Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year (9457 Views)

Four Months After Abortion No Menstruation / I Did An Abortion , Please Help / Soft Drinks Kill 184,000 Adults Every Year - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by falconey(m): 6:16am On May 09, 2015
More than 34,000 young women die from abortion and its complications every year according to statistics reeled out by the President General of Umuada Igbo Nigeria and in the Diaspora, Dr. Kate Ezeofor.

According to Ezeofor, who addressed rural women in Amesi, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State on Wednesday, a recent study showed the burden of abortion is even more destructive.

She said the study showed that for every one girl that died as a result of abortion, 20 others were impaired for life.

The Umuada Igbo leader said most of the fatal abortions resulted from attempts to terminate unwanted pregnancies using quacks.
Ezeofor was represented by Mrs. Philomena Nnamani at a sensitisation seminar held for rural women in the community on women’s reproductive health and rights and safe family planning method.

She said the death of a woman worsened the very bad state of infant mortality in Nigeria.
She said UmuadaIgbo had been going round Igboland organising seminars and programmes to teach families to practise family planning, how to space their children to attain a healthy and better family.

http://www.punchng.com/news/abortion-kills-34000-women-annually-in-nigeria-group/
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by Nobody: 6:19am On May 09, 2015
chaiii

wetin dem go tell God

God u for no giv humans di.ck and punn.y for now, u for giv am to us after wedding night

u know it's very tempting to mk use of

and i even heard if u dnt mk use of ur di.ck as a man to a stage it will rust, then punn.y will close

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by Nokiae5: 6:20am On May 09, 2015
shocked that nylon dey leak?
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by RichDad1(m): 6:26am On May 09, 2015
This is a blatant lie.

19 Likes

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by falconey(m): 6:28am On May 09, 2015
Taylor86:
g
you perv!
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by falconey(m): 6:29am On May 09, 2015
RichDad1:
This is a blatant lie.

yeah sure and you seating with your device 24hours will produce the truth?

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by Nobody: 6:32am On May 09, 2015
falconey:

you perv!

dnt worry will modify later

i dey toilet now i chop soup wey no get enough salt...so my sh.it hard to come out

wen e come out by Gods grace i go modify am

meanwhile

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by coolzeal(m): 6:37am On May 09, 2015
Fundamentally, the statistics might be bogus but it's just an estimated figure that is somewhat close to the truth. Se*x education should be encourage in every high school.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by RichDad1(m): 6:37am On May 09, 2015
falconey:

yeah sure and you seating with your device 24hours will produce the truth?
Super Falcon abi wetin be your name? Since it seems you know more, can you tell me how many of your girl friends have died as a result of this or how many funerals you've attended as a result of abortion death.

I repeat, this is a blatant lie. cool

14 Likes

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by tohpahz(f): 6:38am On May 09, 2015
Might be the truth..
The number of abortions done now is alarming..

1 Like

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by obiak4(m): 6:47am On May 09, 2015
[quote author=RichDad1 post=33558516]This is a blatant lie. [/quote more than he is even economical with the truth
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by falconey(m): 6:49am On May 09, 2015
RichDad1:

Super Falcon abi wetin be your name? Since it seems you know more, can you tell me how many of your girl friends have died as a result of this or how many funerals you've attended as a result of abortion death.

I repeat, this is a blatant lie. cool

its falconey, are you dyslexic? No I guess.

On the matter at hand, as a psychologist and an archaeologist this is what I ascertained.

so according to you the counting start from me?

1 Like 12 Shares

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by RichDad1(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2015
[quote author=obiak4 post=33558800][/quote]
Girls are wiser. All I see is someone trying to set up a NGO, to get funding from Westerners, using inflated figures as a spring board.

6 Likes

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by obiak4(m): 6:56am On May 09, 2015
RichDad1:

Girls are wiser. All I see is someone trying to set up a NGO, to get funding from Westerners, using inflated figures as a spring board.
POSSIBLE POSSIBLY POSSIBILITY MAYBE LET JUST WATCH HIM CLOSELY
BUT THE RATE AT WHICH GIRL GET PREGNANT THESE DAYS IT'S VERY FAST OUT THERE YOU SEE 15,16,17 THAT ARE PREGNANT and those were ppl who kept the pregnancy what about those who would have terminated thiers

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by RichDad1(m): 6:57am On May 09, 2015
falconey:

its falconey, are you dyslexic? No I guess.

On the matter at hand, as a psychologist and an archaeologist my ascertions can be disregarded.

so according to you the counting start from me?
Yeah it starts with you. cool
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by RichDad1(m): 7:03am On May 09, 2015
obiak4:

POSSIBLE POSSIBLY POSSIBILITY MAYBE LET JUST WATCH HIM CLOSELY
BUT THE RATE AT WHICH GIRL GET PREGNANT THESE DAYS IT'S VERY FAST OUT THERE YOU SEE 15,16,17 THAT ARE PREGNANT and those were ppl who kept the pregnancy what about those who would have terminated thiers
That is why I said, girls are wiser now. The level of orientation of this young girls as far as sex education is concern is astronomical.
Go to all major cities in Nigeria, majority of these girls are full time runs girls.
Clinical abortion is nothing new to them. Less I forget, this girls are the best Goal keeper around.
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by ramdris(m): 7:09am On May 09, 2015
Wtf! shocked. So much death just because of konji? I have a perfect solution to this problem; all men who can't control their urge should do this:.....

2 Shares

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by obiak4(m): 7:14am On May 09, 2015
RichDad1:

That is why I said, girls are wiser now. The level of orientation of this young girls as far as sex education is concern is astronomical.
Go to all major cities in Nigeria, majority of these girls are full time runs girls.
Clinical abortion is nothing new to them. Less I forget, this girls are the best Goal keeper around.
not sure they are wiser though if not we won't be seeing minors getting pregnant by the day
for the youth 18 and above they "might" be but that does not means abortion figures are currently on the rise
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by falconey(m): 7:21am On May 09, 2015
ramdris:
Wtf! shocked. So much death just because of konji? I have a perfect solution to this problem; all men who can't control their urge should do this:.....

LWKM at picture.
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by realtestament(m): 7:23am On May 09, 2015
Shey dem no want make ma condom business move market cry
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by bright007(f): 7:46am On May 09, 2015
shoro niyen?
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by LordCenturion(m): 7:46am On May 09, 2015
How they arrived in that figure, Nigeria with wuruwuru, it's only Nigeria u will see 9 bigger than 99

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by freecocoa(f): 7:46am On May 09, 2015
I think the figure's exaggerated but still, it's not news that many women(especially young girls) die from trying to commit abortion.

If only the men who impregnate these girls will stop forcing some of them into committing abortions.

And if only young people will stay away from unprotected $ex and take proper measures in event of a broken condom.

The need for $ex education cannot be over emphasized.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by philtex(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2015
Buhari At Work sad
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by intergral(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2015
IF its true there will be no girl in Nigeria again!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by niceguy7(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2015
And they still continue to do it?
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by boman2014: 7:48am On May 09, 2015
Huh undecided i comment my reserve. sad
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by Tbillz(m): 7:48am On May 09, 2015
Incorporate sex education in the Nigerian education system.
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by Godfullsam(m): 7:48am On May 09, 2015
Chai!!! shocked shocked shocked
This figure scares me oh shocked! No wonder my babe insists on keeping the pregnant by all means undecided.

She said she don't want to risk her life or lost her womb angry.

Now, I must meet her parents and do the needful embarassed.
Chai!!! ....and this is not the girl I wanted to marry oh!
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by lilwayneme(m): 7:48am On May 09, 2015
bright007:
shoro niyen?
oya mi lenu
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by Maczeelly(m): 7:48am On May 09, 2015
Chaiiii
Re: Abortion Kills 34,000 Women In Nigeria Every Year by fulfillment22: 7:48am On May 09, 2015
The number won't stop them.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Medical Students To Study Traditional Medicine / How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste / Whitening Body Scrubs And Body Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.