Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) (92975 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Arrives Cyprus For A Crusade (Photos) / Prophet Anointed Andrew (SEER 1) Pulled Crowd In Zambian Crusade (Photos) / 'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by italo: 7:14pm On May 19, 2015
EbolaParasite:

As far as I know/have been told, if the guy "former robber/murderer" is really born again and remains that way, he will go to heaven.
Also "they" say you can't make heaven unless you accept Christ which means even if you are the most moral person, kind, gentle, caring, loving, can't hurt a fly kinda person, you won't make heaven unless you accept Christ. That's what I have been told

My question was "who told you?"

It's possible you've been listening to the wrong people.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by ESSIETO(m): 7:14pm On May 19, 2015
NOTIN PAS GOD,
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 19, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Basically if a Boko Haram member that has killed several people repents and genuinely asks for forgiveness, he will make heaven abi?
On the other hand, a common man that has never killed anyone or committed any heinous crime but simply drank beer and had pre-marital sex and died before repenting will go to hell? I am lost.

Tough question....

And I will give you the tough answer.....

We all are sinners....and God regards every sin as equal.So...a little white lie is just as bad as stealing and corruption.(No stealing isn't corruption jokes here please. Thank you.).

(And in my experience I have never met a good and moral person. Even I thought I was one...until I became a Christian.).

But...if we admit that we cannot be good on our own...and ask God for help...he always accepts our request.

That is why the bad guy who committed sins and then repents at the last minute goes to heaven...while the good moral man does not...because good moral man did not see that he does need help to be better than what he is...divine help.The bad guy was humble enough to see that he needed help.

I myself was a good an moral person before I became s Christian...and I became a Christian because I realized that no matter how hard i tried...I could never be good enough to meet God's standard. But happily...God knows that...which is why He sent his son to bridge the gap.

It is a tough answer....sorry about that.

2 Likes

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by nelsonoba: 7:18pm On May 19, 2015
herald9:
[/s]

Bla bla bla bla black
How do you know God has forgiven him?
Because you feel so?

If you learnt that a person that killed your dad and stole your school fees is now a pastor, would you let him lay hands on you?

This is why you need to understand the reason Jesus Christ came to earth to suffer and die. The only reason He did so is to save sinners.

Jesus was INNOCENT & SINLESS, yet God allowed Him to suffer and die in the place of sinners. That is also the same reason why God allows sinners who have committed the most terrible of sins to be forgiven and set free if they choose to repent and ask for forgiveness.

God does not wish for any armed robber, prostitute, killer, fornicator or sinner to go to hell, that is why He made an escape way for ANYONE who believes. that escape is by believing in the payment Jesus made for your sins and accepting Him.

If while Jesus was being crucified, he could look at the armed robber who was also crucified with him on his right side, and say to him "today you will be with me in paradise", then why can't a sinner like Shina Rambo be also forgiven by God?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Caseless: 7:23pm On May 19, 2015
ITbomb:
The guy still dey do hand like say him dey hold gun
grin grin grin
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by africanusvu(m): 7:23pm On May 19, 2015
tchidi:
You see, a witch can kill you and later repent and make heaven! undecided embarassed
Imagine all the lives this man has cut short, but our merciful God still forgave him.
God, you de try o! embarassed embarassed
Bross,can't be too sure he is forgiven,Any sin against God can be forgiven But that against holy spirit can't, also,He can be forgiven if possible only if his repentance is from D hearth,
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EdDave(m): 7:25pm On May 19, 2015
Shina/Rambo was a hardened, unrepentant robber / killer. Both the army and police feared him until his untimely end during IBB 's era.
Anybody bearing that name now is a sorry copycat.
Pastor indeed.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by neonet(m): 7:27pm On May 19, 2015
Click on the link below and add us up on facebook if you want to know more about us:

https://www.facebook.com/emmanuel.onuzurike

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by africanusvu(m): 7:28pm On May 19, 2015
I can only take the repentance of people like this if they Join churches like Deeper life,Lords chosen,and mountain of fire,where materialism and worldly things ar not much. The interest,But for this Private jet churchese,Work done is COS90
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 7:29pm On May 19, 2015
Police nor dey there to catch am so that he go pay the sins he committed abi? This one is not Shina Rambo, making stunt to fool the naïve followers.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by sixtus3606(m): 7:30pm On May 19, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What's the difference anyway? undecided One is armed the other isn't, in fact i advise more armed robbers to turn to pastors. Pastorprenuership is a very lucrative business, there is an enmass poll of gullible people to tap from.

You've just aired my thought!

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 19, 2015
davien:
According to the bible(specifically revelation), those that were killed unjustly cry out to "god" for vengeance, does that mean his won't take place and those lives would get no retribution?

Ultimately this would mean "god" wasn't just as it turned a blind eye to those killed then also decided to render mercy to the killer instead on the account of acknowledging his existence only....

Imagine a human court run in this manner, where your crimes are instantly forgiven if you "honour" the judge,would you find such a system just?

My dear Nigerians wish not to think that they must pay for their crimes, spiritual and physical.
Hence why any talk of the laws of karma is met with stuff resistance.

The Lord in his infinite wisdom has created the laws so perfectly that for every word, thought and action they must return to their point of origin for the circle to.close.
jumping on Sunday screaming jesus is my lord and saviour won't set you free.

Pastor Shina rambling must experience in full the effects of his actions in this life or the next so that he may mature spiritually and recognise the hurt he caused others.

Depending on his spiritual state when the returning karma reaches him his penance might be less sever than his original crimes
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by manosteel(m): 7:31pm On May 19, 2015
Thought he was in Jail, he is still walking freely on Nigerian street?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by G3n3sis: 7:32pm On May 19, 2015
Still looks dangerous to me
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by G3n3sis: 7:32pm On May 19, 2015
Church members beware grin
Just joking smiley
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by onatisi(m): 7:35pm On May 19, 2015
EdDave:
Shina/Rambo was a hardened, unrepentant robber / killer. Both the army and police feared him until his untimely end during IBB 's era.
Anybody bearing that name now is a sorry copycat.
Pastor indeed.
thanks a lot for verifying what I initially said . This so called man parading himself as shina rambo is a copycat . He is selling stories ppl wanna hear and he will be making cool bucks .he is even taking photo shoots and behaving like a film star!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by davien(m): 7:41pm On May 19, 2015
lestat:

My dear Nigerians wish not to think that they must pay for their crimes, spiritual and physical.
Hence why any talk of the laws of karma is met with stuff resistance.

The Lord in his infinite wisdom has created the laws so perfectly that for every word, thought and action they must return to their point of origin for the circle to.close.
jumping on Sunday screaming jesus is my lord and saviour won't set you free.

Pastor Shina rambling must experience in full the effects of his actions in this life or the next so that he may mature spiritually and recognise the hurt he caused others.

Depending on his spiritual state when the returning karma reaches him his penance might be less sever than his original crimes
For your information young man.....karma is not justice....you may like how it sounds that actions in previous lives bear consequences in "the next",but that isn't justice in the sense that in the concept of karma a whole new person is faulted for a supposed previous offense and whatever state one finds him/herself in is his/her karma... ...so in essence the state of going about free for the pastor is and always has been his supposed "karma".... undecided

Note : I don't believe in the concept of karma
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by kellybanks(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2015
good for em o ;Dgood for em o
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by abbey621(m): 7:43pm On May 19, 2015
Are people blind or just plain moronic? A notorious Arm robber, well known for his callous ways and yet easily accepted into a prestigious church such as Redeem. Do we even have a government in this country? What would it cost to locate this guy and deliver justice? People here talking about forgiveness, mercy and other sentimental crap when the real question we should be asking is why/how is this man still roaming freely? Most of you might still be too young to remember the chaos this guy and his crew caused but just a little taste, imagine third mainland bridge as long as it is, now imagine robbers bringing traffic to a stand still and carting away luxury vehicles on a 5 hour operation. No police intervention, many lives lost and so much more. SHAME!
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by doninno(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2015
All things r possible wit Christ Jesus
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 19, 2015
Lawless Nigeria, a failed state indeed. What happened to our judicial system? He should be in prison for his past crimes, no questions asked. Pls don't bring God into it, go and explain your 'God logic' to his victims.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by nnwniger: 7:45pm On May 19, 2015
GLORY BE TO GOD. PLANNING TO ATTEND? JUST KEEP YOUR WALLET AT HOME FOR NOW
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by davien(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2015
nelsonoba:

Let's pretend you've never read about the story of Apostle Paul in the bible, a man who was so notorious for jailing and killing innocent christians until he had an encounter with Jesus Christ while on his way to Damascus to persecute the christians there.

This same man repented and turned away from his sins and later became the greatest Apostle we know of today. He was used by God to do a lot of great things that even people like Apostles Peter and John who were with Jesus as his disciples didn't even accomplish.

Moral: God does not run a democracy where popular opinions determine what is 'right' or not. God killed His own beloved son Jesus on the cross for just one reason - so that sinners can identify with the punishment/death of Jesus and be saved.

The punishment/payment for Shina Rambo's sins have already been taken by Jesus Christ when he died on the cross for all who will choose to believe in Him, and that is why IT WILL BE A MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE FOR GOD TO REFUSE TO FORGIVE HIM THE DAY HE REPENTED AND ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS.

God is a just God, and He will not demand double payment for an offence. Jesus paid for our sins, and that is the ONLY REASON why we don't have to pay for them again IF WE GENUINELY REPENT AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS.

If a man refuses to accept the payment made on his behalf by Jesus Christ on the cross, then that person has to pay for his own sins by himself......and the ultimate place to pay for your sins is in Hell. The sad thing is that if you choose to pay for your sins by yourself in hell, you can never finish paying for it, that is why Jesus said the fire in hell never goes out and those who go there are damned forever.

The choice is simple; take the easy path by accepting Jesus' payment on your behalf, or pay for your sins by yourself. I know Shina Rambo took the easy path.
Spare me the proselytizing, the question is a simple one...
He killed a lot of lives and by your mythology sent them to heaven/hell...
According to revelation those slain unjustly continue to cry out to "god" for retribution...
Now that he has repented of his wrong doings what becomes of those allegedly in heaven begging "god" for retribution in heaven?

Would they be silenced or answered?...would it be just for your supposed just "god" to refuse them of justice?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 19, 2015
He said he pounded a day old baby alive and some deluded Nigerians still said amen to his prayers?

In a sane society, he would be in a secured metal unit but in an insane and deluded country like ours, he isn't just roaming around a free man but also cunning people to sponsor his upkeep.

#madness!

2 Likes

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 19, 2015
It should be"Notorious armed robber turned smart robber"

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by MightySparrow: 7:53pm On May 19, 2015
Obinovictor:
#Singing...Omo nothing wey God no fit do. Omo nothing wey Baba no fit do...

Whether he becomes pastor or not is somehow not my business. Good for him if he is. It won't stop corruption in Nigeria.

Especially, Christian Gog, in some quarters he will simply become a leader of a terrorist group.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by MightySparrow: 7:53pm On May 19, 2015
Obinovictor:
#Singing...Omo nothing wey God no fit do. Omo nothing wey Baba no fit do...

Whether he becomes pastor or not is somehow not my business. Good for him if he is. It won't stop corruption in Nigeria.

Especially, Christian God, in some quarters he will simply become a leader of a terrorist group.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by seunmsg(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2015
tchidi:
You see, a witch can kill you and later repent and make heaven! undecided embarassed
Imagine all the lives this man has cut short, but our merciful God still forgave him.
God, you de try o! embarassed embarassed

According to the christian faith, God can forgive a repentant armed robber who has killed so many people but will burn an unrepentant drunker in a lake of fire forever and ever. Hmmm, so much for fair justice.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Sunshinelady(f): 7:54pm On May 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
My own is, has he been tried for those crimes he committed?

If he did repent let him turn himself over to face charges he violated so that his repentance would be total.
my thoughts exactly
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by ayoelegs: 7:54pm On May 19, 2015
davien:
According to the bible(specifically revelation), those that were killed unjustly cry out to "god" for vengeance, does that mean his won't take place and those lives would get no retribution?

Ultimately this would mean "god" wasn't just as it turned a blind eye to those killed then also decided to render mercy to the killer instead on the account of acknowledging his existence only....

Imagine a human court run in this manner, where your crimes are instantly forgiven if you "honour" the judge,would you find such a system just?

Your knowledge of the nature of God and His redemption is definitely shallow...no offence please
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by favourelisha(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2015
My message for you nairaland guys,suffer not a witch to live.Because satanic business is still on board,pls don't mind the chameleon viper.The so call saul has not been paul.But a business lugard....
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Ninilowo(m): 7:55pm On May 19, 2015
Kayode Williams completed his jail term so this guy should also be prosecuted joor. Otherwise sekau will one day turn to a pastor and go scot free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Where To Get Spiritual Wealth And Become A Multi - Billionaire. Bahuleya Sampat / Jesus Was A Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.