Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC (42595 Views)

PDP Leaders Conspired With APC To Sack Jonathan – Senator / APC Governorship Aspirant, 17,000 Others Defect To PDP / Kwankwaso’s Aide, Others Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by jibrilaminu003(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2015
Sooroptimist1:
Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, others defect to APC

The Senator and House of Representatives member representing
President Goodluck Jonathan constituency at the National Assembly, Senator Clever Marcus Ikisikpo and Hon Nadu Karibo have defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Also, the Bayelsa State House of Assembly member representing Ogbia Constituency 1, Hon. Azibola Omekwe was among those that also defected to the APC.

The legislators and other members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that defected were led to the APC’s National Secretariat by the former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Timpre Sylva.

Addressing journalists at the party’s Secretariat in Abuja, leader of the defectors. and Senator representing Bayelsa East senatorial district at the National Assembly, Senator Ikisikpo said they believed that Bayelsa State would be better represented and developed under the APC platform.

While berating the PDP for under developing the state, he said that the party will work hard to win the governorship election in the state slated latter this year.

Senator Ikiskpo stated that sentiment had prevented them from moving to the APC before the elections were over, explaining that they would have moved earlier but didn’t want to be associated with the consequence that would have befallen Jonathan after the election.

He said: “We expressed our readiness today to work with the APC at the local, state and national levels. We are convinced that APC will best represent the future for Ogbia, for Bayelsa and for Nigeria. Together, we hereby join the movement for change in Nigeria.”

In his speech, the former Bayelsa State governor and leader of APC in the state, Chief Timipre Sylva said Baylsians have realised that they needed change and the time has come for the state to embrace change.

He regretted that the party worked hard in the just concluded election to deliver the state to the APC but PDP forces who were bent at rigging the election frustrated their efforts.

The former governor assured the party leaders that APC will clinch the governorship seat in the next election.

Receiving the defectors on behalf of the national leadership, former governor of Ekiti state and Deputy National Chairman South, Engr Segun Oni commended them for coming to the APC fold while charging them to work hard for the success of the party in the next governor ship election

SOURCE:http://newtelegraphonline.com/jonathans-senator-rep-others-defect-to-apc/

Good news!!!
Change the changers
Transform the transformers then
Watch the watchers!!!!
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by FitnessNigeria: 12:11pm On May 14, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
hmmm..

Expect disintegration in apc soon, as the south west,middle bet and south south apc together with the south east (igbos) who have no choice when it comes to politics than to support/follow there brothers in the south south who they have forcefully adopted even if they (south south) have no interest in there(igbo) brotherhood request..Example; Biafra republic proposal, before and even now...

The above regions will team up together to jettison power back to the south, propably south west, cos for igbo to be president is like a night mear.

But cnt really tell if this team up would be against 2019 or 2023 presidential election, but i think it would be that of 2023 presidential election...

REAL SOUTH SOUTHERNERS don't go about screaming igbos up and down, only imposters like you do

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 14, 2015
Nawa this country is going nowhere. Some niggas just need bullet wound.
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by neocortex: 12:50pm On May 14, 2015
The headline should have been "expired and rejected PDP senators defect to APC"
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by disumusa: 1:20pm On May 14, 2015
See im not a yoruba but i respect them, they are very very stable politicaly, they respct leader not money

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Namadobi: 1:29pm On May 14, 2015
ASARI DAKUBO MY HERO

TOMPOLO MY ROLE MODEL

ORUBEBE MY GUY
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 14, 2015
focus7:
Igbos una see unna life?in one of my post I said it that alliance between the iIgbos and and south south can never work, because the south southerners will never be surrogates to the Igbos.

The day I will stop reading things like this I will know that Igbos have lost the domancy battle with the yorubas... they cant still understand the Igbo games and the yorubas are pained
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 14, 2015
Clerverly:
SS/SE Can Never Play opposition politics! Apc will surely clinch the Governorship Seat there!

and how will it benefit you mumu... you dont know strong opposition makes a democratic settings strong and strict to good governance
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 14, 2015
So Jonathan has a senator before now, one senator for himself then Nigeria is in trouble.... Yoruba ppl and journalism grin grin grin I saw this same headline in Vanguard SMH
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by datribune: 3:27pm On May 14, 2015
lazsnaira:

I have raised a point, a salient one at that. Which will sooner come to pass except there is a strong opposition to check the excesses of apc.

You're pained mr, but who cares. If your yoruba tribe thinks they would enjoy a dime higher than other tribes in this coming government then you're all deluded.

SS&SE should have retained pdp so as to keep the government at the will of the citizens but yorubas are busy abusing Igbos for not joining the apc train. And now that a few greedy bayelsans are selling their birthright for a pot of soup as they're all wont to. And you fools are here celebrating and mocking Igbos without knowing the joke is on you lot.

[b]I'm not surprised dat such delusional scenarios & permutations make sense to someone who thinks it also makes sense to keep d clueless GEJ in power. Since when has d PDP bcom some people's birthright?. While patriots think in terms of nigeria, small minds think of tribe & religion.In 2011, we voted 4 GEJ but he turned out to be a complete disappointment. In 2015 Wit elections coming & wit little or no achievement to point to, GEJ's only hope of clinging to power was to play d evil card of fear & division to rally d gullible band of bigots like u. Nigerians ar not dumb. In d national interest they rejected division & fear & sent d Divider-in-Chief packing out of Aso rock. Unfortunately most of his bigoted supporters on dis forum hav had no other reasonable reaction than throwing Orubebeic tantrums of pain & despair & painting deluded scenarios & narratives reminiscent of people going thru different stages of loss & grief. Keep up d delusions if it makes u feel better[/b]
Ask urself if GEJ being a southerner or Xtian has had any impact on his style of leadership.  Stop being a bigot.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by lazsnaira(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2015
datribune:

[b]I'm not surprised dat such delusional scenarios & permutations make sense to someone who thinks it also makes sense to keep d clueless GEJ in power. Since when has d PDP bcom some people's birthright?. While patriots think in terms of nigeria, small minds think of tribe & religion.In 2011, we voted 4 GEJ but he turned out to be a complete disappointment. In 2015 Wit elections coming & wit little or no achievement to point to, GEJ's only hope of clinging to power was to play d evil card of fear & division to rally d gullible band of bigots like u. Nigerians ar not dumb. In d national interest they rejected division & fear & sent d Divider-in-Chief packing out of Aso rock. Unfortunately most of his bigoted supporters on dis forum hav had no other reasonable reaction than throwing Orubebeic tantrums of pain & despair & painting deluded scenarios & narratives reminiscent of people going thru different stages of loss & grief. Keep up d delusions if it makes u feel better[/b]
Ask urself if GEJ being a southerner or Xtian has had any impact on his style of leadership.  Stop being a bigot.

I hate people who can't hold a simple discuss without resulting to vituperation.

Do learn the art of communication, so you don't always type out your fingers, only to in the end confound your audience.
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by datribune: 4:54pm On May 14, 2015
lazsnaira:

I hate people who can't hold a simple discuss without resulting to vituperation.

Do learn the art of communication, so you don't always type out your fingers, only to in the end confound your audience.

lazsnaira:

I have raised a point, a salient one at that. Which will sooner come to pass except there is a strong opposition to check the excesses of apc.

You're pained mr, but who cares. If your yoruba tribe thinks they would enjoy a dime higher than other tribes in this coming government then you're all deluded.

SS&SE should have retained pdp so as to keep the government at the will of the citizens but yorubas are busy abusing Igbos for not joining the apc train. And now that a few greedy bayelsans are selling their birthright for a pot of soup as they're all wont to. And you fools are here celebrating and mocking Igbos without knowing the joke is on you lot.

Re-read ur earlier post & u'll see dat dis is a hypocritical piece of sh*t & dat indeed u need d advice more than i do.
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by geosilbert: 5:19pm On May 14, 2015
Lusola15:
Men with very little principles. stay where u are and effect change

Believing in yourself as a politician with ideas and sticking to different party is the only thing that can keep our democracy not moving from one party to another. Stick to where u are and make changes Nigerian politicians

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 14, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
hmmm..

Expect disintegration in apc soon, as the south west,middle bet and south south apc together with the south east (igbos) who have no choice when it comes to politics than to support/follow there brothers in the south south who they have forcefully adopted even if they (south south) have no interest in there(igbo) brotherhood request..Example; Biafra republic proposal, before and even now...

The above regions will team up together to jettison power back to the south, propably south west, cos for igbo to be president is like a night mear.

But cnt really tell if this team up would be against 2019 or 2023 presidential election, but i think it would be that of 2023 presidential election...

the day you don't mention Igbo in ur post is d day u die..
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Maxiyke: 8:01pm On May 14, 2015
Your English is nauseating. In your imagination the west won the presidential election for the North?
What was the vote difference between APC and PDP in the west?
Get a grip brother.
And which tribe is South-South?
Ikwerreboy:
hmmm..

Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Franchise21(m): 8:59pm On May 14, 2015
Politicians n their selfish interest
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by wexyee: 2:02pm On May 15, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
hmmm..

lol..... by that time the apc candidate is a Yoruba man....... so i don't think any party can beat apc provided that apc do good
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by eneidoko(f): 1:16am On May 16, 2015
Nigerian politics! Putting their mouths where there money is?

APC should reject some of these fortune-hunters.

Afterall, Nigeria needs a credible opposition and not one-party state.
Re: BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC by Macelliot(m): 10:16pm On May 18, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
hmmm..

You need panadol extra...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? / The Sad News Of Trump’s Triumph, By Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.