Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake (7840 Views)

Photos Of The Lady Who Returned N860k Transferred To Her Account By Mistake / First Time Buying From Alibaba / See How Much You Can Get Ewedu Broom On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:40am On May 18, 2015
WebMania:
UPDATE:
I received the second package on saturday. smiley
Thanks everyone. Thanks nairalanders. And, thanks Jumia - though the stress was much.
Do have a great week ahead.
Problem solved! Up you!
Re: JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake by jazz04(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2015
lol.... so I ordered the same item and same pickup station but with no voucher...ordered it at full price with pay on delivery... and as I expected, I have gotten an sms that the item is ready for pickup! very funny....so whatever happened to the same item order I placed using voucher?

funny people....must you use voucher to scam people?
Re: JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake by ollyruffy: 9:56pm On May 19, 2015
I have also learnt my hard lesson from Jumia.

I ordered a Binatone inverter on their platform. The order was placed from a state outside Lagos. I had this initial doubts about placing the order. I finally decided to place the order because of the 1 year waranty stated on the product on their website.

Order placed. Order received. The inverter worked well for about 16 days. Then its cooling fan stopped working. The inverter started over-heating that could damage the internal electronics. The inverter could no longer be used

I contacted Jumia for retrieval to repair. I was told their retrieval policy is 14 days. They says they have no retrieval policy with Binatone for repair or troubleshooting under waranty claims. They asked me to contact Binatone in Lagos or arrange with Binatone for a pick up and repair under waranty.

The Binatone email provided was un-reacheable.

I regreted shopping on Jumia for the product. I would have just gone to purchase my Inverter from an electronic store instead.
Re: JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake by jazz04(m): 3:03am On May 20, 2015
JumiaOnline:

We don't scam our customers. May we have your previous order number to ascertain why it was cancelled initially please?

wow! don't know if it was you or someone else, but I received an email for the same voucher value like before...and I have used it accordingly..... hope the item arrives this time.....
Re: JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake by zainab007(f): 6:46pm On May 20, 2015
ollyruffy:
I have also learnt my hard lesson from Jumia.

I ordered a Binatone inverter on their platform. The order was placed from a state outside Lagos. I had this initial doubts about placing the order. I finally decided to place the order because of the 1 year waranty stated on the product on their website.

Order placed. Order received. The inverter worked well for about 16 days. Then its cooling fan stopped working. The inverter started over-heating that could damage the internal electronics. The inverter could no longer be used

I contacted Jumia for retrieval to repair. I was told their retrieval policy is 14 days. They says they have no retrieval policy with Binatone for repair or troubleshooting under waranty claims. They asked me to contact Binatone in Lagos or arrange with Binatone for a pick up and repair under waranty.

The Binatone email provided was un-reacheable.

I regreted shopping on Jumia for the product. I would have just gone to purchase my Inverter from an electronic store instead.

This same issue can still come up when you buy from any other store...Sorry about your Inverter though! Jumia is a trusted retailer. We beg manufacturers to produce original items.
Re: JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake by breadplanets(f): 8:52am On May 21, 2015
laurenjones:
JUMIA BAD 1ST EXPERIENCE

Last month i called a JUMIA customer rep to help place an order for LG Home theatre and was told it would be delivered latest in 5days time as the delivery point was in the south-east. Omo, i cum withdraw salary keep for house hoping and waiting for jumia in order not to disappoint oo. After 2weeks of no show, angryi had to call their office and was told my order was cancelled becos they had run out of stock and the advert price had changed. JEZUZ!!, and you cudnt get back to me since then?? i yelled back. mtcheew!! i dint wait to listen to their "we are sorry for any ............. BULLSHIT!!" cryTHE worst part was that my fiancee came in from NYSC that same day and spent 2weeks with the money. I ll neva forgive JUMIA TILL they refund me
hahahahahahahahha....... So clowns full buisness section too? Refund you money wey u and ya fiancee don chop finish? Wehehehehehehehe abeg make una leave me make i go wash plates.
Re: JUMIA: My First Time Buying On Jumia - A Disaster - Big Mistake by jazz04(m): 10:15am On May 24, 2015
JumiaOnline:

We are sorry about your ordeal. May we have your order number to rectify the issue with your order please?

hello! the order I placed again with same voucher that was resent to me, look at the funny tracking details please.. "customer not available, not picking calls" can you imagine..lol... here is the order number 309815979

but the order I placed of the same item with full price on the 16th, after 3hours of placing it, I got an email that it has been packed and ready to ship, and upto this moment, I still receive sms daily that it is available for pickup..... here 309514279

I didn't get order has been packed message for the order placed with voucher. So I think it was never packed. it's all a hoax!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Borehole Drilling And Geophysical Survey / Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank / We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.