Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707335 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
tayoamos:
Can someone get a greencard through an f1 visa through a job ? Apart from marriage, can a job or OPT qualifies one to eventually get a green card in the US ?

Yeah. It's F1(OPT)->H1B->EB GC, and takes few years, plus being in the STEM field makes it easier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
kenkool:
Visa approved at Lagos consulate this morning. I was the first person to be interviewed at about 8am.

Wanna thank God for the favour and also to all the gurus on this thread shout out to the following peopale; msnas (Thanks alot ma'am ), slimmy05 (Always there to help ), innovateame (my tutor, I appreciate bro ), profojah (expecting yours too bro ), walspring and other gurus here. You guys all contributed to this sucess. I knew almost nothing when I joined this thread last year, all the information that have been shared here are so helpful . Thanks so much everybody.

P.S my profile :GRE -300,GPA-3.15/4,I didnt take TOEFL.(I've got no super profile tho. I can't hide anything from people here,u guys are just amazing).

And It's also my B-day today !!! (hurray )

Congrats, bro! May it be the dawn of glorious things. And here is wishing you a happy birthday. May the rest of your life be glorious than your past.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
kenkool:
Visa approved at Lagos consulate this morning. I was the first person to be interviewed at about 8am.
I was called at window 10 where a guy with plenty beard was.
Here are the convo:
VO: What are you going to the U.S for?
Me: Am going to the U.S for my masters in Engineering technology
V.O: How did you know about Middle Tennessee State University (mtsu )
Me: I did a research online using Google.com, gradschool.com and usnews.com to narrow my search to my area of interest.
V.O: How many schools did u apply to?
Me: I applied to three schools
V.O: Which other two did u apply to and how many you got admitted to?
Me: North Dakoda state university and Georgia Tech and I also got admitted in North dakoda (framed answer tho lol )
V.O: So why mtsu?
Me: Mtsu has a curriculum which fit in to my area of interest also there is good student to faculty ratio.. and I was fascinated about the research work going on in the department by Prof. Cheng which is on computer-integrated manufacturing (Vo was nodding like agama lol )
VO: When did you pass out from UG
Me: November 2012
VO: What have you been doing (As expected)
Me: I went for youth service the following year which I completed last year 2014,since then I have been working in an engineering firm.
VO: What is your responsibility at the work (expected that also )
Me: I work as a technical engineer which I perform electrical wiring in the panel,testing and troubleshooting of electrical panel.
VO: So you will be working in school (referring to my GA )
Me: Yes Sir. (I didn't understand the question initially )
VO: What was your undergraduate major? (Last question )
Me: Electrical Engineering.
VO passed my i-20 to me without my passport and was typing oo (for my mind I know e don pure ),he now brought out the pick-up letter and circled a location there that I should pick my Visa there. I said thank you Sir and I bounced out lol.
I was not asked to show any document and was not asked who my sponsor is (He saw that I got funding from the school ).
Wanna thank God for the favour and also to all the gurus on this thread shout out to the following peopale; msnas (Thanks alot ma'am ), slimmy05 (Always there to help ), innovateame (my tutor, I appreciate bro ), profojah (expecting yours too bro ), walspring and other gurus here. You guys all contributed to this sucess. I knew almost nothing when I joined this thread last year, all the information that have been shared here are so helpful . Thanks so much everybody.

P.S my profile :GRE -300,GPA-3.15/4,I didnt take TOEFL.(I've got no super profile tho. I can't hide anything from people here,u guys are just amazing).

Happy birthday bro!..Congrat once again!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by femoric9: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
I'm in Kentucky but I often come Galesburg, I have a small work there I do once in a while. You can inbox me your number or email

Ctemi:

Galesburg Illinois

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
amanze15:
na like roughly 30 k per week grin

Yeah.. and a single cheap lunch will cost you around N1500; a cheap apartment in an affordable neighborhood will cost you around N100K monthly..point is standard/cost of living is different.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
kenkool:
Here are the convo:
Me: I did a research online using Google.com, gradschool.com and usnews.com to narrow my search to my area of interest.
Me: North Dakoda state university and Georgia Tech and I also got admitted in North dakoda (framed answer tho lol )
Me: Mtsu has a curriculum which fit in to my area of interest also there is good student to faculty ratio.. and I was fascinated about the research work going on in the department by Prof. Cheng which is on computer-integrated manufacturing (Vo was nodding like agama lol )
Me: I went for youth service the following year which I completed last year 2014,since then I have been working in an engineering firm.
Me: I work as a technical engineer which I perform electrical wiring in the panel,testing and troubleshooting of electrical panel.
VO passed my i-20 to me without my passport and was typing oo (for my mind I know e don pure ),he now brought out the pick-up letter and circled a location there that I should pick my Visa there. I said thank you Sir and I bounced out lol.
I was not asked to show any document and was not asked who my sponsor is (He saw that I got funding from the school ).

It's your birthday gift. Happy birthday and congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
Bigfrancis21, your quarterly press release is always a BOMB! You seldomly come here but whenever you have time to, it's always insightful. I'll suggest you give us a monthly bulletin to keep us updated with happenings in every state in the US lol. Good to see you again.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by femoric9: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
I'm in kentucky, schooling at EKU, Holla wen u get to Murray KY. Or inbox me ur email.

matthew1234:
Sir,the transcript could be two or more pages showing ur academic performance and subjects from junior school (jss1-3) and senior school (ss1-3).

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MsNas(f): 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
kenkool:

Congrats man. So happy for you. You did it. You know what you want and you're not afraid to go after it, you're gonna go far with that attitude!

Congrats again and Happy Birthday!! Bring me goodies from Naija o. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
MsNas:

Congrats man. So happy for you. You did it. You know what you want and you're not afraid to go after it, you're gonna go far with that attitude!

Congrats again and Happy Birthday!! Bring me goodies from Naija o. smiley

MsNas! Sure sis! Good to see you here. Wanted checking on you but had issues with reaching you. Sure you are doing great. How is the preparation for your hooding? smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MsNas(f): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
godG:

MsNas! Sure sis! Good to see you here. Wanted checking on you but had issues with reaching you. Sure you are doing great. How is the preparation for your hooding? smiley
My Guy!! How far? Been good oo. I wondered why I haven't heard from you too. Wondered if you don bone my side ni. lol. How have you been? Preparations for hooding is in top gear. Summer heat is kicking my ass. What more can I ask for? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
MsNas:

My Guy!! How far? Been good oo. I wondered why I haven't heard from you too. Wondered if you don bone my side ni. lol. How have you been? Preparations for hooding is in top gear. Summer heat is kicking my ass. What more can I ask for? cheesy

Enjoy the summer heat, ma'am. I have been pretty good. Bone ke? grin Going to University of Wisconsin, Madison, for a Fulbright grant. Will mail you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by femoric9: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
Slimmy, are u still in KY

slimmy05:
hot like
Africa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
femoric9:
Slimmy, are u still in KY

Chicago, but I school on Tennessee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
kenkool:
Here are the convo:

many happy returns, may our aspirations be perfectly guided through his grace and infinite mercy AMEN congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by seedord247(m): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
kenkool:
Here are the convo:

Congrat bruh and your school is 20 mins drive from my house.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
biikeys:

Yeah.. and a single cheap lunch will cost you around N1500; a cheap apartment in an affordable neighborhood will cost you around N100K monthly..point is standard/cost of living is different.
chai, i saw a private apartment in my school, got all the amenities from well funished kitchen wink to double rooms with bathrooms for 495 dollars monthly....my school is located in a town with population of 19,675 so life should be very affordable there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Richiy(f): 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
godG:

Hello,

You are on the right path. Please, if I may ask, why those schools? Instead of circumscribing yourself, why not look at other schools that will take GRE from you. See, the idea of MAT is somehow - at least, to me.

Even for your course, most schools would suggest you write subjects-based GRE instead of MAT. I am saying this because I am familiar with your terrain - a graduate of English.

Ma, your chances are limited with what you have here. Don't let it be. In fact, there are schools that have Professional Writing as a major in their Department of English and all they want is your GRE. Consider this.

To cap it:

On one hand, if you are going ahead with your GRE plans, great. On the other hand, if you are going with the schools requirement, fine. Just give your all to whichever one suits you.

I wish you well.

Thank you for the reply. I just figured I should go on with the GRE exams since it is more obtainable here. The school also accepts GRE too. I really want to get this right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
@kenkool Congratulations to u. And happy bday. U av d best bday gift ever...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
Richiy:

Thank you for the reply. I just figured I should go on with the GRE exams since it is more obtainable here. The school also accepts GRE too. I really want to get this right.

You are welcome. You will be fine. Best wishes as you prepare for your GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
kennyrony:
@kenkool Congratulations to u. And happy bday. U av d best bday gift ever...

Living to count the days is the best birthday gift any mortal can get! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ctemi(f): 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
femoric9:
I'm in Kentucky but I often come Galesburg, I have a small work there I do once in a while. You can inbox me your number or email

Ds my email: foltop4favour@yahoo.com
Thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
kenkool:
Here are the convo:

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
amanze15:
chai, i saw a private apartment in my school, got all the amenities from well funished kitchen wink to double rooms with bathrooms for 495 dollars monthly....my school is located in a town with population of 19,675 so life should be very affordable there

Cool..add the cost of electricity,water,thrash,internet/cable; whichever is applicable/not included.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
biikeys:

Cool..add the cost of electricity,water,thrash,internet/cable; whichever is applicable/not included.
rented apt don't pay trash and water bills, just electricity and internet

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
slimmy05:
rented apt don't pay trash and water bills, just electricity and internet

And who says?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
amanze15:
body go tell when you come.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
biikeys:

And who says?
majority I've seen don't pay that. Even in Chicago and Tennessee. I've not seen anyone who pays trash and water bills in a rented apt. Do you pay water bills?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by seedord247(m): 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
slimmy05:
body go tell when you come.

Lmaoooo that'd would be one damnnn boring ass$ country side with that kind of population... Well with time he go understand wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
slimmy05:
majority I've seen don't pay that. Even in Chicago and Tennessee. I've not seen anyone who pays trash and water bills in a rented apt. Do you pay water bills?

Yeah I do. I know some apartments don't..that's why I said 'if applicable'.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
seedord247:

Lmaoooo that'd would be one damnnn boring ass$ country side with that kind of population... Well with time he go understand wink
grin Boss I don reply your mail. That your DP na mavni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
amanze15:
495 USD monthly? Bro.... reason am oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.