Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past (69219 Views)

Pictures From The Boat Regatta Held For Lagos@50 / Pictures From Obodoukwu Festival Held In Imo State / Pictures From Omabe Festival In Nsukka, Enugu State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 14, 2015
loomer:
When Nigerians where really happy to live with one another

Not exactly...even back then there were rumbles and rumbles.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by KingTom(m): 1:54pm On May 14, 2015
Gen. Yakubu Gowon and his beautiful wife grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Helkayklassic(m): 1:55pm On May 14, 2015
Ikorodu road

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by babeshe: 1:55pm On May 14, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Mumu.
don't mine him why call ojukwu nemesis
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Touchforfree(m): 1:55pm On May 14, 2015
afolag:

BRT

They named this truck "Boole-kaja".
Meaning "alight, let's fight"......

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Ishilove: 1:56pm On May 14, 2015
KingTom:
Young Sani Abacha and Wife grin
Huasa men are so hawt!!

1 Like

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by babeface3: 1:56pm On May 14, 2015
Obasanjo looks so handsome when he was young. Wonder how Iyabo go be when she old angry

1 Like

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Lagusta(m): 1:56pm On May 14, 2015
NaijirianKing:
The Original Dangote. It's crazy to think that Igbos have been hustling at this level since the 1800's. I'm amazed, respect.

King jaja was not an Igbo man bruv.....

@mzjackbaueress nice thread, following, please more pics please

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by amodaade: 1:57pm On May 14, 2015
The Oba was an uncle to Doyin
Sparrow13:
so Doyin is a prince, but I wonder why How behave like a slave
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by dotna(m): 1:57pm On May 14, 2015
Life is beautiful
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by robosky02(m): 1:57pm On May 14, 2015
NaijirianKing:
The Original Dangote. It's crazy to think that Igbos have been hustling at this level since the 1800's. I'm amazed, respect.

confirmed

1 Like

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by StOla: 1:57pm On May 14, 2015
robosky02:

so liberty square was change to tinubu square

hope would not change eagle square to .........

Even Eagles square was the name it was changed to prior to Abdulsalami's hand-over to Obasanjo in 1999. I can't remember the original name now (Maybe liberation square?).
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by sylve11: 1:58pm On May 14, 2015
nice one open cool
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by shatux(m): 1:59pm On May 14, 2015
His tommy was flat here...heheheheh
"baba shege" as a young ambitiouse Soldier[/quote]
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by KingTom(m): 1:59pm On May 14, 2015
Ishilove:

Huasa men are so hawt!!
You think thats hot, check out Ibrahim Babangida and his wife Maryam grin

6 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 14, 2015
Ishilove:

Huasa men are so hawt!!handsome
They are not hot in anyway.....Yoruba guys are the hottest cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Lilimax(f): 1:59pm On May 14, 2015
Okiotie Eboh the first Nigeria Minister of Finance with his wife sad

8 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by oshosjf(m): 2:01pm On May 14, 2015
Na front page tins? Dats so sweet, where's my Vaseline?
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by bashydemy(m): 2:01pm On May 14, 2015
georgementday:
Baba iyabo fine before, wetin metamorphose am to .... today?
Prison
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by mediachirps(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2015
Lilimax:
Okiotie Eboh the first Nigeria Minister of Finance with his wife sad
is that boy his goat?

11 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Demdem(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Mumu.

Ur papa.
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by MakeMoves: 2:06pm On May 14, 2015
Best Thread ever! A new Nigeria Beckons. Shows how much we have lost to years of mismanagement and neglect. Imagine cows transported by train from the north, unlike now when every one is trekking...

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:06pm On May 14, 2015
US participants at FESTAC77 in Nigeria,May 1977

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by changevirus(m): 2:07pm On May 14, 2015
d good old days
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Ahmeduana(m): 2:07pm On May 14, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Lagos Bus (1973)
THIS IS THE VEHICLE THEY CALL bo-le-ka-ja.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:08pm On May 14, 2015
Oji River Power Station run by the electricity corporation of Nigeria (1959)

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 14, 2015
I detest seeing these pictures because instead of building Nigeria, these guys destroyed it..

9 Likes

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by adexsimply(m): 2:09pm On May 14, 2015
enoquin cheesy
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Ahmeduana(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Agbonmagbe Bank. The bank failed to meet the provision of the new banking decree and it was taken over and renamed Wema Bank in 1970.
FFK FATHER IS AMONG THE FOUNDING FATHER OF THE BANK THEN.
Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 14, 2015
StOla:

Doyin Okupe is no prince since his father was not a King, but a popular industrialist that started the Agbonmagbe bank (Wema bank). The kings in the Okupe-Agbonmagbe family was Doyin's grand father and succeeded by his father's older brother (Doyin's uncle). After that, the stool of the Alaperu of Iperu-Remo moved to another ruling house.

At best, Doyin's Father was a prince and brother to a king. Therefore Doyin is Iperu-Remo nobility but no prince.

Big Uncle, I had to jump on this thread, after seeing the picture and your post. And keep your reply not-too-deep/personal cos everything shouldn't be discussed on the internet, if you get the drift. wink

Anyway, I never knew that loquacious man's from the Agbonmade family tree. Ditto an Agbonmagbe bank. I have heard about the Agbonmade house somewhere in Lagos. The links...the links...the links. grin

Agbonmagbe was divided into two - Okupe and a next name, no? And the next name was further divided into two. Can you list all the ruling families in Iperu-Remo?

1 Like

Re: Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past by Ahmeduana(m): 2:11pm On May 14, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Agbonmagbe Bank. The bank failed to meet the provision of the new banking decree and it was taken over and renamed Wema Bank in 1970.
FFK FATHER IS AMONG THE FOUNDING FATHER OF THE BANK THEN, SO I HEARD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State / Oba Elegushi’s 2nd Wife, Hadiza Steps Into The Palace 6 Months After Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.