Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,804 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State (19289 Views)

Massive Demolition Of Buildings Going On In Aba (Photos) / Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless / FCT Begins Demolition Of Structures In Abuja After 24hr Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Akposkool(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2015
Must we make everything political? Op projects like this has been going on in several states before election. When I was in school last year, a host of houses were brought down at auchi because they were built illegally on pipelines. Students were displaced. I even had to help accommodate a damsel throughout the exam period cus her house was affected. Don't ask me what happened between me and the babe cus I ain't saying shyte
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 15, 2015
Gboliwe:

Where are you from? Where do you reside? What state did you school in? What part of Abia are you serving?
abia is underdevelop, the dirtiest in Nigeria.atleast currently
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by ceasarDemperor(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2015
taaah mechionu Ketu kor newyork ni
ramdris:
Nothing wrong with the act if the structures are illegal. Same thing is happening here right now in New York whee am staying.
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by aminho(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2015
I thought dem no get red ròof for lower nigeria
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by fairheven: 3:08pm On May 15, 2015
Tosinayoko:
abia is underdevelop, the dirtiest in Nigeria.atleast currently

I bet your state is not better developed than Abia angry angry

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Bifwoli: 3:11pm On May 15, 2015
ramdris:
Nothing wrong with the act if the structures are illegal. Same thing is happening here right now in New York whee am staying.
Yes,yes do it and bring back sanity to our African cities.Ever noticed that the most prosperous nations are also those that strictly follow proper town planning,have orderly development and cities are well organized?

But alas,us foolish Africans always live in chaotic towns,don't like following rules and we're generally prone to seeking the path of least resistance yet somehow we expect to reap rich rewards for putting in lesser effort.I'm glad they got demolished so these people can learn there's no shortcuts to success.
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by akins56(m): 3:17pm On May 15, 2015
See rusted red roof everywhere, infact the streets are very dirty, and they called that a capital city ? Oshogbo would trounced this city! am waiting for those collective children of anger to mention anything ibadan on this forum.

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by maggilove(f): 3:22pm On May 15, 2015
Gboliwe:

Where are you from? Where do you reside? What state did you school in? What part of Abia are you serving?
Lagos and I am serving in Ohafia local govt.
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by morereb10: 3:23pm On May 15, 2015
See what ibos are doing to themselves because of vengence and yet they want a share of national treasure. Them go teeeeeeee
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Alpacino85(m): 3:47pm On May 15, 2015
In ikpeazu's voice,I will start 4rm whr my excellency stopped.Now he has started as if thief A orji did any thing in aba.SMH
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by bishopstan(m): 3:50pm On May 15, 2015
$tup1d governor with $tup1d aides,after demolishing it now you will leave it like that without anything about it.... go and construct and rehabilitate roads in abia state before demolishing where poor people are looking for their daily bread.......

GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR ALL INJUSTICE MELTED ON YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEING DURING YOUR REIGN....
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by patrikobi: 3:51pm On May 15, 2015
people especially gullible minds will just take to believing on the pictorials just as they are but a thorough search would be needed by a a man of great wit to know actually if there is some elements of truth and then then brain behind it
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Ephemmm: 3:52pm On May 15, 2015
oyb:
are you sure this is umuahia? it looks like ibadan - see as rusted roofs full ground everywhere. op pleas check your photos again

[size=4pt]sarcasm (for the dumb. . .)[/size]

Heyaaaa: so, seeing brown roof in Umuahia dey pain you like this!

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by bogolobango(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2015
So red roof dey east also i think say na only ibadan grin
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by emindu: 3:55pm On May 15, 2015
the people were informed many months ago to stop street trading and erecting illegal business structures on residential areas.
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by papaejima1: 3:55pm On May 15, 2015
chynergy1:
I don't want to believe it is being done in good faith. this is a payback time for the people for rejecting their
own for senate and other elective posts. it will only be for a while. we hope the tribunals will deliver judgement in time.
demolition is not the best idea now, especially when govt purse is on red alert. sad
good faith in your books equates to allowing corruption, illegality and impunity to reward the voters and non voters right?

Good, the tribunals will right all the wrongs and redress the vengeful actions of this govt by allowing the erection and existence of illegal structures.

And here I was thinking that common sense was common. Pity!
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by ifychima: 3:56pm On May 15, 2015
i believe this is a gud step to development. why not keep sentiment aside and face reality, when we talk about development it takes alot of step and procedures to attain, PH and owerri, lagos and uyo under go this process before attaining the level of development existing in this states now and we envy them. Remember nothing good comes easily so lets endure the pains today and enjoy the dividens in the nearest future, and dnt forget we where warned not to tread on the street and to remove all the illegal structures on the street.

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by FunnyPikincom(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2015
Ewwwooo Chinekemehe shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I thought they said there is no brown roof in Yiibo land shocked shocked shocked

Maybe this one na Gold coated roof grin grin grin tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by onlyson16(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2015
No b devolopment they need , may dem see am nah
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by SirBlack999(m): 4:15pm On May 15, 2015
ramdris:
You just wan tell us say u dey New York grin
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by patrikobi: 4:32pm On May 15, 2015
Did you guys forget that times without number it was made public to all the traders to stop street trading and erection of illegal structures ..so i think they have been warned several times to desist from such.I think the govt has taken some measure to adress the issue of street trading and erection of unwanted structures..
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by kachiz(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2015
This people sef!
They are only demolishing roof extensions that serve as shade for shop owners.

There are several bad roads in aba, workers salary to pay, completion of half baked projects they started and have been building for the past 8 eight years and still its demolition of roof extensions in umuahia that you blind people think its keeping Abia backwards.

You people should continue, maybe by 2023 our states backwardness would have exceeded the time of "gods must be crazy".
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 15, 2015
Illegal ke when I can see good and wide roads infront of the buildings. others demolish buildings when trying to expand roads to make life easier for the citizens. Why not leave Umuahia a bit and concentrate on Aba, loads of illegal buildings along major roads eg Port-Harcourt Road ie if the sole purpose of d demolition is to expand the road and make it accessible for cars. Our governors just derive joy from making life more difficult for the indigenes. Itz well but I believe in the law of Karma cos it has never failed. We shall all reap what we sow
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Jobneeded12: 4:49pm On May 15, 2015
Fashola
Destroy all there markets in Lagos fast alaba, Oladipo they voted against APC can you imagine if there Governor can do it then you can
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Octaves(m): 4:50pm On May 15, 2015
illegal structures should definitely go down. but I think market facilities should be expanded and upgraded to absorb the road side sellers because they depend on it for subsistence
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by nwoko12: 4:55pm On May 15, 2015
My people is terrible I regret being an abian this is wickedness in the highest order the man sits and gives orders as a military man with out consideration and mercy that's wickedness cone to umuahia and see for ur self u will cry and weep people have been cursing the man and as far as God lives it must come to pass
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by imochisom(m): 5:00pm On May 15, 2015
I am sure The government has already notified them before now, so those who didn't hid to the warning would have themselves to blame.
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by nwoko12: 5:00pm On May 15, 2015
People were informed last night during the 7 pm news Thursday and Friday morning the started demolition
emindu:
the people were informed many
months ago to stop street trading and
erecting illegal business structures on
residential areas.
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by nwoko12: 5:01pm On May 15, 2015
They didn't ooooooo ooooooo ooooo.
imochisom:
I am sure The government has already notified them before now, so those who didn't hid to the warning would have themselves to blame.
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Reference(m): 5:04pm On May 15, 2015
ramdris:
Nothing wrong with the act if the structures are illegal. Same thing is happening here right now in New York where am staying.

Hmm. Did the PDP lose elections there too.

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by nwoko12: 5:05pm On May 15, 2015
OK since u talk about development what is wrong with developing a new Umuahi and leave the old one alone is that nit development niiiiiiiiiiii must we all die in the name of development must we all die answer must we all abians die for him?
ifychima:
i believe this is a gud step to development. why not keep sentiment aside and face reality, when we talk about development it takes alot of step and procedures to attain, PH and owerri, lagos and uyo under go this process before attaining the level of development existing in this states now and we envy them. Remember nothing good comes easily so lets endure the pains today and enjoy the dividens in the nearest future, and dnt forget we where warned not to tread on the street and to remove all the illegal structures on the street.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is The Safest Place In Nigeria To Have Landed Properties? / Nigerians To Own Houses For N1.5m Soon - Developers / Need A Trustworthy Site Supervisor/project Manager?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.