Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (52489 Views)

Question Of The Day: Can You Date Without Sex? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone 12 Years Older Or Younger Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Mhizkel(f): 5:04pm On May 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
Hmmmmm !!!
Lol..You killed him though! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by georjay(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2015
funlord:
I have forever soaked your reputation in a mixture of lions shite and cow dung! Eternally U shall be remembered as the immature empty barrell of a feminist that got butchered by a boss! U are now inconsequential on NL! Now it is open season on vicky biatch! Everyone has now been exposed 2 your cowardice, stupidity and vacuous nature! Maybe u were molested as a child due 2 the hells kitchen of an environment in which u spent your tragedy laced formative years, Which is why u have the gumption 2 want 2 come and eat the remnants of your own vomit, If u think returning here with your tail between your scraggly, Sscoliosis ravaged legs would offer u any sort of redemption, then your buffonery, shamelessness and stupidity must really be hereditary! I have exposed u as a nobody, becuz that is what U ARE! U are like farts from a pigs anus, totally worthless, u are like a failed politicians ambition, the apex of failure, a no hoper in the game of life, constantly spitting hogwash 2 the detriment of your already depleted brain cells! U are like the kind of feminists REAL feminists hope and pray get run down by a trailer on the highway, u are roadkill, a discarded menstrual pad from the vagii of an aids patient! with age u will learn respect, but 4 now remain as the obsessed, hopeless, imbecilic,confused, mong like, retar.ded young HAG that u obviously are! Your burial was sweet but it would be nice 2 dig up your filthy cracked bones 4 an encore! Now excuse me I am about 2 go and deposit your mentions, opinions and ideology in the only place where they all truly matter, in my TOILET! Copy and paste this in that apartment of germs, mucus and viruses that u gladly call a vagi.na
. Jesus!!!!!!!!!! *faints* abeg me I no sabi english o..so mak I confess now...baba I swear if na me u tawk dis tin to...I swear I go just go hang mysef...chai *wicked*

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by blesoh(f): 5:06pm On May 14, 2015
Blackett:
First of all, your English is very poor. It's wrong for you to demand what you cannot give. . . Secondly, girls like you are easily enticed with money. "Na english I wan chop" easily becomes your favorite phrase.

When you meet a rich dude with cash to splash, and whose english isn't up to standard (standard you do not have), you'll encourage him to enroll in English classes.

Being a hypocrite has never helped anyone.
guy pls calm down,u just finish d whole thread with ur comment.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Asuokaa: 5:06pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

Dunno if you were trying to correct me or u were trying to intimidate me..it's your problem though cuz i can never be intimidated

but ur already sounding like one...u didnt need to reply him... undecided
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by naijaboiy: 5:06pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
This one all of you are attacking me like this..I'm not against speaking your native languages, I'm an Igbo girl and I love and speak my language to the core..but I'm also of the opinion that good use of English is a turn on..stop taking it personal except the thread directly or indirectly applies to you in anyway
Good use of english should also be applied in typing.

People should stop using ridiculous short hand methods of typing.

It's annoying.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by AreaFada2: 5:06pm On May 14, 2015
What if my Igbo, Izon, Yoruba, Bini or Fufulde is fluent & eloquent? That's not enough?

Must we be crazy about another man's native tongue? When you're not a lawyer, journalist or a professional along those lines.
By the way, I have good command of several European languages. It learnt because I needed to.

But I'm not crazy about them, including English.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by georjay(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Op,i know you typed this for 30 minutes and checked your dictionary about 16 times for you not to be criticized,its obvious cos your English is not as polished as you presented this,at least you should have some lil typos and abbreviations etc,but this seems carefully planned and typed,and it shows you're a raw yoruba girl that speaks bad grammar and that's why eloquence seems to freak you,you respect and attach more importance to what you don't haveĀ 
. Deji she is an igbo gyal o
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by preetyb(f): 5:07pm On May 14, 2015
Kingsley1000:
...Alright buh for the fact that english folks colonizes us doesn't mean we'll promoting theirs to the detriment of ours.i know it'll interest you to know that if you goto countries like singapore,hongkong even india that're also colonized by britain they don't even imbibe the language in their national affairs(as their lingua franca) and they'r more enlightened and developed than us

so in a nutshell,one not knowing how to speak english doesn't make him an illitrate

So true because some of us did not have the priviledge to practice english at home after being thought at school. some of our parents too did not help matter as they dont care if u speak good english or not because they are also not learned in english language. Our friends too did not help in any way because theirs' was to mock some of us that made the attempt to practice good english at home. But these does not mean that some of us can not write down good english to a great extent , we only cant speak fluently because we did not get much opportunity to practice it orally. All the same speaking good or bad english boils dwn to the people we associated with while growing up, enviroment, backgroud nd parental encouragement.

Feel free to correct my grammatical blunders.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by tosyne2much(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2015
Mhizkel:

Lol..You killed him though! cheesy
I will murder the eeeediooot

Sometimes you have to come out of your GENTLEMAN shell and give those eeeediots what they deserve cheesy
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Toks2008(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
I dont know how you guys see it..but I admire guys who speak pure,polished and neat English.. It's a turn on for me,when I see someone with an impeccable eloquence,that minute i don't even care if you are broke or ugly..I just respect them.
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, [b]you could always brush up your English[/b]I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge turn on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?

The bold texts nailed it.

But honestly my eloquence is really scaring ladies away from me and i just lost a young lady who is extremely cute but can't just seem to get a sentence right and despite my effort to make her feel comfortable she just was not comfortable with me and i practically asked her to speak anyhow she wants but all to no avail.

Honestly im not a fan of "Must be eloquent" and maybe its because i am. If a lady is appealing to me abeg forget grammar, i will try to help her brush up and if she is not just improving, i will just accept her that way.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by BlissB(f): 5:07pm On May 14, 2015
To be sincere....i can't.....i associate with people who have good command of English....this thread just made me remembered a guy who wanted to tell me that he has catarrh and can't breathe properly rather he said "i has catarrh and its affecting my perseverance"....i jst quietly end d call,i nor fit shout
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ritux: 5:08pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
This one all of you are attacking me like this..I'm not against speaking your native languages, I'm an Igbo girl and I love and speak my language to the core..but I'm also of the opinion that good use of English is a turn on..stop taking it personal except the thread directly or indirectly applies to you in anyway

You should read between the line. They are doing it intentionally to see if you will break because, you made a statement that you cannot be intimidated.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by sladimeji(m): 5:08pm On May 14, 2015
Zelex9:
I have a British accent and It did attract quite a lot of attention during my service year.
u mean mushin accent ba?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by vacant06(m): 5:08pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
I dont know how you guys see it..but I admire guys who speak pure,polished and neat English.. It's a turn on for me,when I see someone with an impeccable eloquence,that minute i don't even care if you are broke or ugly..I just respect them.
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, you could always brush up your English, I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge turn on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?
yours is worst so many comers and full stop
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by nwadiuko1(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2015
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Toks2008(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2015
BlissB:
To be sincere....i can't.....i associate with people who have good command of English....this thread just made me remembered a guy who wanted to tell me that he has catarrh and can't breathe properly rather he said "i has catarrh and its affecting my perseverance"....i jst quietly end d call,i nor fit shout

For real? I believeyou made that last word up..."perseverance" onto wettin
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:10pm On May 14, 2015
Ladies with poor command of spoken English don' appeal to me. I don't want a person to be disgracing me in public like Mama Peace. I also don't want my children to be taught poor grammar.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 14, 2015
ELGREF:
I hv the same problem with my fience now, she's complain about my English, I don't know what to do, because I love her, nd it will be a big tragedy if I could losse her because of foreign language.
Your postulate says it all..
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by madridguy(m): 5:10pm On May 14, 2015
GOD BLESS YOU

Kingsley1000:
op speak to save your life before castigating others,modify your post and rectify your blunders

to your post,good english innit a criteria for picking friends,it's a borrowed language and the flaws is inevitable,we all are guilty if mistakes..look out for virtues he has instead
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 14, 2015
naijaboiy:
Girls who type in short hand piss the fhuuck out of me. angry

Wtf is "d"? How many minutes will it take you to type "the" or "you" instead of "u"?

And then some will say "r u srz?" instead of "are you serious?"

What the fhuuck is that? angry
lala is guilty of this.you know that, right?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by sladimeji(m): 5:11pm On May 14, 2015
BlissB:
kpako pikin forming ajebo
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by georjay(m): 5:11pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

Before u remove d log of wood in anodaz man eyes, remove d little one in ya own eyes!
Shez correcting u, accept and don't pick offense
. If not for the "sharia" wey dey ur name...I for like correct u say na offence not offense...cheers!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by rigarmortis: 5:11pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

so you mean a man with good English can literarily talk your pants off.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Kazrem(m): 5:12pm On May 14, 2015
Date someone with poor English when mine too isn't good enough. Olohun maje. God forbid.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ritux: 5:12pm On May 14, 2015
This was how the MK fight started featuring Funlord (Sub-Zero) vs VictoriaBee (Mileena) grin

funlord:
grin Hell 2 the NO! 4 what reason? My educational background as well as the efforts of my parents would be wasted on her! Also dating her may lead 2 marriage, why should I want 2 expose my innocent future kids 2 a "gbagaun" filled childhood? I'm not ebele goodluck abeg! Biatches like this better go read a dictionary! U can tell a lot about a nigga from his biatch!

VictoriaBee:

Cover your face in shame.

Glorified illiterate feeling funky.

funlord:
Fem-nazi Harlot! The world class embarrassment u received is still trending on NL! I have made U a legend of shame! Sorry oh! Lmfao!

VictoriaBee:

See this foolish goat. cheesy

You mean world class copy and paste?, simpleton.

funlord:
I have forever soaked your reputation in a mixture of lions shite and cow dung! Eternally U shall be remembered as the immature empty barrell of a feminist that got butchered by a "Boss a.k.a FUNLORD"! I have severed your abnormally large and shapeless skull from your scrawny neck and stuffed your hollow and empty windpipe with ripped and with excrement stained pages from the books of the best selling feminist twunts that have led your destiny into an evil forest! U are now inconsequential on NL! Now it is open season on vicky biatch! Everyone has now been exposed 2 your cowardice, stupidity and vacuous nature! Maybe u were molested as a child due 2 the hells kitchen of an environment in which u spent your tragedy laced formative years, Which is why u have the gumption 2 want 2 come and eat the remnants of your own vomit, If u think returning here with your tail between your scraggly, Sscoliosis ravaged legs would offer u any sort of redemption, then your buffonery, shamelessness and stupidity must really be hereditary! I have exposed u as a nobody, becuz that is what U ARE! U are like farts from a pigs anus, totally worthless, u are like a failed politicians ambition, the apex of failure, a no hoper in the game of life, constantly spitting hogwash 2 the detriment of your already depleted brain cells! U are like the kind of feminists REAL feminists hope and pray get run down by a trailer on the highway, u are roadkill, a discarded menstrual pad from the vagii of an aids patient! with age u will learn respect, but 4 now remain as the obsessed, hopeless, imbecilic,confused, mong like, retar.ded young HAG that u obviously are! Your burial was sweet but it would be nice 2 dig up your filthy cracked bones 4 an encore! Now excuse me I am about 2 go and deposit your mentions, opinions and ideology in the only place where they all truly matter, in my TOILET! Copy and paste this in that apartment of germs, mucus and viruses that u gladly call a vagi.na

This is a nice finishing move in Mortal Kombat.......FINISH HER!!! cheesy grin shocked

Fatality

Sorry VictoriaBee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Mhizkel(f): 5:12pm On May 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
I will murder the eeeediooot

Sometimes you have to come out of your GENTLEMAN shell and give those eeeediots what they deserve cheesy
True..I have murdered the fool countlessly..He lacks manners, always feeling fly with his grammatical blunders
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Toks2008(m): 5:12pm On May 14, 2015
ELGREF:
I hv the same problem with my fience now, she's complain about my English, I don't know what to do, because I love her, nd it will be a big tragedy if I could losse her because of foreign language.

As long as you are rich, you are likely never going to lose her. But i have realized that ladies who are good in English really get turned on by guys who speak very well.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by iamrealdeji(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2015
georjay:
. Deji she is an igbo gyal o
ok,she looks Yoruba,its better she sticks to her shoe seller pidgin she can speak properly instead of typing a simple post for 2 hrs
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by georjay(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2015
ELGREF:
lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Summer1(f): 5:13pm On May 14, 2015
Jeeeez, never expected all these insults thrown at me for no just cause. all of you boiling hot with anger,fury and rage know this,I won't take it back..I APPRECIATE GUYS THAT SPEAK FLUENTLY.. other qualities will be noted in due time..but your eloquence is the first impression you make when you walk up to someone. Even if you people don't want to accept it

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by adeA1(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, you could always brush up your English, I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge turn on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?
but u self arnt better of now hence u gotta ve taken clue from ur first challenger. Its an attempt to sooth ur a..gr thou n neva meant to hurt u
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by SHARIAREPORTERS: 5:13pm On May 14, 2015
georjay:
. If not for the "sharia" wey dey ur name...I for like correct u say na offence not offense...cheers!
Na vex, busy and typing
U don already correct am, thanks for doing so
May ya life be transformed as jonathan transformed dis country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Man Buys A Car To Propose To His Girlfriend In Rivers State, Gets Resounding NO / 10 Simple Things Guys Do To Deceive Girls.. Which Won't Stop After Reading This / I'm Madly In Love With A Married Woman! Pls Advise!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.