Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,616 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k (26218 Views)

Man Who Trekked In Solidarity For APC Receives N.25 Million Cash Reward. Photo / Buhari Meets & Shakes Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja [Photos] / Nigerian Army Gets New Director Of Public Relations [see Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by harbdulrasaq88(m): 2:20pm On May 20, 2015
Ibrahim Mai Riga (alias Kawulala), the 30 year old man who trekked from Taraba to Borno state to show appreciation to the Nigerian military over their efforts at liberating captured territories from Boko Haram, has been awarded for his effort. Riga received a traditional title as well as a Peugeot 406 car and N250,000 from the Borno state government

The government said they were rewarding him for his efforts at encouraging other fleeing residents of the state to come back home. Riga trekked for 11 days and covered a distance of over 800km

He was received in Maiduguri by the GOC 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Lamidi Adeosun, in company of other officers and soldiers on Monday May 18th.

General Lamidi Adeosun said he personally received Kawulala in order to identify with his feat. Riga also visited the emir of Gwoza, Alhaji Mustapha Muhammadu Idrissa Timta, who bestowed the title of ‘Sarkin Tafiya’ (Master Trekker) on him

“We are proud of you because your trek is symbolic and opens the way for our people that fled to various locations within Nigeria and neighbouring countries to return,” the emir said.

Borno state Deputy governor, Zannah Umar Mustapha also granted Riga audience in his office and presented him with a 406 Peugeot car and N250,000.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/55135-man-gets-title-car-n-25m-for-trekking-from-jalingo-to-maiduguri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Tunnamania(m): 2:53pm On May 20, 2015
Seems this business is worthwhile, op when will u start yours?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 20, 2015
Dats a gud reward for his stress

1 Like

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by hardywaltz(m): 4:35pm On May 20, 2015
E be like say mesef I go follow trek...

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Skywalker5(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2015
This is now getting ridiculous. People are not even trekking for charity. See what this has turned too. I won't be surprised if a lot of people continue to join this stuff,now that money is involved.

5 Likes

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by dorin27(f): 4:36pm On May 20, 2015
What is my reward for reading this post?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by MKO4ever(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2015
Good for him
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by maggilove(f): 4:37pm On May 20, 2015
Good one here, this will encourage all those trekking for Buhari and GEJ I guess.
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 20, 2015
Good to see them getting rewarded.
Honestly, I do not care about the political trekkers. This guy trekked for a noble course and I pray God bless him for this selfless act.

18 Likes

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by encryptjay(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2015
Trekking tinz... Easy money grin
Trekkers association of Nigeria suppose dey

TAN angry? Da fuq!!?

13 Likes

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 20, 2015
The Ajala trekkers will keep trekking.

The more they get rewarded, the more they will keep trekking

Why be a contract staff and receive 25k as salary when you can trek for a month and get 250k and a car?

16 Likes 4 Shares

trek ko twerk ni. e don do na.
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by netmoneywizard: 4:37pm On May 20, 2015
Spae booked.
*modified*
These people rewarding the mad trekkers are the ones encouraging the madness. I'm still laughing at those guys planning to trek to Mecca

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by hrykanu231(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2015
Some Nigerians and bandwagon mentality

1 Like

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Etumgbe(m): 4:38pm On May 20, 2015
After this news now the trekking madness will double

1 Like

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Pelummy(f): 4:38pm On May 20, 2015
New life begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maintenance for the car nko?
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Eliass: 4:38pm On May 20, 2015
let the trekking begin.....in a trekking era
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by MKO4ever(m): 4:38pm On May 20, 2015
dorin27:
What is my reward for reading this post?

Your reward is that I just checked your dp and you look pretty in there
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by elitehowcom: 4:38pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Lanretoye(m): 4:39pm On May 20, 2015
Me self wan treck...
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by InZA: 4:39pm On May 20, 2015
"Master Trekker" grin grin

I think I'm going to eat for a cause, hopefully I'd get a title like "Master Eater" grin
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by luckyman1010(m): 4:40pm On May 20, 2015
Omo me self I go start mine from Zamfara to Okrika to welcome mama piss back home.
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by efguy1(m): 4:41pm On May 20, 2015
omo, make i start my own from NORTH POLE to SOuTH POLE.

Na presidency, Jet and 250million dem go give me.
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 20, 2015
What a way to encourage others to begin trekking.
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by eminikansoso(m): 4:41pm On May 20, 2015
a car, 250k and chieftain for trekking for Nigeria Army
Imagine what will be given to those guys trekking for Mr. President GEJ

some called it madness while others called it solidarity support but what I can say is that
IHE NDI NERI KA NDI NA SO
(one man need is another man poison)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by strawberryinc(m): 4:41pm On May 20, 2015
nigerians and hustling...
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 20, 2015
The guy is now a millionaire yet some are there calling him - and other Trekkers - jobless (lol). He's now richer than 90% of those calling him jobless.

Meanwhile after hearing the news, more youths decided to join the profitable venture...
[img]http://i./DBxIQMoAZ3wlO.gif[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by Pope22(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2015
This is good and bad..as so many people will soon die via treking soon.
Re: Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k by WAGAZ: 4:43pm On May 20, 2015
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deputy Senate President: Election Begins As Ekweremadu Locks Horns With OmoAgege / Naira To Be Re-Denominated / Burial Of Agunola Omomowo, Ondo Council Chairman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.