Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707768 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
Stewee:

Congratulations!!!
Nicely done!

Thanks a lot stewee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
happney65:

Am so so happy for you..Was like Wahooo when i saw your testimony..Now i believe dreams come true..It does..As for that big head Wale wey call himself Walspring,He is next and we are both celebrating it together..Your Testimony and confidence during the days to your interview is just off the hook..read your quotes on the days to your interview and was like this babe is just off the hook..Have re-read your transcripts over and over again.Now,tell all those "brodas" for your church say you are gone for good..Make them no think say this Babe dey come back for them ohh..Tel it to their ears say na "Oyinbo" una wan marry make them no talk say one person come disappoint them..Just dont marry someone from donald trump Family or else,una go born kolo children..Or wait ohhh,Abi you go marry walspring nii? grin grin grin grin

This your post is very very funny. Thanks a lot bro..!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
profojah:
Austin, Did you see that my friend "Rochelle Massey" that works with Embark at O'Hare Airport?. grin.

We thank God for journey mercy bro!, Enjoy!!

Lol, are you in Morgan?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
meritdee:

Lol, are you in Morgan?
Yes I'm in Morgan. Do you work with Rochelle Massey that works with Embark at Morgan?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Glocal1: 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nabylet:
Here is my transcript

Did u recite all those response offhand? Early part mother was a psychology lecturer but in d latter part a purchase manager. Thru it all, God's favour saw u through and u did ur part as well. U r one diligent person. Congrats n enjoy Nursing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
pcbo:

still in newyork ,will be in ohio at the weekend

Ok, boss. Flex!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
ayyyyo:
Good day guys.
As man don get visa , another problem don arise TICKET!!! Gosh it's so expensive now ehn! $1000+. please who can help me with a cheap flight to Minnesota from Abuja.
You can change your date to get a cheaper one. I noticed its cheaper to travel on tue-Tuesday than on weekend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
spazio:
Good day folks

My name is Rashid from Ghana! I have something that i greatly need the advice and opinions of the big folks here

I applied to do a graduate programme this fall at Troy University in Alabama somewhere in February this year and just got my 1-20 today.

But then, i am supposed to be in School by August 16th. i am in a fix right now due to some few issues here and will greatly appreciate members advice.

1. My TOEFL scores expired in May,2015 but as the time of application in February it wasnt and im wondering if i can go ahead and apply and explain to the VO's there or i take a new test

2.Wrote GRE too this year and yet to receive the scores

I humbly need assistance going forward folks.Your prompt response will be highly appreciated

May God bless you all
1. You don't need to rewrite TOeFl or GRe. Just go ahead and schedule an emergency interview, since you are applying from Ghana, you might get a nearest date. You can go to the embassy with just your toefl result

2. Go online and print out your GRe result. Since u are already admitted ,you don't have to rewrite. The result are just to show your credibility to the VO

Send an email to your school to give you a 2 weeks extension for arrival or Defer your admission till spring

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
Greetings, abeg anybody dey go south dakota state university? Or sabi person wey dey there cos e b like na only me wan waka go, abeg i need any link abeg.... Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
coobboy:
So far so goo, emirates flight is the best ive boarded in my life, better food, free WiFi, new movies, you will never get board, first class people dey enjoy sha, one day i go fly first class, see comfort... . No POE at dubai tho, just a terminal to go through, walspring na dallas i dey go straight oh, na there be my POE.
I hail boss abeg wen u reach dubai dey delay u, as per searching all over, cos I get two hours connecting flight time to seattle... thank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by AgreatMan: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
Walspring:

Sorry to ask, are you going for Msc or Bsc

Na Msc o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
Safe landing for my sister and i, we thank God. Dallas port of entry wasnt even strict at all, wasnt asked anything at all, just my I-20 four fingers and face.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
bartino:
I hail boss abeg wen u reach dubai dey delay u, as per searching all over, cos I get two hours connecting flight time to seattle... thank u.
Dem no even search at all for dubai sef, dem no search our carry on with their hands, na just machine dem use Search, our plane had a delay for 30minutes on air so wahala no dey, no delay at all, na to just go straight to ur plane, but 2hours lay over thats not much o, cos before ur baggage gets to you ehn, from the baggage claim place it might take loooong... Just like mine did, people that came from nigeria dodnt get their baggages from the plane till 1hr later
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by AgreatMan: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
akin3102:
Not all course of study require letter of recommendation but you will need Transcript evaluation..No waste your 10k..send your unofficial transcript to FSCA for evaluation and it will be sent to the school.

Baba thanks o. I asked you the questions specifically cos am also apply for Msc mining n I knew u got an admission at that sch. Actually this is the first time am hearing of FSCA, am sure they won't ask for recommendation but I just want to know if I can send my unofficial transcript for evaluation purposes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
@walspring check ur mail n @,slimmy05 check urs too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
coobboy:

Dem no even search at all for dubai sef, dem no search our carry on with their hands, na just machine dem use Search, our plane had a delay for 30minutes on air so wahala no dey, no delay at all, na to just go straight to ur plane, but 2hours lay over thats not much o, cos before ur baggage gets to you ehn, from the baggage claim place it might take loooong... Just like mine did, people that came from nigeria dodnt get their baggages from the plane till 1hr later
okay bro but it will be enough for me to board the other plane. It can't elapse d two hours to get baggage right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by profdot(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
innovativeame:
Hello guys, I have missed a lot here. I just recovered from the jetlag. A few lines of travel transcript won't hurt an ant, I guess.

Flight was scheduled for 8:50pm, July 20,2015. I did arrive the airport 3hrs before departure time. First thing on arriving the airport was to weigh my luggage, unfortunately, all my bags weighed more than the stipulated Kg, one of them weighed 44kg instead of 23kg. I was in disarray and completely paranoid, scared of coughing out $175 for extra luggage. Fortunately, a young man came to my aid. Trust Naija, nothing goes for free but he helped reduced my burden, however, I had to resort to travelling with two different "Ghana must go" bag, like Osufia who travelled to Amelika. That bag eventually served as my hand luggage, when everybody was rolling theirs I was dragging mine, I couldn't help but buy a faze cap to cover my shame.

Now, at the immigration checkpoint, Slimmy05's aunt came to my rescue. Consequently, Nobody searched my bag and I didn't pay a dime of any sort. After checking in my bag, I headed straight to the airplane, there was no time to play with people who went to the airport with me. The airplane left 5 mins before departure time.

We had a stopover in Dubai with a 2hrs 30mins layover time. We left Dubai exactly 9:20am. From Lagos to Dubai was about 7hrs and Dubai to Chicago was double the time from Lagos to Dubai. I had fun with the Indian bloke -Grofder - a Student of Stevenson College in Chicago- who sat beside me. He made the 14hrs in air super interesting. #but that guy can eat for the whole of America#.
We landed Chicago Int'l airport at exactly 2:52pm. Unfortunately, we could not disembark from the aircraft because there was no parking slot for our aircraft, we arrived almost an hour earlier than our arrival time. We had to wait for more than 1hr30mins before we could come down from the airplane. Immediately after that, I headed straight to the toilet, because I never wanted what happened in July 21,1845 to repeat itself. I did the needful and headed for the biggest interview of the day. I was on the queue leading to POE for more than an hour. Eventually, it was my turn to answer some questions;
me: Good evening
CBP officer: How was ur trip
me: cool, thanks
CBP officer: your passport
me: here
CBPO: typing while holding his chin and squinting
CBPO: I can't see any information linked to this Sevis number and also why was this I20 sent since March?
Me: (in my mind, if na joke, oga stop am) Well, my admission was for Spring 2015, I deferred, and that's the updated I20.
CBPO: Oh! I see. What course is that?
Me: Mathematics
CBPO: Your fingers on that, your right first, now ur left. Ok, now look straight to the camara. Thank you.
CBPO: Where did u study in your undergraduate
Me : Nigeria
CBPO: you mean all your life you've been living in Nigeria?
Me : Yeah!
CBPO: impressive, welcome and enjoy your stay in the United state.
Me: Thank you, with a smile.
After leaving his post, I started bouncing like a real American, went straight to claim my luggage.
The rest story ain't for public consumption because I was frustrated and disappointed.

The real hustle is here if you care to know, however, whatever it is, the hustle is worth it.

Thanks to God Almighty. Thanks to my TripAdvisor,Slimmy05.
Nairaland is my virtual home and everyone in here is my real buddy. Let the progress begin! See you guys soon.

Thank God for safe landing.
God's favour in all your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
bartino:
okay bro but it will be enough for me to board the other plane. It can't elapse d two hours to get baggage right?
No it cant or shouldnt, but u could have booked like 5-6hrs tho, it would have been better that way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
AgreatMan:

Na Msc o.
chai...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
coobboy:

No it cant or shouldnt, but u could have booked like 5-6hrs tho, it would have been better that way
wooow I didnt know, thought two hours will be cool. And moreover i will leave lagos by 2.30pm arrive dubai like 6.30am then leave like 8.30am. My connecting flight in seattle is same two hours which is my poe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thanks a lot bbdd for the contact men. I really appreciate. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
spazio:
Good day folks

My name is Rashid from Ghana! I have something that i greatly need the advice and opinions of the big folks here

I applied to do a graduate programme this fall at Troy University in Alabama somewhere in February this year and just got my 1-20 today.

But then, i am supposed to be in School by August 16th. i am in a fix right now due to some few issues here and will greatly appreciate members advice.

1. My TOEFL scores expired in May,2015 but as the time of application in February it wasnt and im wondering if i can go ahead and apply and explain to the VO's there or i take a new test

2.Wrote GRE too this year and yet to receive the scores

I humbly need assistance going forward folks.Your prompt response will be highly appreciated

May God bless you all

You can use your online score print out and show the VO, Also write your user ID and PASSWORD on the paper print out in case the VO wants to cross check and verify your score online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
slimmy05:
Thanks a lot bbdd for the contact men. I really appreciate. Thanks

we are together bro
Na small thing. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nabylet:

This your post is very very funny. Thanks a lot bro..!!!

You welcome sweetheart.. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
texrem:
@walspring check ur mail n @,slimmy05 check urs too

I will get back to you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
happney65:

You welcome sweetheart.. grin grin

Hmmmmmmmmm

grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Idazbawz(m): 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
kennyrony:

Me and u na d same. Lol
have you gotten the apartment yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
AgreatMan:

Na Msc o.

Wishing you success ahead
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
coobboy:

Thank God for safe Journey..

Already missing you my guy... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
USnobeparadise:

I had but was lost.

Okay, just go with your passport data page photocopy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
USnobeparadise:

Ok , thanks for ur recommendation.

Thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 12:05am On Jul 25, 2015
ayyyyo:
Good day guys.
As man don get visa , another problem don arise TICKET!!! Gosh it's so expensive now ehn! $1000+. please who can help me with a cheap flight to Minnesota from Abuja.
Depends on d date u re travelling, a far date will be cheaper n a near date will be cheap, u can try wakanow.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.