Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (249371 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
No na...... Haba! We can't just discard players like that.....

Moses wrote and contacted Oliseh and the Nff before he withdrew from those friendlies.......

I know his reasons sound kinda funny (precautionary steps to avoid injury)....... But Oliseh should please give Moses the benefit of a doubt. After all, Moses ended his letter to Oliseh and the Nff with these words, "I will always give my best for the Super Eagles........... "

**something like that**

I believe Oliseh just got to see reason here and put aside his "ego"...... At the 2013 Afcon, Oliseh was a big admirer of Victor Moses when he analysed game after game for the Super Sports Studio.

It's really unfortunate.... But I feel Oliseh should not let Moses go..... Not now..... Not without giving him another chance....

This is about the team taking back her place as Africa's finest........ Victor Moses is still needed in this team... He's not indispensable but his contributions and experience are "super valuable".......

Oliseh should pls wise up and not let his "shaky" man-management skills ruin anything.... Abeg.

adeyemi2015:

I think we don't need Moses in the Team anymore. He should the clique of Enyeama and Emenike! He's not willing to sacrifice for the National Team "anymore" hence I don't see a reason for his recall!
I think it's better we build a Team, especially the front line around Captain Musa, Ihenacho, Simon, Iwobi and Ighalo.
My personal opinion though!

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Moses wrote and contacted Oliseh and the Nff before he withdrew from those friendlies.......

I know his reasons sound kinda funny (precautionary steps to avoid injury)....... But Oliseh should please give Moses the benefit of a doubt. After all, Moses ended his letter to Oliseh and the Nff with these words, "I will always give my best for the Super Eagles........... "

**something like that**

I believe Oliseh just got to see reason here and put aside his "ego"...... At the 2013 Afcon, Oliseh was a big admirer of Victor Moses when he analysed game after game for the Super Sports Studio.

It's really unfortunate.... But I feel Oliseh should not let Moses go..... Not now..... Not without giving him another chance....

This is about the team taking back her place as Africa's finest........ Victor Moses is still needed in this team... He's not indispensable but his contributions and experience are "super valuable".......

Oliseh should pls wise up and not let his "shaky" man-management skills ruin anything.... Abeg.

Moses lost his parents in Nigeria. Nigerians killed his parents. He was a regular for the English junior sides and had a chance to join the English National team. Despite these, he chose to play for us. He was part of the team that won the Nations Cup.

Now some people want him discarded and are ready to tear Ibe for not choosing to play for Nigeria. We do not respect sacrifice. A hero today is scorned at and we want footballers to sacrifice their careers for Nigeria.

If Moses pleading with the coach to help him cope with his injuries is not enough, then Oliseh is free to discard him.

Will Oliseh tell me he does not know Moses battled with injuries in recent years? Will Oliseh say he did not know that injuries kept him out for a long time?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 30, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Yes he did write the Board and the Coach, but the excuse he gave is weak and flimsy! He couldn't play for his Country, but he could appear for his Club in the following Week?!

TheSuperNerd:

**something like that**

The bolded part just confirmed the reason he's not needed in the Team at the moment.

TheSuperNerd:

This isn't a matter of ego, rather a matter of doing the best for the Country! The era of pampering Players (especially Foreign Players) is over! If you can't give your 100% or honor the Call up at any time..... except with a cogent reason, you ain't needed!
That's just the message the foreign Pros needed in building a better Team for the Country.

TheSuperNerd:

I disagree with your submission on the Oliseh's man-management strategy or philosophy.
He's just being blunt, but it's obvious he's doing the job with passion. He's not after the Dollars rather the success of the Team!
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:15am On Oct 30, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Yes he did write the Board and the Coach, but the excuse he gave is weak and flimsy! He couldn't play for his Country, but he could appear for his Club in the following Week?!

The bolded part just confirmed the reason he's not needed in the Team at the moment.

This isn't a matter of ego, rather a matter doing the best for the Country! The era of pampering Players (especially Foreign Players) is over! If you can't give your 100% or honor the Call up at any time..... except with a cogent reason, you ain't needed!
That's just the message the foreign Pros needed to building a better Team for the Country.

I disagree with your submission on the Oliseh's man-management strategy or philosophy.
He's just being blunt, but it's obvious he's doing the job with passion. He's not after the Dollars rather the success of the Team!
Thanks.

What is blunt? That young man has gone through multiple injuries. If Oliseh thinks it is fair to punish him because he pleaded for an exemption from two friendly games, then I wonder how Moses feels now.

When he begged Oliseh, did Moses say he was injured? He is new at West Ham and he is trying to solidify his place there. Remember he is on loan and the coach can easily buy someone to replace him.

Moses begged Keshi and Keshi dropped him from his list. The next Saturday, Moses played for Stoke and injured. It is better he injures playing for West Ham than Nigeria because the club will have an obligation to help him recuperate.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Moses lost his parents in Nigeria. Nigerians killed his parents . He was a regular for the English junior sides and had a chance to join the English National team. Despite these, he chose to play for us. He was part of the team that won the Nations Cup.

Now some people want him discarded and are ready to tear Ibe for not choosing to play for Nigeria. We do not respect sacrifice. A hero today is scorned at and we want footballers to sacrifice their careers for Nigeria.

If Moses pleading with the coach to help him cope with his injuries is not enough, then Oliseh is free to discard him.

Will Oliseh tell me he does not know Moses battled with injuries in recent years? Will Oliseh say he did not know that injuries kept him out for a long time?

Don't really know what to say again?!
But this is not gonna help the Country. Ain't you a Nigerian?! Are you accusing yourself of killing is parents?! Or you want someone to be seen as a wicked person?! This isn't the best way to defend, cos it's too emotional and confrontational! Citing the bolded part seems emotional while the italized part seems confrontational!
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27am On Oct 30, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Don't really know what to say again?!
But this is not gonna help the Country. Ain't you a Nigerian?! Are you accusing yourself of killing is parents?! Or you want someone to be seen as a wicked person?! This isn't the best way to defend, cos it's too emotional and confrontational! Citing the bolded part seems emotional while the italized part seems confrontational!
Thanks!

It is the best way to put it because Oliseh has made it a policy to overlook the sacrifices people make to play for the Super Eagles. Just like Enyeama's case, he came from the burial of his mother.

Enyeama was a grieving son. Oliseh should know he is like a big brother to them.

It took Moses a lot of sacrifice to come back. This should be on Oliseh's mind. How can someone like Moses be tagged as Lazy and unselfish after his selfless sacrifice for Nigeria.

This is Victor Moses. Oliseh should also feel concerned about the young man's career. Oliseh played in Europe and knows how easily one can lose his place. Moses injured at Liverpool and lost his place there.

Oliseh should encourage Moses to miss the friendlies but make sure he comes to camp for the qualifiers. Not punish him for trying to save his career.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

What is blunt? That young man has gone through multiple injuries. If Oliseh thinks it is fair to punish him because he pleaded for an exemption from two friendly games, then I wonder how Moses feels now.

When he begged Oliseh, did Moses say he was injured? He is new at West Ham and he is trying to solidify his place there. Remember he is on loan and the coach can easily buy someone to replace him.

Moses begged Keshi and Keshi dropped him from his list. The next Saturday, Moses played for Stoke and injured. It is better he injures playing for West Ham than Nigeria because the club will have an obligation to help him recuperate.
Club over Country?!
I understand your point better now!
Nigeria can only use and dumb, and wouldn't be available to help when needed!
The past experience shows you have a point..... but the present NFF Executives meant better for our Players and the Team.
I am not saying Moses should be permanently axed but he should be penalized and made to understand that no one is indispensable.
This will be a lesson to others..... He's just being a scapegoat though, but it's a right decision to warn other foreign Pros!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:29am On Oct 30, 2015
The Super Eagles is a family and Oliseh is the head. Oliseh has the responsibility to build these players and not tear them down.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Tomtoxic: 12:30am On Oct 30, 2015
in as much as I want moses back in the team but that excuse he gave nur hold water all- trying to prevent injury hmm but he ended up playing 4 his club and he is still playing today abi 4 naija we dey chop players leg.
he should have just said he wants to focus on his club 4 nw dats way better than his shitty reason anyway oliseh please bring back my moses b4 e go do the instagram style

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It is the best way to put it because Oliseh has made it a policy to overlook the sacrifices people make to play for the Super Eagles. Just like Enyeama's case, he came from the burial of his mother.

Enyeama was a grieving son. Oliseh should know he is like a big brother to them.

It took Moses a lot of sacrifice to come back. This should be on Oliseh's mind. How can someone like Moses be tagged as Lazy and unselfish after his selfless sacrifice for Nigeria.

This is Victor Moses. Oliseh should also feel concerned about the young man's career. Oliseh played in Europe and knows how easily one can lose his place. Moses injured at Liverpool and lost his place there.

Oliseh should encourage Moses to miss the friendlies but make sure he comes to camp for the qualifiers. Not punish him for trying to save his career.
Well! Oliseh has a listening ear, and he's not stubborn as you think. I can't argue that he's visiting this thread regularly. Some goons here called for the invitation of Obafemi Martins and I was amazed when I saw the List this afternoon. I went against it but the points cited are genuine and reasonable for his inclusion in the Team by the Analysts on this thread!
Once again, I do not say he should be permanently axed..... rather he should be a medium to sound warning to the foreign Pros!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34am On Oct 30, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Club over Country?!
I understand your point better now!
Nigeria can only use and dumb, and wouldn't be available to help when needed!
The past experience shows you have a point..... but the present NFF Executives meant better for our Players and the Team.
I am not saying Moses should be permanently axed but he should be penalized and made to understand that no one is indispensable.
This will be a lesson to others..... He's just being a scapegoat though, but it's a right decision to warn other foreign Pros!

Bro. if Moses wrote a letter to the coach, then Oliseh should not penalize him. Oliseh has Moses direct number. Call him and explain to him your stance.

If Oliseh wants to have a strict boss relationship with these players, he should tell Moses. "After this time, I do not care about what is happening to you. If I say come and you do not come, I will penalize you."

Moses might decided to pull out of the National team but this approach will only tear the team and not build it.

Oliseh needs these young men doing well in their clubs. Their development is done mostly in clubs. So jeopardizing Moses chance at West Ham will not help the Super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 30, 2015
Tomtoxic:
in as much as I want moses back in the team but that excuse he gave nur hold water all- trying to prevent injury hmm but he ended up playing 4 his club and he is still playing today abi 4 naija we dey chop players leg.
he should have just said he wants to focus on his club 4 nw dats way better than his shitty reason anyway oliseh please bring back my moses b4 e go do the instagram style
God bless you sir!
I want him in the Team as well, but Oliseh needs to be strict if he really wanna take the Team to the promised land as he wishes!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37am On Oct 30, 2015
Tomtoxic:

It was two friendly games. Friendly games. I want to ask you a simple question. Has Moses injured a lot in recent years?

Do know Kolarov, Silva, Aguero injured on National duties?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:40am On Oct 30, 2015
adeyemi2015:

God bless you sir!
I want him in the Team as well, but Oliseh needs to be strict if he really wanna take the Team to the promised land as he wishes!

Let him continue being strict and let us see who will risk themselves for him if they know he would axe them if they make a mistake.

Moses has injured a lot. If any of our top stars injured as regularly as Moses, they would not find it easy making long travels for friendly games.

Moses sacrificed a lot to play for us, he is the wrong player for Oliseh to penalize because he proved his loyalty to us.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Bro. if Moses wrote a letter to the coach, then Oliseh should not penalize him. Oliseh has Moses direct number. Call him and explain to him your stance.

If Oliseh wants to have a strict boss relationship with these players, he should tell Moses. "After this time, I do not care about what is happening to you. If I say come and you do not come, I will penalize you."

Moses might decided to pull out of the National team but this approach will only tear the team and not build it.

Oliseh needs these young men doing well in their clubs. Their development is done mostly in clubs. So jeopardizing Moses chance at West Ham will not help the Super Eagles.
What has Oliseh done wrong here?! Somebody pleaded for his exclusion from the National Team to safeguard his Club career and he's given what he asked for! Is that a crime?! If he wants to be back in the Team, he should write the Coach and the Board that; he's fully fit and ready to honor the invitation at anytime!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Let him continue being strict and let us see who will risk themselves for him if they know he would ask them if they make a mistake.

Moses has injured a lot. If any of our top stars injured as regularly as Moses, they would not find it easy making long travels for friendly games.

Moses sacrificed a lot to play for us, he is the wrong player for Oliseh to penalize because he proved his loyalty to us.
grin
Please sir! Don't take it personal..... coz this won't help the national Team to grow! Sometimes one has to let go of emotional sentiment to achieve the target goal(s).
I get your point sir, but we need iron hand to reset the Eagles and get them return back to glorious Days!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:45am On Oct 30, 2015
adeyemi2015:

What has Oliseh done wrong here?! Somebody pleaded for his exclusion from the National Team to safeguard his Club career and he's given what he asked for! Is that a crime?! If he wants to be back in the Team, he should write the Coach and the Board that; he's fully fit and ready to honor the invitation at anytime!

Oliseh punished him for asking for Help from his National team coach. If that is not wrong, What is? This is a message from Oliseh. "Young players like Yahaya, Iheanacho, Chidera Ezeh, Success, if you make sacrifices for the Super Eagles, you can get it bad if you faulter."

Did Moses ask Oliseh to penalize him because he is battling an injury riddled career? He begged for the exclusion of two friendly games.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49am On Oct 30, 2015
adeyemi2015:

grin
Please sir! Don't take it personal..... coz this won't help the national Team to grow! Sometimes one has to let go of emotional sentiment to achieve the target goal(s).
I get your point sir, but we need iron hand to reset the Eagles and get them return back to glorious Days!

Iron hands for who? Which player does not turn up for the Super Eagles without a genuine reason? Enyeama buried his mom on a Saturday and made it to camp on a Monday? Is that not devotion?

Moses turned down a chance to play for the English team to play for us despite facing a horrific event in Nigeria. Is that not devotion? Are these the guys you want to use iron hands on?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It was two friendly games. Friendly games. I want to ask you a simple question. Has Moses injured a lot in recent years?

Do know Kolarov, Silva, Aguero injured on National duties?
Yes they are friendly games, but they were more than friendly matches to Oliseh!
He's building a Team, thus he needs all his Players (the responsible ones that he could build the Team around) to be available for the games.
He doesn't have much time to prepare the Team ahead of the qualifiers (Nations Cup and the World Cup respectively). He got an opportunity to familiarize himself with the Players, to explain his philosophy and tactics to them; to watch them practising it; to make corrections when the needs arise.
And since Moses wasn't part of the Games, he's already lost with the Team's new tactics and philosophy. Oliseh needs Players who are always fit and available for the Call ups at the moment..... sorry to say, that's the only way he can qualify the Team for the two Finals
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:59am On Oct 30, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Yes they are friendly games, but they were more than friendly matches to Oliseh!
He's building a Team, thus he needs all his Players (the responsible ones that he could build the Team around) to be available for the games.
He doesn't have much time to prepare the Team ahead of the qualifiers (Nations Cup and the World Cup respectively). He got an opportunity to familiarize himself with the Players, to explain his philosophy and tactics to them; to watch them practising it; to make corrections when the needs arise.
And since Moses wasn't part of the Games, he's already lost with the Team's new tactics and philosophy. Oliseh needs Players who are always fit and available for the Call ups at the moment..... sorry to say, that's the only way he can qualify the Team for the two Finals
Thanks

Oliseh should know the younger players are watching. Moses sacrificed a lot. If a selfless player like him get treated this way, even after he begged, then Oliseh can do what he likes.

I can not support this. I wish the Super Eagles the very best.

I pray Moses takes this lightly because this is a recipe for retirement. Then Oliseh will come out and say "I never knew."

I hope there is a better excuse for dropping than penalize and strictness.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03am On Oct 30, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Thanks

Moses is a professional. He has worked with many coaches with different philosophies. Those that know is more than Oliseh. So that one will not work because Moses is a highly trained player.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:25am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Moses lost his parents in Nigeria. Nigerians killed his parents. He was a regular for the English junior sides and had a chance to join the English National team. Despite these, he chose to play for us. He was part of the team that won the Nations Cup.

I don't want it to seem like im always arguing with u but i completely disagree.
First it does not matter what nationality his parent killers were, they were killed by wicked people and it is not only in Nigeria that wicked people exist. Secondly he was actually snubbed by the British and that is wat led to Nigeria being an option.
Last but not least Moses was dead wrong no excuses, what do we see in Europe when a player might be hurt? He shows up, gets checked by the Nat team doctors and then the coach makes the decision if to send him home or play him. He chose not to come so he has to live with Oliseh choosing not to select him. Nigeria is bigger than any one player, this is the same country that gave birth to Yekini and Okocha and they would never have done what Moses did. Moses is one of my favorite players but i was highly upset with him when he didn't show. Oliseh is not as bad as people think i am sure he will invite Moses in the future but as of now i am 100 percent behind him.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:32am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Much respect to Emenike. His maturity is unbelievable and I pray God blesses him and increases him in his career. Emenike will always remain a Super Eagles hero and the Super Eagles will continue to fly higher.
The guy is very matured unlike the Osaze's, the Uche's and the likes.
We will miss his powerful runs in front of goal anyway.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2015
Tomtoxic:
super eagles list for Swaziland is out new invites are hope Akpan,martins,sone aluko,and iheanacho.I just hope victor moses doesn't skip this 1 too b4 oliseh refuses calling him again.
Swaziland here we come
Lack of proper communication could be the reason for most of all these Coach/Player vs Club crises.
Can his Club hold any player that plays for Countries like England, Germany, Italy, e.t.c?
To me the best option for Oliseh is just to find capable replacements for all our shakara foreign pros, so as to put a stop to the notion that national team is a place to revive players' dead football Careers.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 30, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I don't want it to seem like im always arguing with u but i completely disagree.
First it does not matter what nationality his parent killers were, they were killed by wicked people and it is not only in Nigeria that wicked people exist. Secondly he was actually snubbed by the British and that is wat led to Nigeria being an option.
Last but not least Moses was dead wrong no excuses, what do we see in Europe when a player might be hurt? He shows up, gets checked by the Nat team doctors and then the coach makes the decision if to send him home or play him. He chose not to come so he has to live with Oliseh choosing not to select him. Nigeria is bigger than any one player, this is the same country that gave birth to Yekini and Okocha and they would never have done what Moses did. Moses is one of my favorite players but i was highly upset with him when he didn't show. Oliseh is not as bad as people think i am sure he will invite Moses in the future but as of now i am 100 percent behind him.

God bless you for the bolded part!

Orkpekyandega:

Lack of proper communication could be the reason for most of all these Coach/Player vs Club crises.
Can his Club hold any player that plays for Countries like England, Germany, Italy, e.t.c?
To me the best option for Oliseh is just to find capable replacements for all our shakara foreign pros, so as to put a stop to the notion that national team is a place to revive players' dead football Careers.

Seems You and I are on the same page as regard the Moses case!
Nice submission sir!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2015
I AM NOT AND WILL NEVER BE IN SUPPORT OF INSURBODINATION AND "BIG MANISM".....

All I'm saying is this......... Oliseh shouldn't discard Moses......... *simple*

Of course Moses' excuse was "funny and kinda childish" ok........ I said that earlier.....

But this is about returning Nigeria to the top of African soccer..........

And whether Anyone agrees or not......... Moses may "NOT" be indispensable but he is "super valuable".

WHY WOULD ANYONE "HIGHLIGHT" ONLY THE PART OF HIS "FLIMSY" EXCUSE AND HIT ON THAT ONLY?? Yes, Moses was wrong and childish...... I wasn't happy when he chose to stay away..... Ok

BUT, NO ONE IS LOOKING AT THIS FACT, MOSES WROTE, "Please understand my reasons........" **NOT THIS ONE** (This part got me a little upset.... What's there to understand? Ok, there is maybe but it's still kinda childish)

HERE'S THE PART THAT GOT ME THINKING, "give him one more chance to prove this statement...."

Here it goes»»

**YEAH, THIS ONE**
He further wrote to Oliseh and the Nff, "........... I promise to always give my best for the Super Eagles and will always feel proud in the Green and White........"

**note: I remember the angle of his letter, summarised content and context but NOT exactly the "word-for-word content"

IT'S VERY SIMPLE....... OLISEH SHOULD NOT DISCARD THIS GUY.

This is where his manager acumen comes in........... He's tactically sound and a fine soccer strategist but I feel "uneasy" with his man-management skills....

I know Oliseh is passionate to see Nigerian football rise to the topmost again....... He was sick yet he stood on the sidelines "barking out instructions" to the Chan Eagles in the first leg.

Oliseh is a great guy and a fine coach..... I love his "no excuses, success must be achieved" ATTITUDE..... REALLY COOL.

But on man-management, his decisions aren't always the "wisest". He should pls not discard Moses.......... Keep him under ur radar and throw him an invite later........... If he proves "false" then it would totally be Moses' doing.......

Note: IF YOU WANNA QUOTE ME ON THIS, PLEASE DO WELL TO SEE MY "WHOLISTIC VIEW" AND NOT PICK ON SOME "ISOLATED POINT"..... PLEASE, THIS IS IMPORTANT COZ I DON'T WANNA SAY ANYMORE ON THIS.

UNDERSTAND MY "CENTRAL VIEW" INSTEAD OF JUMPING IN AND QUOTING ME TOO QUICKLY.....

Thanks. And GODBLESS........*Smiles*

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2015
Tomtoxic:
Lol.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Moses is definitely gonna be back to the Team.... but not at the moment!
He's surely needed in the Team but he should make to realise that a new Sheriff is in town!
It's no more a business as usual! Honor the national call or get axed..... except with a good reason(s)!
No one is indispensable!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04am On Oct 30, 2015
Hahahaha....... But na true o....... Instagram and Super Eagles Retirements don dey trend these days..... *smiles*

Orkpekyandega:

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Wolves goalkeeper enjoying playing for Nigeria
[/size]
Wolves Goalkeeper Carl Ikeme, is enjoying his call ups with Nigeria after losing his goalkeeping place at Wolves, according to t he Express and Star.
by: Matt Clayton

Carl Ikeme.

The Wolves shot-stopper has s aid he enjoys playing for Nigeria, and it has helped him keep in shape after struggling to hold his place at Wolves.

Wolves signed goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez in the summer on a season long loan from Arsenal to add competition in the goalkeeping department.

So far manager Kenny Jackett has opted for Martinez over Ikeme, who was Wolves' number one choice for most of last season.

Speaking about his International career, Ikeme said to Express and Star: "I’m really enjoying it. I’ve not been able to play that much with Wolves this season so getting a few games for Nigeria has kept me going really.

"It’s been a really welcome boost. Obviously I’ve not been playing much, it’s not easy, so it gives me a week or 10-day break to go away and give me something else to focus on.”.

Jackett has been accused of unsettling both keepers particularly Ikeme, by constantly dropping him for Martinez who has also made some mistakes himself.

Ikeme can't be happy with his lack of game time at Wolves after waiting patiently for his chance to be number one at the club for several years.

However, he is clearly enjoying playing for Nigeriain what is a late international career.
[/b]

footballleagueworld.co.uk/wolves-goalkeeper-enjoying-playing-for-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:53am On Oct 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles Assistant Coach Loscuito: Enyimba Attracted Me To Nigerian Football
[/size]

Super Eagles assistant coach Jean Francois Loscuito reveals why he agreed to work with Sunday Oliseh, and his love for local dishes in Nigeria in this interview with Completesportsnige ria.com's ADEBOYE AMOSU…

You were virtually an unknown figure to Nigerians before your appointment as Super Eagles assistant coach, can you tell us more about yourself?

My name is Jean Francois Loscuito. I am a Belgian. My first main coaching job in Africa was with Togolese side, Anges de Notse, and we played in the CAF Champions League against Enyimba during my time with them. I also worked in Rwanda with Rayon Sports.

My last job before coming down to work in Nigeria was with Burkina Faso side, ASFA Yennenga. I spent one year at the club before Mr Sunday Oliseh called me in July and asked me if i could work with him in Nigeria.

It was an offer I could not turn down as Nigeria is one of the best footballing nations in the world. I watched Oliseh play for the Super Eagles in his active days. He was one of the best players in Africa then. It is a dream come true for me to work with some of the best players in Africa now.

How is your family, wife and kids?

(Long laughter) I'm married. My wife is also a Belgian, she lives in Belgium with my kids. The number of kids I have i wouldn't want to talk about that.
I do travel to Belgium to see them whenever I'm on holiday.

How challenging has it been for you to work here in Africa without your wife and kids staying with you?

It has been tough I must confess. But I love it right here because Africans are nice people. The fans are good. They love football and always come out in large numbers to support their teams.
It was tough at the beginning, but I think I'm coping better now.

What went through your mind when you were first approached by coach Sunday Oliseh to come and work with him?

I was attracted more to Nigerian football when my team in Togo then came to play against Enyimba in Aba. I loved the quality of the Enyimba side and the way the fans came out to support the team.

Outside Africa, Nigerian footballers are rated highly and always attract the interests of the big clubs. If you look at most clubs in Europe today, you see Nigerian players there.
So, it was an offer I could not turn down. As a coach you want to work with quality players and in top footballing countries. It was just an easy decision for me to accept the offer.

What has the experience been like for you, working here in Nigeria?

I love it here in Nigeria. The environment, the working condition is okay. I'm also enjoying the job. I have enjoyed working with the main squad and also the CHAN team.

We have the opportunity to do great things with the team. We hope to play at the Africa Cup of Nations, the World Cup as well as CHAN.

Before I go to bed everyday, I also pray for us to be successful on the job. It has been a wonderful experience for me here in Nigeria.

You have watched some league matches in Nigeria since your appointment as the Super Eagles assistant coach, how would you rate the standard of football in the Glo Premier League?

I have seen about four matches live. The standard is good. I believe the Nigerian league is better than the ones in Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria and other countries in Africa.

I saw Osas (Okoro) and Etim (Mathew) in Rangers and I was happy with their performance.
The standard of football in other games too was good and I saw a lot of quality players.

I spoke with Oliseh about the two of them and he said fine we can invite them to come and play for the Super Eagles.

On a final note, how accustomed are you to Nigerian food?

I like Nigerian food, it is very good. When I was in Togo, Rwanda and Burkina Faso I ate the local food there too. I love plantain, yam, eba, amala. They are all good.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/eagles-assistant-coach-loscuito-enyimba-attracted-me-to-nigerian-football/

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
NFF Confirm Martins’ Eagles Recall; Iheanacho, Moses Left Out
[/size]

The Nigeria Football Federation have confirmed Comple tesportsnigeria.com’s scoop that Seattle Sounders striker Obafemi Martins has been recalled to the Super Eagles, by officially listing him in the squad for the World Cup qualifying tie against Swaziland.

There are however no places for the in-form England-based pair, Manchester City’s Kelechi Iheanacho and West Ham’s Victor Moses, in the 23-man squad announced on Thursday.

The two-legged fixture will take place over four days next month, with the first leg in Lobamba on Friday, November 13 and the return at the Adokiye Amiesiamaka Stadium in Port Harcourt on Tuesday, November 17.

Martins, who has not featured for the Super Eagles in two years, has been in great form in the American Major League Soccer, where his Seattle Sounders defeated LA Galaxy in an MLS Cup play-off clash on Thursday morning.

The invitation is also a sweet birthday present to Martins, who celebrated his big day on Wednesday. He scored for Nigeria on his debut in a friendly match against Republic of Ireland in London in May 2005.

Six home-based players, who all played notable roles in Nigeria’s qualification for the 4th African Nations Championship at the expense of Burkina Faso, are in the squad.

Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi, Portugal-based former junior internationals Dele Alampasu and Abdullahi Shehu and Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi are also invited, as well as former junior international defender Wilfred Ndidi.

Oliseh has directed all the players to arrive at the Bolton White Apartments, Abuja on Sunday, November 8 as training commences same day by 7pm.

THE FULL LIST
Goalkeepers:
Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England)
Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Sunshine Stars)
Dele Alampasu (Club de Sportivo Feirense, Portugal)

Defenders:
Abdullahi Shehu (Uniao da Madeira, Portugal)
Kalu Orji (Enyimba FC)
Elderson Echiejile (AS Monaco, France)
Chima Akas (Sharks FC)
Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz, Germany)
Godfrey Oboabona (Caykur Rizespor, Turkey)
Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland)
Austin Oboroakpo (Abia Warriors)

Midfielders:
Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy)
Paul Onobi (Sunshine Stars)
John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England)
Rabiu Ibrahim (AS Trencin, Slovakia)
Wilfred Ndidi (KRC Genk, Belgium)
Sylvester Igbonu (FC UFA, Russia)

Forwards:
Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia)
Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium)
Odion Ighalo (Watford FC, England)
Ezekiel Bassey (Enyimba FC)
Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England)
Obafemi Martins (Seattle Sounders, USA)
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/nff-confirm-martins-recall-iheanacho-moses-left-out/

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (161) (Reply)

Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0 / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.