Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,092 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light (28218 Views)

The Kenyan Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank Around In New Photos / Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank For Survival Flies To India For Surgery. Photos / The Woman Carrying Oxygen To Survive And The Crying Little Boy In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Runaway: 2:55pm On May 10, 2015
This is where we fine ourselves. The CMD if they have should do the needfull.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Airforce1(m): 2:55pm On May 10, 2015
Spaxon:

am still waiting for ur album ooooo

Kk dear

Erm, Yo luk so beautiful
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:56pm On May 10, 2015
You see what am saying...
How Nigeria failed to get constant power supply after close to 60 years of independence baffles ni.
Last Bullet

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by tbaba1234: 2:57pm On May 10, 2015
Mogidi:

And they didn't realize they needed fuel?

Do you understand the hustle to get fuel in Lagos in the last few weeks? It is very likely that they ran out of fuel. Oga Jonathan is yet to revolve the impasse with the marketers and is putting average Nigerians through a lot of stress and trouble... Imagine spending 4-5 hours at the filling station and still not getting the fuel.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by ubongutioh(m): 2:57pm On May 10, 2015
Ignorance... So we now use Power to deliver oxygen... Oxygen delivery does not use power.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by TEEWHY10(f): 2:58pm On May 10, 2015
Even @ Alimosho General Hospital Igando, no light since last week, they're generator has being faulty, there patients sleep inside mosquito everyday, people give birth with torch light, they nearly kill a woman last week wednesday during labour,to do CS for some people self na wahala,only God can save us in this our country,

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Waspy(m): 2:59pm On May 10, 2015
doctokwus:
Either d original author of this story is being mischievous or in his haste to write a tragic tale,refused to find out d real cause of d woman's death.But to try to create a link btw the woman being on oxygen and power being cut off is being mischievous and does no service to the soul of d deceased.
As far as its known, oxygen cylinders don't have anything to do with power supply unless d author wants people to foolishly bliv there is a mechanism that uses power to convert ordinary air to oxygen!
Rip to d dead and may d actual cause of her death be revealed to her family members so that they can have closure and be at peace.
It must be an Oxygen concentrator. I've witness such before. 2 terminal patients were lost within 15 mins. The 3rd was already even gasping before a mini generator was quickly powered

2 Likes

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 10, 2015
doctokwus:
Either d original author of this story is being mischievous or in his haste to write a tragic tale,refused to find out d real cause of d woman's death.But to try to create a link btw the woman being on oxygen and power being cut off is being mischievous and does no service to the soul of d deceased.
As far as its known, oxygen cylinders don't have anything to do with power supply unless d author wants people to foolishly bliv there is a mechanism that uses power to convert ordinary air to oxygen!
Rip to d dead and may d actual cause of her death be revealed to her family members so that they can have closure and be at peace.

Spot on!
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 10, 2015
Nigeria I hail thee...I am short of words to describe nigeria...I think satan sits here in nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 10, 2015
That was where I lost a aunty. At that hospital, She was given an injection and few minutes later she died.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by kay1one2(m): 3:01pm On May 10, 2015
Oxygen cylinders don't use electricity!

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Mogidi: 3:02pm On May 10, 2015
tbaba1234:

Do you understand the hustle to get fuel in Lagos in the last few weeks? It is very likely that they ran out of fuel. Oga Jonathan is yet to revolve the impasse with the marketers and is putting average Nigerians through a lot of stress and trouble... [size=15pt]Imagine spending 4-5 hours at the filling station[/size] and still not getting the fuel.

Bros you make sense die, flawless logic.

Tell the man's family you couldn't wait for 4-5hrs for fuel hence you allowed their son to die.

2 Likes

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Texcoco(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2015
You don't need light to operate an Oxygen gas cylinder just as you wouldn't need light to operate your cooking gas cylinder at home...the f**king lady think we all illiterate and stupidt....What a crazy ass b**tch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Chanchit: 3:02pm On May 10, 2015
I don't know if our government think they are governing over animals. For the past 5days we never smell light for my area, an estate with tall buildings for that matter o, I go just look at the hood at night and shake my head.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by chuchutech(m): 3:03pm On May 10, 2015
Very Very Sad!

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by tbaba1234: 3:04pm On May 10, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros you make sense die, flawless logic.

Tell the man's family you couldn't wait for 4-5hrs for fuel hence you allowed their son to die.

You are still deflecting blame from your principal... Spending hours in the station does not guarantee fuel...
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 10, 2015
doctokwus:

Actually there are oxygen converters also called oxygen concentrators that make use of electricity that concentrates atmospheric oxygen into medical oxygen.having said that, the post was not clear on the type of supply system that the hospital in question uses.

4 Likes

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Lilyomi(f): 3:05pm On May 10, 2015
yang:
Do oxygen cylinders now run on electricity??
My thots too. Is a lie! Oxygen cylinders work without electricity. Probably twas finished

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 10, 2015
gabriel212:
we must not blame the govt for this!
was money not allocated to the hospital?
did the hospital not having engineering dept dat will look after the power supply for the hospital?
was there no allocation for back up gen?
can part of the money generated from the hospital not enough to buy a back up gen or inverter in a situation like this?
I am so sure the engineering dept ineptitude resulted to the gen failure n not the govt.
Ow long shall we continue to shift blame to the govt but fail to admit our individual failure as a components of govt?
all the mechanical dept n some electrical dept should be overall.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well...budget was just approved...but let's not chat about that.

The money that your local hospital gets is not enough to run it properly.No Nigerian hospital can provide good service on the poor sums of money they get. (Which is about to fall thanks to the drop in oil prices.).

And thanks to the drop in power supply.....gen money finishes properly before the middle of the month.

Better blame your government....after 6 years in power we have installed capacity for 6000MW.....for a country that needs 12000MW a day. If they had been serious....your hospital won't have needed a generator in the first place.

You Nigerians....you just suffer and smile. Since when was generator primary source of power? In which civilized nation?
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by beyoncausme: 3:06pm On May 10, 2015
nigeria my country.....soo much money......

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:
I thank God I didn't waste my vote on that clueless of a president in Aso rock

I dont blame u for this ur comment

but u r a fool

2 Likes

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by allanphash7(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2015
cos there is no fuel bro

RIP to d dead[ quote author=Isiterere post=33601562] Pathetic story of Nigeria and Nigerian ; This is a complete negligence on the part of the hospital management, why why running a surgery with PHCN?

RIP

ALL IZZ WELL
[/quote]
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by dominique(f): 3:08pm On May 10, 2015
Most likely the tank ran out of oxygen not because of power outage. Hospital staff were extremely negligent not to note the level of oxygen in the tank. RIP to the deceased.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 10, 2015
Isiterere:
Pathetic story of Nigeria and Nigerian ; This is a complete negligence on the part of the hospital management, why why running a surgery with PHCN?

RIP

ALL IZZ WELL
Surgery ? dont tell me you can't comprehend that short texts
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by doctokwus: 3:09pm On May 10, 2015
Waspy:
It must be an Oxygen concentrator. I've witness such before. 2 terminal patients were lost within 15 mins. The 3rd was already even gasping before a mini generator was quickly powered
If so then the hospital is strictly to blame,not the power supply.The reason why the common oxygen cylinders is preferred in this part of d world for this same simple reason that u just have to refill it and even in situations of power outages or total darkness,your patient still lives.
Honestly, no Nigerian hospital shd depend on an oxygen concentrator,its ironically life threatening in our kind of environment!

3 Likes

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by madgoat(m): 3:09pm On May 10, 2015
THIS IS WHY WE NEED BUHARI.... SAI BABA!

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 10, 2015
Gejpresident:
I dont blame u for this ur comment

but u r a fool

Well....I cannot comment on his wisdom....but if your man had transformed the electricity sector like he claimed he did.....we would probably had said bye bye to generators right now.

IMO....Buhari should focus on transmission and on generation. A nuclear power plant might end our dependency on generator power for now.

Sensible nations do not depend on generators.

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by allanphash7(m): 3:10pm On May 10, 2015
cos there is no fuel bro

RIP 2 d dead
Isiterere:
Pathetic story of Nigeria and Nigerian ; This is a complete negligence on the part of the hospital management, why why running a surgery with PHCN?

RIP

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by cilifa: 3:10pm On May 10, 2015
For ojuelegba moto dey come left, moto dey come from right, moto dey come from up, moto dey come from down and policeman no dey for center na pafuka be dat oooo.

Fela described Nigeria long ago.....pafuka nation.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Mogidi: 3:11pm On May 10, 2015
tbaba1234:

You are still deflecting blame from your principal... Spending hours in the station does not guarantee fuel...

I forgot fuel shortages was a recent phenomenon, damn! how come I forgot?

This only started when GEJ took over, this wouldn't have happened in the past, this my memory thing sha!!.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by ebukaOtika(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2015
What of the Hospitals without Oxygen nko ,,.? I wonder why some people are blaming President for dis again ,,,, I Pray that God Almighty will Heal your minds so that you will get well soon ,,,,

Cc Otikigba 1
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by tbaba1234: 3:12pm On May 10, 2015
Mogidi:

I forgot fuel shortages was a recent phenomenon, damn! how come I forgot?

This only started when GEJ took over, this wouldn't have happened in the past, this my memory thing sha!!.

When last did it last for this long??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi / 556 New COVID-19 Cases, 167 Discharged And 11 Deaths On July 19- (2027 Tested) / How Do My Fiance Burn Fat In Belly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.