Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,721 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (52563 Views)

Question Of The Day: Can You Date Without Sex? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone 12 Years Older Or Younger Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Dollar101(m): 9:08pm On May 14, 2015
sixtus3606:

i never expected you to quote this comment. You should have just sticked to correction and leave, instead of you returning to practicalise tongue-wagging. The dude/babe was obviously dishing out corrections to you. i didn't even notice it, not until he/she pointed out your error.

Take heart dear sad
Nigerians with their egoccentric bigotry :/

thank you sixtus3603, i think some people really do not know how to talk in public forums, even when words are not directed to them, they tend to poke their noise into another person's business...smh

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by rigarmortis: 9:08pm On May 14, 2015
pbs4real:
its nt as if u are even beautiful. . . U jez DRE!

She is not even ''there''
In terms of ''look'' she is as boring as watching a painted wall dry.
Infact she is as fugly as the image of sin.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
I dont know how you guys see it..but I admire guys who speak pure,polished and neat English.. It's a turn on for me,when I see someone with an impeccable eloquence,that minute i don't even care if you are broke or ugly..I just respect them.
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, you could always brush up your English, I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge
on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?

how old are u??!!?
.....so u mean a guy who speaks english fluently can easy fuccck u in a short period?

Abro!.....na children full 4 social network diz dayz.
....make i go polish my engrish so dat i go use am impress SUMMER1 and tear ha yansh....lol

she said "it turns me on" and i was like "mumu alert"

3 Likes

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by texanomaly(f): 9:13pm On May 14, 2015
texanomaly:

Critiqued is correct. If I chose to use criticize, however, I would have had to drop the "e" and add the suffix "ed" to make it a proper sentence.

"For fear of being criticize" is incorrect.

You dey try O.

Modified:

I would like someone to correct my Pidgin though.

Is it

You dey try O.

Or

You dey try am o?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by pbs4real(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2015
rigarmortis:

chai! Dis is wah i call BRUTALITY!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by adonismuller(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2015
kikelomojessy:
Well, I too admire guys can speak beta English, let him not just speak, let the English take him places. Patience Jonathan cnt sPeak but see where she is. Even if he can not speak correct English, he will speak his dialet perfectly without wahala and his making enuf money, me will not care oh. If u ar rich and cnt speak well, people ur are doing business with will pay interpreters to ease the barrier of communication cos its the money they want. I won't let minor tins put me off from my man.
nawa ooooo.......reading your post has made me eat dinner twice!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by adonismuller(m): 9:15pm On May 14, 2015
spinnerush:

No he was trynna tell ya dat ya grammatical expression aint polish
"Polished" bro.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Awoofawo(m): 9:16pm On May 14, 2015
texanomaly:

Critiqued is correct. If I chose to use criticize, however, I would have had to drop the "e" and add the suffix "ed" to make it a proper sentence.

"For fear of being criticize" is incorrect.

You dey try O.

In past tense?! When we are speaking in the present sense o ga o! cool
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by adonismuller(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
Obascoetubi:
then anything that capacitated jehopadize, avoid it
I give up....

Guy abeg type with pidgin,no kill yourself.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Davidson267(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

The only reason I'm quoting you is because ur writeup shows fluent English.. About having a bloated ego and floundering for attention.. If that's what you think of me, I'm neither egocentric nor an attention seeker..I'm just someone who voiced out her mind
This shows that u dnt knw what u want.i can personally correct t his write up.(misuse of comma)
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
texanomaly:

Modified:
I would like someone to correct my Pidgin though.
Is it
You dey try O.
Or
You dey try am o?
What did you mean to say in English?
Did you mean to say 'you are trying'?
If then, 'you dey try o' would be correct.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Florblu(f): 9:18pm On May 14, 2015
rigarmortis:

Haba!d gal is not jez dia, she's beautiful
Haters
Hey!don't quote me o
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by toniebliss: 9:19pm On May 14, 2015
To speak English eloquently is a huge turn on for ladies, but the white man can't speak my mother tongue either why will I use his language as a reason to love or not to love someone? Ladies ought to admire men who speak any of the Nigerian languages fluently if they are not bias.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Dollar101(m): 9:19pm On May 14, 2015
baddo11:
see finishing
manofluck:
see blunder
Summer1:
correct me then

You don't have to bring my mother into this..Your mother didn't train you well enough not to insult other people's parents..
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 14, 2015
Blackett:
You're a dumb dyslexic "grammars" speaking nincompoop, with the IQ of a stone, and an over bloated sense of self importance.

Eat your humble pie and shut the fvck up. Amnesic thing. Who made this comment below?
[/

[color=#150000]Discombobulated animal. . . Don't reply me, cocksmoking idiott - you have nothing worthwhile to say. Fvcking _retard.

I love this guy grin
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by rigarmortis: 9:22pm On May 14, 2015
Florblu:
Haba!d gal is not jez dia, she's beautiful Haters Hey!don't quote me o
Your definition of beauty is subject to further scrutiny.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by adonismuller(m): 9:22pm On May 14, 2015
Awoofawo:

Criticize not Critiqued
Put a full stop after a sentence!
For example,criticized not critiqued.

Hehehehe today na today....
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by adonismuller(m): 9:25pm On May 14, 2015
manofluck:
next time say " u don't ve 2" NOT "u didn't ve 2"
It's " you don't have to"

Good English has nothing to do with abbreviation!

Hehehehe
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by UIA04(f): 9:27pm On May 14, 2015
ziqqz:

Yay! I wasn't there o
Lol fear not my good friend for I am ready, girded with my full armor ready for trolls disguised as Ediots roaming nairaland seeking for whom to devour.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by TresALa: 9:29pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
I dont know how you guys see it..but I admire guys who speak pure,polished and neat English.. It's a turn on for me,when I see someone with an impeccable eloquence,that minute i don't even care if you are broke or ugly..I just respect them.
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, you could always brush up your English, I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge turn on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?

Why don't you work on your grammar first before looking for guys with "good eloquence and bad eloquence". Eloquence is the ability to communicate fluently and persuasively, you are either eloquent or you are not. For your information, you also have "bad eloquence", please improve on that, and while you are at it, reduce your "bad over-sized ego". Just my two cents, I hope I don't come across as someone with "bad rudeness".
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by naijaboiy: 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
BlissB:
Thks Thanks! undecided
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Dollar101(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2015
rigarmortis:

Nor mind her, she think say na to show body for picture nai be fine girl or na to do mouth like crocodile, with different skin color, neck na
different color, chest diff, face diff, bleaching cream don really suffer for this our girls of these days
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by rigarmortis: 9:36pm On May 14, 2015
Dollar101:

Nor mind her, she think say na to show body for picture nai be fine girl or na to do mouth like crocodile, with different skin color, neck na
different color, chest diff, face diff, bleaching cream don really suffer for this our girls of these days

Its bad enough when these ignorant wenches bleach their skin, but why bleach their sense?

Thats an unforgivable faux pas.

Note that on a faceless forum like this, behind door dikc gobblers can act the saint and pretend that they have never seen a stiff dikc before, let alone allowing same to penetrate between their thighs so its no surprise that gutter rats can come here act put on the ''i am so polished'' act.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Chinoble(f): 9:36pm On May 14, 2015
Blackett:
You're a dumb dyslexic "grammars" speaking nincompoop, with the IQ of a stone, and an over bloated sense of self importance.

Eat your humble pie and shut the fvck up. Amnesic thing. Who made this comment below?

Discombobulated animal. . . Don't reply me, cocksmoking idiott - you have nothing worthwhile to say. Fvcking _retard.
Hmmm. Do you have any personal problem with Tosyne? Are you jealous of him or you are just a sadist?
Didn't wish to qoute you but the insult on the guy was so heavy and harsh.
And from what i read from tosyne's post, i don't think he said he wouldn't date anyone with poor command of English language.

Just my observation sha.....no vex
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ibroauthen(m): 9:39pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
This one all of you are attacking me like this..I'm not against speaking your native languages, I'm an Igbo girl and I love and speak my language to the core..but I'm also of the opinion that good use of English is a turn on..stop taking it personal except the thread directly or indirectly applies to you in anyway

Warris is dis 1 saying?
because I want chop pomo now make I dy call malu broda?
If say na because of English u go leave me u better pack well, I go look for person wey get house materials wey go luv me with BUT not som1 like u u gets turn on because of anoda person's properties.... ur write up shows u can't make a good house wife
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, you could always brush up your English, I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge turn on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?
What about a guy with poor spoken English who has money?You cant be turnoff with such a guy.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Obascoetubi: 9:40pm On May 14, 2015
Florblu:

Attends?what abt attended?
collage? what abt college?
mocked?what abt mock?
Don't? what abt didnt?
SHE ALREADY MOCKED THEM, ITS NO LONGER "MOCK". WE ALL KNEW DAT LADIES ARE AGAINST MONEY NO AGAINST GUD ENGLH. U LADIES SHOULD LEARN HOW TO TIDY UR PRIVATE PART
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Awoofawo(m): 9:41pm On May 14, 2015
adonismuller:

grin
adonismuller:

naso o!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Seylad2009(m): 9:41pm On May 14, 2015
Am not fluent in English, My Girlfriend is very fluent in English and most time I asked her whether the statement i want to make is correct or not. However, She loves and she dying for me because Am a wise man and problem solver. In short, we complement each other.
If you are looking for "Grammer" spoken guy, u no go last for marriage oooo.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Deejavuu(f): 9:45pm On May 14, 2015
ronald4lif:
Omo too many grammarians dey this thread oo. Make I shift before gbagaun detectors bust me out. cheesy

cheesy grin grin grin grin.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by donJ2(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

I understand u got pissed at the topic but its quite unfortunate I can't take it back.. Tell ur male friends with a poor usage of English to upgrade..it's for their own good

This thread depicts a typical 9jerian girl, with low self esteem on a quest for cheap attention.. This stuff I jst quoted above gave u up.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by texanomaly(f): 9:47pm On May 14, 2015
Awoofawo:

In past tense?! When we are speaking in the present sense o ga o! cool

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Have Your First Kiss? Where? / 8 Things Guys Will Do When They Are Seriously In Love / 5 Types Of Women You Should Never Let Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.