Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,180 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter (40373 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 / Old Photo Of Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo With Clotheless Pupils Of A Local School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 10, 2015
TheFreeOne:
He used that helicopter for his campaigns during the elections. That was the first time I saw him and I felt honoured listening to his party manifestos, policies, plans though as a young boy when he visited my hometown.

AWO is incomparable with any nigerian politician, he's a visionary way above his peer. Hate or love him he's a true leader not like the present bunch of jokers pretending to be progressives.

awolowo get brain

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by 989900: 4:08pm On May 10, 2015
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Adekorya: 4:09pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

Stop trying to modify history. Neither Ojukwu or Effiong declared war. Nigeria declared war on them and invaded them; both effiong and ojukwu were fighting in defense, not offense.

He declared the war wen he decided to seeded some states which are actually part of Nigeria away .

In case u dnt knw Nigeria system will never give rum to secession on easy term

Assuming its United State Of Nigeria instead of Federal Republic Of Nigeria its will b more easy to seed • (which is why u never gt the support of Giant Countries)• . As in, It will be settle on the round table instead of battle field.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Rotimi47: 4:09pm On May 10, 2015
Young03:
Poverty go to hell
Amen.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OneNaira6: 4:09pm On May 10, 2015
Adekorya:

U Shot urself right in the leg

Awo is the leader of Yorubas. Meaning he's dat will b d one to decide under which tent we will b , and after he saw dat the Giants countries didn't recognized ur so called state and as a wise man, he know dat u r bound to loose no matter how Long u hold on.

As a gud leader dat dnt wanna risk the life of his pple (unlike ur Ojukwu) he then choose another tent instead of urs.

In case u don't knw ur so called state was formally recognised by
Gabon, Haiti, Côte d'Ivoire, Tanzania,
and Zambia.

The above countries dat recognized u are not dat supper power to fear ur opposition, u folks still expect Awo to take ur side?

I really appreciate the man for not taking ur side because if he do so my father or mother cld av died which wld av stop my existence.

LMFAO. Yet that same leader after being used by a younger Gowon and the Nigerian military, he was rounded up like a common criminal and locked up for treason. You actually just verified that your Awolowo was a bonafide olodo. Ojukwu was smart enough to read the handwriting on the walls and even everything he said about Nigeria's future prior to the war is what is happening as we SPEAK. The man saw the future of this shithole of a nation and choose to pull his people out of it before it was too late while your Awolowo decided to be a coward and like cowards are treated, he was used and dumped without one ounce of fear from the leaders he assisted. Funny thing about it all, it was he, awolowo, that voiced the most out of all Nigeria's founding father how the nation is not "one" ironically, when the chance came, he did a complete 360. Anyway, in actuality, I don't think Ojukwu or any Igbo really cares about Awolowo doing a complete 360. Infact, karma dealt with him after wards and continued dealing with his people after wards so nature did his work thus why bother to care. All he ended up just showing ojukwu and other igbos is to take whatever a yoruba man says lightly. I am grateful awo did want he did. His act single handily opened the eyes of every igbo man, woman and child about you people thus, without him most of us will still be deluding ourselves in Zik's philosophy of "African unity".

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Ijaya123: 4:12pm On May 10, 2015
Why are some set of people here so full of hatred? They are even twisting facts to suit their sentiment. This Àwo you're hating, has achieved what most of your kinsmen will never be close to achieving.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by illiad: 4:12pm On May 10, 2015
OgagaMic:

bros hw far, belike you 8 awolowo Ooo, its jst greediness tat killing Nigeria, if Awo really wanted Odua republic e would have done it 1967, bt oil greed nor let am go, same goes to ojukwu if e really wanted Biafra e 4 nor touch Any SS region, e 4 jst cut Only Igbo land take I bet u Gowon 4 let am b, bt I tell u d truth Nigeria can't do without SS.. May God judge a those tat committed war crime killing Innocent children and women(90% Igbo) all in d name of 1 Nigeria , Na force to dey 1 Naija ? mtcheewe, ... may there soul rest in peace,

bt I like awolowo sha e get brain

Sobo boy, be like say you no dey dey happy if I no put you for where your miserable sobo tribe belong.
Mouth dey scratch you bah?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OneNaira6: 4:19pm On May 10, 2015
Adekorya:

He declared the war wen he decided to seeded some states which are actually part of Nigeria away .

In case u dnt knw Nigeria system will never give rum to secession on easy term

Assuming its United State Of Nigeria instead of Federal Republic Of Nigeria its will b more easy to seed • (which is why u never gt the support of Giant Countries)• . As in, It will be settle on the round table instead of battle field.

Oh please Nigeria got the support of the united kingdom, etc due to the resources in that nation. A divided nation will decrease their chances of imposing corrupt individuals to assist them in looting the nation dry. Europe believed a nation that's highly dependable on them is more beneficial to them than those surviving without them. That's the only reason they supported your "one Nigeria", nothing more.

Like I said, Ojukwu didn't declare war on Nigeria considering he actually gave Gowon chance to fix the reason he wanted Igbos to pull out. When Gowon didn't do as he requested and Gowon agreed upon, that's when Ojukwu pulled out. He didn't just pull out of the blue without giving Nigerian leaders a chance therefore, the people that declared war was Nigeria.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by chichukwu: 4:20pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:
So he actually bought a plane with the money he stole from Biafrans from the proceeds of his 20pounds evil policy to render Igbos moneyless after the war?

Hell Fire must provide awolowo a vista to peruse the successes of the Igbo people he did all to humiliate.

No peace for the wicked.

In the end he thought suicide would make God forget his vicious sins, unknown to the evil one that God rather doubled his iniquities and ferried his damned soul to abysmal hell.

You are a certified i.diot

You are in for e-bashing with this stu.pid comment you made
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by deehusby60: 4:22pm On May 10, 2015
E don tey joor! African leaders. corrupt die....
hector123:
My people what are your comments on these pictures of papa Awo?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Sodiumdawg: 4:22pm On May 10, 2015
hector123:
My people what are your comments on these pictures of papa Awo?

Second photo confirms he was staunch Ogboni aborigine!
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:

Sobo boy, be like say you no dey dey happy if I no put you for where your miserable sobo tribe belong.
Mouth dey scratch you bah?

lolz, bros point of correction we re nt miserable ... we re blessed...

long tym ooo, were u enter na,, ?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Rotimi47: 4:24pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

LMFAO. Yet that same leader after being used by a younger Gowon and the Nigerian military, he was rounded up like a common criminal and locked up for treason. You actually just verified that your Awolowo was a bonafide olodo. Ojukwu was smart enough to read the handwriting on the walls and even everything he said about Nigeria's future prior to the war is what is happening as we SPEAK. The man saw the future of this shithole of a nation and choose to pull his people out of it before it was too late while your Awolowo decided to be a coward and like cowards are treated, he was used and dumped without one ounce of fear from the leaders he assisted. Funny thing about it all, it was he, awolowo, that voiced the most out of all Nigeria's founding father how the nation is not "one" ironically, when the chance came, he did a complete 360. Anyway, in actuality, I don't think Ojukwu or any Igbo really cares about Awolowo doing a complete 360. Infact, karma dealt with him after wards and continued dealing with his people after wards so nature did his work thus why bother to care. All he ended up just showing ojukwu and other igbos is to take whatever a yoruba man says lightly. I am grateful awo did want he did. His act single handily opened the eyes of every igbo man, woman and child about you people thus, without him most of us will still be deluding ourselves in Zik's philosophy of "African unity".
Not true; Ojukwu was over ambitious & his military ability is low, he had a meeting with Awolowo that Yoruba & Igbo's should break out from Nigeria, this was agreed to by Awo & a date was chosen but Ojukwu being greedy declared Biafra & started war against the agreement he had with Awolowo. So Awolowo had no choice but to stay within Nigeria as he was not fully prepared; Ojukwu would have succeeded as the war was a stalemate but he invaded Yoruba land( Ore in Ondo State) that incident made the Yoruba's enlist in Large numbers in the military & the outcome of the war was decided by the Yoruba's.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by nkemdi89(f): 4:25pm On May 10, 2015
SMH, look at the comments from aspiring leaders of tommorow. Later somebody will say the elders have refused to relinquish power to the youths. With the way most youth reasons today even on NL, is there any one capable of even becoming councillor in their ward? No, instead they continue to remain as PAs to the older politicians and continue to supply them with ladies as per PA portfolio. Lazy youths everywhere that thinks being educated is only by acquiring degrees. The artisans on the street will even perform and reason better than most of our "educated" youths busy inciting and promoting hatred on social forum.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 10, 2015
Awolowo my foot....The Yoruba's are debtors......you find them begging to buy food on credit.. Awon oni gbese oshi.

It seems awo died of injesting excess otapiapia? God really punished him for being senseless, the same way he punished M.K.O Abiola.

#SLAVES#

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:34pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

Don't twist history, Awolowo didn't go to jail after he served as Vice Chairman of the FEC and Federal Commissioner of Finance under Gowon. Gowon became Head of State in 1966 while Awolowo was in jail between 1962 and 1966.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:
So he actually bought a plane with the money he stole from Biafrans from the proceeds of his 20pounds evil policy to render Igbos moneyless after the war?

Hell Fire must provide awolowo a vista to peruse the successes of the Igbo people he did all to humiliate.

No peace for the wicked.

In the end he thought suicide would make God forget his vicious sins, unknown to the evil one that God rather doubled his iniquities and ferried his damned soul to abysmal hell.

ghen ghen. another omo ale jati jati has spoken. Omo alai leko, agbele ta ko ta. Blame ojukwu for your mishap dumbo, he led u guys to ur grave and not Yoruba nor Hausa.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 10, 2015
kendrick9:
even in grave,there will be no peace for him.... he was a a wicked human being

ghen ghen. another omo ale jati jati has spoken. Omo alai leko, agbele ta ko ta. Blame ojukwu for your mishap dumbo, he led u guys to ur grave and not Yoruba nor Hausa.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by shadrach77: 4:39pm On May 10, 2015
Awo was a great man but he ruined his legacy by poisoning himself angry angry angry
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Adekorya: 4:41pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

Oh please Nigeria got the support of the united kingdom, etc due to the resources in that nation. A divided nation will decrease their chances of imposing corrupt individuals to assist them in looting the nation dry. Europe believed a nation that's highly dependable on them is more beneficial to them than those surviving without them. That's the only reason they supported your "one Nigeria", nothing more.

Like I said, Ojukwu didn't declare war on Nigeria considering he actually gave Gowon chance to fix the reason he wanted Igbos to pull out. When Gowon didn't do as he requested and Gowon agreed upon, that's when Ojukwu pulled out. He didn't just pull out of the blue without giving Nigerian leaders a chance therefore, the people that declared war was Nigeria.

U pple and Ojukwu shld ashamed of urself because he fought against ONE NIGERIA in which he lost and later accepted pardon from ONE NIGERIA GVT and also married, settled down and live comfortably in this same ONE NIGERIA before his death. Bliv me Ojukwu never loose anytin in life, its only those foolishly followed him dat lost , because he ran away and later
Came back to settled down under the umbrella of ONE NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OneNaira6: 4:41pm On May 10, 2015
Rotimi47:
Not true; Ojukwu was over ambitious & his military ability is low, he had a meeting with Awolowo that Yoruba & Igbo's should break out from Nigeria, this was agreed to by Awo & a date was chosen but Ojukwu being greedy declared Biafra & started war against the agreement he had with Awolowo. So Awolowo had no choice but to stay within Nigeria as he was not fully prepared; Ojukwu would have succeeded as the war was a stalemate but he invaded Yoruba land( Ore in Ondo State) that incident made the Yoruba's enlist in Large numbers in the military & the outcome of the war was decided by the Yoruba's.

You people need to stop trying to twist the war history. Majority of those that fought the war were predominately middle belt. Most of the soldiers that fought in each battle were predominately MIDDLE BELT AND NORTH. Many biafran soldiers are still alive today and they still recall who it was they were fighting the most therefore, all this yoruba revision of the history is ridiculous. The amount of yoruba soldiers in Nigeria's military was highly insignificant, ironically, they were the one that making the highest noise though.. Albeit yes, they exist but to profess they are the ones that won the war is more laughable than something to take seriously. The outcome of the war was determined by Gowon himself and not Yoruba. Anyway, I'm not that shocked. Is this not how, you people professed the Adekunle was the one who got Ojukwu to leave to Ivory coast yet it was reported that adekunle was demoted way before ojukwu actually left the war. Also the Obasanjo have constantly tried to pass off he was the main reason the war ended yet we learned from one of the members in his platoon, Godwin Alabi-Isama, that Obsanjo was literally one of the most clueless military leaders known to men and almost every achievement OBJ accredit him was actually his own achievement but due to OBJ held a senior was he was allowed to take credit of each of his soldiers hard work. Likewise, we equally learned that OBJ lost over 1000 men in just few hours of being promoted.
Anyway, Ojukwu did not declare war to Nigeria, nor did it invade Nigeria. Infact, the first people to attack was Nigeria thus the people that began that war was in fact NIGERIA. Ojukwu went to see Awolowo once again before declare the creation of Biafra, your awolowo coward out at the last minute and despite his display of cowardness, neither ojuwku or any of his leaders actually cared whether or not yoruba were joining Biafra. In reality, the only reason they choose to go to ore was because that's where Nigeria military base fighting them was located in Lagos. Nothing more, nothing less. If the base was in Abuja, they would have went to Abuja. If it was in Kaduna, they would have went to Kaduna.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Elipsis: 4:44pm On May 10, 2015
Eshinwaju:
this is why I say,......this scourge called iboes must be dealt with..... grin..lies has become truth.....for dem....Awo suicide Soon...another Achebe will write this in a book .......n .......twenty yrs from now....some suffering iboe boy selling gala in Ogbomosho ......will be arguing on 9raland that this is true

Yoruba ronu......the inferiority complex n hatred is deep.... cheesy...let us start educating our brodas........iboe is bad news for anybody.....drugs..kidnapping....fake medicine......prostitution.....racketeering........armed robbery......dirtiness.......greed.....wrong values......murderers.....cheating.....etc...this is their speciality..... angry
Typical mango head comment!

You fools never disappoint.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Macpowers(m): 4:46pm On May 10, 2015
Guys, what am I not doing right. I can not see all this pictures you comment on. Someone should assist me please.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Bollinger(m): 4:49pm On May 10, 2015
sinizia:
Hoping to see in future, the throwback picture of Thief. A. Orji in Kirikiri Maximum prison.

If you actually knew what it's like to own a helicopter back then, you won't be typing this post.

P.S: standing near a helicopter or flying in one doesn't actually mean the person owns it. S[b]o Awo might actually not be the owner of the helicopter[/b].

OMG!!! You don't know how your post is giving me shivers down my spine. I think i have a man crush. You don't know how frustrated i get whenever there is an unsubstantiated story on NL, and everyone gushes over it as if it is gospel. I am always amazed at the number of stu.pid people on Nairaland. God!!. Seun needs to subtract the total registered members from stu.pid members, then he'll get the true number of actual members.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by kenx1(m): 4:52pm On May 10, 2015
na who first buy sometin na buy old one
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Awoofawo(m): 4:52pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

The bold part show you don't real know Nigeria political history....

Awo was imprisoned in S.East(wetti political impass in S.West) before the war not after it. Actually Ojukwu was the one who release him from prison in aba or enugu (can't recall which of cities now).

Stop being silly and go get a life...otherwise you will soon die upto Yorubaphobia...
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by xmich(m): 4:52pm On May 10, 2015
WIZGUY69:
The Most Patriotic Man Ever in Nigeria.

The Holder of some people's wealth.

I duff my hat sir. cool

When the Chief Awolowo was flying in HeRicopter, some people are still running pant less in the forest of
E...u...u. grin
But today the helicopter flyers children are runing pantless around the lagoon In bitterness and hunger looking for whom to throw into the lagoon
because the children of the pantless have taken over their only city and name it "no man's land"grin
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OneNaira6: 4:55pm On May 10, 2015
Adekorya:

U pple and Ojukwu shld ashamed of urself because he fought against ONE NIGERIA in which he lost and later accepted pardon from ONE NIGERIA GVT and also married, settled down and live comfortably in this same ONE NIGERIA before his death. Bliv me Ojukwu never loose anytin in life, its only those foolishly followed him dat lost , because he ran away and later
Came back to settled down under the umbrella of ONE NIGERIA.

Who in their naturally born mind told you Ojuwku accepted One Nigeria. You do realize the person that helped promote Massob to the point it now has a high significant of members worldwide was Ojukwu HIMSELF. Ojukwu does not and have never cared about your "One Nigeria" mess. He just took an alternative route in trying to save his people from the future hellhole he saw Nigeria was and sadly, everything he said about that country is coming true one by one by one.

And spare us Ojukwu didn't lose anything. Ojuwku lost his family property dummy. His father was a billionaire prior to war and when he died, Ojukwu and his family used their father's wealth to single handily pay for Biafra war. Every invention made by Biafran scientist used ojuwku's family member's wealth to do so. He lost majority of his father's inheritance on that war. Likewise, he lost family members during the war and many of his family members tortured due to the fact they had the same last name as him. Similar to all Igbos, ojukwu went to the same struggle; he went from a billionaire to a moderate living man all in his effort to save his people hence he is beloved. That why it's laughable when you guys accuse him of being greedy and trying to steal nigeria's money, the Nigg@ had enough to last him a lifetime, his father made sure of that.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 10, 2015
are we sure the helicopter was his?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by OneNaira6: 5:01pm On May 10, 2015
Awoofawo:

Awo was imprisoned in S.East(wetti political impass in S.West) before the war not after it. Actually Ojukwu was the one who release him from prison in aba or enugu (can't recall which of cities now).

Stop being silly and go get a life...otherwise you will soon die upto Yorubaphobia...

Oh stfu. You Awolowo committed suicide during the verge of getting locked up like a common criminal for treason by IBB. Go and read Abdulmumini Adeku article on Awolowo's demise.

Die of yorubaphobia? Please like anything yoruba matters in my life. mstchewwwwwww tongue
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by xmich(m): 5:02pm On May 10, 2015
Awoofawo:

In s-east before the war gringringringringrin
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by IAmTobore(m): 5:05pm On May 10, 2015
Only those that don't know the truth about Awolowo call him a great man. I still remember how this guy take fall Ojukwu hand in front of the whole world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption / Police Tear-Gas Protesters At Lekki Tollgate (Video, Pix) / Labour Party’s Maths Professor Prepared Reports For Only Two States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.