Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (73731 Views)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Engrkay11(m): 8:23am On May 10, 2015
Nice one ! Sai Baba
I love this
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ndcide(m): 8:26am On May 10, 2015
The president-elect was also said to have
rejected the call for a bailout for the states that
have been unable to pay salaries, with a source
informing Sunday Tribune that the General flatly
rejected the proposal, saying the he was aware
the Federal Government was not owing the states
their allocations.

To all APC supporters who don't ask their governors questions, but concentrate on GEJ.

ditto Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 8:27am On May 10, 2015
This is surely welcomed...being able to make stern decisions and stand by them..buhari should never listen to any of the sitting governors or those to be sworn in after may 29...they are all greedy thieves..shun there proposals and look into the nigerian problem and solve it head on...

They want to recommend ministers when they are all incompetent and useless..this is exactly the same way we were given denzieni that ended up looting and doing nothing for the niger delta...

Buhari shake my hand joor...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by PassingShot(m): 8:28am On May 10, 2015
passionate88:
I am shocked, so Aregbesola and Rochas were tellin lies when they complained that the inability of the FG to pay them their allocation is what's stopping them from paying workers their salaries?... Liars.

No. Their allocations have actually reduced from what it used to be but the FG is not owing them.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by dvee2: 8:28am On May 10, 2015
[quote author=mascot87 post=33589430]

If they are to lose there jobs because of corruption so be it. Nigeria must move forward.
Proudly Yoruba[/quote

Correct, I like people like you ]
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by bobchigar(m): 8:28am On May 10, 2015
If this report is true, it earned me more confidene on our incoming president.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:29am On May 10, 2015
No bailout for states, Rauf Aregbesola must not hear this.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 8:30am On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Them done hustle 4 am (GMB) finish abi?... The time has come for them to know that the masquerade dat dey costumed would turn around to frighten them... It was anticipated.. Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole, fashola etc should start preparing for d shock of their lives.. THE NORTH IS BACK... Like most people would say, THE KING in the NORTH!!!

Dude take a chill pill jor.....so he shld allow them choose his ministers n ambassadors abi?.....u think say na fool him be?......one of d reasons GEJ failed is because of d pple he surrounded himself with....i
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Equado(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2015
gregzone:
Last week I commented on another thread on this meeting wit GMB I said that the outcome of this meeting will have a lot to say about the personality of GMB.
He has once more shown that he is a man of character and integrity, who sees Nigeria to be a greater than any Nigerian and political party.
Please fellow Nigerians let's put our political differences aside and give this man the support and loyalty he deserves, I sincerely think and know for a fact that change has come to stay in Nigeria.
I agree with you even though I voted Gej, I think Gmb is truly what Nigeria need.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by pazienza(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2015
Babacele:
Tinubu, Amaechi, Rocha's, Oshiomole, Fashola et al are the soul of this change n will give GMB mutual support because of the trust they have in him n were even ready to die for GMB despite all PDP odds. GMB knows how to reward loyalty without compromising integrity and justice. Tinubu n co knows how independent-minded GMB is before risking their everything to bring him on to head the most intelligent n smartest cosmopolitan team Nigeria has ever paraded. Anything said here is mere speculation until post May29 bro.

You can't have your cake and eat it. Buhari can't reward Tinubu, Amaechi,etc and still maintain integrity.He must choose one.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 8:34am On May 10, 2015
ocelot2006:

Like the same support given to GEJ during his tenure? Suuuure...
This comment is bathed in sarcasm. Am I wrong??
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by lat55(f): 8:34am On May 10, 2015
#SaiBaba I have always maintained that Nigeria needs firm leadership. Great start
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Ama80(f): 8:35am On May 10, 2015
azpekuliar:
I am beginning to like this man.
if ds really happened then he has my respect henceforth.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Truckpusher(m): 8:35am On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:

kiss kiss
Truth is , if this is what Buhari truly stands for then I'm in 100% unless the usual policy of control and inequality that has always been pursued by the Fulani/Hausa hegemony and their loyal stooges rears its ugly head.

Once there is justice, equity and fairness in any system - No one really care about anyone's ethnicity,creed,region and religion ,but as long as that false foundation exists then there would always be suspicions and distrust.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by eedriyz(m): 8:36am On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Them done hustle 4 am (GMB) finish abi?... The time has come for them to know that the masquerade dat dey costumed would turn around to frighten them... It was anticipated.. Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole, fashola etc should start preparing for d shock of their lives.. THE NORTH IS BACK... Like most people would say, THE KING in the NORTH!!!

Read ya post again dude, you're way off topic. Someone is trying to help us put this country into the right shape, you're here talking about NORTH. Stop being tribalistic nigga

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Truckpusher(m): 8:36am On May 10, 2015
IzonOwei:
This is surely welcomed...being able to make stern decisions and stand by them..buhari should never listen to any of the sitting governors or those to be sworn in after may 29...they are all greedy thieves..shun there proposals and look into the nigerian problem and solve it head on...

They want to recommend ministers when they are all incompetent and useless..this is exactly the same way we were given denzieni that ended up looting and doing nothing for the niger delta...

Buhari shake my hand joor...
Of course they wanted to recommend ministers they can control.

Useless set of thieves calling themselves Governors.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by CyberWolf: 8:38am On May 10, 2015
socialmediaman:

Yeah when you get the press involved to profile all of them with a list of bills sponsored successfully and impact on the economy and fight against corruption, ensure that people are well informed, then make sure the party leadership is very democratic so they will not have automatic tickets if they become unpopular, then ensure the elections are free and fair, definitely some people in high places will start doing their jobs because they'll be competing for every vote based on performance. In any case I don't see much problems between the APC senators and Buhari on implementation of laws because they know very well it was on that stance his government was elected, and if not for that stance, many of them won't get the opportunity to be there..
Very good.. Just that all the policies GMB will make will only affect the politicians negatively and you know how desperate this politicians are..Another big problem are the cabals holding this nation to ransom because some policies that will affect the masses positively will affect the cabals negatively though I know GMB will take the bull by the horn but another problem is the judiciary because this cabals are in possessions of legal documents which they used in holding this country to ransome.. Of course this documents were obtained during the regime of our criminal past leaders which of course saw this past leaders having a stake in the economy at the expense of the masses..How are we gonna deal with this set of people without them running to court to get judgement ?
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ukandi1(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2015
ryd3:
I always insist on being firm in decision making. For the bailout, the general has to probe the Previous govt if he has denied a bailout. They must state how they managed their resources. Secondly, ministers are expected to head changes, so they must be chosen wisely. For this nation to move forward, lets leave politics for politicians and governance to technocrats

i beg to vary from ur opinion. Everybody is a politician, i mean everybody including d school child. We cannot be far from these things anymore cos every single action of these fellows affects everybody in nigeria. I donot believe in Gov telling GMB who to choose or make what. How wise have d gov been so far to choose ministers for GMB? They want to install their ''political alleluia'' boys everywhere to watch their backs abi? I pray everyone shud be involve in ''who does what'' and ''who says what'' as concern everything in nigeria. Leaving politics for politicians, wrong idea..
Leaving governance for technocrats, very wrong idea.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Reference(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2015
Hmmm. Insufficient information but that is not wise. Democracy is all about consultation. No politician can isolate his decisions or insulate his ideas. Democracy works by numbers, it is a net, a sum of all. If he wishes to test the structural integrity of his party, fine, the constitution supports him. But it is not the constitution that voted him in. Striking the right balance is wisdom. This is perhaps Buhari's most evident weakness he must work on. It cost him in the eighties.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Namdez: 8:41am On May 10, 2015
tonytony208:

Is this what you guys use to deceive yourself? Your point of view is even full of aberration. The issue of integrity is not by being a general; it is personal. Dora akuyili was never in the military, yet Nigerians can vow of her integrity and am certain there are many Igbo's that are still living on integrity. Gani fawehinmi was Yoruba and was a man of integrity. And am certain there will be a number of Yoruba's still living on integrity. Stop commenting like a myopic person. Integrity is neither by tribe nor by being a general. It is personal.
thank you for responding to the post of the halusinating folk.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by chernest2002: 8:42am On May 10, 2015
He did well rejecting them,but lets pray he is not planning to do it the northern way,where a carpenter becomes minister for health and a farmer become minister for finance,while a primary school drop out is made a general in the army,prayers all the time.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Reference(m): 8:42am On May 10, 2015
ukandi1:

i beg to vary from ur opinion. Everybody is a politician, i mean everybody including d school child. We cannot be far from these things anymore cos every single action of these fellows affects everybody in nigeria. I donot believe in Gov telling GMB who to choose or make what. How wise have d gov been so far to choose ministers for GMB? They want to install their ''political alleluia'' boys everywhere to watch their backs abi? I pray everyone shud be involve in ''who does what'' and ''who says what'' as concern everything in nigeria. Leaving politics for politicians, wrong idea..
Leaving governance for technocrats, very wrong idea.

You're right but you have to get appointees from somewhere. What the governors are saying is that the ordinary people live in States not in Federal territories so to get Federal footprints in the States they need to interface with familiar faces. There is an argument there. The boundaries between politics and governance must be clearly delineated.

Then there is the argument about strengthening or weakening the powers or influence of the Federal Government. Where does any typical Nigerian stand on that. If Buhari isolates himself in Abuja, he is done for sure. This is a democracy.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by CyberWolf: 8:43am On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:

No. Their allocations have actually reduced from what it used to be but the FG is not owing them.
their debt are being deducted from their allocation..their debt is much that they can't even borrow again..the annoying part is that they have nothing to show for all the money they borrowed..
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by caxim04(m): 8:46am On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
What is wrong with the North coming back?Grow up bro.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by caprini1: 8:47am On May 10, 2015
We've really suffered in the midst of abundance,May God guide the leader(GMB) and impart the best Wisdom to lead us into the reality of enjoying this abundance.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ukandi1(m): 8:49am On May 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
They think GMB is Ebele Wereype or Orji Uzo Kalu.

Baba tell them; 1 Fulani General is equivalent to 9 Yoruba Generals + 360 Igbo Generals + 720 Ijaw Generals grin

Wasted sperms
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by darqly(m): 8:52am On May 10, 2015
tonytony208:

Buhari is only affirming that 50% of Nigeria's problem (or more) are caused by the state governors and that gej isn't to be blamed for everything.

I disagree with your assertion that GEJ isn't to be blamed for everything. The useless governors forum kept boxing GEJ into a corner because he was indebted to them. GMB has already started making them irrelevant by reportedly refusing their demands. Let them face their states and stop trying to run his presidency by proxy. Food for thought- Will GMB send them lists of nominees for state commissioners and permanent secretaries?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by PassingShot(m): 8:52am On May 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
Truth is , if this is what Buhari truly stands for then I'm in 100% unless the usual policy of control and inequality that has always been pursued by the Fulani/Hausa hegemony and their loyal stooges rears its ugly head.

Once there is justice, equity and fairness in any system - No one really care about anyone's ethnicity,creed,region and religion ,but as long as that false foundation exists then there would always be suspicions and distrust.

I have followed and supported Buhari's candidacy for president since 2003 and I can tell you a few things about him.

Do you care to know that GMB is not and has never been the choice of the rich, the affluence, the kingmakers, the very powerful Nigerians in all the times he has run for presidency? It is not a coincidence that he does not enjoy the support of IBB, AbdulSalami, Gowon, OBJ, Tinubu and many more such very powerful and influential Nigerians. They know that what he stands for is a huge threat to their interest. Recall how Tinubu backed out of their alliance in 2011 at the last minute; it was a last minute realization that GMB would not guarantee his interest.

That Tinubu, OBJ and a few others now supported him in 2015 is out of necessity. Giving GMB their ticket was just being smart and responding to yearnings of Nigerians having seen that people were not ready to vote for any other opposition candidate except Buhari.

Brother, Buhari will disappoint a lot of them and he has even started already. Another example is the fact that GMB has given an indication of his readiness to allow the two houses choose their next leaders instead of favouring one over the other. He has said many times that he can work with anyone who emerges as the Senate President and HOR Speaker. In time past, the incoming president (as witnessed during OBJ and GEJ) would have signified their preference and ask their foot soldiers to sell such candidates. But as it stands now, Tinubu is not even sure that any of his candidates will win in both Houses.

I believe GMB will work for Nigeria and not for a few cabals/oligarchs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ACM10: 8:54am On May 10, 2015
Ghen Ghen grin

Rochas and Aregbesola. . .see your life. Ntoor. . .I predict that Buhari will systematically undermine the APC governors, strip them of their power base and render them impotent before 2019.
Babangida summed it up when he said that the reason for overthrowing Buhari was his inability to compromise on issues of national importance. Now he is refusing to cooperate on issue of party importance. The real uncompromising Buhari is unfolding. This is the beginning. We will see how they will tame him in democracy, knowing that they handed all the power structures to the north. We will see the folly of Tinubu and Yoruba gamble. Hope it will not be akin to removing Hitler and replacing with Stalin.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by godoluwa(m): 8:56am On May 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
They think GMB is Ebele Wereype or Orji Uzo Kalu.

Baba tell them; 1 Fulani General is equivalent to 9 Yoruba Generals + 360 Igbo Generals + 720 Ijaw Generals grin
U made a mistake to under rate yoruba. who are the fulani's? the same fulani's that yorubaman cloth, made to reason and act like human. am nt sure u knw dat it waz yorubaman dat makes fulani's become human being
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Truckpusher(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:

I have followed and supported Buhari's candidacy for president since 2003 and I can tell you a few things about him.

Do you care to know that GMB is not and has never been the choice of the rich, the affluence, the kingmakers, the very powerful Nigerians in all the times he has run for presidency? It is not a coincidence that he does not enjoy the support of IBB, AbdulSalami, Gowon, OBJ, Tinubu and many more such very powerful and influential Nigerians. They know that what he stands for is a huge threat to their interest. Recall how Tinubu backed out of their alliance in 2011 at the last minute; it was a last minute realization that GMB would not guarantee his interest.

That Tinubu, OBJ and a few others now supported him in 2015 is out of necessity. Giving GMB their ticket was just being smart and responding to yearnings of Nigerians having seen that people were not ready to vote for any other opposition candidate except Buhari.

Brother, Buhari will disappoint a lot of them and he has even started already. Another example is the fact that GMB has given an indication of his readiness to allow the two houses choose their next leaders instead of favouring one over the other. He has said many times that he can work with anyone who emerges as the Senate President and HOR Speaker. In time past, the incoming president (as witnessed during OBJ and GEJ) would have signified their preference and ask their foot soldiers to sell such candidates. But as it stands now, Tinubu is not even sure that any of his candidates will win in both Houses.

I believe GMB will work for Nigeria and not a few cabals/oligarchs.
You're right but my greatest fear has always been that these guys won't let him do what he wanted

I pray to God to see him through, fighting against institutionalized grand theft like we have in Nigeria is a big risk. Let's see how he does that with the too many criminals that bankrolled his election.

Tomorrow is pregnant.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Kxke(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2015
Am jst loving this…If General Buhari can't wage a good fight against corruption and its 'siblings' in the polity ,then no other person would. Sai Buhari!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Governors Turn Govt Houses To Sex Havens: Punch / Sanwo-Olu To Meet The Boy In The “Mummy Calm Down “ Video / Abandoned Vice President Residence: Weeds, Reptiles Take Over Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.