Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,867 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707804 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:07am On Jul 16, 2015
zeezahbee:
Na troller you dey reply cheesy cheesy, she miss road come here Na

I no know say she miss road before grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 16, 2015
jakeharris:

Yo bro drop your pin so we can talk on bbm so I would try to help you so you won't get a third denial

Thank you bro here is the pin...please what is yours too?? 5606126F
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2015
teelekan:
Thank you all for the kind replies. I am especially thankful to you. I really appreciate the help with the GSU link.

My cgpa was 3.28 and yes, I have started gathering practice materials for the GRE. I'm really hoping to get some sort of help with the funding, scholarship wise. God help me.

Also I hope Spring2016 is not unrealistic since I'm just starting preps? Thank you.
You have to give extra study time for your GRE and make sure you work on your SOP, I would suggest you also start the SOPHAS/WES evaluation as this would take time to process. I would suggest you also search for other schools as well that would give you funding. Checkout schools in Kansas and Montana.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2015
imperiouxx:

I was actually addressing the theology. It's just a mix up. I got your points but the sad thing is that the labor market dictates for international students. It's a good idea going for what one loves but the discrimination about visa status, course and nationality during opt/job hunt is unbearable..... Believe me, outside no dey smile at all. You will soon see what I'm saying. Well, I will join in celebration any day.
Who never come no go know. After Masters a lot would still go do CNA and become a care giver lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2015
mhoo:

@Profojah, I had not seen Awe2015's post when I put up my transcript. If I had, maybe I wouldn't have dignified your sarcasm with a response.
@imperiouxx, the transcript wasn't put up to make a point about the course. + I think I get your point, many have raised concerns about my choice and many more will but just remember "to each his own". This so called "American dream" differs for everybody; some people aren't just as "desperate" as some others. I made a choice to tow the line of Religious Studies - filled it out in Jamb form; I work with one of the best banks in Nigeria (take home pays the bills n gives room to save up A LOT) but I'm walking away from this to pursue a Masters in Religious Studies (and not settling for a MBA) because I have a pretty good idea of my desired destination (and it has nothing to do with Priesthood). Do me a favour n send me PMs so I can invite you for dinner and more when I get to the destination!

This is rude and boisterous way of addressing someone you don't know. I find this very insulting. The Nigeria naira you're depending on will still dawn on you when you start swiping. My advice is for you to buy enough wigs, so when you start seeing the reality of American dream you won't sit your butt 24hrs trying to weave your hair yourself.

If you actually filled that course and you had to take a career in banking which is to tell you how invaluable the course is to Nigeria despite thousands of churches and deep rooted culture. One of the best banks undecided Now get this straight, anyone who comes for your dinner is doing you a favor as food in US no be anything. If we open our fridge for you, you'll salivate, but men, we usually end most of them in trash.

You had better be humble rather than being boisterous over nothing. Feel free to attack me o, I'm already used to it as it would never change my stands in quoting you or anyone anytime such comments are made on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 16, 2015
Walspring:
@idmanzik

!
Nnamdi, never heard from you again. Did you get to connect with the guy I sent you his details in Montana?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 16, 2015
bbdd:

Is Rev run a theologian? Is Adeboye an American?
People in the US are telling you job prospects you're using a celebrity pastor and Nigerian pastor as comparison.
Kontinu
They think they can boycott church offerings and tithe. grin Even Adeboye is a Mathematician

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 16, 2015
lomy so am giving you signal, your transmitting it to someone else.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by lomy(f): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2015
slimmy05:
This is rude and boisterous way of addressing someone you don't know. I find this very insulting. The Nigeria you're depending on will still dawn on you when you start swiping. My advice is for you to buy enough wigs, so when you start seeing the reality of American dream you won't sit you but 24hrs trying to weave your hair yourself.

If you actually filled that course and you had to take a career in banking which is to tell you how invaluable the course is to Nigeria despite thousands of churches and deep rooted culture. One of the best banks undecided Now get this straight, anyone who comes for your dinner is doing you a favor as food in US no be anything. If we open our fridge for you, you'll salivate, but men, we usually end most of them in trash.

You had better be humble rather than being boisterous over nothing. Feel free to attack me o, I'm already used to it as it would never change my stands in quoting you or anyone anytime such comments are made on this thread.

Hmmmmm... I comment my reserve. cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by lomy(f): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2015
Slimmy05 I misunderstood your signal.. Wouldn't want you to tell me I'm pouring out my frustration again. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 16, 2015
lomy:

I am just being silly.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2015
lomy:
Slimmy05 I misunderstood your signal.. Wouldn't want you to tell me I'm pouring out my frustration again. cheesy
People who usually take me serious do that at their own peril.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2015
penroll55.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by lomy(f): 7:40am On Jul 16, 2015
slimmy05:

We're good then.. sorry I sent "signal" to someone else.. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 7:46am On Jul 16, 2015
mhoo:

@Profojah, I had not seen Awe2015's post when I put up my transcript. If I had, maybe I wouldn't have dignified your sarcasm with a response.
@imperiouxx, the transcript wasn't put up to make a point about the course. + I think I get your point, many have raised concerns about my choice and many more will but just remember "to each his own". This so called "American dream" differs for everybody; some people aren't just as "desperate" as some others. I made a choice to tow the line of Religious Studies - filled it out in Jamb form; I work with one of the best banks in Nigeria (take home pays the bills n gives room to save up A LOT) but I'm walking away from this to pursue a Masters in Religious Studies (and not settling for a MBA) because I have a pretty good idea of my desired destination (and it has nothing to do with Priesthood). Do me a favour n send me PMs so I can invite you for dinner and more when I get to the destination!

don't really have anything to say for now until I get my Visa...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 16, 2015
lomy:

kiss At long last. lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 16, 2015
awe2015:

don't really have anything to say for now until I get my Visa...
You will get your visa, I believe everyone here wishes you success. Go get your visa bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2015
jakeharris:

How much is your rent ? Well am undergraduate just go to the redeem church at westover you would meet people especially dem naija people way no de leave person life alone
shared apartment of 1,200USD monthly.
What do you mean by 'dem naija people way no de leave person life alone'?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by teelekan: 7:54am On Jul 16, 2015
Boss Slimmy,
Thank you. Infact I was up all night doing just that. I plan to start the SOPHAS/WES runs next week. Just want to focus on about 4 schools first.
When I am done with my search, I hope it is okay if I tell you the schools for further advice.

I have gotten some materials for GRE and started last night as well. Do you think a month of 3hour daily preps will do, on average? I'm thinking of writing the exam early September.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2015
slimmy05:
kiss At long last. lol
You didn't reply my mail?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2015
texrem:

You didn't reply my mail?
I did
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2015
teelekan:
Boss Slimmy,
Thank you. Infact I was up all night doing just that. I plan to start the SOPHAS/WES runs next week. Just want to focus on about 4 schools first.
When I am done with my search, I hope it is okay if I tell you the schools for further advice.

I have gotten some materials for GRE and started last night as well. Do you think a month of 3hour daily preps will do, on average? I'm thinking of writing the exam early September.
Give it more time. Sorry am sleepy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2015
@slimmy05, bigfrancis21, Walspring...etc

In my admission, a "notification of intent" document was sent to me to fill and send back to them, which I did and sent it back on the 14th of July, up until now, I never get email from them again ooo regarding my SOA and sponsorship letter... Should I wait for their reply or just email or call them I need your advises!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:24am On Jul 16, 2015
SantaClause:

West Virginia university at Pakerburg is a community college bro

I'm talking about the one in Morgantown, I haven't even heard of anyone in Pakerburg, its not even in the list of universities in West Virginia on 4icu.org
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 8:27am On Jul 16, 2015
technolee:
shared apartment of 1,200USD monthly.
What do you mean by 'dem naija people way no de leave person life alone'?

You gt money ooh 1,200 us monthly say who die?... when you get to the church you would meet them first day they start asking for your number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 8:27am On Jul 16, 2015
slimmy05:
I did
Got it...when do u think I should take em on...like day?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2015
awe2015:
@slimmy05, bigfrancis21, Walspring...etc

In my admission, a "notification of intent" document was sent to me to fill and send back to them, which I did and sent it back on the 14th of July, up until now, I never get email from them again ooo regarding my SOA and sponsorship letter... Should I wait for their reply or just email or call them I need your advises!!!!!

chill......when is the school resuming?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2015
texrem:

Got it...when do u think I should take em on...like day?
inbox me your number let me call you in the morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:36am On Jul 16, 2015
lomy:

$1= N198 oh
That's online rate, go outside n try n buy dollar with naira or swip ur card in yankee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2015
jakeharris:

Yups they should it's wvu anything is possible

Bro which west Virginia university u dey? Is it pakersburg or Morgantown?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by penroll55(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2015
slimmy05:
penroll55.
Boss I received your reply....I will call you the specified time you wrote so we can talk better because I know now you are snoring already grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 16, 2015
slimmy05:
lomy so am giving you signal, your transmitting it to someone else.
lomy:
lomy:

slimmy05:
lomy:

slimmy05:
kiss At long last. lol
In Justwise' voice!, Please please get a room! wink grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.