Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light (28217 Views)

The Kenyan Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank Around In New Photos / Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank For Survival Flies To India For Surgery. Photos / The Woman Carrying Oxygen To Survive And The Crying Little Boy In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by IamOpemipo(m): 3:33pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:
I thank God I didn't waste my vote on that clueless of a president in Aso rock

shocked so he's no more ya president
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by IYANGBALI: 3:37pm On May 10, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Oxygen delivery does not need electricity.

What are you guys talking about?
\
ok sowie
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by diportivo: 3:38pm On May 10, 2015
yang:
Do oxygen cylinders now run on electricity??

the matter tire me undecided
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by socialmediaman: 3:39pm On May 10, 2015
Oxygen suppliers need electricity to work, they're machines:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000048.htm

Check under "Kinds of Oxygen"

doctokwus:
Either d original author of this story is being mischievous or in his haste to write a tragic tale,refused to find out d real cause of d woman's death.But to try to create a link btw the woman being on oxygen and power being cut off is being mischievous and does no service to the soul of d deceased.
As far as its known, oxygen cylinders don't have anything to do with power supply unless d author wants people to foolishly bliv there is a mechanism that uses power to convert ordinary air to oxygen!
Rip to d dead and may d actual cause of her death be revealed to her family members so that they can have closure and be at peace.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:

To clear ur ignorance, General Hospitals are owned and run by STATE governments.

Thank me later
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by gabriel212: 3:41pm On May 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well...budget was just approved...but let's not chat about that.

The money that your local hospital gets is not enough to run it properly.No Nigerian hospital can provide good service on the poor sums of money they get. (Which is about to fall thanks to the drop in oil prices.).

And thanks to the drop in power supply.....gen money finishes properly before the middle of the month.

Better blame your government....after 6 years in power we have installed capacity for 6000MW.....for a country that needs 12000MW a day. If they had been serious....your hospital won't have needed a generator in the first place.

You Nigerians....you just suffer and smile. Since when was generator primary source of power? In which civilized nation?
thanks for showing u not a Nigerian.
in our course of argument let limit ourselves to the frame.
budget being approved of late has no correlation with the hospital management coz these are parastatal of govt dt generate money daily which could deployed some to manage his priority. n regarding the power supply we admit our short come n voted new govt. can u please tell me ur country to evaluate with ours?
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Tinyemeka(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:

Your degree of reasoning is soo messed up.

What do you have to say about the hospital management who failed to ensure sound workings of the stand-by gen or install power inverters in the ICU's, in view of the erratic power supply?
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by yomi007k(m): 3:49pm On May 10, 2015
yang:
There is an equipment called oxygen concentrator- it runs on electricity.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by omenka(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:

Hope you can survive in politics section oo. This aint no romance or celebrity lounge oo. Dudes around here are mean as fvck oo. cheesy
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Psuedy(f): 3:50pm On May 10, 2015
As far as i knw Oxygen cylinders dont run wit electricity except.dey wia using an Oxygen concentrator which i doubt cn b found in General.hospitals..so d person dat posted dis jst exhibited a high level of ignorance.Experience has thot me dat if God says its time to go and ur time has come, no Jupiter cn reverse dat..if dey like let 1million Oxygen tanks be functional at d same time,u go stil waka.#shikena.

1 Like

Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:

shocked
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Fashola is not running the country....you know. (Plus...that was Tinubu's project.)

Plus...there are issues between federal and state government over power generated....and how it should be used...said dispute going back to before GEJ.In brief....Govt wants state to give them the power generated....while state wants to keep power.

And BTW....what has your man done for power? Why are we still below capacity?

Anyway....Buhari as I said should focus on generation and transmission...especially the transmission.
true
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Sibrah: 3:52pm On May 10, 2015
What's the wattage of the said equipment that they can provide an inverter for worse case scenario like these? Even cafe for checking mails and facebook have UPS.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Airforce1(m): 3:53pm On May 10, 2015
omenka:
Hope you can survive in politics section oo. This aint no romance or celebrity lounge oo. Dudes around here are mean as fvck oo. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Waspy(m): 3:55pm On May 10, 2015
doctokwus:

If so then the hospital is strictly to blame,not the power supply.The reason why the common oxygen cylinders is preferred in this part of d world for this same simple reason that u just have to refill it and even in situations of power outages or total darkness,your patient still lives.
Honestly, no Nigerian hospital shd depend on an oxygen concentrator,its ironically life threatening in our kind of environment!
Concentrators are quite economical, compared to Dry oxygen. All you need is some weak/low voltage and water for the humidifier
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by omenka(m): 3:56pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I can see they are already ripping you apart. I told ya. Lol. cheesy. Aint no love in this place honestly. grin
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Airforce1(m): 3:57pm On May 10, 2015
omenka:
I can see they are already ripping you apart. I told ya. Lol. cheesy. Aint no love in this place honestly. grin

Hmm grin
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Octaves(m): 3:59pm On May 10, 2015
Nigerian hospitals are all useless. People die as a result of carelessness and negligence and nothing is done about it. That's the way my course mate died. If the doctors had done their job on time, the boy would have been saved. Something needs to be done fast about this nonsense. Even my 80 yr old grand mother doesnt like going to hospital because her impression of hospitals is where people go and die. Thats part of the reason she's still alive
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by mike404(m): 3:59pm On May 10, 2015
Tolexander:
apart from the unreliable electricity, have you forgotten the recent fuel scarcity?
The fuel scarcity might have led to the generator problem.

I'm not trying to defend the hospital though!
SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by doctokwus: 4:00pm On May 10, 2015
socialmediaman:
Oxygen suppliers need electricity to work, they're machines:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000048.htm

Check under "Kinds of Oxygen"

I don't need any link to know oxygen cylinders that are normally used in Nigerian hospitals don't use power supply.
The one possibility is an oxygen concentrator that you hardly find in generator hospitals and other hospitals in Nigeria due to same power issues!
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 10, 2015
doctokwus:
Either d original author of this story is being mischievous or in his haste to write a tragic tale,refused to find out d real cause of d woman's death.But to try to create a link btw the woman being on oxygen and power being cut off is being mischievous and does no service to the soul of d deceased.
As far as its known, oxygen cylinders don't have anything to do with power supply unless d author wants people to foolishly bliv there is a mechanism that uses power to convert ordinary air to oxygen!
Rip to d dead and may d actual cause of her death be revealed to her family members so that they can have closure and be at peace.

Maybe they were using oxygen concentrator, which concentrates oxygen up to about 90% from room air.
But the next question would then be, how come they didn't have oxygen cylinders filled and ready for use? If this story is true, then it's simply the fault of the hospital management. Yet somebody is already blaming GEJ.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by oluwanoni: 4:02pm On May 10, 2015
All these stories that touch.....which one can avoid cry....so sad
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Boss13: 4:05pm On May 10, 2015
yang:

Yes. There is a centralized point and each patient has a slot. Electricity assist with the distribution. Also, I think in Nigeria hospitals what they do is boil water and the oxygen is distributed via pipes
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 10, 2015
doctokwus:

Thank you very much. Was wondering the same thing. Most people respond without even thinking things through.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 10, 2015
Boss13:

Yes. There is a centralized point and each patient has a slot. Electricity assist with the distribution. Also, I think in Nigeria hospitals what they do is boil water and the oxygen is distributed via pipes

When you boil water, you get water vapour, not oxygen. The vapour has to be further separated.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by chronique(m): 4:08pm On May 10, 2015
Illiterate! When did oxygen cylinders start depending on electricity? Moreover,such generators used in such hospitals,are large generators powered with diesel fuel and diesel isn't scarce;so what is your point?
abduljabbar4:

You are still defending the government. Mehn, you are brainless, stup1d and foolish. So you don't know about the fuel scarcity that's going on?
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Ryabcool(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:

look at one of the die hard supporters of GEJ back then openly dissing him now that he's lost. You have no honour. You are shameless. SMH
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 10, 2015
Airforce1:

What has Jonathan got to do with hospitals in state level¿....
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by Tolexander: 4:17pm On May 10, 2015
mike404:
SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO
trying to cook!
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by ceejay80s(m): 4:18pm On May 10, 2015
I just say this news now, Rip to the woman Nepa is a disaster to nigerian, e no go better for their family
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by mechanics(m): 4:23pm On May 10, 2015
D hospital shud ave had inverter in dat section to enable dem start d generator, which wil power dat section.
Re: Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light by sanitelag(m): 4:23pm On May 10, 2015
as I am working in a Nursing Sesvices Dept in my hospital, I know Oxygen therapy has nothing to do with electricity. Its neither connected with Nepa nor any power source. so u should stop speculating this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi / 556 New COVID-19 Cases, 167 Discharged And 11 Deaths On July 19- (2027 Tested) / How Do My Fiance Burn Fat In Belly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.