Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707239 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
biikeys:

Yeah I do. I know some apartments don't..that's why I said 'if applicable'.
can we have a look at the water bills. I am still yet to see one with a rented apt paying water bills, which state you reside. In fact all these bills are the reason a lot don't really want to buy a home yet.

California can be mean
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
slimmy05:
can we have a look at the water bills. I am still yet to see one with a rented apt paying water bills, which state you reside. In fact all these bills are the reason a lot don't really want to buy a home yet.

California can be mean

I don't live in California. You'll soon see one smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by profdot(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
Please guys. a relative that's paying my SEVIS fee thru Western union just called me now. the questions are:
-where do I insert the coupon number?
-after paying thru WU, what are the next steps in order to get it reflect on the website. pls step by step as the person is elderly.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
slimmy05:
body go tell when you come.
bros I dey reconsider sef, cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
profdot:
Please guys. a relative that's paying my SEVIS fee thru Western union just called me now. the questions are:
-where do I insert the coupon number?
-after paying thru WU, what are the next steps in order to get it reflect on the website. pls step by step as the person is elderly.

Thanks.

That your relative is funny.. Can (s)he ask the agent attending to him/her how to fill the form over there?

Is (s)he filling the form online or making payment online ?

Anyway he will write it inside the form and not outside the form gringringrin

i think (s)he will write in a box after where (s)he wrote the receiver name which is US bank, DHS, better still let him/her ask the Western union agent over there.

You go to www.fmjfee.com and check to confirm payment status

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
hello guys, For those that got their visa fee receipts reactivated, will they be required to input the reference number printed on the visa fee receipt from gt bank, when booking appointments or can the appointment- booking be done automatically without inputting the reference number?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
Kenkool, congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by profdot(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
Walspring:

That your relative is funny.. Can (s)he ask the agent attending to him/her how to fill the form over there?

Is (s)he filling the form online or making payment online ?

Anyway he will write it inside the form and not outside the form gringringrin

i think (s)he will write in a box after where (s)he wrote the receiver name which is US bank, DHS, better still let him/her ask the Western union agent over there.

You go to www.fmjfee.com and check to confirm payment status

Thanks walspring. Actually I filled the form here as you told me to. I sent the payment coupon number with that printed page in order for him to pay. He said on the WU, there's no space to insert the number. He later paid and wants to send the copy of the payment form to my email. According to the website, I told him to send to the DHS. Hope am right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by makama2000(m): 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
Question. my school just asked me for my high school diploma and i'm about graduating. gave them waec/neco and they said i had to evaluate it. already paid WES then i realize WAEC had to send it directly. how do i do that considering the fact im based in USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
portelli:
hello guys, For those that got their visa fee receipts
reactivated, will they be required to input the reference
number printed on the visa fee receipt from gt bank,
when booking appointments or can the appointment-
booking be done automatically without inputting the
reference number?

I see your interview couldn't pull through cos you submitted. Your DS160 on or after 9th of June. @Kenkool had his interview and got his visa today. He must have submitted his Ds160 form before that date.

We await the responce of those in your shoes. All is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
profdot:

Thanks walspring. Actually I filled the form here as you told me to. I sent the payment coupon number with that printed page in order for him to pay. He said on the WU, there's no space to insert the number. He later paid and wants to send the copy of the payment form to my email. According to the website, I told him to send to the DHS. Hope am right?

in the bill pay section: the account name is SEVISFEE, account number is your coupon number, then amount $200. He would be charged extra $10.50.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
makama2000:
Question. my school just asked me for my high school diploma and i'm about graduating. gave them waec/neco and they said i had to evaluate it. already paid WES then i realize WAEC had to send it directly. how do i do that considering the fact im based in USA
are you going for undergraduate or graduate? Why are you evaluating waec? Why not your transcript from your university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by profdot(m): 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
slimmy05:
in the bill pay section: the account name is SEVISFEE, account number is your coupon number, then amount $200. He would be charged extra $10.50.

GBAM!!. Thanks man, that's what the old man needs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
profdot:

He doesn't need to send payment copy to you.. Since he already paid, go online to check and print your confirmation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
djmakson:

I see your interview couldn't pull through cos you submitted. Your DS160 on or after 9th of June. @Kenkool had his interview and got his visa today. He must have submitted his Ds160 form before that date.

We await the responce of those in your shoes. All is well.
Where have u been?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
makama2000:

you ask your relative or someone in Nigeria to go to waec office for you and help you out but you will pay almost or above 20k doing this although i am not sure of the actual amount.

If i may ask, why evaluating waec? I hope the school will give you scholarship because you are about to spend 50k on this if i am not wrong..

Since you said you are based in usa, are you attending CC there cos you said you are about to graduate then why dont you use the result of the school you are about to graduate to apply and evaluate the transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
Can I generate another coupon number for sevis fee payment?,pls house I ommitted an information before printing out the soft copy of sevis payment coupon number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
f8luv87:
Can I generate another coupon number for sevis fee payment?,pls house I ommitted an information before printing out the soft copy of sevis payment coupon number.
as many times as you want. Then use the right one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Can I generate two sevis coupon numbers,I omitted an information before printing the first soft copy sevis coupon number,I have not made the payment.My good friends please any idea?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
slimmy05:
as many times as you want. Then use the right one.
God bless you sir,thank you for your immediate response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
f8luv87:
Can I generate two sevis coupon numbers,I omitted an information before printing the first soft copy sevis coupon number,I have not made the payment.My good friends please any idea?

You can...... U have a msg, pls check ur mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by makama2000(m): 9:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Walspring:

you ask your relative or someone in Nigeria to go to waec office for you and help you out but you will pay almost or above 20k doing this although i am not sure of the actual amount.

If i may ask, why evaluating waec? I hope the school will give you scholarship because you are about to spend 50k on this if i am not wrong..

Since you said you are based in usa, are you attending CC there cos you said you are about to graduate then why dont you use the result of the school you are about to graduate to apply and evaluate the transcript?

I'm in cc about to graduate spring. I used financial aid and the school suddenly requested for my high school cert. Evaluated even though I used it to apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by makama2000(m): 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
slimmy05:
are you going for undergraduate or graduate? Why are you evaluating waec? Why not your transcript from your university?

I'm in cc will be transferring to underG by next fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
makama2000:

I'm in cc about to graduate spring. I used financial aid and the school suddenly requested for my high school cert. Evaluated even though I used it to apply.

You can use your CC transcript after you grad there and i dont think you will be ask for high school result again if i am not wrong..

Explain to school it seems you asked for financial aid and that's why they asking for high school stuff, open up to them that you are about to graduate in your CC.. Is better you graduate first before doing this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ayzero007: 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello my fellow nralnders. Pls I want you to suggest US universities that I can apply to. I had a gre score of 288 but I'm yet to write toefl. I'm a graduate of Biochemistry with gpa of 3.38 and I'm aspiring for MSC Biochemistry or related courses (MSC Biology, MS Chemistry, MSC Biotechnology, MSC Biomedical Science and so on). Pls tell me the universities I can apply to with graduate assistantships. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
makama2000:

I'm in cc will be transferring to underG by next fall
Oh you're in US already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
ayzero007:
Hello my fellow nralnders. Pls I want you to suggest US universities that I can apply to. I had a gre score of 288 but I'm yet to write toefl. I'm a graduate of Biochemistry with gpa of[b] 3.38[/b] and I'm aspiring for MSC Biochemistry or related courses (MSC Biology, MS Chemistry, MSC Biotechnology, MSC Biomedical Science and so on). Pls tell me the universities I can apply to with graduate assistantships. Thank you.

No disrespect bruv, but your in a tight corner, you can get admission into a lower cadre school but that score especially the GRE is a no brainer. But dont get it twisted, people with lower scores have gotten GA, you only need to search for a needle through a stack of hay. If you got time, start now, theres eastern/western illionois (i dunno which 1 among the 2, kinda generous peeps with grants). GOODLUCK with your search & hope you get a CHANGE of loacation by next year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pls is it possible for the Embassy to change their mind & cancel your approved visa just before collection.
IMO, they could also be reviewing this thread to know those who confessed their misyarns from their transcript during the interview...KINDA WEIRD SHA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by eatwell423: 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
ddbluv:
Pls is it possible for the Embassy to change their mind & cancel your approved visa just before collection.
IMO, they could also be reviewing this thread to know those who confessed their misyarns from their transcript during the interview...KINDA WEIRD SHA
It happened last year as well. They are not Africans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
Just sent u my email sir
femoric9:
I'm in kentucky, schooling at EKU, Holla wen u get to Murray KY. Or inbox me ur email.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
ddbluv:

No disrespect bruv, but your in a tight corner, you can get admission into a lower cadre school but that score especially the GRE is a no brainer. But dont get it twisted, people with lower scores have gotten GA , you only need to search for a needle through a stack of hay. If you got time, start now, theres eastern/western illionois (i dunno which 1 among the 2, kinda generous peeps with grants). GOODLUCK with your search & hope you get a CHANGE of loacation by next year.

People with lower scores than 288

Let's not just rush to advice. Sometimes let's reflect on what we say and how it's perceived by onlookers on this thread.

The person who got in might have loads of credible research work related to the field , publications and that might have made up for an absolutely disastrous gre score. Why would any department hire someone that doesn't inspire confidence in a simple standardized test?

Advising someone with a very low gre score to apply and also hope for an assistantship or funding is quite deceitful, misleading and disappointing.

Ayzero007, your gre score is way too low for biomedical sciences. It's tough sell. Even if you're admitted you'd be hard pressed to get funding. Even excellent students are sometimes shelved, you're not a domestic student as well and this means you have to stand out like an albino in a congolese forest.

My advice would be to study for the GRE, retake the exam based on your past info and evaluate where you went wrong the last time. Kindly disregard any call to apply to grad schools with 288 GRE and hoping for assistantship. You'd be setting yourself up for disappointment which can be averted.

That being said, if you have loads of research experience, and publications perhaps, you could try. Nonetheless, there would still be questions about the abysmal test score.

Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mitchelle1989(f): 11:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
I dont know if this is the right platform to post this. Pls house, am applying for US visa, I booked appointment using the ds -160 confirmation number am filling online and got appointment confirmation but I havent submitted the form yet. I plan to submit it soonest. Am aware both the appointment confirmation and ds-160 are supposed to have same confirmation number, but someone just said she was sent back because they said she booked appointment before submission of form which she said its not true. I guess her case should be from the recent system fault. Pls anybody with recent experience should help me ooo am already scared .

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.