Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (52424 Views)

Question Of The Day: Can You Date Without Sex? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone 12 Years Older Or Younger Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Dujardin(m): 10:59pm On May 14, 2015
Although I have had my own fair share of fun from this thread today, which started with the OP wishing for what she couldn't offer, up to the point where others turned vocabulary into weapons of mass abuse! grin.
My conclusion: The OP has really shown me what ladies today seldm do. she exhibited a brave character by standing by her comments even when it meant, standing wit d minority.
OP! OP!! OP!!! How many times ah call you? u don try but u sef, clean dirty for ur eyes first before u try comot another person own o! else na calsala b dt eh!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by piagetskinner(m): 11:01pm On May 14, 2015
Lol...m sure the OP would have regretted putting that up.# too many castigation, all in the name of correcting her.
Anyway, na she wan impress nagrin
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Chinoble(f): 11:05pm On May 14, 2015
Imanuelle:

Sure you are. smiley
Yes. Just need to get rid of two things to be there at the top.
By the way, my third name is Immanuella.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 14, 2015
Chinoble:

Yes. Just need to get rid of two things to be there at the top.

By the way, my third name is Immanuella.

Cool, you'll pay royalty for the name.

What two things? Shyness and ??
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 14, 2015
UIA04:

Lol fear not my good friend for I am ready, girded with my full armor ready for trolls disguised as Ediots roaming nairaland seeking for whom to devour.

hmm hot temper! abeg provoke not.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 14, 2015
Dujardin:
Although I have had my own fair share of fun from this thread today, which started with the OP wishing for what she couldn't offer, up to the point where others turned vocabulary into weapons of mass abuse! grin.
My conclusion: The OP has really shown me what ladies today seldm do. she exhibited a brave character by standing by her comments even when it meant, standing wit d minority.
OP! OP!! OP!!! How many times ah call you? u don try but u sef, clean dirty for ur eyes first before u try comot another person own o! else na calsala b dt eh!

Don't get it twisted bro, its not bravery.

It takes bravery and strength to admit that one is wrong, and to take correction.

The OP is too proud, her inability to take correction even from the first page is exactly what flared everything.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by IamLEGEND1: 11:15pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
Meeeeehn, you guys haven't stopped insulting me yet..I know I'm ugly but I bet I'm prettier than most of your girlfriends who would do anything to be as pretty as I am..insults are allowed
me i neva insult u, bt abeg no vex me. dem dey tell u true tin......."U NO FINE".
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Summer1(f): 11:20pm On May 14, 2015
Imanuelle:

Don't get it twisted bro, its not bravery.

It takes bravery and strength to admit that one is wrong, and to take correction.

The OP is too proud, her inability to take correction even from the first page is exactly what flared everything.

This thread has been open since morning and from then till now comments have been rolling in..you only showed up at the aftermath,the reason you've been blabbing all these while is because I replied you from the start..save your mb dear because I owe you no apology
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Chinoble(f): 11:21pm On May 14, 2015
Imanuelle:

Cool, you'll pay royalty for the name.
What two things? Shyness and ??
Lol. FEAR and ..........SELF ESTEEM
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 14, 2015
adonismuller:
Best thread since Apc and Pdp "wahala" started fading off.

Please if you don't know how to write/talk English come inn and learn.

The funny thing is some people are just busy looking for errors in other people's post.

Too many Wole Soyinkas here....hehehehe

Gbagaun spotted.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 14, 2015
Chinoble:

Lol.
FEAR and ..........SELF ESTEEM

You need to start drinking power horse.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Chinoble(f): 11:27pm On May 14, 2015
Imanuelle:

You need to start drinking power horse.
Lol abi.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

This thread has been open since morning and from then till now comments have been rolling in..you only showed up at the aftermath,the reason you've been blabbing all these while is because I replied you from the start..save your mb dear because I owe you no apology

A million apologies from you will not make my bank send a credit alert to my phone.

I still think it pays to be nice, I believe you are. Crawl out from your shell of pride.

And hey, I had my first post on page 1, I wrote in pidgin and that does not make it less than any other post on this thread.

Be calm, lady.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by U90INDIVERSIT(m): 11:28pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

Typing correctly using short form isn't what I'm talking abt..

Dear, could you please post your WAEC result (the hard copy, not scores)here and also your CGPA.....We know your type...Perhaps, not up to 1 point. smh
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 14, 2015
Chinoble:

Lol abi.

smiley
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by stenmikas(m): 11:28pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
Meeeeehn, you guys haven't stopped insulting me yet..I know I'm ugly but I bet I'm prettier than most of your girlfriends who would do anything to be as pretty as I am..insults are allowed
I can now understand!
You are here to seek attention!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 14, 2015
Blackett:
You cannot speak English. You cannot even make one error free sentence, to save your own life.

So, who is going to date you? You think you're pretty and that will cover up your grammatical flatulence?

I think you're right up her alley , she wants a guy like you asides your asinine remarks and I know you guys will make a great couple.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by 2rez: 11:33pm On May 14, 2015
@ op, you made your point straight up, i mean you are entitled to your opinion but on the other hand, truth been told Op. You are an african which means predominantly, we got our custom dealings, talking about languages most especially, so how come speaking of English language(borrowed language) a turn on for you If i may ask, do you have those that are eloquent in English language around you for some period of time or at a time? If yes, then i would say probably that is the reason why guys that speak English language fluently are turn on for you. You got fascinated either by their diction or accent which actually drove your passion for that language to your pleasure. Well, you might contemporarily see it as a western world. Forget westernization lady, we will always go back to the root sooner or later, whether we like it or not. The major thing is to communicate to the best of one's ability. We are africans which simply means going back to the root is inevitable. Lady we must pay obeisance to it, a fact that stands out. Whether you pretty or ugly has got nothing to do with your point oh k. Do not derail your thread by yourself. Am done.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by apheyz(m): 11:39pm On May 14, 2015
Teempakguy:
WOW . . . you're much, much dumber than anyone, including you, realizes. And yet you come here every day to spew trash and brag about your inexistent intelligence. I have noticed your blunders on this website lot's of times but I elected to ingnore them. This however, is outrageous. I guess you were too much of a slowpoke to coordinate the larger sentence. angry

...took the words right outta my mouth brah!!!!

Tosyne2much, for the sake of your ***hole, I suggest you stay away from this blackett lady( yes offence) ... he just might be secretly in love with you!!

....just my opinion tho!!! last I checked. Everybody is still entitled to one

Summer1 thinks poor command of the english language is a total turn off..

I think blackett is a f*ggot!!!!l undecided undecided
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Summer1(f): 11:39pm On May 14, 2015
U90INDIVERSIT:

Dear, could you please post your WAEC result (the hard copy, not scores)here and also your CGPA.....We know your type...Perhaps, not up to 1 point. smh
DRY
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Awoofawo(m): 11:41pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

Sister bia please just jejely deactivate your profile and open another. cool why you com start ww3 for nairaland self with that your topic? I pity you small sha, pele!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 14, 2015
apheyz:

Tosyne2much, for the sake of your ***hole, I suggest you stay away from this blackett lady( yes offence) ... he just might be secretly in love with you!!

lol . . . I just felt I had to do something right three. Unfortunately, he is not the kind of person to accept correction. It would seem that he is the smartest man in the world, from his own deluded perspective.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Summer1(f): 11:45pm On May 14, 2015
Goodnight all... Till tomorrow
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by apheyz(m): 11:54pm On May 14, 2015
ELGREF:
I hv the same problem with my fience now, she's complain about my English, I don't know what to do, because I love her, nd it will be a big tragedy if I could losse her because of foreign language.

Dude, believe me when I tell you I clearly see the problem ...

The OP might not exactly be an attention seeker after all......

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by deniyor: 12:02am On May 15, 2015
No I can never fit do am.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by deavicky(m): 12:08am On May 15, 2015
Blackett:
Can't, not cant.

It has an apostrophe. (')
worefer
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by apheyz(m): 12:11am On May 15, 2015
naijaboiy:

SMH! undecided

Gbam!!!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by tosyne2much(m): 12:18am On May 15, 2015
apheyz:

The guy na goat jawe

I just avoid trading words with people like him who are bereft of reasoning
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Florblu(f): 12:44am On May 15, 2015
Obascoetubi:
SHE ALREADY MOCKED THEM, ITS NO LONGER "MOCK". WE ALL KNEW DAT LADIES ARE AGAINST MONEY NO AGAINST GUD ENGLH. U LADIES SHOULD LEARN HOW TO TIDY UR PRIVATE PART
Arguing wit u will be a waste of tym
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Dlee1(m): 12:47am On May 15, 2015
Wow, this thread is so interesting. I can't believe that I patiently read from page 1 to page 17.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by anthay: 1:00am On May 15, 2015
Guys, pls allow this idiot to be. As u can see, she's giving reply to every comment. The poor girl is only seeking for attention. She's a goat. Infact, i knw her very well. Her name is mehhhhhh
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 5:04am On May 15, 2015
This tread is so entertaining and also educative because i have learnt alot from here. I have also learnt not to demand something i can't give.

OP, you might be able to speak english fluently than me but believe me, 80% of people on this particular tread speaks better than you. It's So unfortunate for you that you have not made any errorless statement here. Bulcraps.

U de free to quote and correct me but bear in ur mind that me never go uni, i just finished Sec. Sch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Never Make A Sex Video With Anyone / 'I Am Not An Ashawo'; Lady Who Has Been Dating 3 Guys For Over Two Years. Photo / Guys, What Were The Things You Did To Impress A Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.