Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) (2398 Views)

Wonder! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (PHOTOS) / Amazing Fact!!!!! Goliath's Skull Been Exhumed At The Foot Of Mount Elah / Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by skylane: 12:38pm On May 07, 2015
Goliath’s skull in a valley at the western part of Jerusalem, the Israeli capital with the stone (from David’s sling) still stuck on the forehead. Hope you all remember the story of the CHALLENGE BOUT between David and Goliath in the Bible? Sure you all do
This startling discovery was made sometime ago by a leading archaeologist, Dr Richard Martin who says it proves that David’s battle with the 10-foot giant really happened just like the Bible said it did. He labelled it the “archeological finding of the century, if not of all time”.Back then, at a news conference in Jerusalem, he had told reporters: “Many people including scholars and clergymen would have us believe that the biblical account of David and Goliath is little more than an interesting piece of fiction. “But we found this skull in the valley of Elah, in the foothill of the Judean Mountains, where David’s battle with Goliath was said to have taken place. Even more intriguing, the skull is huge and clearly belonged to a man of enormous stature. And if you believe the Bible, you know that Goliath stood nine-feet shoulders tall. “But most telling piece of evidence is the small round rock we found embedded in the forehead. The Bible tells us that David killed Goliath with a stone flung from a leather sling. It might be - but I don’t think so.”Martin found the skull during a routine archaelogical survey about 20 miles southwest of Jerusalem. He and his assistants instantly realized that the find was important. It was not until they performed tests that showed the skull to be between 2,900 and 3,000 years old that they had actually found the remains of Goliath.

According to the Bible, the battle between David and Goliath happened around 900B.C or 1000 years before the birth of Jesus Christ.
The Bible tells us that the battle began as a band of Israelites were preparing to fight a band of Philistines on the valley of Elah.
At that point in history, it was common for enemies to avoid massive casualties by allowing one man from each side to fight for their respective armies. To quote the Bible, the Philistines Goliath challenged the Israelites to “choose a man and let him come to me. If he is able to fight with me and kill me, then we will be your servants. But if I prevail and kill him, then you shall serve us”. David took up the challenge and killed Goliath with a single stone thrown from a leather sling. When Goliath hit the ground, David chopped off his head with Goliath’s own sword. Dr Martin confirmed that the skull he saw had a rock stuck in the forehead.
“There was also evidence to suggest that the head had been severed from the body by a sharp object, most likely a sword. I know that the evidence is circumstantial but when you put it all together, there can be little doubt that this is Goliath’s skull. To be perfectly frank, I’m staking my career on it,” he said.
While biblical scholars and other experts consider the ramifications of Dr Martin’s report, the archaeologist himself is planning to return to the site to search for other relics. “Goliath was wearing a helmet and coat of mail when he was slain by David and we would like nothing more than to find them,” he added,

Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 07, 2015
wait lemme consult ifa
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by skylane: 12:47pm On May 07, 2015
mrsefan:
wait lemme consult ifa
lolz am waiting, all those who are saying the bible isn't real the shud come pls
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2015
David must hear this..
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=skylane post=33506186] lolz am waiting, all those who are saying the bible isn't real the shud come pls[/loading 95%]
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by skylane: 12:50pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=mrsefan post=33506236][/quote]wat did Ifa said?
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 07, 2015
skylane:
wat did Ifa said?
he still need to check google
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by skylane: 12:54pm On May 07, 2015
mrsefan:
he still need to check google
lolz I just wish I cud travel and take a selfie with it,it has been long God started #Godwin
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 07, 2015
skylane:
lolz I just wish I cud travel and take a selfie with it,it has been long started #Godwin
hehehe No need
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by onetrack(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2015
This is nonsense. The story comes from a 'newspaper' that prints all kinds of garbage.
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by skylane: 12:57pm On May 07, 2015
mrsefan:
hehehe No need
just watch me
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by skylane: 12:58pm On May 07, 2015
onetrack:
This is nonsense. The story comes from a 'newspaper' that prints all kinds of garbage.
because u printed the news pAper urself nw
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by Samuelkirk(m): 1:02pm On May 07, 2015
waw
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by nceedaga(m): 1:08pm On May 07, 2015
The skull looks like that of a giant considering the size of d mandible.
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 07, 2015
Very Funny, so the stone is still there? so that we have no doubt it's really Goliath, LOL
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 07, 2015
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by adexsimply(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2015
Gullibility of the highest degree angry

1 Like

Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by LightIndarkness: 12:08am On May 08, 2015
imas:
Very Funny, so the stone is still there? so that we have no doubt it's really Goliath, LOL

grin grin grin grin grin nice one LOL
Re: True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) by Nobody: 2:23am On May 08, 2015
Jesus's skull found in Ibadan.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Muslims Are Protesting Against ISIS / Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. / The Curse Of A Faulty Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.