Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708109 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2015
Walspring:

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Thanks Walspring i appreciate ur helpbu rendered also.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 24, 2015
Cyclotron:

Lol

Thank God its not 'inserted'. cheesy
cheesy lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bayocanny: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2015
happney65:

Ahahahahaha..Bros eeee..How ur side jare? grin grin
My side bam big boss grin abeg stop troubling Walspring na shey na by force
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cutemorgan(m): 7:26am On Jul 24, 2015
@imperiouxx just sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 24, 2015
Cyclotron:
Visa approved @ the US Embassy, Abuja yesterday.

Got there around 6:30am packaged like a Jehova's witness with my documents' bag.

@7:30 am, we were checked in and did the biometric stuffs.
Fully composed waiting for my turn to reach, I was suddenly thrown off balance with the way people were denied espcially in window 8 (young white lady). Anyway, I decided to catch some fun with some funny stuffs going on there in order to regain my confidence.
(a woman pretended assumed to understand and speak only Igbo language, but when her visa was approved; she asked the attendant/usher why the VO seized her passport 'in pure English' grin ). .........
...It was certain that I would be interviewed by the 'window 8' lady, I tried using the 'toilet formula' but she was still very busy arguing about 'domestic violence' with one man there (for my mind.."oga no gree oh"wink.
The lady @ window 7 then called..

VO:.... (still smiling due to her conversation with the lady she just approved).
Me:....(confidence loading...99%)
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ( passed my documents)
VO: Have you been to US before?
Me: No
VO: Why this school?.
Me: It offers excellent research opportunities which tallies with my research interest.
VO: I can see you are going for masters in chemistry.
Me: Yes ma
VO: Why this program?
Me: I intend to be a lecturer upon the completion of this program,..( she starts nodding, still looking @ her computer...then continued typing).. so this program will equip me with the knowledge and research skills necessary for me to succeed as a lecturer.
VO: ...(glanced through my I-20 )..Wow! You got a very nice funding from the school.
VO: May I ####
Me: Pardon.. (..didn't hear what she said)
VO:....(..comes closer to the mic now).. May I see your funding letter please.
Me: Ok....(passed the letter to her)
VO:.....(she perused it, then started nodding like agama lizard)
Me:...(hmm...Obago!!!)
VO: Your Visa has been approved...(she kept on talking but I didn't hear any other thing apart from when she was showing me the resumption date...)
Me: ..(now nodding like the real agama lizard cheesy , ... trying to make sure she doesn't mistakenly pass me my passport) Thank you!!

Very big thanks to Slimmy (de living saint), Seedord (Mr incredible), Profojah( Honorable Professor/Prophet), Bbdd(Mr 'who send you work' cheesy ) Bigfrancis (Chief chef), Walspring, Darklight, Kennyrony, Imperioux, MsNas, Zee..... abeg una plenty!! God bless you all.
Success to those awaiting theirs.

God bless Nairaland !!!
Oh great! That was nice. Enjoy yourself and congrats to you!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2015
texrem:
@walspring n kennyronny......Una Neva reply me!!!!
waiting patiently tho.

Sorry about that maybe I forgot or I didn't see the mail..

I will check when I get home
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:20am On Jul 24, 2015
BloodyMitch:
Thanks Walspring i appreciate ur helpbu rendered also.

Okay big boss and let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2015
bayocanny:

I hail ooo my boss major the slayer of agent of darkness grin, I remain loyal sir have been busy lately that's why I don't get in touch abeg forgive your boy oo
That happney guy na badoo he sha wan put sand for your garri, he wan make u join him in his MINISTRY OF WOMEN AFFAIRS no mind him joor. Folake don give him red card hahaha

No lele... But which one be th Slayer of agent of darkness oo

As for happney no mind the guy, e just dey find partner..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:26am On Jul 24, 2015
finestcash:
I was interviewed by a female vo with blonde hair I think window 6
Me-goodmorning
Vo-goodmorning
Me- passed d i20 and passport to her
Vo-why did u choose dis university
Me-i had four admission from 4 different university (mentiond dem n dere location) but dis university gave me dis course which is a bit of wat d other three university gave me (vo cuts in said ok).though I had second point
Vo-when did u finish high school
Me-2008
Vo-what av u being doing since then
Me-i finished highschool 2008 waited due to strike n verification of result in my l.g.a 2010 took a level classes 2011 to 2014 did a diploma in dis course from yct so as to have a proper foundation for a degree program.2014 prepared for sat with kaplan n barron textbook.
Vo- what will dis degree do for u
Me-d degree will give me d ability to manage finances and since d prospect of d course is very high in my country n its demanded many organization both in private n public sector den gettinf a job will be quite easier for me.
Vo-who is ur sponser
Me-my dad
Vo-wat is he into
Me-civil engineering n construction
Vo-(types like person wey battery wan finish for him laptop)
Me-waiting n looking at her
Vo-handed a blue paper to me n told me am nt eligible
Me-for my mind @ dis age am nt eligible left with holy anger.

Sorry about your delay and try work on your lapses and re fire back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 8:34am On Jul 24, 2015
@walspring and the gurus in the houseHere's my transcript visa delayed on 21st july
VO:Where are you going?
Me:Am going to the murray state university for my masters degree in occupational safety and health technology.
VO:why that murray?
Me:I choose murray cos of their high research and technological abilities(she cuts) n said but others schools has the same thing
Me:said they gave me my desired cousre and their course curriculum aligns with my area of intrest which safety management and risk control.
VO:how many schools did you apply to?
Me:4
VO:can you mention them?
Me:murray state uni,michigan technological uni,wichita state uni and dayton university.
VO:did you write any test?
Me:yes I did,I wrote the GRE and TOFEL test.
VO:what's your GRE Score?
Me:304
VO:what are the stages in GRE and what are your marks on each?
MEsadI told her with boldness) didn't expect this question but was on point.
VO:why that course?
Me:because its related to my previous degree and doing this course,I would acquire safety skills and knowlegde to be able face and solve the present safety chanllenges in my dad company.
VO:what do you do?
Me:I work as an assitant project monitoring engineer in my dad company.
VO:what are you duties?
Me:told her
VO:how much do you earn?
Me:I earn N170,700
VO:who's you sponsor?
Me:My dad.
VO:what does do?
Me:he is a civil engineer,the chairman and CEO of ................
VO:then said sorry and passed back my IP with the Blue paper.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Congratz cyclotron.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2015
@walspring and the gurus in the house Here's my transcript visa delayed on 21st july
Me:Am going to the murray state university for my masters degree in occupational safety and health technology.
Me:I choose murray cos of their high research and technological abilities(she cuts) n said but others schools has the same thing
Me:said they gave me my desired cousre and their course curriculum aligns with my area of intrest which safety management and risk control.
Me:murray state uni,michigan technological uni,wichita state uni and dayton university.
Me:because its related to my previous degree and doing this course,I would acquire safety skills and knowlegde to be able face and solve the present safety chanllenges in my dad company.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 24, 2015
finestcash:
I was interviewed by a female vo with blonde hair I think window 6
Me-goodmorning
Vo-goodmorning
Me- passed d i20 and passport to her
Vo-why did u choose dis university
Me-i had four admission from 4 different university (mentiond dem n dere location) but dis university gave me dis course which is a bit of wat d other three university gave me (vo cuts in said ok).though I had second point
Vo-when did u finish high school
Me-2008
Vo-what av u being doing since then
Me-i finished highschool 2008 waited due to strike n verification of result in my l.g.a 2010 took a level classes 2011 to 2014 did a diploma in dis course from yct so as to have a proper foundation for a degree program.2014 prepared for sat with kaplan n barron textbook.
Vo- what will dis degree do for u
Me-d degree will give me d ability to manage finances and since d prospect of d course is very high in my country n its demanded many organization both in private n public sector den gettinf a job will be quite easier for me.
Vo-who is ur sponser
Me-my dad
Vo-wat is he into
Me-civil engineering n construction
Vo-(types like person wey battery wan finish for him laptop)
Me-waiting n looking at her
Vo-handed a blue paper to me n told me am nt eligible
Me-for my mind @ dis age am nt eligible left with holy anger.
Sorry for your denial. Honestly, the VO gave you a chance to nail it by asking 'what will this degree do for you' but you blew it.

Don't worry, a loser today can be a winner tomorrow.

You gonna get it next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 24, 2015
fregkay:
@walspring and the gurus in the house Here's my transcript visa delayed on 21st july
Solve safety challenges in Nigeria would have been a better response.

Sorry for this denial. Please reply soon if you can and pray for luck too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spanishmario(m): 8:54am On Jul 24, 2015
wizzy11:

Okay, keep me posted, would provide you with the lil info I have. Would be on board next month.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 24, 2015
matthew1234:
Pls gurus there is an issue someone brought to me and am unable to solve it.Pls it's urgent house.While trying to fill the DS form she was asked the normal security question that what's the four letters that begins the father's name.The father's name has only four letters.Her Embassy date is the 27th of August.
Pls,what can be done.Its really urgent
Email the embassy if you can. They will pull her data.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 9:21am On Jul 24, 2015
matthew1234:
Pls gurus there is an issue someone brought to me and am unable to solve it.Pls it's urgent house.While trying to fill the DS form she was asked the normal security question that what's the four letters that begins the father's name.The father's name has only four letters.Her Embassy date is the 27th of August.

Input the whole 4 letters of the father's name then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by wynaskawai: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2015
ayyyyo:
Visa approved today in Abuja.
The way it happened was like film trick. this God is too awesome. Transcript very soon. Thanks to all those who helped , Those awaiting God will do it ..no fear.
congrats man...Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by badoli: 9:34am On Jul 24, 2015
Gud am.....Jst got admitted @wm uni for undergraduate studies with funding of $4k annually.. Wat is d next step to be taken?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2015
badoli:
Gud am.....Jst got admitted @wm uni for undergraduate studies with funding of $4k annually.. Wat is d next step to be taken?
IF not spring, defer to spring, when you're done then you can get more info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:38am On Jul 24, 2015
meritdee:

Input the whole 4 letters of the father's name then.

That section was progam and usual asked for first 5 letters of the surname..

I think he will need to visit or call the embassy so that they could help to resolve this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2015
matthew1234:

I think is first 5 letters and not 4. In this case, let the person call the embassy so that they could help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2015
badoli:

Exactly what Slimmy said, just defer if it's not spring because I don't think you can see avail be date for August before your I-20 gets to you even to get emergency date now no be small thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2015
Congrats to all that got their visas, its been a wonderful year and those that got denied, don't fret you'll surely get it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2015
Walspring:

Sorry about that maybe I forgot or I didn't see the mail..
I will check when I get home

U saw the mail.......u gave a prologue....but not completed..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2015
slimmy05:
Congrats to all that got their visas, its been a wonderful year and those that got denied, don't fret you'll surely get it.

word of encouragement.... No fretting at all...refiring mode activated with God influence
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2015
@deetus,thanks for the correction,@slimmy05 definitely no fretting and thanks for your words of engouragement.I LOVE this house.GOD bless u all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by dicapino: 10:15am On Jul 24, 2015
Denvan:
Still basking in the euphoria of my visa approval yesterday.

Scheduled for 9am, but arrived few minutes past 7. Had to wait till to ten b4 we were called. (I was already annoyed bcause I dnt like waiting and waiting and hearing discouraging words from pple, especially wen I hv an examinatn or interview; prefer to just come, go in and do business...). Anyway, gat no choice but to relax.

I was with my bag containing my laptop and other belongings and hv resolved not to keep it with those women hustling outside the embassy; one of them took sbd's bag and just hanged it on a tree while she continues to attend to other customers buying food frm her... for my mind, make I give u my bag, make another person carry am go and u go come tell me story or worst still, u run away...

Anyway, got inside and after a long wait and queue, it was my turn at window 9. Here was what transpired...

ME: Good morning ma
VO: (Did not answer)...pass me your DS 160 and Pport...., I did
VO: What about your Form I-20...., I passed it also
VO: Where are u going for your Masters?
ME: Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
VO: Why Rutgers?
ME: Rutgers is the best school in New Jersey
VO: (cut in..) As in? What did u say?
I gave d same answer, and she repeated the same question. (I was thinking maybe because I was stuttering cause I am a stammarer so she did not hear me clearly or perhaps she is doubting my assertion that Rutgers is d best or sth.... so I quickly rephrased and stylishly moved to other cogent reasons...)
ME: Rutgers is one of the best schools in US with a faculty/student ratio of 1/13. It is highly rated in terms of Engineering especially in my field (Energy systems)
VO: (Looks at my Form-I20) But your Form I-20 shows that u are going for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering (design and control)!!
ME: Yes. Design and control of Energy Systems
VO: Ok, tell me about it.
ME: The world survives and thrives on energy. Energy generation, storage and control is essential for human existence and as such every avenue to generate it must be harnessd. I hope to major in energy generation from vibrating bodies, knowing fully well that every object vibrates continuously, though at different frequencies.
VO: Who is sponsoring u?
ME: I got a scholarship from my state government and my brother will be co sponsoring.
VO: Got any document to show?
ME: Sure. (Gave her the account statement and the scholarship letter)
VO: (scan through the documents and passed them to me....started typing....
(me I just they look...for my mind, tell me those golden words.......)
Your visa is approved, take your Form I-20, you will need it at the point of entry bla bla bla...
ME: (smiles...) Thanks and walked away majestically

I want to sincerely appreciate everyone of us for our contributions to this thread. Special thanks to Slimmy and Darklight...u guys are wonderful.
Success to those that are going soon; u will also come here to testify.

Congrats....senior bros.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Boss, when is your school resuming? If u can still get available date u can reapply hence defer the admission to spring.. Your current position doesnt align to your course of study..find a way to tell the VO u have HSE certification but you need more knowledge and skills to reduce hazard and accident in workplace in Nigeria as a safety consultant and U will use the education and skills to head your dad's HSE department.
fregkay:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 10:37am On Jul 24, 2015
Walspring:

That section was progam and usual asked for first 5 letters of the surname..

I think he will need to visit or call the embassy so that they could help to resolve this

Oh that's true, I mistook it for four...

Oga Wale, I'll be sending my transcript draft to u soon o... I'd need ur honest critique.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 10:46am On Jul 24, 2015
Congrats I was also for 7.30am and was interviewed at window 7 also. The lady was all smiles yesterday dont know why.
Cyclotron:
Visa approved @ the US Embassy, Abuja yesterday.

Got there around 6:30am packaged like a Jehova's witness with my documents' bag.

@7:30 am, we were checked in and did the biometric stuffs.
Fully composed waiting for my turn to reach, I was suddenly thrown off balance with the way people were denied espcially in window 8 (young white lady). Anyway, I decided to catch some fun with some funny stuffs going on there in order to regain my confidence.
(a woman pretended assumed to understand and speak only Igbo language, but when her visa was approved; she asked the attendant/usher why the VO seized her passport 'in pure English' grin ). .........
...It was certain that I would be interviewed by the 'window 8' lady, I tried using the 'toilet formula' but she was still very busy arguing about 'domestic violence' with one man there (for my mind.."oga no gree oh"wink.
The lady @ window 7 then called..

VO:.... (still smiling due to her conversation with the lady she just approved).
Me:....(confidence loading...99%)
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ( passed my documents)
VO: Have you been to US before?
Me: No
VO: Why this school?.
Me: It offers excellent research opportunities which tallies with my research interest.
VO: I can see you are going for masters in chemistry.
VO: Why this program?
Me: I intend to be a lecturer upon the completion of this program,..( she starts nodding, still looking @ her computer...then continued typing).. so this program will equip me with the knowledge and research skills necessary for me to succeed as a lecturer.
VO: ...(glanced through my I-20 )..Wow! You got a very nice funding from the school.
VO: May I ####
Me: Pardon.. (..didn't hear what she said)
VO:....(..comes closer to the mic now).. May I see your funding letter please.
Me: Ok....(passed the letter to her)
VO:.....(she perused it, then started nodding like agama lizard)
Me:...(hmm...Obago!!!)
VO: Your Visa has been approved...(she kept on talking but I didn't hear any other thing apart from when she was showing me the resumption date...)
Me: ..(now nodding like the real agama lizard cheesy , ... trying to make sure she doesn't mistakenly pass me my passport) Thank you!!

Very big thanks to Slimmy (de living saint), Seedord (Mr incredible), Profojah( Honorable Professor/Prophet), Bbdd(Mr 'who send you work' cheesy ) Bigfrancis (Chief chef), Walspring, Darklight, Kennyrony, Imperioux, MsNas, Zee..... abeg una plenty!! God bless you all.
Success to those awaiting theirs.

God bless Nairaland !!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 10:46am On Jul 24, 2015
I have replied your PM
Msp:
Hi! Pls whats the name of the university?

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.