Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter (70725 Views)

Photo Of Wike's "Special" Handshake Surfaces After Accusing Amaechi Of Cultism / 8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / Adams Oshiomhole's Handshake With Elizabeth Ativie (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by wtfCode: 10:42pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
The poster above ^^^ is a fool!

If you post below me, you are a goat!

And if you quote me, i will kill you!
mehn, i dont know where in the jungle u came out from but u're the most stewpeed person i've came across on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by SenorMcSlyl(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2015
The worst & most debilitating disease is the disease of the mind,it's a shame these guys are chronically deluded,argueing with them is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Eluwilussit(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2015
tucky200:

Am very sure ur body is paining u

Badly! Lol.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by JoBabs(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
GMB is the President-elect of Nigeria and not the President of the Muslims ...I see no reason why he can't shake hands with the opposite sex.

God bless ur wisdom, knowledge and understanding... We share same spirit, u posted exactly Wђã† I had in mind †o post on †he 19th page of †his page, but I thank God urs made FP.... Congrats....
One question pls, how do u make †his FP sef?
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by iconize(m): 10:48pm On May 17, 2015
Bimpe29:

[s]You are daft and suffering from serious mental illness. Kindly help yourself by visiting a good
psychiatric hospital to avoid a relapse. Don't waste your time replying me, as I don't have time joining
issue with sick people like you. Do what I say is for your own good. Mental illness is killing.[/s]

Another incestuous, sewage-inhaling, moronic person that probably sleeps with his dirty hijab-wearing momma and siblings, but won't shake hands with his female employer.

You're the epitome of mental illness.

But today, I'll cure yo' Muhammed influenced madness, and leave you dazzed like a wrestler - if you don't fck off my mentions. undecided undecided
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by An2elect2(f): 10:48pm On May 17, 2015
JoeCutie:
Don't let them Muslims catch you oh. They don't joke with anything pertaining to their religion oh. smiley

Lol they have no power to hurt me sweetie smiley
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Dubemkelly(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2015
bogolobango:
Shaking a lady islamically its a sin, but at the same its not. according to your role in the society GMB is a president to be and he has no choice. some people will come here to critisize what is not as if allah is sango, ogun, or obatala. note this is 20th century everything has changed and people wont be able to praticalize islam or other religion the same way in 1890

Guy, 20th century bawo? You going backwards or forward ni? Na 21st century we dey ni oo
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 17, 2015
It is a muslim matter, so it doesn't concern me.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by MayorofLagos(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2015
Islam encourages and in fact calls for men to pay courtesy and respect to the opposite sex.

As can be seen in the picture, Mrs Oshiomhole is courtesying to the President - Elect . In return he's equally paying courtesy to her.

Buhari has not done anything in vuolation of the tenets of Islam.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by theSpark(m): 10:52pm On May 17, 2015
*throws flash bang into the thread and...*
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by dsul: 10:53pm On May 17, 2015
Y is it that some muslims are still myopic in there reasoning? What is wrong with the hand shake? Some muslims can't even read the quran and they will be running there mouth like river benue. Goats
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Ancientx(m): 10:53pm On May 17, 2015
lastpage:

So, you are now more "Islamic" than the King of Mecca!

See fanaticism on a "Nigerian levels"! grin grin

Lastpage!

I thought by now religious figures dont represent the whole religion.. Just like i cant judge the christian with what goes on in the Vatican or among religious leaders. That being said i think we should not create more problems for ourselves but that does not negate the fact that its islamically wrong..

My take here is if its Islamically wrong then its wrong regardless whoever is involved.. This is not about judging or condemning its just wrong.

Salam.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by femmy2010(m): 10:53pm On May 17, 2015
He is not a cleric in Iraq but the president - Elect of a secular Nigeria.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by blackandbold: 10:53pm On May 17, 2015
I love this man called GMB..yet some clueless tagged him as islamic extremist.this man has a liberal heart
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by JoeCutie(m): 10:54pm On May 17, 2015
An2elect2:

Lol they have no power to hurt me sweetie smiley
Hmmm, are you sure about that? Have you see that peculiar knife used by Suya sellers? It's real oh. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by 4everGrand(m): 10:54pm On May 17, 2015
This seems to be one of the craziest things I've heard in recent times. The lady wear hood ni, that Buhari cannot shake her?
O pari o.
'Its a sin'.....very laughable.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by onegig(m): 10:57pm On May 17, 2015
Bimpe29:
What is bad has no other name than Bad. Islamically, it is wrong & bad to shake hand with opposite sex, no matter your position/circumstance.
@ramanto

First there is a principle of lesser evil. We have more pressing issues like the deaths of thousands than to occupy ourselves with such miniscule things.

Secondly., for every Hadith that is narrated there are always clearly defined hadiths that either supercede or modify the intentions. Also., things are not by fiat and needs a bit understanding.

Yeah., it is prohibited to shake hands with a non mahram woman but the basis of the Hadith is premised on the fact that "It is prohibited If there is fear of provoking sexual desire or enjoyment on the part of either one of them or if there is fear of temptation". This is based on the general rule that blocking the means to evil is obligatory, especially if its signs are clear.

Was the intent sexual?
Could the handshake had led to something else?

Also, the first Hadith clearly states that all actions are judged by ones intentions.

Is Buhari's intention of shaking her hands sexually inclined?
Did he intend to gain any sexual satisfaction from such?

When you answer those questions I hope you would have cleared yourself of such misconceptions. You and the others shouting on top of your voice would do well to tell Muslim Senators to veto the use of proceeds from Alcoholic beverage tax and tax from interest generating ventures like banks from being used to fund the National Budget that Muslims are part of or ensuring equality, ruling with justice and sincerity based on what the Shariah enjoins. Those are more pressing issues than a 72 year old president of a mixed religious Country shaking the hands of a female citizen which we all know was never intimate or sexually inclined.

As for the op. You need serious help. When did some bunch of idle people who do nothing but sit on top looking for what to rant on equate to Muslims speaking?

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by 4everGrand(m): 10:58pm On May 17, 2015
Dubemkelly:

Guy, 20th century bawo? You going backwards or forward ni? Na 21st century we dey ni oo
Why? Are u surprised? Do u know the century they are? That's why as my Father talk say I must show love to all men, I would have them as friends because its not all of them that are hardliners but one should still be careful. See small issue, they can kill because of this o.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 17, 2015
Islamists revealing their hand too early just like president morsi did with the Muslim brotherhood. You guys better pipe low otherwise your only key to a fully Islamized sharia Nigeria will die with BabaOneChance. Remember what happened to Yaradull.. No extremist tinz towelheads
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by superstar1(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2015
How does his shaking women or not, reduce the price of petrol, reduce the exchange rate of naira to dollar, provide employmet for tweeting jobless youths, provide security against insurgency, guarantee good governance, develop our infrastructure and ensure our well being

Some Nigerians could be daft. Leaving issues that affects their lives directly and dwelling on irrelevant hand shake.

You can cut his hand off, if you are pained.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Aderiade(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2015
Beremx:
Nigerians and their hypocrisy! The king of Saudi Arabia is seen in the picture below shaking Mitchell Obama.

What will they say it is,a sin too?

mtscheew!
tnk u jare. Help me remind them dt it's nt gud to criticize wen u dnt really no anytn. Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by 4everGrand(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:

The best in the sight of God is the one that fears Him the most. King Of Saudi is not a benchmark for rating good or bad
I see, its Al Baghdadi that's the benchmark shey? God dey watch all of una.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by TheFilmmaker: 11:01pm On May 17, 2015
Religion will eventually disnitegrate Nigeria.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by byesense: 11:01pm On May 17, 2015
The problem with most muslems is that they beleive more in their religion than they beleive in their God.............To them, Religion has become a deity rather than the way and path to God.....
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Ancientx(m): 11:01pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:

The best in the sight of God is the one that fears Him the most. King Of Saudi is not a benchmark for rating good or bad

Dont mind them.. They keep shouting King of saudi as if hes the king of all muslims.. And you will think most of them are intelligent enough to understand some things are call courtesy. Just like we have in most cultures, courtesy in religion is not left out.. Moreover, nobody is calling for his hands to be cut off whatsoever.. Its just a simple discussion which am sure GMB knows but his position atm might not give him some privileges which is perfectly understandable.. Even a muslim is allowed to eat pork at some circumstances.. But to use the king of saudi as a benchmark is pure ignorance on their part.

Salam.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Obiwannn: 11:03pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
The poster above ^^^ is a fool!

If you post below me, you are a goat!

And if you quote me, i will kill you!

bros, u are a prime example of why internet access should not be given to children
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by 4everGrand(m): 11:04pm On May 17, 2015
tellwisdom:

No, i thought its a hobby, judging from what i see on daily basis. Are you sure its not like a football match to you muslims?? sad
Football match bawo? How can you say that na. Its more like breathing to them. Just watch the news.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by An2elect2(f): 11:10pm On May 17, 2015
JoeCutie:
Hmmm, are you sure about that? Have you see that peculiar knife used by Suya sellers? It's real oh. cheesy

eh eh tell me about it.

Look at you!
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Kingkamal(m): 11:12pm On May 17, 2015
Beremx:
Nigerians and their hypocrisy! The king of Saudi Arabia is seen in the picture below shaking Mitchell Obama.

What will they say it is,a sin too?

mtscheew!
Michelle is not a woman she's a transgendered with manhoo.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by 4everGrand(m): 11:12pm On May 17, 2015
iconize:

Another incestuous, sewage-inhaling, moronic person that probably sleeps with his dirty hijab-wearing momma and siblings, but won't shake hands with his female employer.

You're the epitome of mental illness.

But today, I'll cure yo' Muhammed influenced madness, and leave you dazzed like a wrestler - if you don't fck off my mentions. undecided

Erm bros calm down first. These salvos can render the recipient incapacitated and I dont think u'll like to see that.

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by dsul: 11:13pm On May 17, 2015
Annoying.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by JoeCutie(m): 11:16pm On May 17, 2015
An2elect2:

eh eh tell me about it.

Look at you!
Wait, do you really want me to tell you? For real? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust / SARS Headquarters On Lockdown After Arrest Of Sacked DSS Boss In Abuja. Photos / Governor Yahya Bello With His Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.