Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter (40375 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 / Old Photo Of Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo With Clotheless Pupils Of A Local School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by awesomeb1783(m): 5:07pm On May 10, 2015
Beholds the tribal bigot!!!
illiad:
So he actually bought a plane with the money he stole from Biafrans from the proceeds of his 20pounds evil policy to render Igbos moneyless after the war?

Hell Fire must provide awolowo a vista to peruse the successes of the Igbo people he did all to humiliate.

No peace for the wicked.

In the end he thought suicide would make God forget his vicious sins, unknown to the evil one that God rather doubled his iniquities and ferried his damned soul to abysmal hell.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by meccuno: 5:11pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

And those small, less trained kids, still fought and killed more of your "well trained military" than they did them. Till the point the "well trained" military went after civilians to compensate on their lack of number os soliders killed in comparison to them. Hahahaha. Ojukwu left in other to come back and continue fight and not only that, he stood up and fought for three years in comparison to every yoruba leader that cried like a B1tch anytime caught for anytime. Even a well know yoruba general cried like a baby when Abacha discovered his coup plot. Mind ypu, a gun shot didn't even go off nor did Abacha threaten his life. Likewise, similar to how your Obas took money and looked the way when abiola was murdered in cold blood by your masters.

At least ojukwu stood his ground when his people nerd him the most, left, came back and had more recognition than even your awo. Lmao

Btw: awo outsmarted who? You mean suggesting starvation to civilians iis an act of "outsmart". Where I'm from, that suggest is known as the cowards way out. Unable to reduce the fighting spirit of the biafran soliders despite going after their civilians than them, your awo created an easy way out, blocking the airways of both ways to get into Biafra thus removing their importation from other nation therefore inducing "starvation" to weaken their fighting spirit. There's no strategy whatsoever informed in that siggestion. It's a common act of weaklings. Even a retarded monkey cab come up with exact same plan.
so are u saying awo isn't as smart as a monkey?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by obinto: 5:14pm On May 10, 2015
All these tribal comments, e don do na. I am always very disappointed to see anti igbo sentiments expressed gleefully by the yorubas but by the same token my people are guilty of same. I think nairaland is on a mission here. Anything for the traffic
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by gratieao: 5:18pm On May 10, 2015
Eshinwaju:
this is why I say,......this scourge called iboes must be dealt with..... grin..lies has become truth.....for dem....Awo suicide Soon...another Achebe will write this in a book .......n .......twenty yrs from now....some suffering iboe boy selling gala in Ogbomosho ......will be arguing on 9raland that this is true

Yoruba ronu......the inferiority complex n hatred is deep.... cheesy...let us start educating our brodas........iboe is bad news for anybody.....drugs..kidnapping....fake medicine......prostitution.....racketeering........armed robbery......dirtiness.......greed.....wrong values......murderers.....cheating.....etc...this is their speciality..... angry
Are u talking about Ogun state?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Awoofawo(m): 5:19pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:

Oh stfu. You Awolowo committed suicide during the verge of getting locked up like a common criminal for treason by IBB. Go and read Abdulmumini Adeku article on Awolowo's demise.

Die of yorubaphobia? Please like anything yoruba matters in my life. mstchewwwwwww tongue

IBB lockup Awo?! Are you in your right sense?

True be told there were rumour that Awo was involved in coup plotting and Ibb got wind of it, called all involved and sternly warn them... Normally in case like this Ibb could set them up and had them all eliminate, but the fear of possible backlash put him in check.... Noone was lockup even for 1minute....

Seems you are facebook or indomie generation?! cool
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Awoofawo(m): 5:29pm On May 10, 2015
xmich:

In s-east before the war gringringringringrin

What's so funny that you are showing your goat-teeth for the world to see?

Awo resigned as premier of old western region in order to contest for the post of prime minister at central govt....but was upstaged by Akintola and framed up with the aid of Saduna of Sokoto and Tafawa Balewa govt ( his main rivals in Nigeria politic )
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by mfm04622: 5:30pm On May 10, 2015
liberty300:
he committed suicide bro...thats the lowest form of death, a shameful one at most
Any proof he committed suicide? Any proof at all?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by chichukwu: 5:34pm On May 10, 2015
Don't you guys get tired from all these tribalistic comment
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by kettykings: 5:41pm On May 10, 2015
if you want to kill yorubas , simply put them in a republic of their own . Awolowo -1960
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by ZITRAN: 5:41pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:
So the corrupt thief bought himself a helicopter eeh?
Despite all that, he was still jailed and allowed to rot until he finally did the world a favour amd killed himself.
I hope the black hilter is enjoying hell. #spits and shit on his grave
disgruntled fool
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 10, 2015
liberty300:
he committed suicide bro...thats the lowest form of death, a shameful one at most
give me an evidence that he truly commit suicide
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Orunto: 5:49pm On May 10, 2015
The whites even campaigned openly for him. What a civilisation? What a brilliance? What a life free of intimidation, harrassments and bokoharam? What a light, goodness and life? God was a Nigerian then!!!!
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Rapture007: 5:58pm On May 10, 2015
I think Yorubas have a warped definition of sophistication.
Always claiming what they are not and massaging their ego.

You claim to be disciplined and well mannered, yet you sons and daughters are in world know terrorist organisations....someone should help me list their names grin

You claim you respect your elders, Yet Femi Fani Kayode (I think from Congo grin) was insulting his Yoruba elders, Tinubu and Lai Mohammed cos of little peanut given to him.

You Sell your land to someone, use the money for Owambe and the person develops the place and builds a nice mansion and the next thing is, you enviously accuse the person of taking away your land. For every One-foot land a non-indigene gets in Lagos he pays for it so why complain he is taking your land from you? Every Yoruba man now claims he is from Lagos, rejecting their own Brown-Roof -Coated houses without toilet and bathroom inside Ogbomosho grin.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
This train of modern day reality is soon leaving you guys behind

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by manck2: 6:04pm On May 10, 2015
Awolowa saw nigeria brought plane. We had only helicrpter. That why he made thé claim
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by phazotron(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2015
after going thru so many threads on this forum there is only one conclusion: that IBOs are the most jealous and depressed folks In Nigeria. every thread where they stumble into reeks of jealousy and frustration. I hope not all of u has this shameful mentality. if u like give urself stroke and high blood pressure and die over someone who died decades ago. if u all like keep clinging to the past and continue to be depressed. frustrated pigs.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by NewNigeriaMind: 6:11pm On May 10, 2015
The great sage

Forever thankful for your love to your people grin

The great awo grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Rotimi47: 6:12pm On May 10, 2015
bruno419:
Those days grin grin

Chai I remember
You!
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by NewNigeriaMind: 6:12pm On May 10, 2015
The children of sadness from the east are having fun cheesy

Let the games begin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Rotimi47: 6:20pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:
Despite all that, he was still jailed and allowed to rot until he finally did the world a favour amd killed himself.
Awo was jailed because of political riots were lots of people got killed & several properties got burnt not corruption! I don't know how some people reason! If corruption, why was he later appointed head of Finance and he managed the economy during 30 months if the civil war without borrowing & even reconstruction; this is an achievement many Igbo's who became minister of fiance have never been able to achieve. Please get your fact right.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by NewNigeriaMind: 6:25pm On May 10, 2015
Awolowo died peacefully at his Ikenne home, the Efunyela Hall (so named after his mother), on 9 May 1987, at the age of 78, amid tributes across political and ethno-religious divides.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by NigerMan1: 6:25pm On May 10, 2015
Makapounse:

i don't know why igbo people hate this great man, if ojukwu and effiong didn't call for war , there wil no war in our great country. All blame is on those who thought they greater than Nigeria which resulted in to 30 months civil war, Nigeria must be 1 and Nigeria must great

My dear Ojukwu NEVER called for war. He announced SECESSION of his Region from Nigeria after his people were massacred in the North.

It was the Fed Govt that attacked Ojukwu. However the Fed Govt had no option then because the Old Eastern Region also comprises most of the present day South South where the OIL WELLS were based - the gold that fed (and still feeding) the nation.

As Gen Benjamin Adekunle said, "We fought for OIL not unity"

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by NewNigeriaMind: 6:26pm On May 10, 2015
Rotimi47:
Awo was jailed because of political riots were lots of people got killed & several properties got burnt not corruption! I don't know how some people reason! If corruption, why was he later appointed head of Finance and he managed the economy during 30 months if the civil war without borrowing & even reconstruction; this is an achievement many Igbo's who became minister of fiance have never been able to achieve. Please get your fact right.

Are you new here, Igbo people are very hate filled. To bring out the hate in their heart, just post a pics of Awo grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by NewNigeriaMind: 6:27pm On May 10, 2015
daresma93:
give me an evidence that he truly commit suicide

Awolowo died peacefully at his Ikenne home, the Efunyela Hall (so named after his mother), on 9 May 1987, at the age of 78, amid tributes across political and ethno-religious divides.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by xtervaganza(m): 6:29pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:
So he actually bought a plane with the money he stole from Biafrans from the proceeds of his 20pounds evil policy to render Igbos moneyless after the war?

Hell Fire must provide awolowo a vista to peruse the successes of the Igbo people he did all to humiliate.

No peace for the wicked.

In the end he thought suicide would make God forget his vicious sins, unknown to the evil one that God rather doubled his iniquities and ferried his damned soul to abysmal hell.
e no go better for you and all those sons of wh0res who liked your nonsense
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 10, 2015
kendrick9:
even in grave,there will be no peace for him.... he was a a wicked human being
Wicked to the igbos .... Great
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by yomanovic: 6:40pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:

No peace for the wicked.

so pained! sorry he knew what he was doing. you people are primitive.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by illiad: 6:47pm On May 10, 2015
OgagaMic:

lolz, bros point of correction we re nt miserable ... we re blessed...
long tym ooo, were u enter na,, ?
I bin dey lagoon ooo. Those useless yorubbish mods ban their papa for pointing out their uselessness.
Anyway, I am here to put cockroaches where they belong, including mods & all.
Nairaland go close for me.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by illiad: 6:51pm On May 10, 2015
OgagaMic:

lolz, bros point of correction we re nt miserable ... we re blessed...
long tym ooo, were u enter na,, ?
I bin dey lagoon ooo. Those useless yorubbish mods ban their papa for pointing out their uselessness.
Anyway, I am here to put cockroaches where they belong, including mods & all.
Nairaland go close for me.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by illiad: 7:17pm On May 10, 2015
xtervaganza:
e no go better for you and all those sons of wh0res who liked your nonsense

Accursed oaf.

Your progenitor awolowo committed suicide, do the same and relieve yourself of that abject misery.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by Pero009: 7:19pm On May 10, 2015
OneNaira6:
OneNaira6:
OneNaira6:
It is a potty you chose to be an asshole...
Re: Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter by xtervaganza(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2015
illiad:

Accursed oaf.

Your progenitor awolowo committed suicide, do the same and relieve yourself of that abject misery.

and your foolish bia bia terrorist zero was poisoned by bianca hahahhahah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bolaji Ariyo’s Mamichula Beach Lost Virtually Everything For Coastal Highway / The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency / Aisha Buhari's Interview: BBC Defies Pressure From Presidency, Dogara & Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.