Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,859 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707801 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
No vex, boss.
I no know say no be open invitation... sad sad
innovativeame:

You can never ignore the word "dinner". Ojukokoro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

See yourself i am not doubting you, If you check xe.com you will see it at the rate 199/200 naira,
I need a site which shows the exactly rate, It seems xe.com is following the Cbn devalued rate
brosdoncome(funny moniker) is right,. A lady at one UBA bank told me same today but when I checked xe.com, I saw 198. Dey just dey use 198 dey finger our brains. The exchange rate is 245+.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:08am On Jul 16, 2015
profojah:

brosdoncome(funny moniker) is right,. A lady at one UBA bank told me same today but when I checked xe.com, I saw 198. Dey just dey use 198 dey finger our brains. The exchange rate is 245+.

That was why i asked him to help me with a link.. He should have say that sorry is not from link but from bank..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:09am On Jul 16, 2015
@idmanzik

Happy Birthday Big Boss...

Wishing you Long Life and Prosperity!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 12:09am On Jul 16, 2015
profojah:

If I talk now, dem go say bros-don-come, so make I kuku park my gayraygayray well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sobastical: 12:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

Okay i will do that

Okay oga boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sobastical: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

That was why i asked him to help me with a link.. He should have say that sorry is not from link but from bank..

I'm also concerned about this dollar of a thing oo. could determine a lot of things for me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 16, 2015
brosdoncome:

If I talk now, dem go say bros-don-come, so make I kuku park my gayraygayray well.
Bros- abeg no cum.. .No vex
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

He's a funny dude
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 12:21am On Jul 16, 2015
profojah:

Ur mind don rotten...........................no be as u dey think am my moniker be oh! Brosdoncome please! undecided grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:26am On Jul 16, 2015
profojah:

grin grin grin

Let him come joy, You dey fear After all nah Nairaland him dey come, no be so

hahahaha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:27am On Jul 16, 2015
sobastical:

I'm also concerned about this dollar of a thing oo. could determine a lot of things for me

Don't worry dollar go soon come down since president Buhari will meet President Obama soon grin grin grin

I will whatsapp soon but reading some mails
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:28am On Jul 16, 2015
profojah:

He's a funny dude

I thought as much cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:28am On Jul 16, 2015
brosdoncome:

Ur mind don rotten...........................no be as u dey think am my moniker be oh! Brosdoncome please! undecided grin

Him mind even red like blood... grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:29am On Jul 16, 2015
brosdoncome:

Which one be gayraygayray
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sobastical: 12:41am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

Don't worry dollar go soon come down since president Buhari will meet President Obama soon grin grin grin

I will whatsapp soon but reading some mails

Hahaha, that one no fit be a determinant jare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:52am On Jul 16, 2015
kushner:
Ok!! Appointment 7:30am. Got to the Embassy for my interview. Did the necessary formalities, then got a seat, waiting to be interviewed. The lady as the last counter guess(counter 9) was dashing out the denial form like handbill, while counter 7 and 8 where being fair with their approval rates. An applicant said he was going to a school because a friend told him about it and when asked for a standardised test he provided none..Nd he got denied sad i just dey look dey arrange my respone make i no fall victim. last last i was called to the lady o( counter 9)..I started to walk the "why me" walk.

na our yarn be this...

ME: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, can u pass me ur passport and documents pls
I comply sharp sharp..
VO: how did you get to know about this school?
ME: i used the internet to streamlined a list of school that offers an executive/tradition MBA curriculum that suit my career goals.
VO: what degree would you get?
ME: A masters degree.
N/b: This question 'what degree would you get?" took most applicant offguard, some where defining there intended program choice or the benefit they would get from the program..which were all wrong!!
VO: what did you study in ur bachelors?
ME: Accounting
VO: when did you graduate?
ME: August 2014
VO: what have you been doing since then?
Me: had a couple of non-paid internships--( CC. slimmy05 and Bbdd: na this greatmen give me this idea, God go enlarge ur coast bosses!!)
VO: how much is this program?
Me: $21k
VO: who will be paying for this?
Me: My father
VO: what does he do?
ME: Accountant.

Typed for some mins. me, i just dey jejely relaxed, knowing she has no choice than to seize my passport and give me back the d I20, and passport collection form.

VO: yr visa has been approved!! a mail will be sent to you, when its ready for collection!!!
ME: Thank you.

I wrote the standardised tests, but no document was asked..Nothing, God just glorified himself as he always does. Im grateful to him, and to all the gurus,abeg, i need call some names,bigfrancis21,walspring,kennyronny(congrats boss),Slimmy05, Bbdd, Darklight and all others, who took time to help and answer all our questions, making the trend a combination of great humour and learning.

To all future applicant, its okay to be nervous, but you need comport yourself and gather confidence in your response to the VO's question, keep it clear, concise and personal( answers that can be related to your intended course) and lastly practise your respone before your interview date and avoid craming. all all #na Godwin

Congrats and enjoy your stay over there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 12:55am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

grin grin grin

Let him come joy, You dey fear After all nah Nairaland him dey come, no be so

hahahaha

LOL cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 12:59am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

Him mind even red like blood... grin grin grin grin

U dey mind am? Him think say him fit set me up with the wrong interpretation of my moniker.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 1:09am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

Gayraygayray is that cover of a rubber paint that is ridden with that aluminium hanger which is being straightened in way that would allow one ride the cover of the rubber paint with it. We played with it when I was very young. tongue undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:25am On Jul 16, 2015
brosdoncome:

U dey mind am? Him think say him fit set me up with the wrong interpretation of my moniker.

Lol..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:25am On Jul 16, 2015
brosdoncome:

Gayraygayray is that cover of a rubber paint that is ridden with that aluminium hanger which is being straightened in way that would allow one ride the cover of the rubber paint with it. We played with it when I was very young. tongue undecided

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

For ya mind abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 1:27am On Jul 16, 2015
mhoo:

@Profojah, I had not seen Awe2015's post when I put up my transcript. If I had, maybe I wouldn't have dignified your sarcasm with a response.
@imperiouxx, the transcript wasn't put up to make a point about the course. + I think I get your point, many have raised concerns about my choice and many more will but just remember "to each his own". This so called "American dream" differs for everybody; some people aren't just as "desperate" as some others. I made a choice to tow the line of Religious Studies - filled it out in Jamb form; I work with one of the best banks in Nigeria (take home pays the bills n gives room to save up A LOT) but I'm walking away from this to pursue a Masters in Religious Studies (and not settling for a MBA) because I have a pretty good idea of my desired destination (and it has nothing to do with Priesthood). Do me a favour n send me PMs so I can invite you for dinner and more when I get to the destination!

I was actually addressing the theology. It's just a mix up. I got your points but the sad thing is that the labor market dictates for international students. It's a good idea going for what one loves but the discrimination about visa status, course and nationality during opt/job hunt is unbearable..... Believe me, outside no dey smile at all. You will soon see what I'm saying. Well, I will join in celebration any day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by batu2sai: 1:37am On Jul 16, 2015
8.30 am interview in London @ 24 grosvernors square

Nigerian passport validity was less than 5 months
UK Residence permit validity less than 5 weeks
Studies complete
No invitation letter
DS 160 was filled with intended date of travel and hotel address flight was blank but date of travel and destination was filled.
Description was filled in DS 160 of modules i did and research project topic
Duration of interview less than 2 minutes

VO: Good morning
Me: Good Morning
VO: How long have you been in England?
Me: 4 years in September
VO: Do you plan to stay in England after your studies?
Me: No, i will be returning back home.
VO: Do you have a job there?
Me: No.
VO: Then what will you do when you get home?
Me: My mum sells aluminium and building materials on a small scale, i want to join her in the business till i get something to do.
VO: Your mum?
Me: Yes.
VO: when do you finish your studies?
Me: My masters graduation is in September (residence permit go die Aug 23)
VO: How about your dad what does he do?
Me: Hes retired.
VO: Why are you going to the USA?
Me: My cousin is having a wedding and i want to use that opportunity in visiting the US.
VO: is your mum going?
Me: No
VO: is your dad going?
Men: No
VO: Any of your immediate family going?
Me: No, only relatives non of my immediate family is going?
VO: Where in the US are you going?
Me: Atlanta
VO: How do you intend to fiance your visit.
Me: I have some money saved, i still work and i just received some tax returns.
VO: your visa has been approved, it should be ready withing a week.

All this did not take 2 minutes, it was just God no document was asked for . I was ready to be honest with everything id rather be refused on that..than to lie and have the application refused with a potential lifetime ban that i wont be aware of.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by paulbets: 1:41am On Jul 16, 2015
Brotherly ABJ is not bad o, am just chilling for here. grin grin
Na how to kill that GRE dey ma mind now. I just started with the official guide for verbal only, lets see how it goes.
August 22nd is almost here and I ain't fully prepared... chai angry

profojah:
Paulbets Howfar, How Abj dey treat you, !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 1:54am On Jul 16, 2015
technolee:
would be staying off campus, university commons drive precisely. A graduate student.

How much is your rent ? Well am undergraduate just go to the redeem church at westover you would meet people especially dem naija people way no de leave person life alone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mystiqme: 2:10am On Jul 16, 2015
technolee:
Bai, ki ilu yi wo ti wa ke? Ma gi yan mi fi ondo ooo!

Lol. So una plenty for here dey speak English like Queen Elizabeth? Where in the states are you coming?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 4:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

Lmao, gayraygayray Ko, Ajeku ni grin grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:02am On Jul 16, 2015
slimmy05:
That's my new gf, as walspring, profojah and innovativeame don steal all of them even sirridy

Lol.. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Keep your new gf so that those people will not steal her again ooo

grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 4:04am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:

Point of correction, They didnt go to university and study for 2 or 4 years religious studies course..

Kindly take note of that
Na troller you dey reply cheesy cheesy, she miss road come here Na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:05am On Jul 16, 2015
12inches1:
Like I Promised. Here is the transcript. She didn't waste time at all she went straight to business. VO was probably under supervision because her superior was by her side monitoring the interview.
12 inches: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: so you're going to Iowa state university of science and technology (ISU)
12 inches: Yes
VO: For what course?
12 inches: for an MSc in transportation Engineering
VO: Why ISU?
12 inches: ISU is a well ranked school involved in transportation engineering in the U.S. The Midwest transportation Centre which carries out transportation engineering research for the Midwestern states is located at ISU and ISU plays a lead role in transportation Engineering research for the Midwestern states and I believe this will help me proffer solutions to transport issues and challenges in Nigeria. The experience and exposure with a faculty with strong industry participation will really help my career.
VO:How did hear of ISU?
12 inches:Online through times higher education.com, Google usnews.com etc
VO:How many schools did u apply to?
12 inches : 4 ( in reality 5... I wanted her to believe only one school denied me admission but it was 2). So I began to name the schools and she cuts me short.
VO:So how many gave u admission?
12 inches: 3 out of 4
VO: So out of the the 3 why did u pick ISU?
12 inches: *I was already getting frustrated because she had asked that question before* So I began again that the faculty had strong exposrue and experience in transportation engineering research. They carry out research for the * she now cuts me short*
VO: You keep mentioning experience and exposure......
12 inches: Frankly Engineering is about experience and exposure and working as a graduate assistant there will give me this and help my career. There is no point re-inventing the wheel. Most of the transportation issues we face in Nigeria have already been surmounted in the U.S and I bliv there is a lot to learn frm the lecturers at ISU in solving transportation issues in Lagos.
VO: * her supervisor now smiling* Why is that u picked a school in the Midwest and not *VO cuts herself short.
When did you graduate?
12 inches: 2011
VO: What have u been doing since then?
12 inches: I work as an engineer in so and so with so and so roles. I have also worked in so and so as a ****** engineer.
VO: Who will be paying your fees?
12 inches: I have a graduate assistantship,tuition scholarship and stipends that shud cover all my estimated expenses. My brother is also willing to provide for any additional expenditure that may arise during my course of study
VO: What does your broda do?
12 inches: He is a **** engineer in *****.
VO: Come and pick ur visa at this location I have circled
She didn't give me much details after abt where to pick it. She already knows me I'm a la cram la pour student. Whatever she asks I av prepared answers to.
12 inches: Thank you very much.

I want to Thank God, thank my parents my siblings,My fiancée, the NL family, walspring slimmy,etc you know yourself. All those who av made this possible. This thread has been so educative.
My advice to anyone with dreams to study in the u.s. Keep at it regardless. You will get discouragement from ur family and even your closest friends as regards ow costly and how impossible it is. But if it is God will for you to go, he will make a way and nobody can stop him.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:05am On Jul 16, 2015
hottyarewa:
angry please has any1 heard from Walspring? Walspring where are u plssssss?

I am here now but i will soon go off the radar... grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.