Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. (63247 Views)

El-rufai Must Produce Herdsmen He Paid To Stop Killing Christians –  suleman / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage By Dr. D.k. Olukoya / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by annice2014: 1:08pm On May 17, 2015
buskie13:
no ooo...deeper life doesn't give their ladies out to other denominations... by the way...which denomination u from??
but their men do marry from other denominations. As 4 my deno, it's a no go area
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by fyneboi79(m): 1:09pm On May 17, 2015
ladyteska:
near truth.....FTC Wooooooooow!!!
Your signature says, Beautiful,Independent,Intelligent. And all you can comment in a sensitive topic as this is wooow!!
You must be a real dumb a55 grin

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by deltateam: 1:09pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
That is why we keep saying...islam is the way

You mean Boko Haram is the way? Sorry..
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Edusouls(m): 1:11pm On May 17, 2015
black man,black heart,black deeds,black ways, a race that choose the very unrighteous ways of life,greedy,very selfish, love lies a lot,and hate truth, thats why we are neglected by other races and constantly punished by nature..because all of our ways are wicked, leaders wicked, parents wicked, lecturers wicked,students wicked, goverment wicked, even clergies and man of God wicked..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:18pm On May 17, 2015
Merlissa:
True talk bro!

That's why am doing a roof top wedding... make no pastor tell me say xyz cuz I go give am abc!!!
u funny I swear, hahhhhhhhhhhhhhaa,xyz,ABC
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 1:21pm On May 17, 2015
lorddubic:
Vacancy:

My company is recruiting, fellow nairalanders:

Interview is scheduled this week. Please prepare well ooo before Coming.. Those guys will drain U with questions.

The position: Admin Officer
Requirements: OND in business related course.

Make sure U know how to use computer well. I can't give further info abt ds
Forward CV: alphaviewg@gmail.com

Interview dis week? undecided Ppl no dey apply for jobs @ur workplace ni?

And why gmail address & not company email address or company name & contact details?

Are u d recruiting officer?

Mmmmm... I SMELL FISH !!!
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
see this guy.

By the way...i caused a nairalander to close his account. His name is rexxie. He kept on insulting me..and i gave him his name, age and place of work....the guy closed his NL account immediately... Hahahahah
Why should you do that? If the guy had reported to the admin you would have been banned permanently. You have no right to disclose someone's personal information even if he insulted you.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by tranxo(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2015
Dollyak:

Why did you find your way to my profile? Hypocrites.
I guess you have been to mine and lacked the words to say anything about my picture. Hypocrite? Lol. Between the two of us, it is clear who is. You need help.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by donbenie(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2015
cirmuell:
which version of it? cool #morning
Hehehehe,the version where the Sunni and Shia are persecuting and murdering each other all over the Middle East..
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Ancientx(m): 1:25pm On May 17, 2015
omooba969:

@lucky,

You are the misleading LIAR cos the rivalry btw sunni&shia is shocking. If u r well informed of wot happens outside 9ja( in d muslim world ) then u will knw dat BOKO menace is only a storm in a tea cup. Plz be well informed abt world news & cut down on watching Africa Magic & Channels Tv.

Gud day to u.

You are the one confuse bro if you depend on the media for your sources.. I am not claiming there are no differences or rivalry but answer this question yourself.. Do they both practice the 5 pillars of islam?.. Interpretation and school of thoughts are a different ball game entirely.

Salam.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by egopersonified(f): 1:25pm On May 17, 2015
So many doctrines that are supposed to lead us through the right path would eventually be the deal breaker on that final day.

I got the shocker of my life today when it was announced that anyone with their tithe should come to the altar to give it before the general offering, this is a church I have being going to for the past five years, though different branches as we relocated. I can't describe how I felt and why I felt that way, but I was the first person out of the church when we closed.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by ikorodureporta: 1:26pm On May 17, 2015
Cultists fightin for dominance grin
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 17, 2015
Ontarget:

Why should you do that? If the guy had reported to the admin you would have been banned permanently. You have no right to disclose someone's personal information even if he insulted you.
did i mention his full name...and besides..i said it in a way that only him could decode. Even if you had read it, you wouldn't have realised i was dishing the guys info
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 17, 2015
Sometimes really, it's not a matter of 'what', it's a matter of 'why'.

On the face of it, the slant of some churches against cross-denominational marriages may come across as unreasonable and unscriptural. if you asked questions and looked deeper though, you'd see it's for our own good.

Most denominations have certain doctrines and practices others may not agree with, and I simply simply see little sense in getting married to someone who doesn't align with you on fundamental faith and/or belief related issues. Amos 3 v 3 says "Can two walk together except they agree?".

Now, imagine that a catholic man gets married to a penticostal woman, and a day after marriage, man starts prayer with, "Hail Mary, pray for us", whilst the woman cuts in immediately and says "Honey, Jesus would do the advocating on our behalf". That day would mark the first among several fights that would result from that core difference between them.What's more, it will repeat itself as many times as that couple tries to pray together, till they both decide to stop praying together, or one of them decides to give in, despite the resentment that may start festering in their hearts. That is not the way to be married, abeg.

I get the place of compromising to encourage the oneness in marriage.However, if you have to change the core of your faith related beliefs or even your faith to something you do not believe in, for the sheer reason of syncing yourself with another person, so you both can married or staying married, then I don't know.

To prevent such snafus, simply to get married to someone whose original beliefs align with your, and you'll most likely find that in someone from your denomination.

At the end of the day, most Pastors who fight against such marriages have seen ahead of us, and are only trying to protect us. Meanwhile, we hear no one, see no one, once cupid has given us a shot of his wine.

2 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2015
lungtruth:
[color=#006600][/color]

Thank you dear, wisdom is profitable to direct, you've make my day. There is no iota of love again among Christian, those who are privilege to preach love have deviate from what God Almighty whose name is "LOVE" send them to preach, thereby pursuing worldly things which are not biblical. I always thank God that in every 10million population, 100 thousand stand out to speak the truth. Ride on and happy sunday.

Guy dis ur statistics na direct frm heaven o. grin
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
see this guy.

By the way...i caused a nairalander to close his account. His name is rexxie. He kept on insulting me..and i gave him his name, age and place of work....the guy closed his NL account immediately... Hahahahah

My guy keep calm & stop acting like a bumbum...Tell me my age,name & where i live as well
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Caliph69: 1:31pm On May 17, 2015
Na so the pastor for the church weh I attend today yan say I suppose tell am first before even telling the girl my intentions. For my mind I be like if I hear. No be only that. I go come deh seek your permission anytime weh I wan eff am.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Blackfire(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2015
engineerboat:

Do your research very well before spewing trash on the internet my Friend

just shut your mouth 'friend', deeper life is one of the worst.
And men u dont wanna hear me spill the beans.
Religion is a worst than disease
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 17, 2015
jcmaiah:
you no go understand! Imagine marrying a deeper life girl and forcing her to fix weavon! What do you think will happen when she refuse? That's y some people preach against marrying from a church that has an abstract believe because it could raise issues in the family.
For instance, I don't believe in using any form of image for worship because i think its against the will of God. What do you think will happen if I marry a catholic who doesn't share the same belief? Force her to stop using images of Mary? Nah! she will tag me a devil, and that would not be good for our marriage.
So the least one could do is marry where the doctrine supports what you believe.

Someone that understands.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by yehmi01(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
That is why we keep saying...islam is the way

Please if you don't have any thing sensible to say besides the trash you just said please keep shut.

So because of this now all of a sudden you have mouth to call the religion from H*LL the way.

oga park well jor.

I can tell you 1million reason why Islam is nothing close to any way except the way to Hell.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by sochima1989(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2015
engineerboat:

Do your research very well before spewing trash on the internet my Friend
he said d truth with a very wide margin of fact...........
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by lungtruth(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
omooba969:

Guy dis ur statistics na direct frm heaven o. grin

grin bros no be small thing ooo, nothing man no go see for obodo 9ja, God dey
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 17, 2015
sauceny:

My guy keep calm & stop acting like a bumbum...Tell me my age,name & where i live as well
lol..after the insult?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by sochima1989(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
see this guy.

so u mean say make we no dey quote u? If ifa hear
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2015
Ancientx:

You are the one confuse bro if you depend on the media for your sources.. I am not claiming there are no differences or rivalry but answer this question yourself.. Do they both practice the 5 pillars of islam?.. Interpretation and school of thoughts are a different ball game entirely.

Salam.

@bolded, So wotz ur argument since u av contradicted ursef.

Another deluded noise maker. cheesy

I think a trip to ur imam( if he's courageous enuf to reveal d truth ) will convince u, rectify ur views & ur thinking process.

True..world press might be bias but equally I perceive dat u av chosen to shy away frm d truth dat ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT ONE !

Ur argument has no merits !

Enjoy d illusions ! grin
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

Why on earth will a Pentecostal Church not let its members to marry a Catholic person. The moment a wedding announcement is made in the church and one of the member is from a different church denomination, you start hearing murmuring going on. Seriously this rubbish has got to stop.

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

In the book of 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Romans 12:5, the bible talked about we being the body of Christ. So it is an error for any pastor to tell any member of his denomination not to marry an outsider. We must put an end to this madness for there is no where in the bible that says a person cannot marry outside his or her church. The bible never talked about denomination, the bible only talked about the church as the body of Christ.

And to you out there that wants to get married and you are letting this issue of church stop you, I sorry for you because you be original mumu.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

So dear pastors make una talk the one una see.

VOM

You seem not to have point. Have you ever find yourself in such situation or you're just blabbering on what some of your unserious friends once tell you. The fact is that you want to marry from a church that is not your church, courtesy demands that you're call into such church and you'll be interviewed. Every organization has it own way of operation. So also each church want to protect what they teach and believe. It is only in a situation where you do not have the same believe with their church that they will deny you of marrying from their church.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by sochima1989(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Christians and their God of confusion.
. If only u are truly d son of lucifer.........this won't be ur comment......cos ur master knows better
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by michealade(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2015
its very common in deeper life[b][/b]
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by LuckyLadolce(m): 1:41pm On May 17, 2015
omooba969:

@lucky,

You are the misleading LIAR cos the rivalry btw sunni&shia is shocking. If u r well informed of wot happens outside 9ja( in d muslim world ) then u will knw dat BOKO menace is only a storm in a tea cup. Plz be well informed abt world news & cut down on watching Africa Magic & Channels Tv.

Gud day to u.
World news listener, congrats. Can u pls give me an instance of a war between sunni and shia. Shior!! America is misleading all of u. Don't come here and tell me what I know. I am practicing muslim, I know what's happening in the muslim world. Dnt be in Christianity and start telling me abt islam cos u know nothing abt it. How well informed are you? As if u know all!
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by michealade(m): 1:42pm On May 17, 2015
SOUNDKING:
no, remove that prefix ''near''. It is the truth,me as a penticostal sees that thing as a complete siit,i will mary based on where my love falls even irespective of the religion not to talk of a particular sect,no be must say i must marry a sister from my church,in my current church,the sister wey fit catch my heart never beging church there.
lol
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Kegite(m): 1:44pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
see this guy.

Now, I challenge you to tell me my name, age, place of work & country of residence.
If you can't do so.
Then. Fucckk You
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 17, 2015
Gaborone:

Someone that understands.
very well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.