Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption (21997 Views)

Nairalander Bags First Class And Two Awards In UNIZIK. / Father Beats His Daughter's Boyfriend In UNIZIK For Being Abusive - See Photos / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by ChikezieU(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2015
Emperoradrian:
Dat SUG na goat o
the extent of your lunacy is beyond is beyond what man can comprehend
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by emeka94(m): 5:11pm On May 13, 2015
younghartz:
MOUAU SUG learn from this

Your father angry

Bro u dey there.
Mouau SUG is the worst in the Whole world. They way this VC is taxing and stressing student is painful. Yet our useless and incompetent SUG is Doing and saying nothing. Smh

1 Like

Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by softRay(m): 5:19pm On May 13, 2015
nairaarea:
By Vincent Ujumadu
Awka- TENSION is mounting at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka following a letter addressed to the Vice Chancellor of the university, Professor Joseph Ahaneku by the president of the Students Union Government, SUG, Mr. Noble Eyisi over some perceived anomalies in the institution.

As the students were circulating the letter in the campus,Tuesday, security operatives tried as much as they could to mop up the document, but it was late as most people in the university community had got copies of it.

In the letter, several allegations were leveled against the VC by the SUG, most of which bordering on corrupt tendencies.

For instance, the SUG alleged that for the first time, Year 1 students were asked to pay the sum of N7500 for what the school management called ‘Biometric Capturing fee’, adding that with about 6000 students admitted this session paying the amount, the sum of N45 million was collected and wondered what the money has been used for .

The students’ union president also demanded to know how the students union dues paid annually were utilized because, according to him, the students who are the sole owners of the money have been demanding to know how much is in the account.

Other demands of the students include reasons behind the hike of the post-UME fee from N1000 to N2000 by the present management of the university, why the management objected to the food price of N150 per plate initiated by the SUG, why SUG officials were not paid allowances as obtainable in other tertiary institutions and why the VC initiates and carries out policies that directly affect the students without consulting them.

The letter said: “Our dear VC, the students are the bedrock of any university. We demand that you take us as your utmost priority. As this is a federal institution and in view of the trending change and zero corruption in Nigeria through our president –elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, we demand a transparent system and a complete students- oriented government.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/tension-in-unizik-as-sug-president-queries-vc-on-alleged-corruption/

This is a school where the SUG functions and the student do have a say, unlike my school UNIBEN where the SUG are being used as puppet by the school management..#ALUTA CONTINUA#
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by princessdairies(f): 6:15pm On May 13, 2015
FlintGuevara:
In as much as the 3rd request in Noble's petition to the VC seems tainted with fraud, I must commend the youmg man's courage. The dude who is calling him a goat ia zombie. Cico is a very good friend of mine, but his tenure as SUG president was shit. Noble's mum is the driving force behind his administration's policies.
as in ehhh..cico's tenure was poo abeg,n yes Prof Joy Eyisi is rili helpin
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by missviva(f): 6:50pm On May 13, 2015
A̶̲̥̅♍ a bonafide Zikite and I support Noble all the way! Wats all dis everything is so fucking expensive in Unizik now the guy is tryn 2 hlp the students but the students in question are not even grateful
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by missviva(f): 6:51pm On May 13, 2015
A̶̲̥̅♍ a bonafide Zikite and I support Noble all the way! Wats all dis everything is so fucking expensive in Unizik now the guy is tryn 2 hlp the students but the students in question are not even grateful. Biometric ko make dem do refund the money wey dem collect
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by kingcomet(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2015
solely behind Noble. God bless you
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Henix(m): 9:57pm On May 13, 2015
dicefrost:
If i'm still familiar with naija tactics, this guy will be persecuted and harassed, he ll graduate 10years after his mates
His mum is an outspoken Prof of English in that school
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Blitz888(m): 10:33pm On May 13, 2015
Onyi42:
The worst is that the SUG President's mom is a top personality in the school
Is he the son of Proff Joy Eyisi?
This guy reminds me of the days of Com Ikoro Emenike Ikoro... The likes of Kizito sold SUG to Proff Ilochi Okafor cos they were stooges hand picked by Proff Ilochi to do his bidding, that was how student unionism died in Unizik.
Thank God change is finally here!
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:00pm On May 13, 2015
Emperoradrian:
he bcame a foolish black goat d day he pronounced dat keke anywhr around sch will b #20 instead of d normal 30 bucks and nw he wants a plate of fud to b sold 4 #150 ...haba wat nw will b d fate and profit of d fud sellers and also d keke drivers,imagine dat d keke man hired d keke and is supposed to bring returns to d keke owner,at d end of d day hw much will he tak home to his family?
may u live long my brother.
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:02pm On May 13, 2015
Emperoradrian:
guy im a zikite o,a bona fide student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University....so i knw wetin i d talk....dat SUG president na smal boy,abusin d power he was given....d guy d vex me.....
thank u my brother.

1 Like

Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:07pm On May 13, 2015
otokx:
The SUG thieves just want a share of the action, very soon they will become deaf and dumb.
the Unizik VC is being accused wrongly because he has not done anything bad and unizik as an institution has right to internally generated revenue which is not in anyway d business of the SUG(Stupid Union Goofers)
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:07pm On May 13, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
Am a zikite too but am ashamed of your comments. They likes of you show that the perceived failure in our educational system is underestimated.
what are u talking about?
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:11pm On May 13, 2015
Octaves:
oh oh ya! the thing don reach nairaland. this Noble Eyisi get mind o. I like him for that. the VC should answer the questions. him too dey form say he no dey corrupt
u be mumu
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by queenprecy(f): 11:12pm On May 13, 2015
following...
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:12pm On May 13, 2015
tonychristopher:
I am impressed with the SUG dude..
impress ur ass
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:15pm On May 13, 2015
mikkyjagga1:
This is interesting, I hope the wind of change and zero tolerance to corruption continues blowing in every facet nd organization in the country!
And I expect the students to stand behind the SUG and give him the desired support so that the school authority know that they can't b taken for granted!
And it's a pity that a student of the institution called him a Goat, it's a shame that an undergraduate can say such without giving reasons! Mayb he's the son of the vc!
I wish u understand dis whole thing. There's nothing corrupt about d story, d truth of the matter is dat d SUG goat is being sponsored by some group to tarnish d image of the God sent Vc.
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:18pm On May 13, 2015
ewizard1:

I tell you... I think this is what we need in Nigeria.

In this case, the next step is for EFCC to follow up the case and if the VC is found guilty, he should pay for it... (In a Hard way ooo...)

This way,the other Institution's will seat up and change their ways.

#SpeakUp_SpeakOut Then there would be change.

#God Bless Nigeria.
did they tell u dat d Vc embezzled d money?? EFCC can never ever find him guilty, he is 100 percent innocent
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:21pm On May 13, 2015
chigoizie7:

The thunder wey go fire u, if it takes on ur entire village, nothing will be left, yojust imagine how that kind magnitude go strike only u.

As an alumni of unizik, I was soo impressed when I went to the school and heard stories about how this young guy,Noble has been turning the SUG and @ large the plight of zikites into good, it was 1st the transport fare, we all knew ahaneku was and is very very corrupt, but who dares speak? SUG president is the mouth speak of students in every institution, and he has proved to all the zikites that elected him, that after all, they didn't make a mistake.

Unlike past SUG presidents, they will either be threatened or bribed, but this great comrade, stood his ground to protest for the rights of the students being violated by past and present VC's.

* Noble u ve marked your name in the sand of history in unizik.

*for years to come, u can never and will never be forgotten for your good deeds.

*even the alumnus of the institution will forever hold u in high esteem.

* you are truly a zikite.

*GREAT STATISTICIANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*The "GREATEST NIGERIAN STUDENTS". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am proud to be a GIANT.
you are a fool
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Hychineson(m): 11:22pm On May 13, 2015
Ezechinwa:

Yes your a student of such prestigious university , But believe me we need leaders like him in future..Remember students are the primary concern of any institution , And as a leader his taking the hit for you all challenging the government... the VC need to answer the 45million scam!
scam? Which scam
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Octaves(m): 11:24pm On May 13, 2015
Hychineson:
u be mumu
i still be learner wia you dey.
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by chigoizie7(m): 11:39pm On May 13, 2015
Hychineson:
you are a fool

Yes, I know u are empty,there is no two ways about it.
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by chigoizie7(m): 11:52pm On May 13, 2015
Hychineson:
I wish u understand dis whole thing. There's nothing corrupt about d story, d truth of the matter is dat d SUG goat is being sponsored by some group to tarnish d image of the God sent Vc.

Yes, he might have been sponsored to do all that, but what an empty vessel like u refused to understand and can never understand is that u are a BIG fool, an slowpoke for that matter

Back to the matter.

The SUG president, wrote such letter to him, and urged him to ans all the questions within.

If that VC does not have the same type of brain as u do,

The only thing he will do is to pick a paper and pen and then 1 by 1, refute all those claims or accusations, and den if such payment were made, all he needs to do is to state specifically what the money is being used for or what he intended to do with it.

It was recorded that he asked 6000 to pay 7500 for biometric capturing, as if the ones done during pume is not enuf, of the ones done during registration is not enuf or the one u ve to get b4 payment of school fees is not enuf?

When I wrote my pume in unizik, I payed 1k and that 1k was enuf for the then VC to cover all expenses incurred in the course of writing the pume, why would this man increase it to 2K when 1k was enuf for other VC's?

If u can answer all that, then I might still remove that fact that u are an slowpoke, but u still remain a foool ooooh.

Onukwu.
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:00am On May 14, 2015
Hychineson:
the Unizik VC is being accused wrongly because he has not done anything bad and unizik as an institution has right to internally generated revenue which is not in anyway d business of the SUG(Stupid Union Goofers)

weren't they generating igr before?
this is extortion biko.
Re: Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption by Emmanuel602(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2015
SUG presidents are synonymous with an extra year but I see this one getting three

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU Students Union Maiden Newspaper:The Union Parrot. / Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water / Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.