Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706462 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
kennyrony:

my was 32hours den
jesus shocked i would get high on cafe au lait.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ikuyinminu(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
So.. here is my transcript.. Very annoying and it got me down for awhile.

I was shivering the night before the day of the interview, I think it has more to do with the interview than the catarrh I got from kissing Bae.
Momsy called the night to go buy Actifed *as if I go fit sleep o, for where I wake up for night still rehearsing*

It was a very breezy morning.. my uncle dropped me at the Lagos embassy with 'i don't like this people, u can't come here and achieve what you want, they always looking for what is not lost, see Banji.. I wish you the best'

After much screening.. I was called to window 1 *chinese-american guy*
Dude has been dishing out blue forms since 19kiridum

Me: *smiles* Good morning
Vo: Morning, please place your right fingers on the biometric machine
Me: *placing my right/left with all smiles*
Vo: Pass me your documents?
Me: *Alaye just dey bone, I sha pass the papers*
Vo: why are you going to the U.S
Me: I am going to study for masters in information technology
Vo: what school?
Me: Minnesota State Uni Mankato
Vo: typing fast * why Minnesota?
Me: The school has a course outline program for tthe department that goes inline with my career path and my present job detail
Vo: Is that what you studied in Undergraduate?
Me: Yes.. I studied B.Eng ICT
Vo: ICT?
Me: Yes.. Information Communication Technology
Vo: what year did you finish?
Me: June 2012
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No
Vo: Kids?
Vo: Have you travelled before?
Me: No, I have not had any opportunity to travel since work has been keeping me busy.
Vo: Did you write any standard test?
Me: Yes.. I did
Vo: Can I see the results?
Me: *looks for the result of both toefl and gre, and showed him through the glass*
Vo: I can't see it from here, can you pass it underneath
Me: *passes it*
Vo: where did you print this from? How many schhols did you apply to?
Me: I printed from the result portal, I applied to 2 other schools.
Vo: which and did they admit you?
Me: Uni Virginia Charlottesville and Uni Kentucky Bowling green.. yes they admitted me
Vo: *looking at me* YOUR SCORES ARE LOW? How come
Me: I guess the test is not a criteria for admission
Vo: who will pay for your fees
Me: my dad
Vo: *typing fast* what does he do
Me: he is an electrical engineer with NNPC
Vo: what's NNPC
Me: Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Vo: *types scantily* errmm Unfortunately. .. bla bla bla
Me: *feeling dizzy already* please what are your reasons?
Vo: you will see it in the blue form I am giving to you.

Well.. I scored 282.5 GRE and 76 TOEFL. I am Cisco Associate certified Network Engineer

Thanks guys for your continued support. I won't relent. I spoke with a friend that just left.. he said he didn't write any test and they never asked. Dunno where I got it wrong. But I am grateful to God first and everyone that support one way or the other.

We don return back to work!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
amanze15:
Over seizing they worry them, ordinary "ukwa" wan make oyinbo man give my mum extra charges for not declaring, if u want indomie save some dollars and get cartons of it at african stores here in the US,
don't even think of buying indomie from african stores..it's 40usd for a carton..It's best you buy American produced noodles from stores which is just 4usd also taste better..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
amanze15:
Over seizing they worry them, ordinary "ukwa" wan make oyinbo man give my mum extra charges for not declaring, if u want indomie save some dollars and get cartons of it at african stores here in the US,
Hehehehe.

Breadfruit is not ordinary because it is very nutritious.The immigration officer just couldn't understand and that's the problem.

The first time I ate garri in front of a friend of mine, he thought I was about to commit suicide till I asked him to taste it, after tasting, he then loved it. I later told him that this is what we eat back home that makes us stronger.

He then nodded and said I see grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
ikuyinminu:

Thanks guys for your continued support. I won't relent. I spoke with a friend that just left.. he said he didn't write any test and they never asked. Dunno where I got it wrong. But I am grateful to God first and everyone that support one way or the other.

Sorry bro, I know how it feels but u gotta man up. Get a deferment letter and reapply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Visa delayed this morning...
Reason: out of the four schools I applied to, two were located in the same state...he tot I have personal interest in the state, perhaps an uncle or relative I wanna run to...I tried very hard to convince him that after my researches and streamlining, bla bla bla, that it was a mere coincidence that the two were located in the same state.. He was just so mean to give me the Visa...deep down me, I knew I prepared well and answered confidently cos I really prepared...

Feeling very depressed and helpless since morning..
But what can man do? embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
ikuyinminu:

Well.. I scored 282.5 GRE and 76 TOEFL. I am Cisco Associate certified Network Engineer

You sound so intelligent and well prepared. IMO, I think your reason for scoring low in the GRE is not convincing enough. I would say I was shocked when I got my scores because I studied so hard for the test. However, the GRE was just one part of the application process, I made up for it with my high CGPA, work experience, research experience, certifications, and strong recommendations from my past professors. This way, you will or maybe able to shift her attention from the GRE and she may end up asking about your GPA, work experience bla bla bla.....

Apply again and pray hard. Good luck !!!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Where are the approval transcripts btw?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Urch1980:
Hello guys, I'll be leaving for the states on Monday. I'm going with Emirates, have a 7+ hours layover at dubai. Please those who've been through this route, hope I do not need a transit visa for this purpose...thanks.
you dont need any
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MaxiDj(m): 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
Here is my friend's transcript. He just forwarded it to me. Can't hide my joy. His start date is 17th August. Mine is in October. My interview tho is a few days time. Thanks to this forum, we've been prepping together. Location = Ghana.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
amanze15:
yeah i am, have u arrived the US?!
yes Boss, abt 4days ago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
badoli:
Hello Aos, Pls can sum1 go to embassy with statement of result becos my skul don't give transcript by hand.....
you dont have a problem wit dat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MaxiDj(m): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Transcript:
I dey tap dey wonder wen dem go call me. Wey i hear Samuel Teye to counter 11...i go lyk Chai. Wey i say ma prayers
VO: Hi Samuel

Me: Hi there!

VO: i see u r going to Ball State to read Physics

Me: Yes

VO: Did u read the same program during your undergraduate studies?

Me: Yes

VO: Where?

Me: KNUST

VO: I see you have an assistantship offer so i'l just ask you some few questions since you are going to read physics
Me: ok ( heart don jump)

VO: In aerodynamics there is a principle that causes a flying plane to remain in the air. what is it?

Me: erhm..i have no idea

VO: Bernoulli's principle. These are some of the things we read in magazines
Me: ok

VO: In cosmology, there are 4 forces that keep the Universe. What are they?

Me: lukn at him (lyk seriously)

VO: when i tell you, you'll go lyk arhh

Me: ( shoot)

VO: ok. I'll mention two.
1) Gravity
2) electromagnetism...etc

Me: Cut VO. At KNUST we specialize after 2nd year. I specialized in electronics

VO: ok. Then let me ask you an electronics question. tell me what is ohms law?

Me. i relax. Bla bla bla (he fill)

VO: I play around with my radio somtyms ( we laf) .Thanks for drawing my attention to the fact that you majored in electronics.

VO: ok. You can have ur i20 and sevis fee receipt. come on friday at 11:00 for your visa from counter (1-3)..(Gives me a small paper)

Me. Ok. Thank you. i ws befuddled then.

Before the interview i had family and friends praying for me. God richly bless all of you.
Especially u mehn

I will share my victory transcript in a few days time.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
ikuyinminu:

I was shivering the night before the day of the interview, I think it has more to do with the interview than the catarrh I got from kissing Bae.
Momsy called the night to go buy Actifed *as if I go fit sleep o, for where I wake up for night still rehearsing*

It was a very breezy morning.. my uncle dropped me at the Lagos embassy with 'i don't like this people, u can't come here and achieve what you want, they always looking for what is not lost, see Banji.. I wish you the best'

After much screening.. I was called to window 1 *chinese-american guy*
Dude has been dishing out blue forms since 19kiridum

Me: *smiles* Good morning
Vo: Morning, please place your right fingers on the biometric machine
Me: *placing my right/left with all smiles*
Vo: Pass me your documents?
Me: *Alaye just dey bone, I sha pass the papers*
Vo: why are you going to the U.S
Me: I am going to study for masters in information technology
Vo: what school?
Me: Minnesota State Uni Mankato
Vo: typing fast * why Minnesota?
Me: The school has a course outline program for tthe department that goes inline with my career path and my present job detail
Vo: Is that what you studied in Undergraduate?
Me: Yes.. I studied B.Eng ICT
Vo: ICT?
Me: Yes.. Information Communication Technology
Vo: what year did you finish?
Me: June 2012
Vo: Are you married?
Vo: Kids?
Vo: Have you travelled before?
Me: No, I have not had any opportunity to travel since work has been keeping me busy.
Vo: Did you write any standard test?
Me: Yes.. I did
Vo: Can I see the results?
Me: *looks for the result of both toefl and gre, and showed him through the glass*
Vo: I can't see it from here, can you pass it underneath
Me: *passes it*
Vo: where did you print this from? How many schhols did you apply to?
Me: I printed from the result portal, I applied to 2 other schools.
Vo: which and did they admit you?
Me: Uni Virginia Charlottesville and Uni Kentucky Bowling green.. yes they admitted me
Vo: who will pay for your fees
Me: my dad
Vo: *typing fast* what does he do
Me: he is an electrical engineer with NNPC
Vo: what's NNPC
Me: Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Vo: *types scantily* errmm Unfortunately. .. bla bla bla
Me: *feeling dizzy already* please what are your reasons?
Vo: you will see it in the blue form I am giving to you.

Sorry for the delay brother. My observations are the bolded parts of your transcript.

Bold 1: I wish your uncle never said those words in the first place. That's enough to kill your morale. He was already pessimistic about the outcome.

Bold 2: Your reason for choosing Minnesota is 'watery'. You could have stated something tangible you stand to benefit from studying in that school which consequently informed your decision to choosing it over the others you applied to.

Bold 3: Your reason for the low score wasn't good enough. You could have probably said you were slightly indisposed on the exam day and it affected your performance.(My Opinion).

Bold 4: Every individual's case is different/ Unique.

Refire bro.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sorbital:
Visa delayed this morning...
Reason:out of the four schools I applied to, two were located in the same state...he tot I have personal interest in the state, perhaps an uncle or relative I wanna run to...I tried very hard to convince him that after my researches and streamlining, bla bla bla, that it was a mere coincidence that the two were located in the same state.. He was just so mean to give me the Visa...deep down me, I knew I prepared well and answered confidently cos I really prepared...

Feeling very depressed and helpless since morning..
But what can man do? embarassed
Bro,@bloded that's wat u think it the reason, but that cant be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
djmakson:

Sorry for the delay brother. My observations are the bolded parts of your transcript.

Bold 1: I wish your uncle never said those words in the first place. That's enough to kill your morale. He was already pessimistic about the outcome.

Bold 2: Your reason for choosing Minnesota is 'watery'. You could have stated something tangible you stand to benefit from studying in that school which consequently informed your decision to choosing it over the others you applied to.

Bold 3: Your reason for the low score wasn't good enough. You could have probably said you were slightly indisposed on the exam day and it affected your performance.(My Opinion).

Bold 4: Every individual's case is different/ Unique.

Refire bro.

Help look into my case too bro.... Cuz I was told that there isn't anyway the VO would have known that I'm on conditional admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kellycute(m): 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
I hail everyone. Hope the VO gonna allow me to use the microphone cos the last time I went there she didn't allowed me to used the microphone and I couldn't hear what she was saying cos she say talk for inside mouth, I vexed for mind. Come dey answer to question I didn't hear. She was like don't worry you gonna hear me clear. But this time around I'm gonna insist on using the microphone or the VO should be ready to repeat question oo even if I hear am clear I go still say pardon could you repeat the question? Cos I nor wan wetin happened 1896 to repeat itself. Naso I dey answer question wey I nor hear well or understand using my mind to assumed wetin she dey try to ask.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
I think the reason for all this rejections has to do with not really giving a strong ties that would make you return home after schooling, this guys feel Nigerians are after the american dream, and wanna use education to migrate, Just imagine the VO ask you, are you married, You said Yes, Kids, Yes!
when do you hope to return and you gave a simple answer, "immediately after studying,because i have a family to return to".... If you argue, Give me a name of such a rejected F-1 Visa, you can even give anyone statement as ur sponsor's, it dosnt matter again, Bro you got family to run back to!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
Got delayed today because I couldnt convince the VO on why I chose two university in the same state...Got an extension from the school to resume on 31st August.. Wanna reapply asap... What are my chances and what do I say differently..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kellycute(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
meritdee:

Help look into my case too bro.... Cuz I was told that there isn't anyway the VO would have known that I'm on conditional admission.
conditional admission aint mean nothing. My friend in california went to embassy with conditional admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sorbital:
Got delayed today because I couldnt convince the VO on why I chose two university in the same state...Got an extension from the school to resume on 31st August.. Wanna reapply asap... What are my chances and what do I say differently..

Have u found any date that is like a week before 31st?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
kennyrony:

Bro,@bloded that's wat u think it the reason, but that cant be

It was cos he said with his mouth that I should convince or tell him why I really chose two schools in same state... Apart from that, I'm sure I didn't commit any other plunder...I had my transcript reviewed by many gurus here b4 I left...just that I abbreviated the schools to MTSU and TSU, otherwise, I believe either of them would have spotted it and then advise me not to mention the sister school...sobbing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
kellycute:
conditional admission aint mean nothing. My friend in california went to embassy with conditional admission

I tire o... I still think the class issue and how it relates to the 36months Ish was the turn off. Cuz I was answering the VO's questions like she's my gf.

Pretty girls are generally mean aswear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
meritdee:

Have u found any date that is like a week before 31st?

I plan to keep vigil, I'm believing God that date would surface
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sorbital:

It was cos we said with his mouth that I should convince or tell him why I really chose two schools in same state... Apart from that, I'm sure I didn't commit any other plunder...I had my transcript reviewed by many gurus here b4 I left...just that I abbreviated the schools to MTSU and TSU, otherwise, I believe either of them would have spotted it and then advise me not to mention the sister school...sobbing

Sobbing ke... Bro, stopeet! We are all pained, but rise up and do the needful. I even think I saw u today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sorbital:

I plan to keep vigil, I'm believing God that date would surface

Hmm, that's cool then. I wish u success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
meritdee:

Sobbing ke... Bro, stopeet! We are all pained, but rise up and do the needful. I even think I saw u today.

You really should see me cos I refused to leave the booth... I felt I truly deserve the visa...think I created small scene sha...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sorbital:

You really should see me cos I refused to leave the booth... I felt I truly deserve the visa...think I created small scene sha...

lol, nah I didn't see any scene... you were the guy who got Aug 5th 2 days ago ryt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Urch1980(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
badoli:
Hello Aos, Pls can sum1 go to embassy with statement of result becos my skul don't give transcript by hand.....

You don't need your school transcript at the embassy for any reason. No vo will ask to see your transcript for any reason. Once you've secured admission they expect the school in US that gave you the admission to have ascertained that you truly graduated from where you claim, and with the required grades for admission...

At best the vo will ask what school you finished from, what year, and what you've been doing since graduation...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kellycute(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
meritdee:

I tire o... I still think the class issue and how it relates to the 36months Ish was the turn off. Cuz I was answering the VO's questions like she's my gf.

Pretty girls are generally mean aswear.
lol, one thing I notice about them is that they are waiting for you to make a mistake and then use it against you. I think we all kinda be careful especially when answering question. You gotta be sure about the question before giving your answer. Well reapply or defer your admission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.