Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706609 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by alfonso36(m): 9:12am On Jul 11, 2015
abeg how person fit take charge phone inside plane
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2015
akin3102:
Hello Gurus, please how easy is it for a student to work and save 7k for tuition in US. CC-zanzahbee,big Francis,slimmy05...All other facts and figures are needed.
except through drugs or yahoo yahoo. You don't even have papers to work, you will work your butts off to earn minimum wage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2015
alfonso36:
you're fine with your usb cord.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2015
alfonso36:

hia! oooo ajuju undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2015
It's funny how a lot term themselves smart, intelligent, ready for the rigorous stress of masters and still cared to take GRE/SAT
/TOEFL?

The last time I did anything relating to maths before GRE was WAEC. I'm pure art student, I used the advantage to ace IELTS 7.5. I didn't do well in GRE Quant 149, but I had the verbal of 157 and awa 4.5. If I find wife I no see wife no be to continue with PhD. wink

Well, to some it's an escape route to US, and to the serious ones, it's sure an avenue to arm yourself for the bright future ahead. Even if you want to be a care giver in U.S., you need atleast a CNA. Why not take the opportunity and enjoy fully funded Masters of PhD program.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2015
bbdd:

You economists are too good at everything. Writing, maths, verbal.
U guys. Tuale shocked

I super Tuale for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2015
slimmy05:
It's funny how a lot term themselves smart, intelligent, ready for the rigorous stress of masters and still cared to take GRE/SAT
/TOEFL?

The last time I did anything relating to maths before GRE was WAEC. I'm pure art student, I used the advantage to ace IELTS 7.5. I didn't do well in GRE Quant 149, but I had the verbal of 157 and awa 4.5. If I find wife I no see wife no be to continue with PhD. wink

Well, to some it's an escape route to US, and to the serious ones, it's sure an avenue to arm yourself for the bright future ahead. Even if you want to be a care giver in U.S., you need atleast a CNA. Why not take the opportunity and enjoy fully funded Masters of PhD program.

My brother some people will see road and still prefer to enter bush.
I'm not bothered.
Bro Are you close to Memphis, TN?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 9:55am On Jul 11, 2015
Centrix:
Some people have cogent reasons for not wanting to write standardized tests. Cost is one of them, time's another, just to name a few. Don't be too quick to pass judgement on others especially if you don't know their predicaments
This same thing is what I ve been trying pass across to some who call others 'lazy"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2015
Centrix:

Some schools, albeit few, admit and fund prospective students based solely on their academic transcripts. Yet others take recommendation letters, publications and research/work experience into consideration.

I've had people tell me they have relatives willing to fund their education abroad if they are able to secure admission. In some cases, those relatives do not want to be involved in the PROCESS of securing the admission.
I love you very big

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 11, 2015
bbdd:

My brother some people will see road and still prefer to enter bush.
I'm not bothered.
Bro Are you close to Memphis, TN?
Very far from Memphis, like 4 to 5hrs drive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2015
Ctemi:

It is not compulsory, I got mine but nobody ask for it at POE
It's better she takes no chance at all. Nd also prevent embarrassment. Get every doc abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2015
Centrix:
Some people have cogent reasons for not wanting to write standardized tests. Cost is one of them, time's another, just to name a few. Don't be too quick to pass judgement on others especially if you don't know their predicaments
if you can't pay $195 for GRE how do you intend paying common light and Internet bills? Light bill during winter, no matter how much you save yourself using duvet, you'll consume atleast $195 on heat especially if you cook with light

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2015
kessel:

This same thing is what I ve been trying pass across to some who call others 'lazy"
it is not lazy if only you want to use f-1 visa tad escape route and not a genuine student.

If it's not your direct blood that's in US, you hope on any uncle, you're on your own. The better you realize you can school and get paid in U.S. The fast route you're looking for will earn you confusion of you don't have the money.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2015
Quick advice to the ladies, try and buy plenty wigs o, hairdo here is pretty expensive. You can dread your hair if you want. I hate seeing girls carry narural hair like say na high school dem dey.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 10:13am On Jul 11, 2015
slimmy05:
Very far from Memphis, like 4 to 5hrs drive.

Oh East Tennessee. Choi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 11, 2015
hello...I need schools that do not need GRE or TOEFL, no application fee and give full funding?
Please I want only schools in places like California, New York and Las Vegas grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by worry357: 11:24am On Jul 11, 2015
sirRiddy:
hello...I need schools that do not need GRE or TOEFL, no application fee and give full funding?
Please I want only schools in places like California, New York and Las Vegas grin

You should also ask for a grant to cover your accomodation and food. grin grin grin grin
Plus free books. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Also seek airline to sponsor free air travel, (Club class of course.) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alani55(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2015
Haay God please, I need you to do miracles and wonders. Consulate interview up next week. Success to all of us having interviews this coming week. Approvals upon approvals.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2015
slimmy05:
/TOEFL?

Morale!!..if akata no fit do am, PhD go do am....Big Morale! cheesy cheesy lol slimmy!!...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2015
Good day great NL bosses, I booked Emirates, lagos to los Angeles two stops of two hours each layover at dubai and seattle.... The fees are quiet low.... Then a flight to brookings in two days time with American Airlines after touring LAX. grin. Please where will my POE be?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ikuyinminu(m): 11:33am On Jul 11, 2015
I want to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread in one form or another. Especially those who has gotten into the United States years ago but still have the time to come here to give a little helping hand.

You see.. thats how life should be. if you dont want to end up the only champion in your village. Being the only champion makes the like every other person in your village. but when you decide to lift others with you. you automatically become a KING.

I have been reading interview transcripts since January that I started this MSc race. By 28th July I will be going in for Visa Interview. everything is set. I did TOefl and GRE. I am also an engineer in my father's petroleum firm. I pray for good success and a good testimony to teach others that working hard and praying do work.

I can't mention names.. but the idea of this write up is to Thank everyone.

we shall celebrate!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2015
slimmy05:
Quick advice to the ladies, try and buy plenty wigs o, hairdo here is pretty expensive. You can dread your hair if you want. I hate seeing girls carry narural hair like say na high school dem dey.

Lmao. It's a movement, we are trying to bring natural hair back. Abeg don't hate, appreciate the hair jare grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2015
GboyegaD:

Awesome score you have. I guess mine was the reverse. I had 164 in QA, 140 in Verbal, and 5.0 in AW. Anyways, I got my PhD admits and I am happy I chose a good option out of the lots I had.

What school are u going to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2015
bbdd:

This is a bold faced lie.
I know of MFA courses and courses in critical writing and literature where your creative piece and portfolio will speak for you if you're going to be funded.

You think these people have funds to dash out. They'll take your transcript from a third world University hook line and sinker without validating it with a general test which is a leveller for everyone in the world? Which is GRE, TOEFL, GMAT etc and still give you funding? grin grin grin

Besides those avoiding standardized tests are afraid. That means they aren't even the academically excellent ones with good grades. You can tell.

Even after all these they conduct interviews for PhD applicants who are going to be funded to test their spoken English and composure.

Some people talk to professors directly to work In their labs sending countless emails and soliciting for spaces and assistantships.

You're not talking to novices. In this Era of budget cuts, schools are reserving funds for the best of the best and those who are ready to show excellence. People write GRE three times you know so as to get a high score.

On a final note
There is no advantage in not writing standardized test. I will still say it. Only a lazy student will choose not to write one.

P. S. If you still wish to advice lazy applicants not to take standardized tests, you can create a thread titled " how to get funding without standardized tests. This is real! Tried and tested " grin grin

I'm sure many people will rush to the red herring. After all many agents still dey hammer on top lazy applicants.

U don't get it. I am not asking about getting funding without writing standardized test, what am asking is admission fr MSc without the test. And talking about academic excellence, u may be duller than d dullest urself.... . Stop picking on ppl

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
kessel:

U don't get it. I am not asking about getting funding without writing standardized test, what am asking is admission fr MSc without the test. And talking about academic excellence, u may be duller than d dullest urself.... . Stop picking on ppl
OK... there is cash...Japanese pple do that. U can always get admitted... if u overcome the VO..u go on and defray the tuition fees if no aid is given. No need for any confrontation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
kessel:

Guy it haff do...bbdd gave plethora reasons why standardized test is/maybe of importance to every students on the thread; be it for admission, or for funding or for embassy sake. Other people at the outdoor will as well benefit from this good advice!. If the reason of you not taking the GRE is best known to you, fine! You can Google it yourself Cos I don't think anybody will answer you with the list of schools that doesn't require GRE.. You may be thinking he was actually referring to you as a lazy type but NO.. He was just trying to help you and others (those who doesnt wanna take the GRE) to look genuine.
Make una no fight again!!.."Humans are bound to always disagree to be in agreement"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by alfonso36(m): 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
can we also include results like NECO instead of WAEC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
kessel:

U don't get it. I am not asking about getting funding without writing standardized test, what am asking is admission fr MSc without the test. And talking about academic excellence, u may be duller than d dullest urself.... .

The bolded got me laughing so hard I fell off my chair. grin grin grin
Nairaland is fun man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
Alani55:
Haay God please, I need you to do miracles and wonders. Consulate interview up next week. Success to all of us having interviews this coming week. Approvals upon approvals.

You go celebrate.
Make sure you post your transcript when the miracle is completed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by alfonso36(m): 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
profojah:

Guy it haff do...bbdd gave plethora reasons why standardized test is/maybe of importance to every students on the thread; be it for admission, or for funding or for embassy sake. Other people at the outdoor will as well benefit from this good advice!. If the reason of you not taking the GRE is best known to you, fine! You can Google it yourself Cos I don't think anybody will answer you with the list of schools that doesn't require GRE.. You may be thinking he was actually referring to you as a lazy type but NO.. He was just trying to help you and others (those who doesnt wanna take the GRE) to look genuine.
Make una no fight again!!.."Humans are bound to always disagree to be in agreement"
can we use NECO RESULT instead of WAEC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
alfonso36:
can we use NECO RESULT instead of WAEC
For what?...Admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by alfonso36(m): 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
profojah:

For what?...Admission?
undergraduate admission, want to study political science

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.