Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,968 members, 7,845,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! (12557 Views)

Innoson Motors, Igbos And The Quest For Biafra: My Perception. / How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam / 2015 Elections: My Perception About The Yorubas! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

As you can see!
smiley
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 16, 2015
Vorp:
IBO man forming ND,mtcheew.

Why would a normal human do that? Let me stop here!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

smiley

We shall always sort out our issues outta here....You know what I mean!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by prelinctus: 10:07pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

Your point being? smiley
My point being that you should learn to act like one.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

We shall always sort out our issues outta here....You know what I mean!
Ok sir
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 16, 2015
frankyychiji:
Thank you OP. The craving for self-actualization has never been so strong. The peace they think they have now is the peace of a graveyard . There is too much suspicion, mutual suspicion. The Igbo man is suspicious of the Hausa man, the Hausa man is suspicious of the Ijaw man, the Ijaw man is suspicious of the Yoruba man, the Yoruba man is suspicious of the Igala man and it goes round and round. I wonder why these suspicious elements won't be allowed their rights to self-determination. Can two work together except they agree? I pray the oil dries up soonest, because they all owe their lives to this commodity. The oppressor is ever ready to strike just to keep their reins tightly on this commodity. Let the oil dry up soon and everybody will be forced to look inward and re-appraise this unholy union called Nigeria. One cretinous mugu was asking who will lead the battle for the emancipation of the lower Niger, well I will not dignify him with a response. He obviously has a complex, and such people don't go far in life. He will wake up one morning to see that everyone around him has been long gone, and he would have no choice than to pick up his mat and run like a headless chicken, destination unknown! The sound of the beagle would be so deafeningly throbbing, he would wish he was never born!

Thank you, Bro. The rape is just too much!

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 16, 2015
prelinctus:

My point being that you should learn to act like one.
I don't see you telling the guy who called me a 'freak' or said 'full of yellow crap' to act like a gentleman smiley
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

Ok sir

Most welcome. Tomorrow is a another day, S.J!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 16, 2015
frankyychiji:
You are obviously a small boy with a small mind. For now, this country still belong to all of us and we are all entitled to our own stakes in the matter. Were you expecting because Buhari a Fulani is going to be the next president, then we should all boycott our collective bounty? No! Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer!

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Most welcome. Tomorrow is a another day, S.J!
Very truee....may we see 2mao by his Grace
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 16, 2015
ideykwum:
You're a freak! SW that is declining in all parameters?? Go check the government stats! Thank God the Statistician General is Yoruba! Olodo! Full of yellow crap!
Bro, you need to follow trend. We have lots of enemies and we can't continue to dignify them with any response. I have been trying to understand why they always flood every SS/SE Unity threads. This movement and unity is divine and shall never be broken whether they like it or not.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

Very truee....may we see 2mao by his Grace

His grace is our guarantee. No matter my agitation and clamour here, I never lose sight of the beauty of the human spirit. I never lose sight of humanity.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by ideykwum: 10:16pm On May 16, 2015
Amen bro! You are correct! This Yoruba hypocrisy is really very annoying and repulsive! Obasanjo is now a progressive and Awo the father of democracy!! Unbelievable!!!

barcanista:
Bro, you need to follow trend. We have lots of enemies and we can't continue to dignify them with any response. I have been trying to understand why they always flood every SS/SE Unity threads. This movement and unity is divine and shall never be broken whether they like it or not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Thank you, Bro. The rape is just too much!
The rape will continue except we vigorously pursue our goal. One thing I've realised is the existance of angelic-demons. They appear angelic and talk softly but are demons within. They may claim to be from our region or may even come from our region but are hell bent in maintaining the status quo under different guise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

His grace is our guarantee. No matter my agitation and clamour here, I never lose sight of the beauty of the human spirit. I never lose sight of humanity.

Amen to that....we're humans,difference in opions and ideas comes with the territory inspite of everything all we have is each other
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by ideykwum: 10:18pm On May 16, 2015
God bless you too!

dearpreye:

Thank you for the kind words.

Indeed, we were lied to. Our people bought into the lies and sold them freely to us. I'm not selling them to my household cos they have been found out.

Indeed, the Igbos have really been subjected to such indignity as is not common with any other tribe.

The manipulations and eventual outcome of the last elections have jolted me back to reality.

If there's anybody we can trust as Ijaws, they are the SE people.

God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 16, 2015
ideykwum:
Amen bro! You are correct! This Yoruba hypocrisy is really very annoying and repulsive! Obasanjo is now a progressive and Awo the father of democracy!! Unbelievable!!!

That's what propaganda and persistent lying can produce.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by mayorchelsea(m): 10:19pm On May 16, 2015
noblezone:
@OP,
We promised to sail or sink with GEJ and we kept our word!

So, did we sink with him?
No! We hold our heads high!
We did what we knew was right.
No regreets whatsoever and if we have same opportunity again, we shall do it muh more than before.

Having said that, bro I am secessionist.
Nigeria is a "country" founded by slave traders.
We are not slaves, we are free born!
Same slave traders that laid a foundation for you and I to be educated and come to nairaland to drop our comments in the slave traders language#JUST SAYING
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 16, 2015
ideykwum:
God bless you too!

Amen! Thanks, bro

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by prelinctus: 10:23pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

I don't see you telling the guy who called me a 'freak' or said 'full of yellow crap' to act like a gentleman smiley
You have a point there but I only chose to tell you because I noticed they were leading you on. You don't need to join them in being uncouth.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 16, 2015
ideykwum:

It is shameful that some people think we should fold hands and smile to watch how some hypocrites run us down. I won't call any tribe but I shall vigorously pursue this course and shut down every enemy within. Our major problem are those enemies within that must not be allowed to have their way. We must resist them with all we have,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Deltagiant: 10:26pm On May 16, 2015
barcanista:

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 16, 2015
prelinctus:

You have a point there but I only chose to tell you because I noticed they were leading you on. You don't need to join them in being uncouth.
Noted! Thank you smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 16, 2015
prelinctus:

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Obiodunukwe: 10:30pm On May 16, 2015
Vorp:
IBO man forming ND,mtcheew.

No the OP is actually from SS

He is a frustrated man. He is older than the owner of this website.

He is just bitter that his kinsman lost the election.

Bitter twisted man that should focus on his family

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by prelinctus: 10:30pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

Noted! Thank you smiley
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 16, 2015
gboss4sure:

Classic response

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:
These are about the most interesting political times in our history as a country. This is probably the best period to be alive in Nigeria. But these are also trying times. According to Tom Paine, these are times that try the souls of men.

The elections are well over, and GMB will soon be sworn-in as our new President come May 29, 2015. I recently created a thread here on the many disguised blessings that lie beneath the loss of GEJ at the last presidential polls. This thread is also about the many blessings. For all intent and purposes, I'm deeply glad GEJ lost.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that detractors will attack this message and myself as someone pandering to the Igbos. Its their call. Its their decision. Its their MB. Its their life. I owe NO apology whatsoever, and no one should expect me to fit their own definition of my life, values and person.

Before 2015 Elections

A few nights ago, I was in the company of my Ijaw folks. As expected, the last elections and the outcome cropped up. People are more politically aware these days. We now discuss more politics than we do wine and women; the latter two have been given some back seat. Its time to look and see into the future. We ended the discussion by agreeing the Igbos stood by our side. Now, some people may accuse the Igbos of doing so purely on some selfish or self-serving motives. That's their business; their alomo bitters!

A whole lot of us grew up with some misinformation and lies against the Igbos. These unfounded and foolish lies created in us some unnecessary suspicion and distrust towards the Igbo people. We were told they are always greedy, narrow-minded and cheats. But my experience with them has proven to be totally false.

My people- great grandparents never understood the vision and courage of late Ojukwu. They never understood his passion. They never understood his person. They never understood him. A lot of Igbos are even yet to fully grasp the vision of the great man; ours can therefore be pardoned. If you don't understand a person's vision, how do you work with them? Can two work together except they be agreed? So asks the Bible. Now, I know better! All those lies have been laid bare. All the misinformation have disappeared as I understood them better. All the talks of the Igbos cornering OUR OIL is plain bullshit, and are lies fed us through our past generations. Now, I know better.

It was due to that lack of understanding of his vision that led late Isaac Boro, a great Ijaw warrior, to side with Nigeria against the Igbos during the Civil War, and thereby strengthened the chains that have now come to bind us. That lack of understanding and subsequent support of the Ijaws against the Igbos that has also contributed to the precarious situation we have now found ourselves in this unholy and untoward contraption. We simply helped and assisted our oppressors. Even Ken Saro-Wiwa caught the vision late; the noose was already around his neck. Too bad. He still remains my hero till my death. Those who braved dangers for a greater and grander purpose are worthy of honour, dignity and utmost respect.

2015 General Elections

I was really ashamed of myself and our grandparents when the Igbos stood by GEJ. I never believed it. I felt we never deserved their goodwill and cooperation. I was particularly elated when the IYC visited Ndigbo weeks before the elections and tried to iron out some issues. Probably, some apologies would have been rendered. Never in my life had I witnessed the isolation that greeted my people during the elections. The propaganda and lying machine of the APC did wonderfully well.

The Igbos stood by us, even when it was so obvious GEJ would lose the elections. They have been maligned and insulted for doing so. They have been needlessly lampooned and denigrated for doing so. They proved we can have in them some BIG BROTHERS. They have proven to be deeply reliable, contrary to what media and the detractors would have us believe. They have been sending these signals to us for decades, but we didn't understand; we didn't see the signals. Now, the chicken is coming home to roost.

The Way Forward

Its not every battle you fight alone. Some battles require alliance. The North and SW just displayed that in the last elections. The SS has NO option than to appeal, through adequate channels, to get closed to the SE. Its has NO alternative. Any solitary agitation will end in futility. History backs my claim. The Igbos will so maligned and disregarded in the past are our only TRUE BROTHERS in the whole contraption. Its time to make amends. Its time to put off the cloak of division and prejudice, and put on the garment of unity, understanding and common vision.

My concerns go well beyond 2015. They even go beyond whatever performance GMB will put forward. I have NO faith in the current structure. Its backward; supports laziness and parasitism.

I'm not a secessionist. I love all Nigerians. I have NO issues with any particular people or tribe. But I love equity and justice more than I love even my own life. I just want a better nation; one founded on the tenets of equity, justice and fairness. And if the current situation doesn't favour these tenets, its time to look at another viable, peaceful, option. I have just one life, and it must be meaningful.

I'm not willing to handover to my kids a system in which they have no hope. I do not hope to bring them into frustration and injustice.

And to all Igbos here, you shall henceforth have my deepest respect and honour for being a BIG BROTHER. And if I have done anything to anyone of you, knowingly and unknowingly, this message is my plea for forgiveness, brotherhood, and peace. You deserve my deepest respect.

Let this message be the blood that is sacrificed for our unity, peace and oneness. God bless you ALL!

Dearpreye.
This my friend, deserves the best post of the year. Truly the unity of the S/E and S/S is like a two edge sword. God knows what we will achieve together in the long run. All we need is mutual understanding and respect for one another. May God bless the people of the Lower Niger Region. It is well.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by after1: 10:49pm On May 16, 2015
[s]
barcanista:
[/s]

Ediot, Is your father the owner of nairaland. They can flood any thread they want, go to your foolish forum if you dont want opposing views. The ediot was posting trash before the election on how the SW will vote but now crying foul cos of mere comment on a nairaland thread. Shameless chameleon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by after1: 10:52pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

That's what propaganda and persistent lying can produce.

You will regret this tribal way you are going, continue insulting other tribes. I can see its now your new way, dont cry when we retaliate.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by after1: 10:54pm On May 16, 2015
Obiodunukwe:

No the OP is actually from SS

He is a frustrated man. He is older than the owner of this website.

He is just bitter that his kinsman lost the election.

Bitter twisted man that should focus on his family

Dont mind the fool. I can see he is now insulting the Yorubas and calling them names cos his broda that dont even know he exist lost election. Foolish people.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Obiodunukwe: 10:56pm On May 16, 2015
after1:

You will regret this tribal way you are going, continue insulting other tribes. I can see its now your new way, dont cry when we retaliate.

The old man is a snake!

He is a frustrated man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anyone Operating From Pdp Hq Is Talking Nonsense — Femi Adesina / Bayelsa Drags FG, Rivers State & Akwa Ibom To Supreme Court Over Soku Oil Wells / bI Trust Yemi Osinbajo. He's Absolutely Reliable - Pastor E.A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.