Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nursing Mothers And Intercourse - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nursing Mothers And Intercourse (159967 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by lyriclekidd(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2015
kk
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by KingTom(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2015
nellyme:
A friend of mine just put to bed a bouncing baby boy. I went visiting and we got to discuss a lot of things. She told me a lot of things...(I'm keeping ma mouth shut)....what got me concerned was that she said she had intercourse with the husband cos he insisted. At first I was shock but I feigned ignorant of that...when I left her I got to do a lot of research and decided to share it here cos I think der might be people in similar situation.
Here are some questions I considered:
Is a mother able to have intercourse with her husband while she is still nursing her baby?
What effect does the mother's milk have on the child if she has intercourse while she is breast feeding?
How long should she wait after birth before she can have relations with her husband?
***i also heard somewhere that a woman doesn't dare give milk to her child once she has begun to have sexual relations. If she does it, the child will become sick and even die***
The answer I was able to deduct from my research was : "Yes, a mother is able to have intercourse with her husband while she still nurses her baby, providing they wait for a few weeks after birth until her organs are back to normal."
REASONS:
1. It takes from 4 to 6 weeks after birth for a woman's uterus to return to its normal state. There is a red discharge from the uterus after the baby is born which is called the lochia. It lasts about two weeks and tends to flow most when the mother is nursing her baby. Later the lochia becomes a lighter colour and then it finally stops.
2. The father's sperm cannot enter into the milk and cause the baby to get sick.
MY ADVICE:
The best way a father should show his love to his child is to love the baby's mother. Mothers Please don't abstain from sex totally during breast feeding because it pushes the impatient husbands to infidelity and fathers do not rush your wives, give them time to heal.
CLOSING REMARK:
It is even true that mothers who breast-feed their babies are more interested in returning to active intercourse with their husbands as soon as possible after birth. They want to express the love and gratitude which they have in their hearts for the father of their child.
Cheers!!!
I rest my case
But what do you think
ol
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Beremx(f): 7:27pm On May 23, 2015
There's nothing wrong with a nursing mother having sex. Well it depends if the nursing mother had a CS or normal delivery. For those who had CS,its kinda scary when having intercourse but with time,the nursing mother gets used to it.

Fond.ling and sucking of the brreasts is a No for me during sex. angry
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 23, 2015
No side effect at all...the only thing is she go work tire when kids begin grow. Meanwhile she no use any FAM planning available so she can Satisfy hubby and at the same time avoid been pregnant when she is nursing. ..
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by qualityovenbake(m): 7:27pm On May 23, 2015
There is nothing wrong in having sex with a nursing mother, so far she is your wife oh. You can start having sex with her one month after delivery. Note her body is still fragile as at then, so she has to consent to it..
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by lepasharon(f): 7:29pm On May 23, 2015
''It pushes the impatient husbands to infidelity''....so if men don't have sex they will die huh? Kmt!

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by KegMaZi: 7:31pm On May 23, 2015
nickibarb:
in my own case, i'm 100% ready to get back into full sex mode with the bae, but for some reason, it seems like his libido has dropped drastically since i dropped baby number 2. i know its not my appearance cos i look great, heard it from women and men. even my husband's friends have said how shocked they are that i've had 2 kids, and i've seen my husband secretly enjoying the compliment. flat tummy, back to size 2. so what could be the problem? there's no fear of pregnancy cos i'm on a longterm contraceptive. has anyone else experienced this? new baby is 4 months old, we've had sex 4 times since baby was born. two of these 4 times was initiated by me. prior to the 1st baby, boo was ready to have sex twice a day, and i was ready for him each time. after the 1st baby, it reduced to like 4x a week and i figured we can blame it on the presence of the new baby. after this 2nd baby, its seems like he's just not Hot anymore. i know he's not cheating and my vajayjay is pretty much the same. 2 c/sections

Try talking to him in a non-sexual,non-confrontational setting. Hopefully he would relax and let you know what is bothering him.

3 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by sigidporte(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2015
nellyme:

Just be serious and discuss the topic on board. Make ur input and stop chit chats

Promise you don dey put eye for senior jokes wo..

and like play play, you don grab FP.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Ekenedirichukwu(m): 7:36pm On May 23, 2015
Igwe must hear this!

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by KegMaZi: 7:37pm On May 23, 2015
Sex does not affect the baby. As a married woman,she has to keep both her husband and babies happy. Once the doctor gives a go ahead,they are free to get back to "work". She was first his wife(so she should try to relax and get into the mood before he approaches her)before she became a mother. I advice she gets some lubricant, Durex makes some nice ones. Because the nursing causes some dryness. She can still get pregnant o,so she sould shine her eye n go on a contraceptive. Other than that, everything should be OK.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 7:38pm On May 23, 2015
sigidporte:

Promise you don put eye for senior jokes wo..
Lolzzzz....u don join ni...make ya own input jhoor
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by okiuso(m): 7:39pm On May 23, 2015
there is nothing wrong with that. As long as the woman is hygienically sound and dry.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by medar(m): 7:40pm On May 23, 2015
From what I've noticed, it's not healthy for the nursing mother to be sleeping with other men except the father of her child during the breastfeeding period.

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Royalty01: 7:42pm On May 23, 2015
Discipline and restraint are essential ingredients in successful living. If I am completely abstaining from sex till marriage, why can't I wait for as long as it takes my wife to bounce back to her normal self before firing from all cylinders again. The fear of pushing the man to infidelity shouldn't arise if he fears and reverence God. This ought not to be an issue. Mind the kind of man you marry.

11 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by wilhazcar: 7:43pm On May 23, 2015
nickibarb:
in my own case, i'm 100% ready to get back into full sex mode with the bae, but for some reason, it seems like his libido has dropped drastically since i dropped baby number 2. i know its not my appearance cos i look great, heard it from women and men. even my husband's friends have said how shocked they are that i've had 2 kids, and i've seen my husband secretly enjoying the compliment. flat tummy, back to size 2. so what could be the problem? there's no fear of pregnancy cos i'm on a longterm contraceptive. has anyone else experienced this? new baby is 4 months old, we've had sex 4 times since baby was born. two of these 4 times was initiated by me. prior to the 1st baby, boo was ready to have sex twice a day, and i was ready for him each time. after the 1st baby, it reduced to like 4x a week and i figured we can blame it on the presence of the new baby. after this 2nd baby, its seems like he's just not Hot anymore. i know he's not cheating and my vajayjay is pretty much the same. 2 c/sections

Considering you had 2 c/sections, there are 2 possibilities that come to mind: 1) Husband looks at the abdominal cut/stitches and fears that it may be risky engaging in intensive activity with you, in order to avoid a tear. 2). The abdominal cut/stitch may be a turn-off. Have a heart-to-heart discussion with him. All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 23, 2015
nellyme:
A friend of mine just put to bed a bouncing baby boy. I went visiting and we got to discuss a lot of things. She told me a lot of things...(I'm keeping ma mouth shut)....what got me concerned was that she said she had intercourse with the husband cos he insisted. At first I was shock but I feigned ignorant of that...when I left her I got to do a lot of research and decided to share it here cos I think der might be people in similar situation.
Is a mother able to have intercourse with her husband while she is still nursing her baby?
What effect does the mother's milk have on the child if she has intercourse while she is breast feeding?
How long should she wait after birth before she can have relations with her husband?
***i also heard somewhere that a woman doesn't dare give milk to her child once she has begun to have sexual relations. If she does it, the child will become sick and even die***
The answer I was able to deduct from my research was : "Yes, a mother is able to have intercourse with her husband while she still nurses her baby, providing they wait for a few weeks after birth until her organs are back to normal."
REASONS:
1. It takes from 4 to 6 weeks after birth for a woman's uterus to return to its normal state. There is a red discharge from the uterus after the baby is born which is called the lochia. It lasts about two weeks and tends to flow most when the mother is nursing her baby. Later the lochia becomes a lighter colour and then it finally stops.
2. The father's sperm cannot enter into the milk and cause the baby to get sick.
MY ADVICE:
The best way a father should show his love to his child is to love the baby's mother. Mothers Please don't abstain from sex totally during breast feeding because it pushes the impatient husbands to infidelity and fathers do not rush your wives, give them time to heal.
CLOSING REMARK:
It is even true that mothers who breast-feed their babies are more interested in returning to active intercourse with their husbands as soon as possible after birth. They want to express the love and gratitude which they have in their hearts for the father of their child.
Cheers!!!
I rest my case
But what do you think

All you wrote up there = 100% correct.

When is it safe to have sex after giving birth?

You should wait until any bleeding after the birth (lochia) has stopped, which should be by about three weeks after your baby's birth. This is because the wound left in your uterus (womb) by the placenta coming out is still healing. If you have sex before the bleeding has stopped, you may get an infection.

When will I feel like having sex after the birth?

Everyone is different. There's no norm, or set time, when you should aim to have sex by. The most important thing is to wait until you are physically and emotionally ready.

A small number of couples start having sex within the first month after the birth, but about half wait until at least six weeks, as do most women who have had a tear or episiotomy. By three months, most couples have tried sex again, though some couples prefer to wait until after six months.

If you both feel ready to have sex before your postnatal check at about six weeks after the birth, you can go ahead if you want to. Some health professionals suggest trying sex with your partner before your postnatal check, if you both feel ready, so they can address any problems at your appointment.

You'll need to consider contraception when you do start to have sex again. Even if you are still breastfeeding and your periods haven't returned, you may still get pregnant again.

If you're not yet ready to have sex, continue with kissing and touching and being physically close to each other. Try to do this, even if it seems a lot of effort when you're tired and preoccupied with your new baby. Returning to sex will then feel less daunting and more like a natural progression.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a536362/sex-after-the-birth

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nten: 7:49pm On May 23, 2015
No time. Active Continuous and spontaneous slamming advised
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by labbyboi(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2015
nellyme:
REASONS:
MY ADVICE:
CLOSING REMARK:
Cheers!!!
I rest my case
But what do you think

Are you educating us or you want to learn? undecided
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by missKiffy(f): 7:52pm On May 23, 2015
One this I know is, it's not good to take in sperm while breastfeeding, it will affect the baby, condom is advised for married couples while the woman is breastfeeding
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by ololo12: 7:53pm On May 23, 2015
What is the meaning of Bae??

nickibarb:

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 23, 2015
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by haul: 8:01pm On May 23, 2015
Beremx:
There's nothing wrong with a nursing mother having sex. Well it depends if the nursing mother had a CS or normal delivery. For those who had CS,its kinda scary when having intercourse but with time,the nursing mother gets used to it.

Hope you not boring in bed? Because that your last sentence dey be like something for my eye.

Na ashawo I know say no dey allow make you suck n handle brea5t .

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by 9jatatafo(m): 8:03pm On May 23, 2015
Chiefpriest1:

Four times in four months is quite low. I figure he's giving you time to face the kids.

Glad you trust him enough to know he's not cheating on you.

We might deceive ourselves to sound very loving sometimes,but fact is that once the babies start coming, there's always a lull in sexual activities between couples.

If you drive, have you noticed that the excitement you had when you just bought the car has waned over the years? It's the nature of man.

Dont sweat it as far as its not a big problem. You can jokingly tell him,but dont bug him to the extent of making him feel less of a man.

She said 4x a week and not 4x a month. Breaking the above down, it means they bleep 4 times in a week which translates to 16 shots a month. Know that married couple with kids cannot continue bleeping like when it was just the man and woman alone. A lot of responsibilities for the kids and care together with life stress will affect se.x life.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by sigidporte(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2015
nellyme:

Lolzzzz....u don join ni...make ya own input jhoor

Promise, i bet the resulting output of my input wont be so nice, so im keeping my input to myself.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 23, 2015
nickibarb:

yea I understand, try to b hotter, dress hot, u re a pretty lady and u gat a good body, sometimes we jst deceive ourself with d word 'trust'

Men needs flashy tins, try to b flashy, hope u re nt giving ur baby more attention than your hubby? @Op its okay d lady can have sex, bt I prefer 5-7weeks after delivery

4get all those believe, all na lie,,
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 23, 2015
lepasharon:
''It pushes the impatient husbands to infidelity''....so if men don't have sex they will die huh? Kmt!

No we won't, Bt lemme tell u d truth, men luv Sex, so u depriving ur hubby of DAT is bad, Cous so many ladies out deer re ready to satisfy him, and u stand d chance of lossing
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 8:11pm On May 23, 2015
nellyme:
U been wan write another thing again?
Ok make I help you.

The breastmilk belongs to both the father and d baby.. grin
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Phinagold(f): 8:18pm On May 23, 2015
coogaluta:

you heard this?
or you made it up to lengthen your opening post?

I have not just heard. I know a couple practising that too
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by oseiwe(m): 8:18pm On May 23, 2015
nellyme:
Still waiting for mature inputs...
u go visit nursing mother and na kpanshing things una dey discuss, naija ladies! una go don describe and compare levels tire.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 23, 2015
Beremx:

as if say na you get your body. Your hubby has the right to handle, suck, squeeze any part of your body cos he owns it.

Inugo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / House Maid Beat Young Child To Near Death In Uganda (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.