Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (73733 Views)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ukandi1(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2015
caxim04:

What is wrong with the North coming back?Grow up bro.

Everything is wrong. They have been there for too long and 100yrs after amalgamation, where are we? Other tried hands from south south and south west may not have done well to d admiration of all, but its only wise that other regions be tried as well before it goes to north. Nigeria is bigger than d north or any part of nigeria.
However, lets not derail d thread.
Sai buhari..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by godoluwa(m): 8:58am On May 10, 2015
ndcide:
The president-elect was also said to have
rejected the call for a bailout for the states that
have been unable to pay salaries, with a source
informing Sunday Tribune that the General flatly
rejected the proposal, saying the he was aware
the Federal Government was not owing the states
their allocations.

To all APC supporters who don't ask their governors questions, but concentrate on GEJ.

ditto Osun state.
AREGBESOLA OLE!!! despite milking Osun state dry, he looks lyk person wey HIV/AIDS don destroy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ALISMILE(m): 8:58am On May 10, 2015
Am seeing signs that dis man was sent frm hhigh heavens!Govnors ve been submittin nominess since 1999 witout anytin to show for it!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ALISMILE(m): 9:03am On May 10, 2015
ukandi1:

Everything is wrong. They have been there for too long and 100yrs after amalgamation, where are we? Other tried hands from south south and south west may not have done well to d admiration of all, but its only wise that other regions be tried as well before it goes to north. Nigeria is bigger than d north or any part of nigeria.
Idiiot am frm d sS too! U need to knw its nt *bout region! Wake up foool!If its abouy region den d last 16 yrs wud ve brot evrty gud to d South
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 9:05am On May 10, 2015
And these govs have been lying all along, accusing this administration of not giving them their allocation;aregbesola and co.hmmmm!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by PassingShot(m): 9:05am On May 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're right but my greatest fear has always been that these guys won't let him do what he wanted

I pray to God to see him through, fighting against institutionalized grand theft like we have in Nigeria is a big risk. Let's see how he does that with the too many criminals that bankrolled his election.

Tomorrow is pregnant.

Yeah! Tomorrow is pregnant indeed.

Talking about satisfying those who bankrolled his campaign, I have also thought about it many times. My conclusion is that those guys (the Tinubus and co) can do genuine business with the FG and make legitimate money and there will not be anything wrong in that.

GMB knows that he staked his integrity to become the president and he will surely fight to protect his name and impress Nigeria.

He surely needs our prayers to succeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by philips70(m): 9:06am On May 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
I do not need your validation of any kind my friend - I speak according to my understanding of the basic truth.

So, go fucck yourself for all I care.

grin grin grin I don't need your appreciation either. Just happy to see a lost soul making sense for the first time by using the centre of his brains. Just recover it totally and keep all sectional sentiments to support this man that means well for everyone. Very soon you all will hear the one he will do to the northern establishment who are not in tune with his dreams anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by papaejima1: 9:07am On May 10, 2015
This is the gospel according to sunday tribune.
Who is to say it is not pure propaganda to launder the image of Buhari and make the public start behaving exactly the way you guys are behaving?

I will wait until the ministers are appointed first before I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ukandi1(m): 9:08am On May 10, 2015
ALISMILE:
Idiiot am frm d sS too! U need to knw its nt *bout region! Wake up foool!If its abouy region den d last 16 yrs wud ve brot evrty gud to d South

Hmmmmnnnn.... I see how wise u are.. Is it about south now or nigeria in general? And does nigeria not have regions? And in d spirit of fairness, is it inappropriate for d leadership of d nation to rotate?
U be real Wasted sperms
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by spacohill3(m): 9:08am On May 10, 2015
At least I didn't waste my vote.when you Fighting corruption you dont need to favour or reward anybody at de detriment of your personal integrity.
I know you won't disappoint thousands of us who worked for you cos we so much believe in your uprightness.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Truckpusher(m): 9:09am On May 10, 2015
philips70:

grin grin grin I don't need your appreciation either. Just happy to see a lost soul making sense for the first time by using the centre of his brains. Just recover it totally and keep all sectional sentiments to support this man that means well for everyone. Very soon you all will hear the one he will do to the northern establishment who are not in tune with his dreams anyway.
Yeye boy tongue

Well, all we can do right now is to wish him luck and pray for him because I do not personally expect any man to be dinning with the Tinubus and co and still maintain his sanity. grin
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by tmtech: 9:09am On May 10, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

.N u think APC abi states apc exco will nominate people who didnt contribute to the party's success for ministerrial appointment?
if na so u think bobo u don fail.
at the end na still states go nominate ministers give buhari, so what happens if like 60percent of nominees are inclined to one field and r sound, will u suggest buhari to reject them?
U don't jst use a post of minister to compensate pple, wif d level of education of pple for naija, dia is noffing wrong nominating 100% technocrats.. Buhari should consider dia list on d ground of competence of such nominees.. Cos even if u av a good heart, without d required technical-know-how, u won't do much....
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Truckpusher(m): 9:10am On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:

Yeah! Tomorrow is pregnant indeed.

Talking about satisfying those who bankrolled his campaign, I have also thought about it many times. My conclusion is that those guys (the Tinubus and co) can do genuine business with the FG and make legitimate money and there will not be anything wrong in that.

GMB knows that he staked his integrity to become the president and he will surely fight to protect his name and impress Nigeria.

He surely need our prayers to succeed.
We are waiting - We really need someone to take on these too many fat cats that cuts across all regions of this great nation

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Psalmmie001(m): 9:13am On May 10, 2015
kayciano:
They think BUHARI is T. A ORJI...
In fact, GEJ till BUHARI messes them up.
OGa,, wake up!!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 9:14am On May 10, 2015
tonytony208:

Is this what you guys use to deceive yourself? Your point of view is even full of aberration. The issue of integrity is not by being a general; it is personal. Dora akuyili was never in the military, yet Nigerians can vow of her integrity and am certain there are many Igbo's that are still living on integrity. Gani fawehinmi was Yoruba and was a man of integrity. And am certain there will be a number of Yoruba's still living on integrity. Stop commenting like a myopic person. Integrity is neither by tribe nor by being a general. It is personal.
Kudos to you for that epic response

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Gbawe: 9:16am On May 10, 2015
pazienza:

You can't have your cake and eat it. Buhari can't reward Tinubu, Amaechi,etc and still maintain integrity.He must choose one.

Buhari can "reward" Tinubu, Amaechi et al and retain his integrity. It is about others stepping up to Buhari's level to then ensure they only approach him with their nominees if those can pass Buhari's thorough tests of integrity, dedication to service and ability. Buhari accepted Tinubu's choice of Osinbajo as his VP because the General realized that Osinbajo is a meritorious asset to his Presidency and a superb deputy.

Tinubu, Amaechi, Okorocha et al know the character of GMB before they swung behind him fully and uncompromisingly. Anyone who thinks those men are about 'business as usual' is simply not reading the mood of the nation to note that even politicians want change and are fed up of Nigeria as currently constituted. If Tinubu, Amaechi and others approach GMB with the names of competent technocrats, leaders and proven achievers, as I am sure they would do anyway, then Buhari would certainly be happy to work with their nominees.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by IYANGBALI: 9:18am On May 10, 2015
gregzone:
Last week I commented on another thread on this meeting wit GMB I said that the outcome of this meeting will have a lot to say about the personality of GMB.
He has once more shown that he is a man of character and integrity, who sees Nigeria to be a greater than any Nigerian and political party.
Please fellow Nigerians let's put our political differences aside and give this man the support and loyalty he deserves, I sincerely think and know for a fact that change has come to stay in Nigeria.
that was why we voted for him. He can't be pushed around like the shoeless man from otuoke. Change has come,no more business as usual. Sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by socialmediaman: 9:21am On May 10, 2015
Well I'm not an expert on judicial process but it's a gradual process, when reforms are carried out in the judiciary, running to the court to get reprieve will no longer save you if you've done something wrong, moreover the courts operate under the ambients of the law.. Laws are there to protect people's rights but also catch up with law breakers. Still on the issue of trying to play on the system, For instance, if you used to run to the court to get an indefinite "stay of execution" order that prevents you from being investigated indefinitely, if a reform in the judiciary now states you can no longer do that for more than a period of time, say 1 month etc, then justice will definitely find you.. We have ways of appealing such judgements too, moreover if you cannot establish evidence that says you're being witch hunted, then you won't be granted such. Judicial reforms are usually extensive and they take into consideration all possible known ways which people use to slow down the system or ways in which the authorities also use to abuse the law, so it will all be taken care of, there are civil rights groups too watching, there are judicial panel teams too reviewing cases which raise dust etc so we will get there once the right steps are taken...

CyberWolf:
Very good.. Just that all the policies GMB will make will only affect the politicians negatively and you know how desperate this politicians are..Another big problem are the cabals holding this nation to ransom because some policies that will affect the masses positively will affect the cabals negatively though I know GMB will take the bull by the horn but another problem is the judiciary because this cabals are in possessions of legal documents which they used in holding this country to ransome.. Of course this documents were obtained during the regime of our criminal past leaders which of course saw this past leaders having a stake in the economy at the expense of the masses..How are we gonna deal with this set of people without them running to court to get judgement ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Papishi(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2015
BlackTechnology:
The major difference between Buhari and GEJ is

GEJ listening ears makes him a times yield to things he knows are not right just to carry everyone along

Buhari on the other hand would pursue a course once his mind is made up. Even when the all world is begging him to change course. cool

Yorubas don't think Buhari can be easily manipulated to accomplish you guys selfish desire of getting the oil wealth of Nigeria and the presidency through him.

Yorubas don't think that you guys decide who rules Nigeria. An alliance of NW/NE and SE/SS with a divided NC will see you guys in the political dustbin of Nigeria.

Yorubas this change will hunt and hurt you guys the way it did to the Igbos who never understood that the key to national greatness is the unity of Southern Nigeria

Baba One Chance

Baba Aladdin with his Jinni lamp

Baba Of Excuses

Baba of Chameleons

Duara Magician

G= Great

M= Magical

B= Baba

When are you probing Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku etc

grin grin grin

A Tiger ( Buhari) will forever remain a Tiger and can never be controlled by hyenas( Tinubu OBJ Rochas etc) cool

A derange.d Bulldog on the loose again. Abeg get a life. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by philips70(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
Yeye boy tongue

Well, all we can do right now is to wish him luck and pray for him because I do not personally expect any man to be dinning with the Tinubus and co and still maintain his sanity. grin

Unfortunately the Tinubus pervades Nigeria political environment. But I salute his sagacity and being one of the engines that drove us towards this much-needed change if Buhari brings it. Many people in his shoes will think of themselves alone. We have many of them in the south south here.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by NewNigeriaMind: 9:24am On May 10, 2015
This is a welcome development, one of the major error of gej was allowing governors chose minister and after a while the governors hijacked his government with their anointed minister.

In fact this is unconstitutional, governors choosing ministers for the president, that's the prerogative of the governor.

As such, rochas and the rest should go and govern their states, make sure they deliver good governance go the states.

We can't be shouting change and be doing things the way dpd was doing.things.

This is indeed a welcome development.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Raymysterio(m): 9:24am On May 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
They think GMB is Ebele Wereype or Orji Uzo Kalu.

Baba tell them; 1 Fulani General is equivalent to 9 Yoruba Generals + 360 Igbo Generals + 720 Ijaw Generals grin

You are nothing but a Product of a Leaking Condom.
Bastardor!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Edokpia: 9:25am On May 10, 2015
I did not vote buhari, but now am begining to regret my action,buhari is the best thing that would happen to nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Reference(m): 9:27am On May 10, 2015
ACM10:
Ghen Ghen grin

Rochas and Aregbesola. . .see your life. Ntoor. . .I predict that Buhari will systematically undermine the APC governors, strip them of their power base and render them impotent before 2019.
Babangida summed it up when he said that the reason for overthrowing Buhari was his inability to compromise on issues of national importance. Now he is refusing to cooperate on issue of party importance. The real uncompromising Buhari is unfolding. This is the beginning. We will see how they will tame him in democracy, knowing that they handed all the power structures to the north. We will see the folly of Tinubu and Yoruba gamble. Hope it will not be akin to removing Hitler and replacing with Stalin.

Well in a democracy there are many power tools at the hands of everyone. A working democracy is a system of checks and balances. That is why I am watching. He will soon need the governors and the pendulum will swing again. Everything will reach an equilibrium of sorts or the system breaks down. Autocracy cannot work no matter how people cheer him on.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by kaythinks(m): 9:27am On May 10, 2015
chacoonder:
I am in total support of GMB's hard stance on this. Gone are the days when ministers or public office holders are imposed on the president simply because they all belong to the same political party. GMB should single-handedly choose people of impeccable character who he feels are ready to serve this nation selflessly and with dignity. The era of nepotism in our political system is dead & buried.
because he single handedly elected himself abi?
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by NewNigeriaMind: 9:28am On May 10, 2015
tmtech:

U don't jst use a post of minister to compensate pple, wif d level of education of pple for naija, dia is noffing wrong nominating 100% technocrats.. Buhari should consider dia list on d ground of competence of such nominees.. Cos even if u av a good heart, without d required technical-know-how, u won't do much....

I am sure buhari can identify talents on his own, except where he makes the demand, these governors should focus on their states.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Truckpusher(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2015
philips70:

Unfortunately the Tinubus pervades Nigeria political environment. But I salute his sagacity and being one of the engines that drove us towards this much-needed change if Buhari brings it. Many people in his shoes will think of themselves alone. We have many of them in the south south here.
Suddenly Tinubu is becoming a saint in your eyes? grin....smh

That Jesus was betrayed by Judas to achieve his mission of bringing redemption to mankind doesn't still make Judas a saint.

Shut up already and stop calling on Tinubu whose major aim was to be close to Aso Rock, even if it means going into bed with strange bedfellows. tongue

I pray that Buhari should strangle the old criminal and his cohorts once and for all.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ukandi1(m): 9:33am On May 10, 2015
Reference:

You're right but you have to get appointees from somewhere. What the governors are saying is that the ordinary people live in States not in Federal territories so to get Federal footprints in the States they need to interface with familiar faces. There is an argument there. The boundaries between politics and governance must be clearly delineated.

Then there is the argument about strengthening or weakening the powers or influence of the Federal Government. Where does any typical Nigerian stand on that. If Buhari isolates himself in Abuja, he is done for sure. This is a democracy.

i agree wit u. But u know that its only wise u hire somebody u can fire. That means u do d hiring urself and not people doing it for u. How much of these people does buhari know, i mean their tract records or acceptance by thier people? They can only suggest. I bet u, it would stil be d same old cargo from these states who worked for d victory of their govnor that would be compensated as nominees. We need real change. Buhari shud be sworn in first and then he can begin d consultations not just wit d govn but also wit d senators elects, party affiliation immaterial at dis stage.
Govns cannot claim to care for the ordinary people when most of them move their offices to ABJ and run their states affair from there. They just want to be politically relevant for life.
Sadly, there is no such boundary between politics and governance in Nigeria. Only on extreme cases do u see a PDP Govn appointing an APC stalwalt into his cabinet. I think Buhari knows how to get those to work with him. Govns shud concentrate on their states affairs

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Gbawe: 9:34am On May 10, 2015
philips70:

Well-said. The Northern elite class are part of those that have vehemently opposed the ambition of Buhari the most because they know he will certainly end 'business as usual' for them. I laugh when some bitter and hateful folks begin talking of "born to rule North" will now "deal" with Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas et al. They think Buhari will now suddenly begin siding with and doing the bidding of the likes of Ciroma et al merely because they are all Northerners.

These hateful "fulani/Hausa will deal with Tinubu et al" brigade do not realize that Buhari is not part of the "born to rule" class. Those sort hanker for power to drive $500,000.00 Bugattis in the midst of grinding poverty. Buhari wants power so he can uplift and dignify the 'talakawas'. It is his own fellow Northerners , many with 'closed' mindset of anti-people tyranny, Buhari will deal with the most because Buhari will understand that the fight to 'liberate' the North must be an uncompromising one.

The North, more than any other region, typifies the perception of Nigeria as a nation where a few luxuriate in garish opulence while majority deal with excruciating poverty. Buhari will not be unaware of this and what he must do to begin giving the ordinary Northerners "teach a man to fish" opportunities. These people view Buhari as god and believe in him so much. If Buhari is to deliver for them then he will surely know what he has to do and I think he does. It will be "shape up or ship out" for many in the North under Buhari. All political leaders who are pro-people, whether in the North, SW, SE or SS, have nothing to fear from Buhari.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by excelbeing099(m): 9:35am On May 10, 2015
That's my man! Sai Baba!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Omotayor123(f): 9:36am On May 10, 2015
This news sweetened my Belle. Just Love dis Man...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Omotayor123(f): 9:36am On May 10, 2015
This news sweetened my Belle. Just Love dis Man...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Governors Turn Govt Houses To Sex Havens: Punch / Sanwo-Olu To Meet The Boy In The “Mummy Calm Down “ Video / Abandoned Vice President Residence: Weeds, Reptiles Take Over Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.