Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage (50621 Views)

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / 40% Of First Borns Are Not From Their Fathers- Dna Expert Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by An2elect2(f): 5:49pm On May 12, 2015
driand:
yoruba people stop disgracing yourselves here,

help me and tell them o. Which kain nonsense is this? If they insist on their language then they should create a yoruba forum. mtsw.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by damrmd02(f): 5:49pm On May 12, 2015
Religiously is allow to still keep ur father name..I see no big deal in it.afterall his name is still included.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by driand(m): 5:49pm On May 12, 2015
yorubaboiy:
hmmm....opolo e pe....wa gbayi
this foool is about to kill this thread.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by bumbox(m): 5:49pm On May 12, 2015
To me its Bullshit. Then what is the need of paying her Dowry? She shouldn't try it or else.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Slimborne: 5:49pm On May 12, 2015
when the devil wants to destroy a man or woman he makes wrong things far more colourful than the right ones I've read most comments here n seen that women have refused to ask them selves why were marriages before 1990s more fruitful n peaceful, u modern ladies wants to copy everything onyibo feels is right to cover up their own stupidity. but y'all forget that the have the worst marriage n family principles in the world, n produce all manner of humans in the name of children, is it African or yorubaish to retain your family name, does it irk your husband's ego, does happy family life mean anything to you.
if yes the simple answer is listen to your inner self as its speaks to you n always put your self in your husband's shoe before u take the slightest decision,
Remember your have no reason to stress him just because you answer the name WOMAN, stop getting the world chaotic with all these your selfish tots just because you are a his wife.
imagine if after marrying u he decides to always spends his night on his mums bed while you sleep alone, after all she is his mum.
just like you claimed his your dad.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Beface(m): 5:49pm On May 12, 2015
I think most ladies will be reluctant to change their surname if they have a prominent surname,knowing fully well what the name will do for them.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by afoo02(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2015
Hollamydey:
B4 nko, am still d daughter of my father. Besides am married 2 my husband nd nt sold 2 him so I still have d right 2 maintain by father's name nd dat of his, ko fa ija rara.....#my opinion
hope you're still single sha?

1 Like

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by cao(f): 5:51pm On May 12, 2015
donbenedict:
what do u tink d bride price was for? Ur bein sold sister. Deal wit it.

I didn't know you were signed up to a mail-order bride delivery service...Wow, you learn something new everyday. grin
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by ayabdul: 5:51pm On May 12, 2015
truthalways:
I recently noticed that our newly wedded ladies are retaining their fathers name after marriage. You hear names like Bisi Johnson-Adekunle, Evangeline Ojukwu-Chukwuma or Halima Haruna-Ciroma. Guys can you allow this and ladies why are you doing this? grin
I dnt see anything wrong if she want to retain her fathers name,her fathers name or not it Does not change the fact that shez married to u
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 12, 2015
If it is because her family name is well know then NO. But if it is because she has built a career on her family's surname, then it is OK.

4 Likes

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by An2elect2(f): 5:52pm On May 12, 2015
newsprocom:
no wahala naa, its cos she's not from Bayelsa bearing Tamunonengiofori Alawakevwenesigha and did not marry Mr. Ditonmenekevwe in her town.
When she bears Tamunonengiofori Alawakevwenesigha-Ditonmenekevwe on her passport, she'll see whether they won't refuse her visa. angry

LMAO grin
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by abdulkayus(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2015
Actually the issue of changing the surname to that of the husband's own is a borrowed western culture. So it is the women that are being traditional while the men are being western. Even Islamically, its wrong for a woman to leave her father's name and bear the one of her husband cos its not the husband that gave birth to her.
For me, I don't have a problem with my wife nt bearing my surname bt hers alone.

5 Likes

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by coolhamid(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2015
My wife tried to retain her Surname after our marriage but I showed her that am a full blooded African not half blooded African ....
We don't tolerate shit....

It's either you accept my surname as yours or we put an end to the marriage

2 Likes

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Ubyy: 5:52pm On May 12, 2015
When he asked me to be his wife, he was fully aware of my name and surname.

So, why should changing my name or not give him headache?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Xeedorf: 5:52pm On May 12, 2015
Islamically, it is the best. Sunnah!
Hollamydey:
B4 nko, am still d daughter of my father. Besides am married 2 my husband nd nt sold 2 him so I still have d right 2 maintain by father's name nd dat of his, ko fa ija rara.....#my opinion
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by abdulkayus(m): 5:53pm On May 12, 2015
bumbox:
To me its Bullshit. Then what is the need of paying her Dowry? She shouldn't try it or else.

Is she a slave to you?
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Hollamydey(f): 5:54pm On May 12, 2015
So writing in ones language now means disgracing d tribe, u funny o
driand:
yoruba people stop disgracing yourselves here,

5 Likes

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by ariblaze(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2015
should this be an issue?

for some... maybe, for others maybe not

however ..what would you as a father/mother do , if the wife adds her maiden name to your surname,you accept and after a period of time, you find out your children have decided to start using the same surname as their mum does instead of yours?

fast forward ... a female daughter who decides she prefers her mum's version of surname... say afolabi-cudjoe , gets married to an adeniken whilst deciding to follow her mum's cue ... would her new surname now becomes afolabi-cudjoe-adeniken?

1 Like

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 12, 2015
Hollamydey:

See your small mouth, why not marry your father ?

Africans with yeye mentality. Michele Obama and Hilary clinton should be your model not Iyabo Obasanjo Bello because you will end up in your father's house like her !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 12, 2015
damrmd02:
Religiously is allow to still keep ur father name..I see no big deal in it.afterall his name is still included.
After all, his name is included? Are you the one marrying him or otherwise?
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by abdulkayus(m): 5:55pm On May 12, 2015
coolhamid:
My wife tried to retain her Surname after our marriage but I showed her that am a full blooded African not half blooded African ....
We don't tolerate shit....

It's either you accept my surname as yours or we put an end to the marriage

Bt actually dude, u are nt being African bt western cos its d culture of the western for the wife to bear her husband's surname. Its nt african at all. Its a borrowed culture from the West

6 Likes

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by diego13: 5:56pm On May 12, 2015
Their papa Hold am na why
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by hardeyincah(m): 5:56pm On May 12, 2015
If she wanna keeps d name, I wonder who will be d head of the house.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by okhiai1(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2015
Girls following the trend of their god mother ( way some of them senior) mrs kim kardashian west since 1872 smh sha

last bullet;
if my gf is reading this now she should not try discussing it with me to consider it a No No
(iranu abacha )

1 Like

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 12, 2015
You mean Patience Faka Jonathan undecided
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by An2elect2(f): 5:59pm On May 12, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Did the MEN not retain their fathers' names? wink
Say NO TO SEXISM!!!! kiss

Its not sexism its they way things are ordered naturally. A woman should submit to her husband in everything. Even if she must retain her maiden name it must be under the permission of her husband, who is the head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Beface(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2015
Hollamydey:
It is obvious you are not married that why you speak with such audacity. Mayb in 3-4 years time God willing i will ask you your surname!

1 Like

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by damrmd02(f): 5:59pm On May 12, 2015
DeeTus:
After all, his name is included? Are you the one marrying him or otherwise?
dis Issue is not big deal,we both marry each other..
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by africanusvu(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2015
Hollamydey:
We ar talking of big men daughter not u,you can bear any name no problem
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by AXYZ: 6:00pm On May 12, 2015
Hollamydey:
Bi ose wu emi ni yen o, nigbati oje wipe ma fi oruko e kun oruko mi ko ye ariyanjiyan owaye. Sugbon iwa igberaga ti on be lara eyin okunrin ni o ma n je ki e lodi si iru nkan be
emi o mo pe Olamide badoo wa ni Nairaland sha. i like your vibes.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Hollamydey(f): 6:00pm On May 12, 2015
Brother bluetooth awfa now, u don vex o. Retaining my fathers name cannot get me back 2 his house, it is only women who marry men like brother bluetooth that will face d challenge of not maintaing their dad's name. Like seriously there is no big deal in this name issue
Bluetooth2:

See your small mouth, why not marry your father ?

Africans with yeye mentality. Michele Obama and Hilary clinton should be your model not Iyabo Obasanjo Bello because you will end up in your father's house like her !
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by femi4: 6:01pm On May 12, 2015
Hollamydey:
Asakasa Ni
Irani Ni
Oodua o fe be!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Missing Fiance Star Michael Ilesanmi Is Seen Being Abused By Wife Angela Deem / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.