Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706468 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jchi9876: 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
djmakson:

Welcome back after a lengthy ban grin grin I hope you won't commit banishable offence again grin grin

Eyin a I am an EXTREMELY BUSY man nairaland land doesnt add a penny to my account, A ban means absolutely nothing.
I know say here na ur life grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
OjaP:

I haven't seen anyone talk about the V.O asking for academic transcript in the past one year. However, it is wrong to say that you don't need your transcript for any reason at the embassy or that the V.O has no reason to ask for it. The V.O can ask for anything and that is why it is necessary to be fully prepared before going for an interview. You never know.
True#. I remembered when my academic transcript was asked at the Embassy, which I couldn't provide. Unilag doesn't give out transcript to students and I didn't get the one I ordered from WES. My balls just dey shake like pendulum bob from my boxer. I only gave her my academic certificate and my final year statement of result, Yet she wasn't convinced..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
meritdee:
Here's my funny transcript....

Mind you, I'm holding a conditional admission which has 36months course completion on its I-20. Morgan State University plays too much aswear.

So after every screening and all, I was called to window 2 by one pretty chic (I noticed she's been frowning all morning tho)

Me: Good morning ma'am (with a forced wizardry smile)
VO: *frowns* can I have ur documents pls?
Me: *I be like 'what I do na?'* Gave em to her

VO: Can u pls place ur four fingers on the (didn't hear her but I knew she was talking about the fingerprint scanner) pls?
Me: Placed four fingers on scanner and was staring at her... I knew she was done, but I didn't remove dem fingers until she said I should remove them.

VO: Where are you going in US?
Me: Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland.

VO: How long is your course of study?
Me: (for my mind, I be like 'beht why?' this girl no dey see komot eye?) 36 months

VO: What course?
Me: MS in Project Management

VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle

VO: What does he do?
Me: He's contracted to Ekiti State and Ondo State Government and he's into real Estate. He buys, sells and develops prop.. *Cuts

VO: Did you write any test?
Me: Yes I did

VO: Which one (with strong face)
Me: (Me sef give am ogbeni, calm down face) GRE

VO: Can I see it?
Me: (She just owned me at this stage cuz I was looking for the LovePeddler print out that was making out with one of my documents) Sorry ma, gimme a min

VO: LET ME SEE THE PRINT OUT! (I guess y'all understands why I used the caps here)
Me: found it and gave it to her. (Her mind come down)

VO: okay good, Why this school?
Me: Out of the schools that offered me admission, MSU is the only school that has its school of management accredited by Association to Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business. While also going through the graduate research works, I came across an ongoing research by professor Ali Emdad that centers on Addressing Enterprise and Vendor issues in Data Center Infrastructure Management which is inline with my work. I contact... *cuts me*

VO: Where do you work?
Me: I said Airtel NG, but was transferred there by one of their contracted outsourcing and facility managem...*cuts* (I for just use vendor easily)

VO: When did you Graduate?
Me: Dec 2010

VO: What did you study as undergraduate?
Me: Pure and Applied Physics

VO: What do you do?
Me: I work..... (she was staring at me straight in the eye now) so I continued and told her, I work as a Data Center support and Analyst.

VO: Dancing center what?
Me: (For my mind, I be like... Dancing Salsa ni) Data Center support and Analyst

I though I already owned her here until she asked the question that killed me...

VO: What class would you be taking?
Me: Project management class with focus on Information technology management. Listed 2 courses in this class *cuts*

VO: Unfortunately........................................ I no hear the rest
Me: (With confidence level now below 10%) I just said the thank you and my crush on her died on the spot.

I don't know, but I think as a conditional admission student, I should have told her the 9 credit courses that would have qualified me for the major course instead of the major ones.

Thanks to Juntod, Innovativeame, Bigfrancis21, Slimmy and many others here that assisted in one way or the day and sorry for disappointing you guys.

Make I go clear my ish with my HR first, me that was thinking that I'd drop my resignation letter this week ehn.

I'm down but not out. Goodluck to others

Sorry for your delay.
Prep harder and fire again ...HR must receive you resignation letter IJN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
HoneyBronzed:
Hope Indomie won't be seized at the Airport? Pls don't tell me about the noodles in the US. I want my indomie, thanks.

Indomie is allowed! Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
profojah:

He's back in naija cheesy

Lmfao... You guys are hilarious grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 11:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nabylet:

Black market. It's really falling.

I enquired today and was told 230, dude told me it had increased again. I just weak
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
Denvan:

Thanks. First bank now give cash for PTA. The person who attended to me said they are now authorize to do so, though they weren't giving cash a few weeks back.

Are you an account holder or they sell to anybody
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 12:09am On Aug 06, 2015
ikuyinminu:

After much screening.. I was called to window 1 *chinese-american guy*
Dude has been dishing out blue forms since 19kiridum

Me: *smiles* Good morning
Vo: Morning, please place your right fingers on the biometric machine
Me: *placing my right/left with all smiles*
Vo: Pass me your documents?

Vo: Did you write any standard test?
Me: Yes.. I did
Vo: Can I see the results?
Me: *looks for the result of both toefl and gre, and showed him through the glass*
Vo: I can't see it from here, can you pass it underneath
Me: *passes it*
Vo: where did you print this from? How many schhols did you apply to?
Me: I printed from the result portal, I applied to 2 other schools.
Vo: which and did they admit you?
Me: Uni Virginia Charlottesville and Uni Kentucky Bowling green.. yes they admitted me
Vo: *looking at me* YOUR SCORES ARE LOW? How come
Me: I guess the test is not a criteria for admission

Vo: *types scantily* errmm Unfortunately. .. bla bla bla
Me: *feeling dizzy already* please what are your reasons?
Vo: you will see it in the blue form I am giving to you.

Well.. I scored 282.5 GRE and 76 TOEFL. I am Cisco Associate certified Network Engineer

Sorry for the delay.
If I had to add your reason for the low GRE score was off putting to the VO
You needed to come across as academically competent. You wrote the GRE which is a fairly tough exam, that shows academic drive. You could have completed it by telling him something else apart from the fact that the reason for the low score was because "it wasn't needed...."

Refire and you'll be good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by angel34real(f): 12:29am On Aug 06, 2015
profojah:

Drop your full transcript bro...
I don't think its because the schools are located in the same state. Though, choosing two schools in similar state can make the VO smell something BUT I think you didn't give a GOOD reason why you choose the school..The 4 schools Angel34real choose are all in TEXAS and she still got her visa And so many goons here, despite applying to schools in same state, still got their visas. Maybe the VO wasn't in good mood tho OR it wasn't your day.

My advice: Try get another date and face the VO again, you might be lucky to meet a nicer one who wouldn't even ask for names & location of schools you choose. You can defer if no earlier date is found..But I'm very sure you'll get it next time....

That's a good observation. He can mention two from TX and two others elsewhere to complete his list of 4 schools.
To the best of my knowledge, all of my 4 schools are in Texas. Don't know how you see it. Suggestion- if asked do not mention all schools located in TX.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 06, 2015
angel34real:

That's a good observation. He can mention two from TX and two others elsewhere to complete his list of 4 schools.
To the best of my knowledge, all of my 4 schools are in Texas. Don't know how you see it. Suggestion- if asked do not mention all schools located in TX.

His schools isn't at TX but TN. I'm sure he'll meet a nice VO next time he appear, who won't even ask or check the names & location of all schools he applied..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2015
Profojah,I saw your last comment before it got hiden..Na me and you and the goons wey u mention always dey there..I still see how una dey peep for that place today... grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 2:09am On Aug 06, 2015
Sorry bro,you got to be a man and cheer up.deffer your admission and reapply.you will get it the next time!
Sorbital:
Visa delayed this morning...
Reason: out of the four schools I applied to, two were located in the same state...he tot I have personal interest in the state, perhaps an uncle or relative I wanna run to...I tried very hard to convince him that after my researches and streamlining, bla bla bla, that it was a mere coincidence that the two were located in the same state.. He was just so mean to give me the Visa...deep down me, I knew I prepared well and answered confidently cos I really prepared...

Feeling very depressed and helpless since morning..
But what can man do? embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:35am On Aug 06, 2015
warriboy21:
Boss Abeg na which area bdat.
Hw u c d 3 person shared apt
Hustle-town,Texas..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 06, 2015
Sorbital:
Visa delayed this morning...
Reason: out of the four schools I applied to, two were located in the same state...he tot I have personal interest in the state, perhaps an uncle or relative I wanna run to...I tried very hard to convince him that after my researches and streamlining, bla bla bla, that it was a mere coincidence that the two were located in the same state.. He was just so mean to give me the Visa...deep down me, I knew I prepared well and answered confidently cos I really prepared...

Feeling very depressed and helpless since morning..
But what can man do? embarassed
sorry bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 06, 2015
profojah:

His schools isn't at TX but TN. I'm sure he'll meet a nice VO next time he appear, who won't even ask or check the names & location of all schools he applied..
he better get prepared next time,a visa officer can ask you a question you never expected..that's why you gotta be prepared,it's like a student who has a final exam and only reads one page of his textbook thinking questions are only gonna be asked from that page.During my time I was asked that question..I applied to a school in Arkansas,Minnesota,Texas ..The VO asked me why I went for the school in minnesota notwithstanding the cold weather and Arkansas being a better State..I gave him a straight answer..God knows I was prepared for anything on the 31st of July 2014.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 6:11am On Aug 06, 2015
stevecrun:
Hustle-town,Texas..
Oh Texas.. Dat oven city
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 6:40am On Aug 06, 2015
djmakson:

In my opinion, I think the VO woke up on the wrong side of the bed cos apparently she wasn't happy while she was conducting the interview session.

I'm also wondering if the bolded parts are related in one way or the other. Often times (my inference from people's transcripts right here), the VOs like it when your undergraduate course as well as your work are related to your intended graduate course.

My work experience is inline with my intending course which is Project management with focus in IT management.

Data center infrastructure management is largely IT management and part engineering management, construction management, safety management, conflict management, e.t.c...

Physics is also related to IT (computers and telecommunications). In fact, I started working as a Network support for my school ICT center in my second year.

She was just confused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ikuyinminu(m): 6:42am On Aug 06, 2015
Stewee:

Sorry about your delay bro...
That chinko guy tho...I remember praying him out of my destiny for the two interviews I did. grin
That guy is a major buzz kill.
But nothing do you... You'll definitely get it the second time.

Does you school require those tests?

I pray never to come across him again.. If I do.. I will excuse myself and go visit the toilet.

It is not a requirement for admission for I read it on here and my cousin said I shld write one. So I ssat for the 2exams a day after the other.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 6:50am On Aug 06, 2015
Sorbital:

Me: Good morning... With genuine smile and confidence

Vo: good morning... Your four left fingers on the scanner for verification

We were looking at each other eye ball to eye ball, I almost cried... I saw pity in his eyes yet I was praying for 12hour miracle...it didn't just happen. The security guy just came and convinced me out

That's my story..

My school resumes on 30th, wanna book another appointment... Don't wanna lose my GA..

Please brother, make una advise me

Wow! so it was you... you were so Audible and I knew you must have been a nairalander (especially when I heard princeton review) when I heard you giving it to him with confidence. I thought you nailed it!

Sorry bro.. All is well. Earliest date now is 26th August tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by twAYz: 7:31am On Aug 06, 2015
Hello all, please am having a challenge scheduling appointment. I keep having this error "Your request cannot be processed at this time. The administrator has been alerted. User could not be created. Please ensure first name and last name are entered as they are in your passport".
I have entered the information severally and the passport information correctly entered. Please, I would appreciate if someone who has had similar challenge could put me through on how to go about this. Kind regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.