me and drove me round Port Harcourt in their vehicle all in attempt to extort money from because of typographical error that could be verified since the seller of the car was in Port Harcourt also, they refused taking me to their station instead drove me round GRA area and threatening changing the case to something else, it took lots of effort  and interventions on colleagues to get my car and back. I have had other ordeals too since I drive around but I have a habit of looking at the big picture ithe Nigerian structure virtually not extent, policemen are employed from the society which has student who could not confidently say they wrote exams for which they get certificates, the society where most big men are mere public thieves so how do you expect police to be better that the larger society.

be on the safe side, make sure your papers are in order,  stop when the police stops you and be polite, do not kill anyone out of transferred aggression. Police, either good or bad has law on its side and has right like any where in the would to stop and search any one. Hope I am communicating.

Jeebus. What exactly are you saying? Is it possible for you to say things along the lines of the on going discourse?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by cvibe: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2009
What a stupid way to stop a car. grin
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by StellaN3(f): 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2009
what makes that one fall down grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by ohaechesi(m): 5:37pm On Feb 07, 2009
quite interesting, naija can't quit from amazing me
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2009
hahahahhahahaha, the silly policewoman got what she was asking for.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by hackney(m): 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2009
No, She didnt get all she deserved;
If they were truely after N50;The driver should have got off the car ;stuffed a dirty N20 in her mouth and sealed her dirty mouth with a heavy back hander.
They run when there is armed robbery and then crawl out afterwards to arrest innocent citizens.
They also shoot people travelling with loads of money and tag them armed robbers.
That's why i pushed one into the bush when i was stopped for nothing a while ago.
The Nigerian police are the most low-down dirty,corrupt set of rats i've ever seen!!
Bunch them with the politicians and drown them like F**king rats.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by chimizuzu: 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2009
n u cant see a police person trying 2 collect money (now its 4rm 50 naria upwards) in a way d driver was correct n wrong 1 they wud waste her tym n atimes insult her but the fact still stands dat she was wrong(Driver).
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by ayobase(m): 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2009
there is this very irritating
annoying part of the police force.

U wouldnt see them when the traffic
lights are down to control the traffic,
but u will always see them arround to
catch whosoever TRY to violate the
law of traffic lights.

always a serious issue!!!
but,they are still trying sha!!!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Raymond88(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2009
Hahaha im in tears right now from laughing so damn hard! grin grin
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by oderemo(m): 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2009
Is
not the oga that sent the police to go mount road block to collect bribe

do you work for the police force? i dont think so.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by yehmi01(m): 1:06am On Feb 08, 2009
Omo tins day happen for this country O
Never a dull moment.
I think i have to get me a new phone with very good
camera to catch comedy in nija this way.
Basket mouth must see this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by TOYOSI20(f): 2:49am On Feb 08, 2009
What else is new oo?? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by worldman(m): 8:33am On Feb 08, 2009
i m ashame of Nigeria police for eight year Nuhu Ribadu was trying to eradicate corruption but the police are steal collecting bribe shame on Nuhu Ribadu
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by toosoon(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2009
Shame on Nigeria Politicians for keeping us in this terrible condition,
Shame on Nigeria police for not providing a chaser at the check point,
Shame on the female driver for not obeying the police force, where is she hurrying to?

I pray this will bring a change to our beloved country Nigeria, Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by naijawatch: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2009
This reply is to lucabrasi who basically says Nigerian police are unpaid and still put their lives out there to protect the public I want to let you know its not true, first no one forced them to join the force so risking their lives is just a job if they don't like it they can quit.secondly extorting from the masses and saluting criminals with sirens is just as evil so personally that woman should be given a naval cross for bravery while under attack by robbers. LMAO!!!!hehehe!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by c33b33(m): 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2009
lma0, that driver get guts gan!enjoying her A.C & trying to confisicate the 'olopa's' leg lol
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by JJYOU: 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2009
scum of the earth.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by strangleyo: 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2009
**Puts face in palms**

*shakes head*

Naija Naija, my beautiful yet mentally deranged naijaa
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by kador(m): 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2009
This is incredible. Naija drivers have got to device some methods of evading these unwholesome police "olopas". For christ sake, these people are suppose to protect us and not to estort cash from us!
I recommend these post should be well published around the country?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by jesuseun1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2009
enough of talking and yabbing the men in black.what shall we do now.we shoud not only accuse the police of corruption ,they are not up to 1 % of the Nigeria population.they just fall victims most of the tyme because they are public officers.think of the lawmakers,ministers,local govt workers,commisioners,local govt chairmen, and even some times our very selve .to be sincere,let us all look within our selves and repent of any corrupt acts.

I still believe something good and great will come out of Nigeria.d turning around of this nation will just be like Oshodi transformation in our own very eyes.If u believe it say Amen.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by ozoda(m): 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2009
fifty naira or i die!!!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by armadeo(m): 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2009
The nigerian police is not your friend. Atimes they are ok but mostly they are beastly. Making life for the average legit nigerian miserable.
I have seen alot in thier hands so i personally dont like them.
Me thinks we should blame our leaders for they (the police) but a wise one once said a people get the leaders they deserve.[size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by tayoast(m): 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2009
And U guys are so sure she wanted to"extort"

If a policeman needs somthing frm a private motorist, they do ask to park and if u hav evrythingl, they av a polite way of asking.

Like give us something, we've been in the sun 4 a while.

And if the motorists resists, why would they stand in FRONT of the car. For the record, they do that to commercial motorists alone.

So, in my view, nothing like extortion!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Okijajuju1(m): 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
Look at us going back and forth with this our arguement trying to blame someone.

Now let us ask ourselves the relevant questions based on the picture.

Was the lady driver guilty of any offence??

ANSWER; Hells yes. Offences ranging from resisting arrest, to reckless endangerment, to assault with a deadly weapon, to aggravated assault, to attemted murder.

Was the policewoman right in her approach to the fleeing driver??

ANSWER; NO. I am certain that no police handbook anywhere in the world would suggest that yo throw yourself in front of a vehicle to stop it. Whatever happen to citations, tickets, taking down the license plate number, putting out an A.P.B on the vehicle, spike-strips, radioing the unit ahead to intercept the vehicle, even giving chase sef.

PERSONAL OPINION; I believe that the officers on duty would have been much richer f they had succeeded in apprehending tha woman at the scene. They would probably have extorted her of all her money before setting her free. We do see this everyday. Even trailers are no exception. Are Nigerians Lawless?? Hells yes we are. We do break every rule there is whenever we can, especially if we knew we could get away with it. But thats no excuse for the unprofessional behavior of our law enforcement agents. Its not strange in Nigeria to see the police beating the shit out of a suspect who they have placed under arrest (in cuffs). Every party had its fault in the whole scenario, but the police officers could have handled the situation much better that they did. And the woman driver was lucky that the police officers in the picture had no guns.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Joshcoli(m): 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2009
The Nigerian Police has no future, An American Police man is ready to die and even proud to die because he knows when he dies he will be given a befitting burial and his family will be fully compensated without stress, I know of a case, a nigerian police man died in service it took the grace of God before the nigerian police could release a car to convey the body not to talk of the family compensation it took almost 4 years before the compensation was paid and it was not paid completely.

Don't blame nigerian police men, they are risking there lifes for nothing and the government don't even show any sign of concern, so what do you expect.

My father retired March 2005 and his gratuity was paid in december 2008 shocked shocked shocked imagine, I Hate the Nigeria Police
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Toppiano(m): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2009
shocked grin cheesy I no fit laf. If law enforcers are doing dis , wat will law breakers do? I tire for police dem.
I bilif say OKIRO dey see
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by slimes(m): 10:20am On Feb 10, 2009
Shame on Nigeria.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by frankogbu(m): 1:09pm On Feb 10, 2009
Even if our premonitions are right, lets not jump into conclusion that it was a bribe case (as nothing in the pictures suggest so). Much have been said and I think the SALIENT arguement are:

They are poorly paid so they could be right
Comment: For Heavens sake, what sort of welfarism would warrant one indulging in immoralty of taking bribes. They saw and were told before they joined so quit if you cant cope.

For not stopping, the woman was wrong
Comment: Absolutely Correct. Why wont she stop. For God's sake, these are law enforcement agents (in the true sense) information they get from you could help in the crime fighting effort ( at least they claim).
MORALE: Do your bit and leave the rest to nature to correct. One tried it along Warri-Port Harcourt Road and went to the extent of slapping me all cos I explained that to another so-called officer that the Drivers Licence of the person driving me was still valid. His vague point was that the photocopy was not clear n demanded we go back to Lagos and bring the original if am not ready to "co-operate" despite driving the latest Toyota Camry at my age.

Result? by the time I finished with my own "madness", even when as far as pouring the about N100,000 mint of 100 note on the express just to tell the I can pay them their gratuity rite on the spot but I dont part with my hard-gotten quids foolishly.

When they say they've bitten more than they could chew, the foolish officer went into hidding leaving the most senior among them begging n removing his cap to show me his grey hairs. I learnt for the pity I had on the old man.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by cutie25: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2009
this bribe thing is becoming a torn on my flesh. shamless police ppl!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Vs APC: What Turaki Told Fayose In Ekiti / 14 PDP Governors Submit Letter Of Resignation Over Amechi Suspension / Make Una Biafra Ppl Come See O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.