Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day (789 Views)

Prophesy: 10 Things That Would Happen After Valentine Day (15th) / I Hate Valentine's Day / Have U Eva Met Som1 Dat Was Brn D Sam Day As U? Share Ur Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by ScanLess: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2009
VALENTINE'S DAY IS AROUND THE CORNER ONCE AGAIN, AND EVERY WHERE I LOOK I SEE SMART GOOKS GETTING SET TO MILK SOME FOOLS OF THEIR MONEY (DESPITE THE GLOBAL RECESSION) ALL IN THE NAME OF VALENTINE BONANZA,KALO KALO,CONDOM BONANZA,BLIND DATE, SHOWS,CONCERTS AND WHAT HAVE YOU. ON THE OTHER HAND I SEE YOUNG CHAPIES GETTING SET TO SPREAD/CONTACT THE VIRUS, GET PREGNANT,GET RAPED,GET STOLEN/KIDNAPPED. FIVE WEEKS FROM NOW THERE WILL BE INCREASED DEMAND FOR ABORTION SERVICES, BURIAL CASKETS, SLEEPING PILLS. AND I ASK ; WHY GIVE A SILLY THING A GOOD NAME OR PERPETRATE EVIL UNDER THE CLOAK OF NOBILITY. IS IT NOT TIME WE CHANGED THE NAME OF THIS THING TO HIV DAY, BECAUSE THATS ONE THING THAT REALLY GET SPREAD AROUND THAT DAY, NOT THE SO MUCH CONFESSED BUT RARELY PRACTISED "L" WORD.
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by lysaa(f): 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2009
Well, it all depends on the stand point u're viewing valentine's day from. Just like people are playing smart, someare getting outsmarted thats not all there is cos people's lives are getting saved too. I have attended a reachout prog on val's day, I've used the day as a means to talk about the essence of love and connecting them to the embodiment of Love. If u are a believer, its a day to strategize ur soul winning plans; showing them what real Love means rather than discriminating or condeming the day. Every day is a day God has made and therefore cannot be tagged any evil day whatsoever.
To crown it all up, the fact that its valentiine's day, what rings in my head is that its my day, yes, my birthday tongue
pls don't tagg it evil, instead,call it Lysaa's day grin
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by Moyola(f): 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2009
lysaa:

Well, it all depends on the stand point u're viewing valentine's day from.

Yeah!!
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by Ben13: 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2009
Poster, you get bad mind angry

IS IT NOT TIME WE CHANGED THE NAME OF THIS THING TO HIV DAY, BECAUSE THATS ONE THING THAT REALLY GET SPREAD AROUND THAT DAY.
A big fat lie
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by Moyola(f): 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2009
Hehe. . . Sis-chan yu dint telme itz yur day nau! embarassed dunt yu wan me tu bhai yu sumf!n? angry cheesy
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by MaiSuya(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2009
what exactly is the name change expected to achieve? are you celebrating the fact that there will more new cases of HIV on that day?
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by lysaa(f): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
maybe u should read thru again and get his point.

undecided
Moyola:

Hehe. . . Sis-chan yu dint telme itz yur day nau! embarassed dunt yu wan me tu bhai yu sumf!n? angry cheesy

my bad, i'm so sorry, It really is my day o. matter of fact, when u think of Feb 14th, think of moi, ur sis Lysaa-chan. grin
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by AdamBrody1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa @topic

Tru dat! grin

Just another excuse to go on a free sexual orgy day without restrictions grin
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by ScanLess: 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2009
Mai Suya:

what exactly is the name change expected to achieve? are you celebrating the fact that there will more new cases of HIV on that day?

if on your birth day every year , people who are supposed to give you gifts come and beat you up, then you'll wonder if its really your birth day or your deathday, i'm saying we should call a spade a spade.
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by karlken(m): 2:59pm On Feb 09, 2009
People perpetuate evil(robberies,fornication,drunkenness,prostitution,etc) during Xmas and yet we are celebrating the birth of our messiah,the only son of God.St Valentine's vision was commendable.The drift towards the negative is deplorable.Some few people still show genuine love to neighbours,destitutes,prisoners,the sick,etc on the 14th of February! smiley smiley
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by Ben13: 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
at last someone made sense
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by ScanLess: 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Karl
without the birth and death and resurection of Jesus, the whole world would still be doomed, but Valentine's case is not equivalent to Jesus, i dont understand why his birthday should be used to celebrate love, was he more loving than Jesus ?
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by lysaa(f): 4:43pm On Feb 09, 2009
maybe the magnitude of his love is the factor for the celebration rather than the comparison u are putting forward. abeg.
Re: Time To Rename Valentine's Day As Hiv Day by waterworks(f): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2009
@ SCANLESS WE ALREADY HAVE HIV DAY.
OLODO

(1) (Reply)

Women Abuse- Whats Your View? / Can You Marry A White I Mean Foreign People / Wouldya Rather Have Bad Times Or Good Times With Him/her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.