Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,459 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter (40374 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 / Old Photo Of Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo With Clotheless Pupils Of A Local School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by darejem4real: 7:49pm On May 10, 2015
Good
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by tuk2ato(m): 7:59pm On May 10, 2015
Do I look ibo to you?
amarachi06:

Biko kwa lsi na Awolowo committed suicide?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by chichukwu: 8:10pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:

Accursed oaf.

Your progenitor awolowo committed suicide, do the same and relieve yourself of that abject misery.

Mod are you not gonna ban this eediot?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by bruno419(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2015
Rotimi47:
You!
aw cheesy
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Mccullum: 8:22pm On May 10, 2015
Great Awo, eithers the haters like him or not he still remain the best among his contemporaries from other regions during their period,? the only man in the world that managed the economy of his nation as minister of finance for 3 years war without borrowing kobo from any nation or int'l organisation, he's best president Nigeria never had. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by abdul123(m): 8:43pm On May 10, 2015
Eboes when would u learn.. When... I just wish.... Bloodshed... Carnage... Absolute destruction.... Sudden deaths.... Apocalypse can all occur right now in the erosion ravaged re region maybe it will engage you guys a little while than hate filled comments
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by illiad: 8:50pm On May 10, 2015
chichukwu:

Mod are you not gonna ban this eediot?
Calling for mods, shoulda called your slavemasters.
One on one and I'll take your slavemasters back to Senegal whence they came.
Miserable cockroach!
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by zudozz: 8:53pm On May 10, 2015
cow ard !!!!!
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by absoluteSuccess: 8:54pm On May 10, 2015
Baba rere, mo seba o.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by absoluteSuccess: 9:00pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:

Miserable cockroach!
No one need stops or threat you, given what you habour about the Yoruba. It is an effective poison on its own. You can't bear such on a blessed heart, and you can't expect otherwise from a heart not blessed.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by gratieao: 9:08pm On May 10, 2015
Awo betrayed the Igbos to please his slave masters, who later turned the heat on him. Northerner leaders’ve given prominent Yoruba men an overdose of humiliation that will last them a life time despite using them to fight the civil war.

Did Awo die a fulfilled man? NO ……the Hausa Fulani whose interest he severed during the civil war sent him to grave. Jakande was used by IBB to rope Awo into treasonable felony …Awo later committed suicide.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by dubaino(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2015
I was his pilot then
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Actjulius: 10:03pm On May 10, 2015
gratieao:
Awo betrayed the Igbos to please his slave masters, who later turned the heat on him. Northerner leaders’ve given prominent Yoruba men an overdose of humiliation that will last them a life time despite using them to fight the civil war.

Did Awo die a fulfilled man? NO ……the Hausa Fulani whose interest he severed during the civil war sent him to grave. Jakande was used by IBB to rope Awo into treasonable felony …Awo later committed suicide.
Igbo kwenu! Your hatred will only hinder you

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by hadizasaf: 10:38pm On May 10, 2015
See memories
I think I was a kid when he visited out state and landed in our police barrack in one of the norther states
I can't describe how I felt that day

I WISH OUR LEADERS REALLY UNDERSTAND THAT THE YOUNG ONES ARE VERY IMPRESSIONABLE

I BELIVE THAT SOMEDAY SOMEHOW NIGERIA WILL GET IT RIGHT AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by chichukwu: 1:40am On May 11, 2015
illiad:

Miserable cockroach!

You don't wanna start with me, one on one I will finish you I swear.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Demayour: 2:55am On May 11, 2015
i don't know why these days the information you get on nairaland is always the one that will make you feel pathetic. I know most things we write are usually what we felt deep down our inside. According to a poet,the ability to read and write is one of the major differences between human beings and animals. For once,if we are able to read and write,why don't we read history from other people's perspectives instead of being parochial and one sided. If you study Nigeria's history from individual perspectives of Ojukwu,Achebe or Awolowo himself,you will discover differences in what those three will tell you. One of those ways the Europeans enslaved us and are still enslaving us is because we don't analyse situations or see things from other perspectives.
Moreover, for all those justifying Awolowo or Ojukwu's actions, were you there when they were making their decisions or did they seek your consent before deciding for their various tribes.
Imagine if i can't read Ngozi Adichie's book because she is an Igbo or Achebe's work because he wrote against Awolowo.
According to a Prof. educated persons are those people who can combined the positive skills and attitudes they have learned for the betterment of themselves and the progress of their society.Now most comments i have read so far is just portraying the fact that most people just go to school to go and learn how to read and write.Most are illiteraly educated. I wonder if we can ever develop with all this.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by NigerMan1: 5:09am On May 11, 2015
Mccullum:
Great Awo, eithers the haters like him or not he still remain the best among his contemporaries from other regions during their period,? the only man in the world that managed the economy of his nation as minister of finance for 3 years war without borrowing kobo from any nation or int'l organisation, he's best president Nigeria never had. RIP

My bro please can you tell the did the rating that CONFIRMED Awo as "the best among his contemporaries from other regions..."

As for financing the war, that was NOT Awo's ingenuity, but OIL was flowing from the Niger Delta. The war was executed from the BILLIONS flowing from the Niger Delta, the reserves home and abroad.

PLUS - huge support were pouring in from powerful countries such as Britain in terms of weapons, trainings and plenty deals for the Fed Govt.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by NigerMan1: 5:13am On May 11, 2015
hadizasaf:
See memories
I think I was a kid when he visited out state and landed in our police barrack in one of the norther states
I can't describe how I felt that day

I WISH OUR LEADERS REALLY UNDERSTAND THAT THE YOUNG ONES ARE VERY IMPRESSIONABLE

I BELIVE THAT SOMEDAY SOMEHOW NIGERIA WILL GET IT RIGHT AGAIN

Bro that was a BIG lie the old generation told the nation via the media. Nigeria NEVER got it right from inception. The evil you say today was actually PLANTED shortly before 1960 and firmly rooted in the 1960s and beyond.

Nigeria was built upon a BAD foundation.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by absoluteSuccess: 5:45am On May 11, 2015
NigerMan1:

My bro please can you tell the did the rating that CONFIRMED Awo as "the best among his contemporaries from other regions..."

As for financing the war, that was NOT Awo's ingenuity, but OIL was flowing from the Niger Delta. The war was executed from the BILLIONS flowing from the Niger Delta, the reserves home and abroad.

PLUS - huge support were pouring in from powerful countries such as Britain in terms of weapons, trainings and plenty deals for the Fed Govt.
I know you.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Paschal55(m): 6:15am On May 11, 2015
Ok... datz to say day Owning of private Flight didn't just start today#Generationalpalava#
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by illiad: 10:09pm On May 11, 2015
chichukwu:

You don't wanna start with me, one on one I will finish you I swear.

Accursed Goat, before you start bleating change your nl name to reflect your miserable tribe.

Yorubbish cockroach usurping people's identity. Give your nonentity self such an identity that would reflect your misery rather than stealing Igbo names.

Once you're done, fall out for field.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by T9ksy(m): 10:04am On May 12, 2015
NigerMan1:

Bro that was a BIG lie the old generation told the nation via the media. Nigeria NEVER got it right from inception. The evil you say today was actually PLANTED shortly before 1960 and firmly rooted in the 1960s and beyond.

Nigeria was built upon a BAD foundation.

@ bolded......................exactly! It was never gonna work. It's an admixture of unusual bedfellows.

It was built on a foundation of greed, suspicions, mistrusts and ethnic sentiments.

Which region craved for this unholy union prior to independence?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by chichukwu: 1:56pm On May 12, 2015
illiad:

Accursed Goat, before you start bleating change your nl name to reflect your miserable tribe.

Yorubbish cockroach usurping people's identity. Give your nonentity self such an identity that would reflect your misery rather than stealing Igbo names.

Once you're done, fall out for field.

Let me and you engage in intellectual debate. It seems you have some complexity.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by illiad: 2:57pm On May 12, 2015
chichukwu:

Let me and you engage in intellectual debate. It seems you have some complexity.

If indeed I have to engage crab in a fight let the crab bear its true identity.

You're from a cockroach yoruba tribe, let your nairaland name reflect your miserable yoruba tribe and I shall engage you.

I am Igbo & proud.
And never shall I trade my tribe for your shitty yoruba tribe.

Bat.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by chichukwu: 10:59pm On May 17, 2015
illiad:

If indeed I have to engage crab in a fight let the crab bear its true identity.

You're from a cockroach yoruba tribe, let your nairaland name reflect your miserable yoruba tribe and I shall engage you.

I am Igbo & proud.
And never shall I trade my tribe for your shitty yoruba tribe.

Bat.

You are a bas.tard Osu. A fool like you won't know there are other tribes apart from Yoruba and igbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Visits Sheha Haiya, Wife Of Dubai Prime Minister (Photo) / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption / UK's Lincoln University Suspends Ekweremadu As Visiting Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.