Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,270 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. (63305 Views)

El-rufai Must Produce Herdsmen He Paid To Stop Killing Christians –  suleman / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage By Dr. D.k. Olukoya / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by peedeeasobie(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2015
manuelpepper:
haha.....the same bible also said ''if we say we have no, we make ourself a liar and the truth is not found in us''.

Watch and pray mr man....dont forget to confess ur sin each passing day, u may have unknowingly sin, lest you miss heaven as i have pointed out before.

Mr. Man, I didn't say I don't sin, I said I believe in jesus!
God said 'their sins and iniquities I will remember no more'.
Jesus has washed all my sins, past, present and future!

Jesus is the complete payment for my sins!
If an innocent man, Jesus was made sin then a sinner, me has been made righteousness!

I will not and cannot go to hell! Jesus went to hell on my behalf!
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by trytim100(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2015
engineerboat:

Do your research very well before spewing trash on the internet my Friend
so what are u saying? is it not real?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by dollarlander: 1:45pm On May 17, 2015
Billyonaire:
People still go to church in 21st century ? Even with over 5 Preaching and Gospel channels on DSTV and other satellite TV ?

Do not forsake the assembly of the brethren.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by LuckyLadolce(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2015
baybeeboi:

gimme one place in the Bible where God called himself the God of confusion.
And gimme in BOLD where it was written in my comment that... "Christianity and their God of confusion" direct ur comment to the proper person hun!
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 17, 2015
adeomos:

But what of situation where the two party understand their differences
Then they should go ahead. It starts with the individuals.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 1:48pm On May 17, 2015
lungtruth:
[color=#006600][/color]

grin bros no be small thing ooo, nothing man no go see for obodo 9ja, God dey

Yes o...no shaking. grin
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Blackfire(m): 1:51pm On May 17, 2015
Ancientx:

You are the one confuse bro if you depend on the media for your sources.. I am not claiming there are no differences or rivalry but answer this question yourself.. Do they both practice the 5 pillars of islam?.. Interpretation and school of thoughts are a different ball game entirely.

Salam.

the rift btw shia and sunni is like an atlantic ocean. There ashada is differnt,a sunni wont hesitate to kill a shia,sufi or baha,even the shia believe that angel jubril was suppose to give ali the koran(recitation) not muhamed.
Should i go on...
Religion is a disease
shalom
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by 9jatatafo(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2015
Marry for love and not for religion. We Africans tend to know the Bible more than the white people and in the real sense we are the otondos. Which church Adam and Eve attend?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by trapQ: 1:55pm On May 17, 2015
What trash If you are not sensible enough to comprehend the writer , then you might as well shut up.

The writer is right in every way .An uncle of mine who attends "CHURCH OF JESUS OF THE LATTER DAY SAINTS" frustrated the hell out of his sister in law that lived with him. The girl was gonna marry a guy( strong christian) from a Pentecostal Church but my senseless uncle objected to the marriage for years saying that she would only marry from the church. What a barbaric statement. Now the church was also a very scarce church with only about 4 branches in PH with few members. So how the hell was she supposed to find an eligible bachelor from the said church.

Anyways thank God she wisened up by marrying the guy else he would have left like all the other previous suitors.

You shallow mentality is alarming
engineerboat:

Do your research very well before spewing trash on the internet my Friend
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 17, 2015
There is no DIFFERENCE between NOWADAYS PASTORS and DON JAZZY
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by babzlim(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2015
I guess they are scared of losing their key members. Church is now about population not faith.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Labayi96(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2015
I think u should do more research on jehovah's witness cos i think it is a matter of choice among its member 4rm what i know they do not have any punitive measure 4 marry outside thier faith provided it is legal and there is no pregnancy outside wedlock i know of a frnd dat is married 2 a muslim & she stil attend he Jehovah witness activities even with her children!
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Lovine: 2:01pm On May 17, 2015
The churches that does that does not belong to Christ but to MAN

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by trapQ: 2:01pm On May 17, 2015
GOD BLESS YOU
BLESS ALL YOUR FAMILY
BLESS YOUR CHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN
MAKE YOU PROSPER

your reply is the same thing that God would have said. And this shows that Gods love abounds in your heart.

One love bro
roqchiq:
Note:The word "Church" here refers to all who believe in God Almighty, and not any particular domination or even religion!(Believing in Christ is believing in Love)

Its sad that the church has completely forgotten/lost the mandate given to her by Christ, to love, just as God is Love. That's the simple message, all the commandments summarised in that one word. Love God, Love your neighbour, Love yourself.

How do you love God? I don't think its by giving him all your money, through tithe or offering, or making the biggest donation in church. Remember Matt25:40-45?? Whatsoever you do to others, thats what you do to God, and it goes further, to the promise of "entering into the house of The Father". Where else has such promise been made?? Where in the bible does it say, give the church money or attend all the church activities, and I promise you heaven on the last day.
Before some of you start ranting, I didn't say, the bible didn't mention paying tithe or such, yes it did! But it was not given as a singular requirement to be welcomed into heaven.

That is why I believe that our forefathers who lived a love-inspired life, are saved, despite having lived before the human coming of Christ. Don't forget that Christ has been since the beginning Gen1:1. Christ is Love.

Love your neighbours. The church has abandoned the teaching of love, focusing on worldliness, holding on to some traditions, adopting some modern fads, dictating guidelines, persecuting "unbelievers", shunning fellow human beings, trying to fit in with the world......all these and more, while not necessarily bad practice, has however clouded the Church's mind to the detriment of Love. We have become so focused, on identifying who is doing what in the wrong way, on acting as judge,jury and even jailer to those who we tag wrong/ungodly, we have forgotten that love is not just about giving a beggar #20 or #2000, but also about not hiking the prices of your goods astronomically. Its not just about, getting up for the pregnant woman in a bus, but also about not gossiping about the 18yr old girl who is pregnant in her father's house. Its not just about going very early to church and sweeping and cleaning the church, but also about not praying for the death of those you perceive are your enemies. Its not just about being nice to your village sister/brother, but also being nice to that random person who has no connection to you. Its not just about being generous to your friends or colleagues, but extend that generosity to that person who may never be able to pay you back. Its not just about helping your neighbour so that when your turn comes they might also help you, but also by helping someone who in a million years can never help you in any way.

As the Catholic Church celebrates Pentecost next Sunday, Let us (ALL PEOPLE) all pray that the Holy Ghost will descend anew on the "Church", and rekindle the fire of love in all our hearts, so that in all we do, we would abandon discrimination of any kind and apply God's love.Amen.

p.s;using a phone, so please pardon typos nd errors!!
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by todayguest(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
That is why we keep saying...islam is the way
what nonsense way, are you talking about? You think, things like these don't happen in Islam? My friend and colleague, couldn't marry the love-of-his-life because, they're of different sect. The girl's father, vowed that, he can't give his daughters in marriage to a non Izala muslim, and he kept his word till today.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by blackboy(m): 2:04pm On May 17, 2015
Did you just read what you typed. You said that it was ANNOUNCED in the church that soso was to marry so so so of another church and that led to people talking.

If the church was against it , it would not be announced in the church.

Even in an office if people see someone's wedding IV or announcement people will talk. It's normal or are you advocating zombies in church that the members should just keep mute and look hypnotised just because they are in church.

Was there a riot after the announcement or protest?

If you just want to criticize churches or a particular church be careful. There are a million and one fishes out there and if there is love between the 2 people no church no religion no family no institution can stop them from getting married once they are determined.

There are over 100 Jehovah witnesses and even Deeper Life people that have married people outside their church though it might not be a norm.

Even there are even muslims that marry christians. There is nothing new, though it might not be the practice to marry outside their denomination but it does happen and will continue to happen. It's life.

It's just like white marrying black , yoruba marrying igbo etc

If you are not ready to marry dont come here to start whining cause no church can stop you from marrying whoever you want to marry if you both truly love each other.

Don't look for who to blame.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by meforyou1(m): 2:04pm On May 17, 2015
baybeeboi:

as in like the god of Boko Haram is the way?
And alqueda and ISIS and checheyen terrorists
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 2:06pm On May 17, 2015
adeomos:
I am in this kind of situation she is a jw, have decide not to pursue any more after 6 years of dating, it just the real love I have for her and I hope I can love someone else sincerely if it does not work out

@bolded.....6years of ur life ? undecided
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Kaykaymil(m): 2:06pm On May 17, 2015
This is the devils plan under one voice they would be strong divide them into fragments so they are confused. Perfect senerio is looking at the catholic church as an original document that has been photocopied so many times and the print cannot be seen anymoranymore. Most of these pastors breakup to form their own churches out of greed.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by meforyou1(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2015
Labayi96:
I think u should do more research on jehovah's witness cos i think it is a matter of choice among its member 4rm what i know they do not have any punitive measure 4 marry outside thier faith provided it is legal and there is no pregnancy outside wedlock i know of a frnd dat is married 2 a muslim & she stil attend he Jehovah witness activities even with her children!
I don't believe u at all.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 17, 2015
Right from chidhood,I never liked attending church. My parents use to spank me and force me to attend. Anytime I'm in church,I would either dose away or walk out of the building. My mother complained to everyone that cared to listen,but that didn't change my mind. But it doesn't make me a devil nor an evil person,neither does it make me not believe in God. To make it worse I got married to someone like me too who isn't crazy about church or any other kind of religion.even though we're both from Christian/catholic backgrounds. The idea of churches trying to keep their members from marring from other churches or "porting" to another church is selfish because we're supposed to be one under God. These are some of the reasons that put me off from our Nigerian church. One of the churches I feel very alive in is Daystar Christian center. I don't feel bored at all,in less than 2hrs,service is over,another one starts immediately. No pastor or "prophet can decisive nor push me around. I have my bible and I read sometimes.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2015
gagewonda:
Who haven't dated a Jehovahs witness babe will nt truly feel d pain. Myn was pain to d 3rd degree. Had to let go of my last relationship cos she was JW. We loved eachoda madly bt den she got reprooved(suspended) cos of me nd risked disfellowshiped. Her elders were against me den came her family too. Guys I had to let go cos I cldnt act nollywood movie. So sad nd I tot we r all one body in christ smh

Eeyaaah...pele. cry
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Labayi96(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2015
meforyou1:
I don't believe u at all.
d lady is in kano & she is my wife 4 15yrs meanwhile they also have fanatics among them like any other religious group u can think of
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by gud4dbest(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
That is why we keep saying...islam is the way
u av notin to say...
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by kelvyn7: 2:14pm On May 17, 2015
chuna1985:

which one be Bible believing church??
u can marry anyone u like, u can marry a chief priestess if that's ur choice.
The church has no right to decide for anyone.
dats for u ooo grin
the bible encourages us to marry from d same faith.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 2:15pm On May 17, 2015
Dollyak:

Why did you find your way to my profile? Hypocrites.

Why or how ? Well, I think he was checking u out. wink
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by kelvyn7: 2:16pm On May 17, 2015
femi4:
Is JW among the bolded? The answer is obvious

well, dats another matter bro grin

I can't marry a JW

our blivs differ too much.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by streetzdreamz(m): 2:17pm On May 17, 2015
buskie13:
so true op....Deeper Life calls other Pentecostal n non Pentecostal fellowship unbelievers... not right
yea right,deeper life calls other fellowship unbelievers cuz dey r d only bible believing church on earth,all oda churches are hell bound!who feeds you guys dis sh*ts? D church has ts doctrines same way oda churches do,but it doesn't force its teachings down d throat of its members,yes d church wouldn't conduct a marriage ceremony for a member and a non-member but it wouldn't tell u nt to go ahead and get married elsewhere if dts ur own choice,its like a couple with AA and AS genotypes respectively,d doctor will only advice against dia union he won't impose his will on dem,d choice is nw left for dem to make,same goes for d church, y'al should make ur findings before spewing rubbish.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by stagger: 2:18pm On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

Why on earth will a Pentecostal Church not let its members to marry a Catholic person. The moment a wedding announcement is made in the church and one of the member is from a different church denomination, you start hearing murmuring going on. Seriously this rubbish has got to stop.

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

In the book of 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Romans 12:5, the bible talked about we being the body of Christ. So it is an error for any pastor to tell any member of his denomination not to marry an outsider. We must put an end to this madness for there is no where in the bible that says a person cannot marry outside his or her church. The bible never talked about denomination, the bible only talked about the church as the body of Christ.

And to you out there that wants to get married and you are letting this issue of church stop you, I sorry for you because you be original mumu.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

So dear pastors make una talk the one una see.

VOM

Spiritual compatibility is a big issue in marriage. I know you are not married else you would not have written this piece from a myopic point of view. Those of us who have been in the game for at least 10 years can tell you better.

2 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 2:19pm On May 17, 2015
Missmossy:
The comments here though grin grin hmmm it is well. Everything in life is simply a matter of choice,even in marriage and deciding to marry from any denomination.

Nice shirt. wink
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Vikkie14: 2:22pm On May 17, 2015
What or Who is the church of GOD? Is it every attendant in the church? Are you saying a born again in a particular chur should go and marry a not born again sinner in another church in the name unity of christianity? Are u saying sheep should marry goat? Or that light & darkness should unite together? 2Cor.6:14-18. Are you saying all assemblies are bible believing,practicing & bible based assemblies? You are saying that people purchased by the blood of Jesus should still join themselves with ritual& occultic church? Your mistake is that 1. You fail to define between a Christian &none- christian even in the same Church. 2. You are fighting for the unity of every gathering of people that has named themselves with Christ. 3. It shows that you dont know the type of the church Christ is building. Even in the same church member cannot just marry each other. There must be assurance of salvation of both. Also evidence of God's leading to both. Please, My plea to you is that you shouldn't mislead people to do againt the plan of GOD. Build along with God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.