Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM (798 Views)

8 Funny Ways Broke Guys Spend Their Christmas / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / 5 Funny Ways Guys Embarrass Them Self In Front Of Ladies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM by lukaino(m): 8:33am On May 12, 2015
Before GSM came to Nigeria, we had a life. We had our ways of sending and receiving messages which made communication possible.
Some of them are listed below: You can add yours.

1. Love letters- we wrote special letters for toasting- I remember the first love letter i sent to a girl in my class, she invited all her friends to go read it together & that brought me so much guilt and shame.(her friends told her to say NO), 'missing you' letters to a lover through post office( remember NIPOST?) grin

2. Sending emissaries-(Messenger of Love)- for those of us who lived/Schooled in the northern parts of Nigeria, you know that Guys are not allowed into female hostels so, the only way to call your girl is to stand by the hostel entrance and send any girl going inside the hostel to help you. There are no guarantees with this method as you may never get a feedback.

3. Using Coded Signs-Dating a girl whose father is a no nonsense disciplinarian or a Military man who does not welcome boys to their home, we come around to such homes and alert the girl to come out by whistling or throwing a stone on their roof or by sending a child to go call her. that way, we get to see her(you see how difficult life was before GSM?)
4. We Fix date for our next date on our last date- This way you may not talk to her until you see her on the agreed date.

The lack of GSM brought about a lot of clashes. E.g, another girl can just show up unannounced during your date leading to serious GBEGEH! grin
we took care of such issues by ensuring that your guy(s) outside to divert such intruding characters.
Re: Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM by agarawu23(m): 8:34am On May 12, 2015
your No 1 is so true.

Now that there is GSM, love don take relay.

your babe will be under dicck and when u call her, she go tell you say she dey vigil grin
Re: Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM by donbenedict(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2015
Climbing the tree at the bak of her house to enta her room through her window
Re: Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM by Young03(m): 8:41am On May 12, 2015
Oh, i was not born den
Re: Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM by orobs93(m): 8:50am On May 12, 2015
Another rubbish thread
Re: Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM by nicerod(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2015
D advent of GSM as help a lot of players. I rememba a guy in LAUTECH he'l b bangin a&wll b tellin d oda gal dat he's nt around alas he's goin 4 d 5th round
Re: Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM by jumper524(m): 11:41am On May 12, 2015
Gone are those days
when some boys come find my snior sista. Them send our neigbour children, and the boy with no control announce it publicly my dad who is a militry man followed the child to where the boys is and caught them. When he took them to our house and called my snior sista nd ask her.
my dad: Do you no dis boys?
snior sista: (with fear) no baba i've never seen them in my life. Na so those boys take chop beating
true story

1 Like

Re: Funny Ways Lovers Communicated In Relationships Before The Advent Of GSM by Nobody: 11:58am On May 12, 2015
yea so correct...i did that no. 1

(1) (Reply)

Advice Of The Next Step Before I Jump. / Check Dis Out / See The Father Who Got Married To His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.