Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? (3259 Views)

I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / 8 Things Guys Need To Fix Before Approaching A Lady / Approaching A Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 11:37pm On May 16, 2015
ok this has got to stop, i have noticed this so much and sometimes it gets me wondering maybe it's written somewhere in the bible or its an abomination if a girl walks up to a guy and tell him she likes him or maybe initiating a convo(greenlight) she'll go to hell.

There is this girl that has a crush on me and she makes it so obvious thats why i know, we have been seeing eachother on different places and ocassions but i don't want to make the move first cos i see nothing wrong if she does it. . .note: am not a shy type cos due to my funny nature i fought shyness outta my life

ladies, please whats wrong in telling a guy that you like him? I know most of you will say he'll not value and respect you but that's a lie cos i really do cherish girls that do that cos they went for what they want even when the guy dey dull upon all the green lights. And guys how will you react or treat a girl that walks up to you to profess her likeness/love to you?
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by missKiffy(f): 11:51pm On May 16, 2015
You are just one of the few who cherish it, some guys don't and there is no way a girl would know if the guy she is about to approach would cherish it, so she would not make an attempt, than make an attempt and be seen as trash.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 12:00am On May 17, 2015
missKiffy:
You are just one of the few who cherish it, some guys don't and there is no way a girl would know if the guy she is about to approach would cherish it, so she would not make an attempt, than make an attempt and be seen as trash.
i just wish she can do that. . .sometime last month a girl told me to my face that she likes me, i was really happy and till date am very close to her, i treat her like a queen, listen to her problems but i can't date her reasons best known to me sha
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by Nobody: 12:12am On May 17, 2015
I've had girls walked up to confess how they were madly in love with me... The last one happened about two months ago when i was still in school, never new this girl was taking note of everything happening around me! So one morning i was sitting on my own in an empty lecture hall when she walked up to invite me for a church programe which i turned down. The next day, she came back to tell me how i missed the programe and she collected my number for unknown reason! What really got me suspicious was when another guy she had been with a while ago came around seeking her attention, but she reacted angrily while asking the guy for a break! A day latter, she put a call through to my phone asking if i was living alone which i told her yes, and she said she was coming to my place, so i asked what she was coming to do? I'm sure, she never expected me to ask with the kind of silence and disappointment i perceived through her voice, then she said she was coming to charge her phone! How surprise i was cos...
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by Nobody: 12:16am On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
I've had girls walked up to confess how they were madly in love with me... The last one happened about two months ago when i was still in school, never new this girl was taking note of everything happening around me! So one morning i was sitting on my own in an empty lecture hall when she walked up to invite me for a church programe which i turned down. The next day, she came back to tell me how i missed the programe and she collected my number for unknown reason! What really got me suspicious was when another guy she had been with a while ago came around seeking her attention, but she reacted angrily while asking the guy for a break! A day latter, she put a call through to my phone asking if i was living alone which i told her yes, and she said she was coming to my place, so i asked what she was coming to do? I'm sure, she never expected me to ask with the kind of silence and disappointment i perceived through her voice, then she said she was coming to charge her phone! How surprise i was cos...
hmm,so i guess you are feeling like oshiomhole nah?
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by Nobody: 12:30am On May 17, 2015
i didn't remember telling her i've got a gen! so i told her i was not running generator, then she hunged-up. two days latter she started calling my phone but i decided not picking cos i could get a clue about what all that was about. the next day she came to where i was sitting after first lecture period waiting for the second lecture to commence and questioned why i didn't take her calls? so i told her my love was actually with the phone when her call came in, (even though it was nothing but a lie so as to get her keeping her distance a little bit). few munites latter i noticed she wasn't saying anything any longer and looking with her eyes straight forward towards same direction. i quickly realize that the lie i told was getting into her mind so i have to excuse her. she kept on coming after lectures and sometimes we would get on same transport but i would drop at a little distance before my home just to make sure she doesn't know where i live. to cut the story short, i discovered she was looking...
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by Nobody: 12:41am On May 17, 2015
for somebody to hang-on to for financial cover-up to see her through the rest of her time in school. and she actually thought i could fit in perfectly cos my clothes were always properly ironed plus my way of life. thanks to my laundry man and my atm-card that always made me look good and handsome! but how disappointed she was cos i ain't no samson, adam... etc

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by ronald4lif(m): 1:04am On May 17, 2015
Girls ask guys out everyday. It's no biggie. But before a girl does so she must have been friends with the guy first. We're no longer in the medieval ages, this is 21st century. But that doesn't mean one should expect a girl to just walk up to them and ask them out when their path has never crossed. Most guys will just take a girl for granted if she ask them out. So they prefer to give subtle signs, and a guy who's interested will pick it up from there. That's the conventional practice.

I just dey pity you sha. Dey there dey wait make that babe come woo you until she drop you wedding IV.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by Nobody: 1:16am On May 17, 2015
KiidaACE:
hmm,so i guess you are feeling like oshiomhole nah?
all i'm saying is simple... Guys don't get carried away when a lady comes knocking. Do well to check their intentions properly before you open cos most of them are like DELILAH, after getting what they want, they pluck out your eyes together with your heart!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by Nobody: 1:23am On May 17, 2015
I am really learning, let the class please resume...............
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by henribj(m): 2:12am On May 17, 2015
ronald4lif:
Girls ask guys out everyday. It's no biggie. But before a girl does so she must have been friends with the guy first. We're no longer in the medieval ages, this is 21st century. But that doesn't mean one should expect a girl to just walk up to them and ask them out when their path has never crossed. Most guys will just take a girl for granted if she ask them out. So they prefer to give subtle signs, and a guy who's interested will pick it up from there. That's the conventional practice.

I just dey pity you sha. Dey there dey wait make that babe come woo you until she drop you wedding IV.

well said man, I couldn't have said it better.
some dulling guys out there are the ones causing problems for other guys.
a girl likes you, gives you and shows you all the signs, and yet you are still waiting for her to open her mouth and say "pls be my boyfriend". some guys sef ehn, maybe next life them suppose born them as females make them see as e dey be.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by obontami: 2:14am On May 17, 2015
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by DonX001: 2:33am On May 17, 2015
missKiffy:

Gbam!!!
That sums it up perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by DonX001: 2:53am On May 17, 2015
SexyNairalander:
i just wish she can do that. . .sometime last month a girl told me to my face that she likes me, i was really happy and till date am very close to her, i treat her like a queen, listen to her problems but i can't date her reasons best known to me sha

Guy, you're just one liverless puppy.
Stay there and be exchanging glances with her and wishing she'll come and ask you out........i dont know if you're a guy or a girl in a guy's body.

If you,even as a guy cannot walk up to a girl to initiate some small talk, how would you have been able to do it if God had made you a girl?? And you're now blaming girls for not coming out to talk to you, something you can't even do yourself.

Better grow some balls and go talk to the babe, if not, Vaseline will continue to be your partner.
Before you know it, some sharper guy will just come and kolobi the babe, while you'll still be sitting down there exchanging glances.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 6:46am On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
for somebody to hang-on to for financial cover-up to see her through the rest of her time in school. and she actually thought i could fit in perfectly cos my clothes were always properly ironed plus my way of life. thanks to my laundry man and my atm-card that always made me look good and handsome! but how disappointed she was cos i ain't no samson, adam... etc
lols. . .smart babe, but bro are you sure she aint looking for something more than that e.g r/ship, bst of friends. Probably she picked your swag. . .just saying
grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 6:49am On May 17, 2015
ronald4lif:

lols. . .that one no be problem, though i fit eventually follow her talk
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 6:53am On May 17, 2015
henribj:

well said man, I couldn't have said it better.
some dulling guys out there are the ones causing problems for other guys.
a girl likes you, gives you and shows you all the signs, and yet you are still waiting for her to open her mouth and say "pls be my boyfriend". some guys sef ehn, maybe next life them suppose born them as females make them see as e dey be.
ha bros no be like so na, all am saying is what's wrong in striking a convo with the guy or just talking to him self. I believe the guy should be smart enough to ask her to be his gf and not vice versa

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 6:58am On May 17, 2015
DonX001:

Guy, you're just one liverless puppy.
Stay there and be exchanging glances with her and wishing she'll come and ask you out........i dont know if you're a guy or a girl in a guy's body.

If you,even as a guy cannot walk up to a girl to initiate some small talk, how would you have been able to do it if God had made you a girl?? And you're now blaming girls for not coming out to talk to you, something you can't even do yourself.

Better grow some balls and go talk to the babe, if not, Vaseline will continue to be your partner.
Before you know it, some sharper guy will just come and kolobi the babe, while you'll still be sitting down there exchanging glances.

bros, if you know me then you'll know am never the shy type, i can walk up to any girl and talk to her, i just wanted to ask the girls and hear from the guys what they feel about the situation. Ma binu cos e be lyk say ur blood don dey boil
grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by Nobody: 8:14am On May 17, 2015
SexyNairalander:
lols. . .smart babe, but bro are you sure she aint looking for something more than that e.g r/ship, bst of friends. Probably she picked your swag. . .just saying
grin
though she is beautiful and curvy no doubt, but her motives were dead on arrival cos i could perceive her intentions... ain't carried away by act of pretence no matter who's involved!
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 8:40am On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
though she is beautiful and curvy no doubt, but her motives were dead on arrival cos i could perceive her intentions... ain't carried away by act of pretence no matter who's involved!
lols. . .you sha no wan gree xa she pure
grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by henribj(m): 1:01pm On May 17, 2015
SexyNairalander:
ha bros no be like so na, all am saying is what's wrong in striking a convo with the guy or just talking to him self. I believe the guy should be smart enough to ask her to be his gf and not vice versa

Alright, that being the case, a woman who has a crush on you and is not able to walk up to you and say hi is not a matured woman, remember that age has nothing to do with maturity. A matured woman knows there are so many lines to use on a man depending on where you both are at that point in time to make him start a conversation with her.
For instance, the woman meets the guy in a party or club, and she finds the man attractive, she could walk up to him and say "Hi, could you buy me/get me a bottle of drink?. If it's in the library she can say "Hi, I am interested in so so book, I wonder if you have ever read it or come across it, I wonder where I can get it from". etc, the lines are plenty and it will always work on guys cos most guys are always wanting to talk with a woman as long as she is cute and have assets. But unfortunately this won't work for most guys if they try to apply it cos most gurls are not looking to talk to men except they have already been crushing on you before you approached them.
The long and short of this is that any woman who has a crush on a man and can't even give him the basic green light or walk up to him to say Hi is on her own.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by Missonas(f): 1:10pm On May 17, 2015
SexyNairalander:
i just wish she can do that. . .sometime last month a girl told me to my face that she likes me, i was really happy and till date am very close to her, i treat her like a queen, listen to her problems [/b]but i can't date her[b] reasons best known to me sha

So u friendzoned her
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 2:13pm On May 17, 2015
Missonas:

So u friendzoned her
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 2:19pm On May 17, 2015
henribj:

Alright, that being the case, a woman who has a crush on you and is not able to walk up to you and say hi is not a matured woman, remember that age has nothing to do with maturity. A matured woman knows there are so many lines to use on a man depending on where you both are at that point in time to make him start a conversation with her.
For instance, the woman meets the guy in a party or club, and she finds the man attractive, she could walk up to him and say "Hi, could you buy me/get me a bottle of drink?. If it's in the library she can say "Hi, I am interested in so so book, I wonder if you have ever read it or come across it, I wonder where I can get it from". etc, the lines are plenty and it will always work on guys cos most guys are always wanting to talk with a woman as long as she is cute and have assets. But unfortunately this won't work for most guys if they try to apply it cos most gurls are not looking to talk to men except they have already been crushing on you before you approached them.
The long and short of this is that any woman who has a crush on a man and can't even give him the basic green light or walk up to him to say Hi is on her own.
nice write up bro, am happy you finally understood where am driving at. . .i believe girls outside africa are already bold enough to meet a guy they like and tell them though not all, but our own naija girls sees it as an abomination
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by henribj(m): 7:21pm On May 17, 2015
SexyNairalander:
nice write up bro, am happy you finally understood where am driving at. . .i believe girls outside africa are already bold enough to meet a guy they like and tell them though not all, but our own naija girls sees it as an abomination

to some extent I would say do not blame the naija gurls, rather blame it on the culture in naija which inhibits females from doing such, but to a greater extent I would say blame the naija gurls cos naija culture no longer has a place in the life of naija women. what I am trying to say is this, if a naija gurl can borrow all the fashion ideas of the advanced countries and other such stuffs from them, then why can't they also borrow the nature of the gurls in advanced countries by walking up to a guy you like and introducing yourself?
but anyways, thats their own business, na them life.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by SexyNairalander: 8:16pm On May 17, 2015
henribj:

to some extent I would say do not blame the naija gurls, rather blame it on the culture in naija which inhibits females from doing such, but to a greater extent I would say blame the naija gurls cos naija culture no longer has a place in the life of naija women. what I am trying to say is this, if a naija gurl can borrow all the fashion ideas of the advanced countries and other such stuffs from them, then why can't they also borrow the nature of the gurls in advanced countries by walking up to a guy you like and introducing yourself?
but anyways, thats their own business, na them life.
abi, i like you already. . .you always have something cool to say, as for our naija girls their mata tire gan. . .most times they play very hard to get until the guy is tired and eventually gives up. . .anyways it should be a topic for another trend.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by henribj(m): 10:20pm On May 17, 2015
SexyNairalander:
abi, i like you already. . .you always have something cool to say, as for our naija girls their mata tire gan. . .most times they play very hard to get until the guy is tired and eventually gives up. . .anyways it should be a topic for another trend.

hahaha abi o, topic for another thread.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by sinizia: 11:09pm On May 17, 2015
There's nothing wrong with a girl approaching a guy first and opening up to him. But if i was a girl in Nigeria especially, i'll never try it. I can only give you green light or some signs, if you don't acknowledge it, i move.
Re: Ladies, Whats Wrong In Approaching A Guy You Like And Telling Him? by henribj(m): 11:27pm On May 17, 2015
are you a girl?
if yes, what is your current location??

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Ladies With Big Cleavage / Reasons Why Girls Don't Usually Initiate Chats With Guys. / Why So Many Ladies Still Remain Single Out Of Ignorance!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.