Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,575 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? (1286 Views)

Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? / Ladies Can You Accept Money From Your Guy In Public / This Is What Happens When You Force A Man To Marry You. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 07, 2015
I know of a man that said he accepted money from his father inlaw when things were down for him and his wife, "but guys come to think of it, will you accept money form your wife's dad when you are broke? "ladies will you encourage such? cc: ishilove
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Laitesmart(m): 3:31pm On May 07, 2015
Bros... E get some kind levels wey e go reach wey be say u no go care the person u collect money from or, even if na ur daughter boyfriend.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 07, 2015
Laitesmart:
Bros... E get some kind levels wey e go reach wey be say u no go care the person u collect money from or, even if na ur daughter boyfriend.
but the tin get as e b.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by midolian(m): 3:35pm On May 07, 2015
Why not? If you see owu wey no get part 2, ur brain go tell u wetin to do.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by MizTyna(f): 3:43pm On May 07, 2015
It depends on the kind of relationship they have
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by GboyegaD(m): 3:45pm On May 07, 2015
It depends on the kind of person the father in law is and the relationship between them.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by ta4ba3(m): 3:45pm On May 07, 2015
Money is money
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by EbubeOnoh(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2015
I swallow my pride and take the money. Well money na money it doesn't matter were it came from
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 07, 2015
MizTyna:
It depends on the kind of relationship they have
husband and wife
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by MizTyna(f): 4:05pm On May 07, 2015
sweetorgasm:
husband and wife
The man and his father inlaw
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Twaci(f): 4:14pm On May 07, 2015
MizTyna is right. To allow such privileges, the relationship between the father-in-law and son-in-law should be considered.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by adanduka: 4:16pm On May 07, 2015
He is your father

Let's leave the in-law.

Would you accept money from your dad if you're broke?
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Skillfullulu(m): 4:20pm On May 07, 2015
For me its a no! U can allow ur wife collect and give u but directly from him ain't good.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Skillfullulu(m): 4:20pm On May 07, 2015
For me its a no! U can allow ur wife collect and give u but directly from him ain't good.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by xynerise: 4:24pm On May 07, 2015
Before nko.
I have collected loan from my F1L once
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by MRBrownJ: 4:37pm On May 07, 2015
@OP
if a man is really desperate for cash, and that is the only person left to help then he must accept such from FIL (aka anyone) so long as there is nothing criminal, illegal or degrading attached to the loan...... especially if it is to feed a family. you should normally have a proper r/ship with the man before you do, and you will have an idea of what hell (or not) you are going to go through, if you borrow the money from a devilish in-laws.

Skillfullulu:
For me its a no!
U can allow ur wife collect and give u but directly from him ain't good.

sorry bro but what kind of man is too proud to go ask for money but sends his wife to go beg, for his own family? and you even expect her to "give you" the money afterwards, lol. being too proud is not good man
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Skillfullulu(m): 9:14pm On May 07, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@OP
if a man is really desperate for cash, and that is the only person left to help then he must accept such from FIL (aka anyone) so long as there is nothing criminal, illegal or degrading attached to the loan...... especially if it is to feed a family. you should normally have a proper r/ship with the man before you do, and you will have an idea of what hell (or not) you are going to go through, if you borrow the money from a devilish in-laws.

sorry bro but what kind of man is too proud to go ask for money but sends his wife to go beg, for his own family? and you even expect her to "give you" the money afterwards, lol. being too proud is not good man

man I ain't talking pride, its DIGNITY here bro.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by psalmlolese: 10:49pm On May 07, 2015
Don't think is right, but no condition is permanent.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Hila12(m): 1:26am On May 08, 2015
It is not wrong! Just an easy way to lose all respect the father-in-law has for you.

He would question his choice for entrusting his daughters welfare with you. He might laugh over it, but deep down in his heart would see you as an incompetent man he let marry his daughter.

Your wife can always collect on your behalf, if condition is that critical.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by olipee(m): 1:34am On May 08, 2015
shocked shocked shocked LAILAI e no go happen.........
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by MRBrownJ: 2:01pm On May 08, 2015
Skillfullulu:
man I ain't talking pride, its DIGNITY here bro.

if you cant feed your family therefore it is normal for "some" people to lose respect for you, because in Nigeria caring for your family is an honourable thing to do. therefore, (in Nigerians mind) you already lost your dignity when you couldnt feed your family and had to beg for help, and even though it's her father, the money would be for the FAMILY (so you should at least be there as a "family" when she goes to beg her parents).

Hila12:
It is not wrong! Just an easy way to lose all respect the father-in-law has for you.

if you cant feed your family then the father in law has all the right to do so... it will be your duty to regain that respect by getting back on your feet.

He would question his choice for entrusting his daughters welfare with you. He might laugh over it, but deep down in his heart would see you as an incompetent man he let marry his daughter.

if you cant feed your family and had to beg for money, is that what "competent men" do? sadly, this is an episode in a person's life and yes, at the time, they may be incompetent, BIG DEAL! the catch is to make sure that this is temporary and not permanent. life is made of ups and downs, you just have to make sure that there is more ups and less downs.

Your wife can always collect on your behalf, if condition is that critical.

not being able to stand up to what you are at the time, and instead cowering and sending your partner to do your (both of you) JOB....that is the reason why many people would certainly lose respect for you FOR GOOD, even if you get back on your feet later on.
it is not easy to beg for money for YOUR family, therefore you may not have to ask her parents directly but you certainly should be there with her when she does.
Re: IS It Right For A Man To Accept Money From His Father Inlaw When He Is Broke? by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 08, 2015
sweetorgasm:
I know of a man that said he accepted money from his father inlaw when things were down for him and his wife, "but guys come to think of it, will you accept money form your wife's dad when you are broke? "ladies will you encourage such?
If u ar considerin him lik ur own own father i dnt think there is harm in acceptin his money, after all u can help him too if u hv the means.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should I Continue With Her? / If It Were You / Critical Signs That Your Body Needs More Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.