Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,144 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter (40372 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 / Old Photo Of Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo With Clotheless Pupils Of A Local School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by kendrick9(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2015
oneeaast:
is it true he commited suicide?
yes...

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by oneeaast: 1:18pm On May 10, 2015
kendrick9:
yes...
how ?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by TheFreeOne: 1:21pm On May 10, 2015
He used that helicopter for his campaigns during the elections. That was the first time I saw him and I felt honoured listening to his party manifestos, policies, plans though as a young boy when he visited my hometown.

AWO is incomparable with any nigerian politician, he's a visionary way above his peer. Hate or love him he's a true leader not like the present bunch of jokers pretending to be progressives.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by kendrick9(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2015
oneeaast:
how ?
dunno how, but it seems lyk he took poison
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Adekorya: 1:32pm On May 10, 2015
kendrick9:
even in grave,there will be no peace for him.... he was a a wicked human being

u r free to travel Beyond to confirm weather there is peace for him or not.

I've said it so many tyms dat Any tribe dat av issue with Awo are free to travel to heaven to settle their case with him.

Bunches of fools holding grudge against person wey don die since.

9 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:
So he actually bought a plane with the money he stole from Biafrans from the proceeds of his 20pounds evil policy to render Igbos moneyless after the war?

Hell Fire must provide awolowo a vista to peruse the successes of the Igbo people he did all to humiliate.

No peace for the wicked.

Olodo. Those pictures were before biafra.
Ignorance is bliss.

9 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Adekorya: 2:08pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:
So the corrupt thief bought himself a helicopter eeh?
Despite all that, he was still jailed and allowed to rot until he finally did the world a favour amd killed himself.
I hope the black hilter is enjoying hell. #spits and shit on his grave

The thread is for our western hero who never lead his pple to slaughter and who is also not foolish to d extent of giving us tree to fight with a well armed soldiers.

Blame the man that sent this small kids out to fight well trained soldiers, not a man dats sensed stupidity in his movement and decided to protect his own region and pple.

By the way how, why did a well trained soldier (Ojukwu) got outsmart by ordinary bloody civilian (Awo)?

11 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OneNaira6: 2:25pm On May 10, 2015
Adekorya:

The thread is for our western hero who never lead his pple to slaughter and who is also not foolish to d extent of giving us tree to fight with a well armed soldiers.

Blame the man that sent this small kids out to fight well trained soldiers, not a man dats sensed stupidity in his movement and decided to protect his own region and pple.

By the way how, why did a well trained soldier (Ojukwu) got outsmart by ordinary bloody civilian (Awo)?

And those small, less trained kids, still fought and killed more of your "well trained military" than they did them. Till the point the "well trained" military went after civilians to compensate on their lack of number os soliders killed in comparison to them. Hahahaha. Ojukwu left in other to come back and continue fight and not only that, he stood up and fought for three years in comparison to every yoruba leader that cried like a B1tch anytime caught for anytime. Even a well know yoruba general cried like a baby when Abacha discovered his coup plot. Mind ypu, a gun shot didn't even go off nor did Abacha threaten his life. Likewise, similar to how your Obas took money and looked the way when abiola was murdered in cold blood by your masters.

At least ojukwu stood his ground when his people nerd him the most, left, came back and had more recognition than even your awo. Lmao

Btw: awo outsmarted who? You mean suggesting starvation to civilians iis an act of "outsmart". Where I'm from, that suggest is known as the cowards way out. Unable to reduce the fighting spirit of the biafran soliders despite going after their civilians than them, your awo created an easy way out, blocking the airways of both ways to get into Biafra thus removing their importation from other nation therefore inducing "starvation" to weaken their fighting spirit. There's no strategy whatsoever informed in that siggestion. It's a common act of weaklings. Even a retarded monkey cab come up with exact same plan.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 10, 2015
"...Instead of workers, we have officials.
Instead or motorcycle, na helicopter..."
-- Fela
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by elegundeblaze(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2015
undecidedChaii.......I wonder wetin d helicopter go turn to assuming d old man dey dz our generation...?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by hunri(m): 3:27pm On May 10, 2015
kendrick9:
even in grave,there will be no peace for him.... he was a a wicked human being
you will soon join him... you slowpoke...

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by GodwinTobi(m): 3:28pm On May 10, 2015
Helicopter then that means by now he would have had 14 private jets and an airport by now..... When d country is corrupt what can d incorruptible do?....MODIFY.... When d foundation is bad what can d righteous do.....?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:
So he actually bought a plane with the money he stole from Biafrans from the proceeds of his 20pounds evil policy to render Igbos moneyless after the war?

Hell Fire must provide awolowo a vista to peruse the successes of the Igbo people he did all to humiliate.

No peace for the wicked.

You are a big reetard.

When your goatee oracle dragged you to a war you can't win, you didn't complain. Just when you lost everything, y'all started bitching like asssholes.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by cold(m): 3:31pm On May 10, 2015
This kind of thread breeds nothing but hate and acrimony
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Hero10001: 3:37pm On May 10, 2015
I was there when he landed in this bird @ Dairy farm school complex, agege in 1985.
Can anyone attest to this?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Makapounse(m): 3:37pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:

No peace for the wicked.
i don't know why igbo people hate this great man, if ojukwu and effiong didn't call for war , there wil no war in our great country. All blame is on those who thought they greater than nigeria which resulted in to 30 months civil war, nigeria must be 1 and nigeria must great

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by tartar9(m): 3:41pm On May 10, 2015
tuk2ato:
He was even braver in death than your War hero that abandoned you for exile in Ivory Coast.
and in a woman's clothes

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by gabbytabby: 3:42pm On May 10, 2015
The Mods needs to shut them down as soon as they open up. Its truly sickening the way they carry on.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by zimoni(f): 3:43pm On May 10, 2015
God Bless Awo Baba.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OneNaira6: 3:43pm On May 10, 2015
GodwinTobi:
Helicopter then that means by now he would have had 14 private jets and an airport by now..... When d country is corrupt what can d incorruptible do?....MODIFY.... When d foundation is bad what can d righteous do.....?

He was corruption personified. WE can see that now. Despite being a man from a pamper background, he was able to purchase a helicopter. No wonder he introduced tribalism in Nigerian politics and still assisted his people in stealing the common wealth of others. It makes so much sense while, out of all Nigerian politicians known and caught for corruption be it outside of Nigeria or in Nigeria, Yoruba dominates the list. If even their most cherished "Awolowo" was a corrupt thief, how do you expect the offspring to have some form of development without looting, blackmailing, and cunningly stealing from others. Nothing about those people are ever decent, just fraudulent everywhere from them. #spits on the floor. such a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OneNaira6: 3:45pm On May 10, 2015
Makapounse:

i don't know why igbo people hate this great man, if ojukwu and effiong didn't call for war , there wil no war in our great country. All blame is on those who thought they greater than nigeria which resulted in to 30 months civil war, nigeria must be 1 and nigeria must great

Stop trying to modify history. Neither Ojukwu or Effiong declared war. Nigeria declared war on them and invaded them; both effiong and ojukwu were fighting in defense, not offense.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by tochstorm(m): 3:49pm On May 10, 2015
#respect for awolowo...... stop d #-tag n tell me how this influenced nigeria positively cos me no know o.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Eshinwaju: 3:49pm On May 10, 2015
this is why I say,......this scourge called iboes must be dealt with..... grin..lies has become truth.....for dem....Awo suicide Soon...another Achebe will write this in a book .......n .......twenty yrs from now....some suffering iboe boy selling gala in Ogbomosho ......will be arguing on 9raland that this is true

Yoruba ronu......the inferiority complex n hatred is deep.... cheesy...let us start educating our brodas........iboe is bad news for anybody.....drugs..kidnapping....fake medicine......prostitution.....racketeering........armed robbery......dirtiness.......greed.....wrong values......murderers.....cheating.....etc...this is their speciality..... angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Adekorya: 3:51pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

And those small, less trained kids, still fought and killed more of your "well trained military" than they did them. Till the point the "well trained" military went after civilians to compensate on their lack of number os soliders killed in comparison to them. Hahahaha. Ojukwu left in other to come back and continue fight and not only that, he stood up and fought for three years in comparison to every yoruba leader that cried like a B1tch anytime caught for anytime. Even a well know yoruba general cried like a baby when Abacha discovered his coup plot. Mind ypu, a gun shot didn't even go off nor did Abacha threaten his life. Likewise, similar to how your Obas took money and looked the way when abiola was murdered in cold blood by your masters.

At least ojukwu stood his ground when his people nerd him the most, left, came back and had more recognition than even your awo. Lmao

Btw: awo outsmarted who? You mean suggesting starvation to civilians iis an act of "outsmart". Where I'm from, that suggest is known as the cowards way out. Unable to reduce the fighting spirit of the biafran soliders despite going after their civilians than them, your awo created an easy way out, blocking the airways of both ways to get into Biafra thus removing their importation from other nation therefore inducing "starvation" to weaken their fighting spirit. There's no strategy whatsoever informed in that siggestion. It's a common act of weaklings. Even a retarded monkey cab come up with exact same plan.

U Shot urself right in the leg

Awo is the leader of Yorubas. Meaning he's the one to decide under which tent we will b , and after he saw dat the Giants countries didn't recognized ur so called state and as a wise man, he know dat u r bound to loose no matter how Long u hold on.

As a gud leader dat dnt wanna risk the life of his pple (unlike ur Ojukwu) he then choose another tent instead of urs.

In case u don't knw ur so called state was formally recognised by
Gabon, Haiti, Côte d'Ivoire, Tanzania,
and Zambia.

The above countries dat recognized u are not dat supper power to fear ur opposition, u folks still expect Awo to take ur side?

I really appreciate the man for not taking ur side because if he do so my father or mother cld av died which wld av stop my existence.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by PapiWata: 3:51pm On May 10, 2015
Back in the 1960s, just as today, helicopters and small aircraft have been available all over the world for CHARTER, meaning that a picture showing some politician standing beside a helicopter does NOT amount to proof that the person in the picture was ever the OWNER of that, or of any other helicopter. Such a picture only suggests that the helicopter was rented for a short term, which would have been a prudent choice of transportation even today, given the general state of Nigerian roads, and her traffic anarchy in 2015.

For those to whom the mere mention of the Awolowo name triggers medical emergencies, I would only suggest that you look for constructive hobbies such as postage stamp collecting, poetry or train-spotting, to occupy your time in a far more productive manner than is possible if you exert yourself rephrasing previously aired grievances well past the point at which such whimpering ceases to be entertaining, as it merges with the rest of the background noise that often accompanies rational discourse here.

Men like Chief Awolowo, and Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu were highly educated, brave and innovative icons of their time as Nigerian history makers, whose names will be invoked in universal reverence tinged with sparse and now insignificant revilement, for generations to come. That is for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by mannyU: 3:59pm On May 10, 2015
Evil man!
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 10, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You have just proven beyond reasonable doubt that your brain is smaller than a clit0ris

I love your signature gringringrin
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Adekorya: 4:01pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

Stop trying to modify history. Neither Ojukwu or Effiong declared war. Nigeria declared war on them and invaded them; both effiong and ojukwu were fighting in defense, not offense.

He declared the war wen he decided to seeded some states which are actually part of Nigeria away all in the name of.

In case u dnt knw Nigeria system will never give rum to secession on easy term
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Reference(m): 4:02pm On May 10, 2015
richidinho:
I tot they were not corrupt to av used this kind of luxury, he could have ride on bicycle

Once again, corruption as defined in Nigeria 'is what the other man is doing or has done'. Specifically, if your interests are at cross purposes. Corruption did not start today. It will not end tomorrow. I repeat, it is not the most important problem Nigeria has.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:

No peace for the wicked.

bros hw far, belike you 8 awolowo Ooo, its jst greediness tat killing Nigeria, if Awo really wanted Odua republic e would have done it 1967, bt oil greed nor let am go, same goes to ojukwu if e really wanted Biafra e 4 nor touch Any SS region, e 4 jst cut Only Igbo land take I bet u Gowon 4 let am b, bt I tell u d truth Nigeria can't do without SS.. May God judge a those tat committed war crime killing Innocent children and women(90% Igbo) all in d name of 1 Nigeria , Na force to dey 1 Naija ? mtcheewe, ... may there soul rest in peace,

bt I like awolowo sha e get brain

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by amarachi06(f): 4:03pm On May 10, 2015
tuk2ato:
He was even braver in death than your War hero that abandoned you for exile in Ivory Coast.

Biko kwa lsi na Awolowo committed suicide?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo Baked Daughter Oluwadamilola's Wedding Cake / Nigeria Will Be Africa's First Global Superpower - Report / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.